Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SlothfulCobra posted:

But to some people, taking those characters and bumping them up against eachother to imagine that they're in a relationship is what they love most about whatever fiction they're into, and that's fine. Other people want to make them fight, and other people want to make them play out the story of being in a doomed society falling apart and barely scraping by in the ruins.

If it was "they're relationship focused and I don't like it" I wouldn't have cared, but it was "they're relationship focused and that is bad and a betrayal of the franchise and RUINED FOREVER etc" so that can go hang.

Phy posted:

I did pick up Primal and the big skelesaurus. I cancelled them out of a preorder last month but things are a little better now and I felt weird about getting Megatron and not Primal. Kinda want to pick up Blackarachnia too but "mondo titties and she turns into a giant horrible spider" may be a tough sell with my wife.

Walmart seems to get stuff in but it's super late and random as to when. I remember people couldn't find Elita-1 for love nor money and there were six on the shelf when I went. I'm guessing they order by algorithm or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Open Marriage Night posted:

Maybe check some WWE or TMNT figures for garbage cans.

Think I might be done with Transformers after 86’ Jazz and Grimlock. Only other one I might want is Springer, but he’s super easy to get.
Kind of feeling the same these days. There's a lot that I would buy if I saw it going cheap, maybe, but for the most part I've got a good enough toy of all my favourites, so it's the weird or really good stuff that shows up which I end up wanting.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Maybe check some WWE or TMNT figures for garbage cans.

I don't know how legit this site is, it's web 1.0 as gently caress, but:

http://wrestlingsuperstore.com/trashcansforwrestlingactionfigures.aspx

also:

http://wrestlingsuperstore.com/foldingchairforwrestlingfigures.aspx

(they also have breakable tables, which would have been the perfect accessory for the Prowl I sent one of yall a few Secret Santas ago)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

They’ve made pretty much every major G1 character in the last two years. A new Devastator or more Dinobots, are my only real wants that haven’t had a WFC release.

I’m not a Cliffjumper fan, but I saw one at Meijer the other day, and figured Bumblebee needed a friend. Plus, all respect to Casey Kasem.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

They’ve made pretty much every major G1 character in the last two years. A new Devastator or more Dinobots, are my only real wants that haven’t had a WFC release.

Yeah. Honestly the only thing I'd really want is more Studio Series '86 Dinobots.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I just got SS86 Grimlock. He's not perfect - I wish the Wheelie Money had gone to covering screwholes and better weapon storage, and a sword - but he's pretty dang good! And rightfully huge, even if he isn't as dense as I'd like.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

He wouldn’t have had a sword even without Wheelie. Studio Series is all about screen accuracy and cartoon Grimlock never had the sword from the toy.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
dang, these guys look great, but maybe a bit pricier than i want to spend on cassettes after shipping/currency conversion/etc

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Nodosaur posted:

He wouldn’t have had a sword even without Wheelie. Studio Series is all about screen accuracy and cartoon Grimlock never had the sword from the toy.

Huh! I guess that's right.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Phy posted:

"Men approach the robot spaceman toy brand this way, and that's normal, but women approach the robot spaceman toy brand that way, and it's weird and obsessive" is both a misogynistic generalization to make, and also textbook gatekeeping, dude.

Don't get me wrong. I adore all the weird shipping.
Jazz and Soundwave have several kids? Allright!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

All this talk about drawing and shipping makes me miss TFCon.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Homora Gaykemi posted:

dang, these guys look great, but maybe a bit pricier than i want to spend on cassettes after shipping/currency conversion/etc

Oh wow! They do.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

DoctorWhat posted:

I think the only one who used a sword was Snarl. (It did shoot lasers.)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Phy posted:

The comics thread in pyf is talking about Heathcliff and I am suddenly overcome by a desperate need for a couple of toy garbage cans for Primal

Any garbage can Botbots?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

The MSJ posted:

Any garbage can Botbots?

There is a rancid can of tuna one, for sure. I've got that one.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
One of those Master Shake-type Big Gulp cups could do in a pinch, maybe.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Phy posted:

I did pick up Primal

Oh no. Oh crap, people. Primal's good. He's a 5/8ths scale '96 Primal with wrists and ankles and a gorilla neck. He's missing the firing missile launchers and the chest-beating gimmick but that's it. Both arms have pop-out forearm blasters, which I totally didn't realize when I bought him.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

You can get 3 WWE action figure sized trash cans for $15 with prime shipping on Amazon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Target is blowing out BotBots. The $10 packs are $1.79 locally.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Meanwhile

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/Cheetimus/status/1351717682433802241?s=20

For those not on the Discord.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Deep Cover actually looks good. I wish they'd updated that mold for a closer earth mode before all the redecos though.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Phy posted:

The comics thread in pyf is talking about Heathcliff and I am suddenly overcome by a desperate need for a couple of toy garbage cans for Primal

Are there any Bot Bots that transform into garbage cans?

edit: I'm very late to the party and should have kept reading the thread.

Maybe check doll house sets to see if there are any small cans that can be used.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well there's this page. I like that they list it as a unisex toy. This garbage can is fun for both boys and girls!
https://www.wish.com/product/5a6ac8da89ce454ab474511d?from_ad=goog_shopping

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I would just try getting mini soda cans and taking off the labels.

