Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.
Anyone who played Earthshatter (EDIT)Champion to express an opinion on "First to strike last to fall" vs "Inspirational" as the fourth lab pick?

I'm mostly making this build up as I go based on the poe.ninja heatmap, but its a 50/50 split on this one.

RossCo fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jan 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im assuming youre talking about champion, not gladiator?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Anyone here try bladeblast Assassin? Any comments on it?

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Control Volume posted:

Im assuming youre talking about champion, not gladiator?

I am! Sorry.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

RossCo posted:

I am! Sorry.

Personally I always took adrenaline since I die to quick bursts damage all the time and I never found banners to be that interesting. I cant speak to earthshatter itself, but the buffs to Inspiration dont make it look appealing even now.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

RossCo posted:

Anyone who played Earthshatter (EDIT)Champion to express an opinion on "First to strike last to fall" vs "Inspirational" as the fourth lab pick?

I'm mostly making this build up as I go based on the poe.ninja heatmap, but its a 50/50 split on this one.

Im playing pretty much the same build but using EQ instead because I dont like earthshatter. I was bleed until around lvl90 and had both, but when I switched to impale I dropped first to strike last to fall because I feel like it gives me less. The reduced mana reserve is extremely useful and 35% aura effect is actually a huge amount of damage. I get intimidate from intimidating cry and admoniser removes the few ailments I'm not immune to from the constant warcries so it's just not that useful unless you want to do weaponswap block magic aura gimmicks to deliberately proc adrenaline.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Rodent1/characters?characterName=EQRodent there's the setup I have going atm

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fat_Cow posted:

I am. Do Esoro's build, I started with Matth's and it relies way too much on not getting touched as a defense layer for my taste, although it did serve its purpose of getting to red maps relatively quickly. It's a glass cannon but it shits out damage and moves pretty fast. Running 2x Cold Iron Points isn't in the guides but it's a big DPS boost for not much money. You don't need a Carcass Jack but it sure does help, the Cinderswallow is such QoL that I'd prioritize it, also the Glorious Vanity Ahuana jewel for Immortal Ambition.

If a hit goes thru you die, so you're gonna die to dumb stuff in Rituals because Rituals are very rippy.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Rituals just handed me the totem quiver. Alright I get it game, I'll try making a siege ballista character.

Has anyone run Siege Ballista with Iron Commander recently? I'm finding mostly that Hierophant is favored for it but I was contemplating if Deadeye might be pretty good for all the projectile modifiers you can grab.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
If I want to make a Witch this time around, coming from more melee oriented characters, what should I keep in mind?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

levels on spell gems are very important. adding a couple +gem levels on gear is big compared to a melee character

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Which also means that you don't have to be constantly upgrading your weapon to have your damage output keep up with the content. The right 3L spell setup in a +1 wand can easily get you through the story.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

All the ballista gems were buffed I say go for it

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Unlucky7 posted:

If I want to make a Witch this time around, coming from more melee oriented characters, what should I keep in mind?

approach packs tangential (perpendicular?) to them, instead running directly at them

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I can't find this particular combination on the trade sites, and I have no experience with bow builds, can one of you PoE wizards give me an idea of what I should be asking for this?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/E4yao0Rf5

I'd lean towards the low-end of that scale because Broadside isn't that great of a mod and the other two can be found in plenty more jewels, as neither are particularly rare.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

whypick1 posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/E4yao0Rf5

I'd lean towards the low-end of that scale because Broadside isn't that great of a mod and the other two can be found in plenty more jewels, as neither are particularly rare.

