Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

inthesto posted:

It should be the first thing you see after you log in on a new day (servers consider it a new day at 4 AM). It's not even a "little" pop up, it takes up the entire drat screen.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

You also get it right after you buy it. The day you buy it is the "first day". Check your credit card statement. Did the transaction go through? My Visa won't even accept mihoyo as a merchant, and my mastercard makes me enter a 2FA code every time.

I remember that screen on the day I bought it, but I have never seen it again since that first time. When I launch the game all it does it drop me directly into the game where I left off. There’s no screen telling me to tap to claim the gems. And I paid for it through Apple’s in-app purchase so it hasn’t shown up on my credit card yet but I definitely got the 300 not-primogems and IAP works for everything else.

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

On PS4, I have to make sure I'm completely logged out to see it the next day. Like, menu then square log out not just put console to sleep.

I still get them even if I don't see the screen but I like seeing the screen every day.

Oh poo poo, I wonder if that’s it. I play on my iPad and I don’t think I’ve ever tapped the logout/exit button. I just swipe up to minimize the game and go on my way.

I already submitted a ticket for it but I guess I’ll screenshot my gems tonight and check if I have 90 more tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

I already submitted a ticket for it but I guess I’ll screenshot my gems tonight and check if I have 90 more tomorrow.

You’ll have them.

If I forget to force close the app on my iPhone before I go to bed I won’t get the pop up but primo will be there. I’ve checked a few times with screen shots and it’s always worked just fine.

If you want to make double sure you need to force close the app when you are done for the day.

If it stays in memory you probably won’t get the pop up.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’ve never been able to get the double fall dmg thing to work but looking at that video I also couldn’t see it happening so is this just something that happens at the end or something?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
I sent a message to mihoyo about the welkin moon and they are well aware of the problem. Basically said they dont know why it happens but the pop up fails to load on log in sometimes. The gems should still hit your account. Look at how many days you have remaining vs when you purchased.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

kater posted:

I’ve never been able to get the double fall dmg thing to work but looking at that video I also couldn’t see it happening so is this just something that happens at the end or something?

The double fall damage is Charged Attack > E pointed at ground, then up and launch. The fall damage from the first ground hit will be less than the second one.

Check number #3 in this video and you'll see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUxlJ7aFEOE

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I haven't seen it here yet, there's a new web-based event up that started today (PC only for now, PS4 version has some issues and is delayed):

https://www.hoyolab.com/genshin/article/144888

It gives in-game rewards, so if you can have it running somewhere aside (or remember to launch it once a day), you can get 120 primos and some upgrade mats/mora.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

I think I haven't seen it here yet, there's a new web-based event up that started today (PC only for now, PS4 version has some issues and is delayed):

It gives in-game rewards, so if you can have it running somewhere aside (or remember to launch it once a day), you can get 120 primos and some upgrade mats/mora.

Is this supposed to be accessed in game? Not seeing any event there. I guess it knows your account by browser if logged into their main website?

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 22, 2021

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

Is this supposed to be accessed in game? Not seeing any event there. I guess it knows your account by browser if logged into their main website?
Clicking this link under the >GO TO EVENT< heading worked for me. Nice to not have to deal with this in game even if the interface is still pretty bad.
https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys/event/e20210122-slime/index.html?utm_source=hoyolab

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That browser game is somehow more taxing on my PC than the actual game.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Clicking this link under the >GO TO EVENT< heading worked for me. Nice to not have to deal with this in game even if the interface is still pretty bad.
https://webstatic-sea.mihoyo.com/ys/event/e20210122-slime/index.html?utm_source=hoyolab

The initial link worked for me, I bought an exp book and I received it in game. Just seemed odd with no confirmation that you are logged in and no message/link in game so far.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Pain of Mind posted:

The initial link worked for me, I bought an exp book and I received it in game. Just seemed odd with no confirmation that you are logged in and no message/link in game so far.

There is a logged in indicator when you first load the page. You musta still been logged in from redeem codes or something.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Having a Keqing banner for the event seems to back up the idea that they aren't able to keep up with their intended release schedule. It could also mean they want to be more thorough in their testing so they don't have another Zhongli catastrophe. I can only hope we can get some more info about Hutao before Xiao's banner ends or else I might have to take a chance on him.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

moush posted:

Having a Keqing banner for the event seems to back up the idea that they aren't able to keep up with their intended release schedule. It could also mean they want to be more thorough in their testing so they don't have another Zhongli catastrophe. I can only hope we can get some more info about Hutao before Xiao's banner ends or else I might have to take a chance on him.

Keqing makes the most sense to run because 1) She's probably the most popular female 5 star overall and 2) She's and Qiqi are the only liyue launch 5 stars and they're probably saving a Qiqi rate up with Hu Tao.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Is there any strategy to this or do I just get coins every day and buy everything it lets me buy?