There's also small vegetable cans out there, but I think the horizontal ribbing might take away from looking like trash cans.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

DoctorWhat posted:

Dr. Wu or someone will definitely make swords for the SS Dinobots.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Adventures in selling toys.

quote:

Buyer: "I haven't received the figures you sold me, I want my money back."

Me: "USPS shows you signed for the box."

Buyer: "nevermind."

What the actual gently caress?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
My enthusiasm has receded since last night, but if I do get anything it'll be the WWE cans. Primal's hands open up and the WWE can lids have handles that looks like he can hold them like the actual garbage ape

e: enthusiasm for garbage cans, not for Primal, he's still really goddamn good.

Rhyno posted:

Some people got no shame about trying to scam you

Some people should be dropped into the sea

Phy fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 22, 2021

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

So, you need three of that guy to make that, huh? Looks pretty cool.

Deep Cover isn't up for preorder at Pulse...

And Pulse just told me they shipped my teeny tiny Optimus Prime from Kingdom, but nothing else from the order.

Uh.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rhyno posted:

It's possible their wife or something signed for it and forgot to tell them but most likely they're a fuckhead

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Nabbed a complete Tripredacus off ebay for $100. Every limb, every insect leg, all the weapons, fantastic

I had figured in the 20 years since I lost/sold/threw out my Tripredacus, I'd have enough wisdom to be able to transform the beetle, but no.

Cicadacon? Fantastic
Sea Clamp? Fantastic
Ram Horn? Dogshit. Absolute hogshit transformer that seems to defy the laws of three dimensional space, and I understand why I just left the bastard in "Tripredacus's Arms" mode all the time as a kid

Tripredacus is still dope as gently caress though, and he honestly doesn't look or feel terribly out of place against lots of modern Transformers

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Rhyno posted:

Deep Cover actually looks good. I wish they'd updated that mold for a closer earth mode before all the redecos though.
Rumor has it there's an earth mode Sideswipe in the pipeline, but I find that kind of unlikely since I don't really see where in the current lineup it'd fit. Kingdom seems pretty full and Sideswipe seems like an unlikely choice for Studio Series. But then so was Jazz.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Knormal posted:

Rumor has it there's an earth mode Sideswipe in the pipeline, but I find that kind of unlikely since I don't really see where in the current lineup it'd fit. Kingdom seems pretty full and Sideswipe seems like an unlikely choice for Studio Series. But then so was Jazz.

The rumor says it's supposed to be an exclusive; specifically, in a two pack with Voyager Dinobot as Beast Wars Grimlock.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nodosaur posted:

The rumor says it's supposed to be an exclusive; specifically, in a two pack with Voyager Dinobot as Beast Wars Grimlock.

Well gently caress.

Kinda hoping that's a taint reap cause that would be right up my alley

the guy from Semisonic
Jan 13, 2006

Let's kick some gigabutt!

Bleak Gremlin

Rhyno posted:

I had a problem mailman that would scan all of the packages on his route as "delivered" as soon as he parked his van on the street. He would even fake signatures for deliveries. It took having most of the neighborhood reporting him just to get him "reassigned" to a new route. He should have been fired.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

the guy from Semisonic posted:

I had a problem mailman that would scan all of the packages on his route as "delivered" as soon as he parked his van on the street. He would even fake signatures for deliveries. It took having most of the neighborhood reporting him just to get him "reassigned" to a new route. He should have been fired.

So was he stealing them or just being a lazy gently caress?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I've got a wishlist of toys I'm going after based entirely off of "Characters I like" from various cartoons and IDW comics. I was able to pick up a devastator really cheap but my brain worms demands I keep some form of parity and I need an autobot combiner for him to menacingly stare at.

Shame all the combiner wars poo poo is so expensive EXCEPT for devastator.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhymenoserous posted:

I've got a wishlist of toys I'm going after based entirely off of "Characters I like" from various cartoons and IDW comics. I was able to pick up a devastator really cheap but my brain worms demands I keep some form of parity and I need an autobot combiner for him to menacingly stare at.

Shame all the combiner wars poo poo is so expensive EXCEPT for devastator.

There's cheap knockoffs.

Do you want something Devastator sized? He towers over the CW teams. I have the oversized Defensor set in my "sell this stuff" pile and it would scale better with that Dev.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Rhyno posted:

There's cheap knockoffs.

Do you want something Devastator sized? He towers over the CW teams. I have the oversized Defensor set in my "sell this stuff" pile and it would scale better with that Dev.

I'm not too concerned about size but I've been avoiding knockoffs. I have a few people looking for a superion for me as he's my favorite Autobot combiner.

I think my wishlist now is down to most of the Studio86 stuff which I already have pre-ordered, a Superion, Overlord (Based entirely on his IDW stuff) and Jetfire which again I already have on pre-order. After that I'm probably going to calm down on this a bit :v:

EDIT: I'm also scooping up any Wreckers I can find regardless of continuity. I've got a little shelf dedicated to them already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Welp, looks like I'm gonna be putting the band back together. God drat you Hasbro.