wait, what the gently caress, I did searches with all three multiple times and found nothing, then tried all three combinations of 2 and found things what the christ I'm going crazy

edit: poo poo, I had a max ilevel in there from a previous search, I'm dumb

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Man, feels like every time I come back to this game it looks a little better.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey I'm starting to replace my starter gear (belt, amulet, the two-stone ring) on my ground slam berserker, but he feels kinda squishy in yellows even without the 10% increased damage node. I'm not really sure what I can do to mitigate taking really nasty spike damage (I practically got one-shot by some spicy harvest mobs). Unwavering seems to be almost un-runnable, not sure how much of that is endurance charges being good and how much is just that I'm compensating for defense with stunning

https://pastebin.com/zQxz7z9L

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

This was pretty convenient. 3/7 of 10 exalted orbs. It is equal to finding about 4.28 exalt sitting in the alter at a very affordable tribute price.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Are harvest monster HP bugged? I just fought a t4 with my 4M dps character on a map with very easy mods and it was a 20 minute fight where the guy had probably 50x the HP of sirus. I was just standing there blasting him in the face with fully changed divine ires over and over watching a TV show and actually managed to finish the episode before I wrapped it up.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

Are harvest monster HP bugged? I just fought a t4 with my 4M dps character on a map with very easy mods and it was a 20 minute fight where the guy had probably 50x the HP of sirus. I was just standing there blasting him in the face with fully changed divine ires over and over watching a TV show and actually managed to finish the episode before I wrapped it up.

idk if it's a bug but I had a similar experience

Also what are people doing for mana sustain on bbbf chieftain? I'm dying a lot more than I'm used to to maven juiced bosses because I run out of mana flask, which leads to not being able to leech or warcry, death. I'm working on getting thread of hope/intuitive leap so that I can pick up some more mana notables, but I'm considering dropping aspect of the spider because I feel like I'd rather have the mana.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I would love to buy some cosmetics but I took a look at the mtx shop and got totally turned off by the prices :ohdear:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I was doing this without even thinking people might have dipped out of harvest.

When you get a harvest event and you picked the good crafts out, there is no reason not to convert your normal/magic maps to rares directly and use the chaos harvest crafts to get better %s or removed dangerous map mods.

You are left with a lot of juice and you can do 20+ maps easily .

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

Was it the blue t4 mob that pretends to be a tree for a while and takes zero damage? my expeience was that while kiting poo poo around it took 20 minutes, but when I just stood on top of him spamming damage it was like a minute or less. Not entirely sure what triggers him leaving the "Im a tree" phase, but damage on top of him seems to be working

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Papercut posted:

idk if it's a bug but I had a similar experience

Also what are people doing for mana sustain on bbbf chieftain? I'm dying a lot more than I'm used to to maven juiced bosses because I run out of mana flask, which leads to not being able to leech or warcry, death. I'm working on getting thread of hope/intuitive leap so that I can pick up some more mana notables, but I'm considering dropping aspect of the spider because I feel like I'd rather have the mana.

i dont know the build but surely you've got space in your mana pool for a level 10 clarity or something, right? alternatively, while endless is a super good mana flask mod, the charge generation mods are even better in some circumstances

Goreban Dallas 2.0
Jan 4, 2019

Fat_Cow posted:

I went with Matth’s as a league starter and got to 82 with it before rerolling as chieftain (which I just got to maps with last night). The survivability is night and day and the damage seems comparable so far. Honestly if it were me, I’d just go chieftain off the bat but ymmv.

Edit: I went with the assassin for leveling speed at league start, but with the state of the economy at this point it’s going to be easy enough to get to 28 and equip bfbb. It’s definitely a little slower and clunkier all around though.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pigbottom posted:

I would love to buy some cosmetics but I took a look at the mtx shop and got totally turned off by the prices :ohdear:

mtx is for whales only. Normies have to earn their cosmetics by competing challenges :black101:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Pigbottom posted:

Keep an eye out for sales. I have a strict rule where I'll buy the cheapest supporter pack every league and then spend the points on things that are on sale, or mystery boxes if I feel punchy. That feels like a fair amount to spend considering how much time I get out of the game.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Pigbottom posted:

buy a supporter pack, it's the most cost effective since it comes with a full set plus points. then make a watchlist and wait for sales.