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
people have been begging for rate-ups on standard 5*s, just seems like the smart thing to do. especially if 1.1 really was meant to be part of release originally, it would mean that the new character blitz was just them playing catchup rather than the intended rate of new characters.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

id be really surprised if they're doing a keqing story chapter and we don't see a banner for her. curious to know if they will end up running 2 banners at once and we see the zhong li re-run as well like people were speculating before.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

YES bread posted:

people have been begging for rate-ups on standard 5*s, just seems like the smart thing to do. especially if 1.1 really was meant to be part of release originally, it would mean that the new character blitz was just them playing catchup rather than the intended rate of new characters.

Hopefully they don't add the rate up to the 5 star limited banner. That would be all kinds of dickish.

I'm figuring that eventually they're going to have something like Honkai's supply dorm system. Where you can use their version of an expedition system (It's more complex than Genshin's since each character has stat allottments that determine what types of missions they can do.) to get tokens that let you buy all sorts of stuff, including a free roll from the supply dorm roll.

Otherwise they'll eventually hit a point where they have so many characters in the non limited banner that you won't even be able to level up your character's or get new ones reliably without risking getting starglitter'd.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
So I finally did some rolls on the weapon event banner and got a Skyward Pride on my 20th roll. I suppose it's not worth trying to get an Amos Bow now.

I now have two 5* weapons and I'm not using either of them:

I already have an 85 serpent spine and 90 prototype animus. I stopped raising the Pride when I realized it was going to take me 3 days worth of primogens to get it to 80 then another 2-3 to get it to 90. And it leaves me with 3 claymores and 2 claymore users. I do have a C6 Noelle at L60.

Here are my dudes with Constellations if appropriate, help me figure out how to trickle these down:

The other 5* is Sacred Winds. My catalyst users are already using their supposed BOS gear (Dragon Tales for Barbara and Sacrificial Book Thingie for Sucrose). Is it good enough to be worth boosting my C6 Ning or C3 Klee? I also have C1 L70 Mona as support but I mainly use Xingqui now.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Archonex posted:

Otherwise they'll eventually hit a point where they have so many characters in the non limited banner that you won't even be able to level up your character's or get new ones reliably without risking getting starglitter'd.
Not at the rate we're getting characters, I tell you that.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Araganzar posted:

So I finally did some rolls on the weapon event banner and got a Skyward Pride on my 20th roll. I suppose it's not worth trying to get an Amos Bow now.

I already have an 85 serpent spine and 90 prototype animus. I stopped raising the Pride when I realized it was going to take me 3 days worth of primogens to get it to 80 then another 2-3 to get it to 90. And it leaves me with 3 claymores and 2 claymore users. I do have a C6 Noelle at L60.

Here are my dudes with Constellations if appropriate, help me figure out how to trickle these down:

The other 5* is Sacred Winds. My catalyst users are already using their supposed BOS gear (Dragon Tales for Barbara and Sacrificial Book Thingie for Sucrose). Is it good enough to be worth boosting my C6 Ning or C3 Klee? I also have C1 L70 Mona as support but I mainly use Xingqui now.
why did you pull Klee to C3 if you weren't going to use her? Regardless, lost prayer is perfect for her

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I could see them eventually adding a 2nd rotating banner that features baseline 5*s or event reruns alongside the current event banners. It would be nice for times where you don't want the featured event character or already pulled them but could spring for Venti or Zhongli or something instead.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Tae posted:

Keqing makes the most sense to run because 1) She's probably the most popular female 5 star overall and 2) She's and Qiqi are the only liyue launch 5 stars and they're probably saving a Qiqi rate up with Hu Tao.

If they rate up Qiqi, I hope it comes with a buff so I can feel less sad about pulling her twice instead of literally any other non-Diluc.

Also, Xiao banner deets plz. I'm not used to seeing my primo higher than 160, and it's at like 3k since getting Ganyu on the first pull.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I hope they do story quests for 4* characters (beyond the ones that existed at release) at some point.

Araganzar posted:

It's kind of cruel how the weapon banner has two rate-up weapons. Arknights does the same thing.

At least just having a single character on the character banner means you can guarantee it.

moush posted:

It'd be kind of weird if they never had banners for any of the Standard banner characters.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Araganzar posted:

That looks like a Skyward Atlas to me and not a lost prayer unless you have another lost prayer hidden away somewhere.

If you're already clearing abyss to a degree that you're satisfied with you can do whatever you want. If it were me, I would level Noelle and put the Pride on her, it's a great weapon for her. Klee is weirder because I'm just naturally resistant to leveling two pyro carries at once so I'd probably put the Atlas on Mona, but if you ever want to use both Mona and Klee you'd put Atlas on Klee and Mappa on Mona.

I also personally prefer Festering on Jean just because I think her E damage is more relevant than Bennett's (this will depend on how you've built each character).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 23, 2021

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Araganzar posted:

Yeah....Sacred winds is Klee's best weapon since it gives her a massive stack of crit rate, which benefits her teammates due to her her ascension talent.

