Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Sindai posted:

Toudou gets better and better the more we see him

I did not like Toudou 22 minutes ago. Now I love Toudou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Dislikeness ended with TOUDOU. Now TOUDOU is MY BEST FRIEND.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yesssssssss
Feelings of Brotherhood well up from deep within

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Even if the Kyoto team can claim trying to kill Yuji is morally justified, they're definitely already disqualified from this competition, right? No murder was one of the rules.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brutal Garcon posted:

Even if the Kyoto team can claim trying to kill Yuji is morally justified, they're definitely already disqualified from this competition, right? No murder was one of the rules.

He tripped, the arrow shaped wound in his back is just a coincidence.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brutal Garcon posted:

They have not murdered him.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Two good boys with good taste.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm glad we finally got to the dream sequence. It is one of my favorite moments from the manga.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

MonsterEnvy posted:

They have not murdered him.

They're saying if they did though.

Tbh considering the old dude's attitude I'm pretty sure he doesn't consider Kyoto being disqualified or even losing the event an issue. The biggest problem would be convincing Gojou it was accident.

Also Toudou is just the best.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

how much of the manga are we expecting to get adapted this season? I noticed the manga is only 135 chapters long so far

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

grieving for Gandalf posted:

how much of the manga are we expecting to get adapted this season? I noticed the manga is only 135 chapters long so far

I think we have maybe one more arc after the Exchange event for the first season.

Checking things. The Vs Mahito arc was 13 chapters and ended on chapter 31. This arc and the one after it take up 33 chapters so they could both be adapted.

I would also love if we could get the 4 chapter Volume 0 adapted.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MonsterEnvy posted:

I would also love if we could get the 4 chapter Volume 0 adapted.

Volume 0 feels like something you'd adapt into an OVA that comes with the Blu-ray release of the series. I hope it gets adapted one way or another though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I like rear end in a top hat muscleman because rear end in a top hat characters can be fun. I like rear end in a top hat muscleman even more now that he has someone to bond with regarding his preference in girls.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

grieving for Gandalf posted:

The current arc is nearly half the length of the manga lol and surely enough content for another 26 episode series

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

With the way shows are produced nowadays they won't catch up any time soon.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I'm caught up on the manga and this is really good, I binged it last night with no regrets.

The adaptations of the Curses are all really good so far. Hanami's voice <3

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Brutal Garcon posted:

the principal would argue that they just killed a curse in a human skin, not a human, ergo not murder

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I don't think Jennifer Lawrence is tall or has a big butt but maybe that's part of the joke???

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I don't think Jennifer Lawrence is tall or has a big butt but maybe that's part of the joke???

Five foot nine. Tall for an American woman, very tall by Japanese standards. For reference, she's an inch taller than Yuuji.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Big Shishio Makoto vibes

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Panda is not a Panda

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Gotta say that Panda is the best Panda who isn't a Panda.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love it when animators go out on beam attacks

They always seem to know how to make them look cool as hell

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Centzon Totochtin posted:

chiasaur11 posted:

Five foot nine. Tall for an American woman, very tall by Japanese standards. For reference, she's an inch taller than Yuuji.
This has been a fairly common joke since forever of japanese characters that like curvy foreigners; to give you an idea concerning heights, voice actresses Haruka Tomatsu (Asuna in SAO; 165/5'5'') and Aki Toyosaki (Yui in K-On; 169;5'7'') are considered very tall for Japanese women.
  • Dumb note #1: Back from my days of learning Japanese in the late 90's, I got my hand in a few of the KOF and Samurai Shodown's "GAMEST! Comics" anthologies. One of the first ones I got was basically profiles of SamSho characters and I remember Kyoshiro Senryo (the kabuki dancer) citing his favorite kind of woman being "A westerner with measurements Japanese women would be baffled by".
  • Dumb note #2: One of my bandmates has pictures and posters of all her celebrity crushes on her rehearsal space's corner, and J-Law features prominently in said photo/poster collage, so hearing Yuji confess back in ep 2 and then said confession making a (surprisingly plot-relevant!) comeback in ep 15 has been fairly funny since it's like hearing my bandmate talking about her crush on her. :mmmhmm:

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
To be honest, this episode just reminded me why I'm not really into battle shonen anymore. Tedious explanations of how exactly their magic bullshit works and pointless fights with no stakes are pretty boring. I liked it when it leaned more into horror aspect, and we had fights with really hateable characters like Mahito, and I hope it gets back to that soon.

Also gorilla Panda design is way worse than his regular one. His face doesn't even move when he speaks.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

jk this episode was essentially an animated Tekken match and it rocked

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Man I just started this show and I regret not starting sooner. This animation is amazing.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

wedgie deliverer posted:

Man I just started this show and I regret not starting sooner. This animation is amazing.

I'm in the opposite boat, where I started it a month in and now I'm sad I have to wait week to week.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Is there a manga thread? There's a lot to talk there too that obviously shouldn't be said here.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blaze Dragon posted:

Is there a manga thread? There's a lot to talk there too that obviously shouldn't be said here.

The Shonen thread currently as a Manga thread has not been made.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You can create the thread if you feel like. Apparently, the arc that just finished running in the manga was off the hook, hence why I'm staying the hell away from spoilers for the time being.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wark Say posted:

You can create the thread if you feel like. Apparently, the arc that just finished running in the manga was off the hook, hence why I'm staying the hell away from spoilers for the time being.

It was pretty cool, though it was long.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Best episode yet, right there

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The girls are cool.

Also kind of sucks for Mai there. She has a cursed technique that is theoretically powerful, but she lacks the energy to use it in any capacity but making one really simple object.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like the Juju Strolls focusing on other school since we probably won't get as much time with them.

But uh...milk in Ramen? I don't know about that.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yo that was a good loving episode

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
These fights are so drat beautiful. Loved seeing the girls in action.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Lol @ the squeaky hammer.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Mindblast posted:

Lol @ the squeaky hammer.

she’s a kind soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Every single outfit in this show is a banger.