I usually buy a supporter pack every league and for $60 I get more hours out of poe in 3 months than the last game I bought at full price. if you are unsure about an mtx, this guy makes good videos letting you know the mileage you can get out of each set

https://youtu.be/0QSu-vSUuFU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

TheRat posted:

Was it the blue t4 mob that pretends to be a tree for a while and takes zero damage? my expeience was that while kiting poo poo around it took 20 minutes, but when I just stood on top of him spamming damage it was like a minute or less. Not entirely sure what triggers him leaving the "Im a tree" phase, but damage on top of him seems to be working

It's damage on top of him. The other two t4 bosses do the same thing.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
This one was the pink one who does the teleporting dash and the bleed wall circle. I had nearly 100% uptime on my ignites and during the tree phase i was standing still just chaining attacks because the trash he summons gets blown up instantly by the secondary DI circle.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Time to rant about Sirus. Again.

I know the mechanics aren't that difficult, but without any way to practice, I always get to the last phase and die six quick times in succession. How the hell am I supposed to beat him when I have to spend hours of game time between attempts?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Beat him on awakener zero by taking out your watchstones. This changes the last phase so his attacks won't overlap and lets you see them in isolation. The higher levels have him casting spells much faster and with longer duration which forces you to deal with many at once.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pinwiz11 posted:

Time to rant about Sirus. Again.

I know the mechanics aren't that difficult, but without any way to practice, I always get to the last phase and die six quick times in succession. How the hell am I supposed to beat him when I have to spend hours of game time between attempts?

:negative:
Sirus is my white whale. I've reached him in three separate leagues but I have never been able to finish the fight. When I lose it's basically when I give up on the league rather than try and farm up another attempt.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Salt Fish posted:

Beat him on awakener zero by taking out your watchstones. This changes the last phase so his attacks won't overlap and lets you see them in isolation. The higher levels have him casting spells much faster and with longer duration which forces you to deal with many at once.

I've been doing that, still no luck.

I know I need to run the event more and I'm trying, I just wish there was a way to practice the fight outside of the map grind.

e: I'm just whining. Thankfully with Maven there's something else to do now with the endgame.

Pinwiz11 fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Jan 23, 2021

J
Jun 10, 2001

Papercut posted:

Get -mana cost on your jewellery, it makes a world of difference. You could also swap in a replica conqueror's efficiency before a fight you suspect is going to go long enough to present mana issues. I feel like in a perfect world if you had -10 (the crafted mod goes to -10 with catalysts) on 3 pieces of jewelry you could drop the mana flask entirely from the build. Might not even take that much, I'm at -21 at the moment and for the most part don't need the mana flask much anymore.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Papercut posted:

I ended up anointing Thrill Seeker and used two skill points to pathed to Shaper. It's not perfect, but that plus Clarity got my mana mostly under control. At the very least I only have a moment where I don't have mana, I'm going to look into adding -Mana to my jewelry as well.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Zmej posted:

buy a supporter pack, it's the most cost effective since it comes with a full set plus points. then make a watchlist and wait for sales.

I usually buy a supporter pack every league and for $60 I get more hours out of poe in 3 months than the last game I bought at full price. if you are unsure about an mtx, this guy makes good videos letting you know the mileage you can get out of each set

https://youtu.be/0QSu-vSUuFU

Thanks I'll take a look at that. The game totally deserves my money and I got some staches in the past already. I just wish the armor stuff was more affordable. I would buy much more if they were.

On the other hand, my new guy is ready to party:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you will buy the $60 wings and you will like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Awesome! posted:

you will buy the $60 wings and you will like it

Actually I have a question about the suportter packs. It says there that I can upgrade to a superior one. Let's say that I buy the eagle suportter pack could I upgrade to the empirial suportter pack next month for extra 30 bucks? Do I also get the extra 300 points for that?