C3 Klee with sacred winds plus max consellation XQ Bennett Sucrose (or venti) would be absolutely absurd.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

If they do a side character banner, it should have Amber Lisa Kaeya as 4*s

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I'm being completely serious when I say that would actually be a good thing. The only way to really pull dupes of those 3 is from the Standard banner, and there they are in a giant pool of every other 4* character and a ton of weapons. If you throw them onto a side-banner focused on non-event 5*s and/or reruns then it means mostly F2P players can buff up units they are guaranteed to have around. All three of them actually have some pretty great constellations too.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Skyward Pride is good for Xinyan and especially Razor because the procs are phys dmg.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Archonex posted:

so far they will never hit this point because none of the characters they add (barring 4*) are in the standard pool. with standard rolls also being just a thing you passively accumulate through AR/ascension/patch and BP cycles, i don't think they'll ever need to do more than have these occasional featured 5* banners like Keqing. with the 4* pool, stuff like the 3:1 character ratio on event banners and the glitter shop mean they probably don't need to worry about 4* pool size either, ignoring that it doesn't seem to be growing particularly fast.

though the lack of Amber/Lisa/Kaeya on banners runs counter to all that, for whatever stupid reason Mihoyo decided people wouldn't want or shouldn't be able to get their cons unless they wait years for luck and glitter shop cycles to align.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jan 23, 2021

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Soothing Vapors posted:

why did you pull Klee to C3 if you weren't going to use her? Regardless, lost prayer is perfect for her

Sorry, she's just C2 - I did a couple ten pulls on the banner after getting her because I think I really wanted the other 4*s? And 2nd pull I get a Klee. Then I'm like well at least that reset my pity, week later I do another 10 pull and I get another Klee. Then I stopped.

No Wave posted:

That looks like a Skyward Atlas to me and not a lost prayer unless you have another lost prayer hidden away somewhere.

If you're already clearing abyss to a degree that you're satisfied with you can do whatever you want. If it were me, I would level Noelle and put the Pride on her, it's a great weapon for her. Klee is weirder because I'm just naturally resistant to leveling two pyro carries at once so I'd probably put the Atlas on Mona, but if you ever want to use both Mona and Klee you'd put Atlas on Klee and Mappa on Mona.

I also personally prefer Festering on Jean just because I think her E damage is more relevant than Bennett's (this will depend on how you've built each character).

Yeah sorry it's a Skyward Atlas. I know, I was getting excited, too! I couldn''t initially get into Klee, I don't know why, found her hard to work on controller and I had Diluc. Maybe I should give her another try.

Jean was using Noblesse but I swapped her to VV, I usually move festering over to her when I'm using her. I'm not sure how to use her I guess. Bennet is support so I really just need the highest weapon base attack.

Hackan Slash posted:

Skyward Pride is good for Xinyan and especially Razor because the procs are phys dmg.

I feel like I've been sleeping on Razor. I see him a lot in co-op and he seems to own. And I have a ton of physical damage stuff that I pawned off Xiangling after never getting talent materials for her off Stormterror.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
This browser game is really cute but I also have no idea what's happening

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I just realized I should probably spend a week farming Resistance and Freedom books.

Resistance and Freedom books Resistance and Freedom books. I swear I spent weeks already farming them but now I should spend more weeks farming them. I think I might be able to level 10 Klee's attack. Assuming it doesn't cost half a million gold, I'm down to 300k. More events please.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It doesn't cost half a million gold - it costs 700,000 gold.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Hackan Slash posted:

It's also perfectly fine on Diluc if you want to spam his ult on cooldown with some beefy base damage. I enjoy it a lot.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007

Hackan Slash posted:

Whats Xinyan good for? She’s my only missing 4* that I might choose for 1.3.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Mang Tomas posted:

I don't think she really brings that much to the table that you're missing out by not having her, but she is pretty fun. With the right number of constellations, she's kind of a Pyro alternative to Razor with more support potential.

She can also be run with Razor as a support due to having one of the few direct buffs to Phys DMG.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Araganzar posted:

I feel like I've been sleeping on Razor. I see him a lot in co-op and he seems to own. And I have a ton of physical damage stuff that I pawned off Xiangling after never getting talent materials for her off Stormterror.

Razor is extremely selfish, which is great for coop where you only get one character. He's the premiere phys dmg in the game, his playstyle is apply cryo somehow, switch to him and proc Superconduct with E and then press left click as much as possible and his Q lets you left click faster.

Mang Tomas posted:

Xinyan is a pyro claymore user who can make shields. She's nice if you need those niches, but I have then covered elsewhere so haven't really used her.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

at C0 she mostly is nice for the cleanse on her shield and its physical buff via her ascension passive. the fun stuff with her doesn't really hit until C2 imo

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

FYI, the reason we haven't seen an in-game announcement is that it technically doesn't start until 23:59 tonight PST. I guess it's live early, but they haven't officially launched it for the US yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Xinyan C4 is nice as a Razor support due to providing phys damage boost, phys defense break, cleansing shields, and getting you half way to the +25% pyro attack bonus.

I think Kaeya is usually better for priming a Razor burst, but not all enemies are vulnerable (Anemo bosses) and some enemies have naturally low physical defense, reducing the benefit of superconduct.