Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

One day a someone should go through and make a list of all the c-list characters that have been given ambiguous fates like this and then forgotten about by the next writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's only a problem if magik decided to be a dick and ignore the situation for no reason. magik is an important military official on krakoa and it seems like getting the soul into a new body would be a pretty simple task. even if some obscure preexisting mutant doesn't have that specific power, magik is a wizard who knows other wizards.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's only a problem if magik decided to be a dick and ignore the situation for no reason. magik is an important military official on krakoa and it seems like getting the soul into a new body would be a pretty simple task. even if some obscure preexisting mutant doesn't have that specific power, magik is a wizard who knows other wizards.

Her traveling back in time to train with Stephen Strange is probably the best thing to come out of Bendis' X-Men.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That's got to be Greg Land art.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

IUG posted:

That's got to be Greg Land art.

I believe that's from Extraordinary X-Men, so it would be Victor Ibañez art.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Alaois posted:

from Jeff Lemire's Extraordinary X-Men

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Sapna_(Earth-616)

That would explain it. I wasn't reading many comics at the time and I don't think any of Extraordinary X-Men.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Now I'm torn between wanting to see Quentin get owned in every issue and wanting him to live and grow with every issue.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
After reading Cable this week, I'm curious, is Baby Nate's relationship with Hope something that has been touched on before? I would think she'd hate him for y'know, murdering her adopted father, but this is X-Men and there's pretty much no crime that can't be forgiven except being Sabertooth, and everyone seems to be fine with Baby Nate's treatment of Classic Nate except Deadpool

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Cable is a really good book.

But no, we haven't seen him and Hope interact that I remember. Maybe the awful Rosenberg run touched on it, but nothing from that run should ever be remembered.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

OnimaruXLR posted:

After reading Cable this week, I'm curious, is Baby Nate's relationship with Hope something that has been touched on before? I would think she'd hate him for y'know, murdering her adopted father, but this is X-Men and there's pretty much no crime that can't be forgiven except being Sabertooth, and everyone seems to be fine with Baby Nate's treatment of Classic Nate except Deadpool

It's not that they can't forgive Sabertooth, it's that it's politically inconvenient to have him around. He was convicted of a law that didn't exist before he did it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

But no, we haven't seen him and Hope interact that I remember. Maybe the awful Rosenberg run touched on it, but nothing from that run should ever be remembered.

the duration of the Rosenberg run had Cable busy in Ed Brisson's X-Force so it definitely didn't happen there

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'd think that, given how much Hope and Cable bounced around the timestream running from Bishop, she probably gets how it works. Plus, she's seen enough of Cable's poo poo to know that this is probably part of some needlessly convoluted plan to do something or other. She can't really be mad that Baby Nate killed her adopted father when Baby Nate IS her adopted father, just younger.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I live in fear that my younger self will time travel, and kill me for being a disappointment. None of my friends will miss me because younger me has a better sense of humor, and is more relatable.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Open Marriage Night posted:

I live in fear that my younger self will time travel, and kill me for being a disappointment. None of my friends will miss me because younger me has a better sense of humor, and is more relatable.

I pray for that to happen to me every day.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Someone should do a How It Started/How It’s Going with Liefeld Cable and Noto young Cable.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I pray for that to happen to me every day.

honestly same

X-Force continues to be great. Forge being so excited about doing fieldwork, Namor being a badass, Wolverine actually getting scared (and then that ending text page), Beast getting chewed out. Good stuff.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

"Education Professional" model Doombot

Open Marriage Night posted:

Someone should do a How It Started/How It’s Going with Liefeld Cable and Noto young Cable.

How It Started
How It's Going

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Codependent Poster posted:

Maybe it was Rosenberg, but I feel like there's been at least one time in some book or another where Hope swore vengeance on him. Regardless, yeah I guess she got over it quick.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Speak posted:

How It Started
How It's Going

Am I the only one who hates the Marvel Girl costume? It makes Jean look like she's 14

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think the Marvel Girl costume is great. Clean and simple. The only costume for Jean I like more is the X-Factor style.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I rather liked the variant they did of this costume during Age of X-Man. More modern looking with no weird mask.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I'm ambivalent towards it generally but I loving love the way Phil Noto draws it, particularly the mask.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I didn't like it at the start of HoxPox, but it's grown on me (I think part of it was the way Hickman wrote Jean Grey seemed off and immature at first, but both his own writing of her and the other writers has been way better since)

I do like the 90s costume with the green and yellow coloring a lot more though, which is also funny because I hated that costume in its original colors.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Jeans best costume was the one from X-men red. And the one with the green jacket Time-displaced Jean was wearing was cool too.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

Jeans best costume was the one from X-men red. And the one with the green jacket Time-displaced Jean was wearing was cool too.

X-Men Red is just the 90's costume with a different color scheme, and if they're doing that I prefer the green and yellow.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

That's my favorite too, but I understand not wanting to use the Phoenix costumes when you aren't using The Phoenix.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

My biggest complaint is that while all of Storm's costumes have been good so far, I really just want her in a leather jacket with a mohawk.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Skwirl posted:

That's my favorite too, but I understand not wanting to use the Phoenix costumes when you aren't using The Phoenix.

just have to give her a new logo

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

This is the best thread

https://twitter.com/KrakoaWelcomes/status/1249364303586754561?s=20

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TwoPair posted:

Maybe it was Rosenberg, but I feel like there's been at least one time in some book or another where Hope swore vengeance on him. Regardless, yeah I guess she got over it quick.

It wasn't Rosenberg. It was in a, I think a one shot or a short in a anthology book or something, where Hope teams up with Jean to recover and destroy the time machine Cable had in his arm from Deadpool.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It wasn't Rosenberg. It was in a, I think a one shot or a short in a anthology book or something, where Hope teams up with Jean to recover and destroy the time machine Cable had in his arm from Deadpool.

Old Jean? there's not a huge window where old Jean was back and the terrible Uncanny run with Rosenberg happened.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I believe it was this one-shot and it was written by Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler, yeah.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

There was preview art for an upcoming issue of X-Men that shows Scott and Jean in their X-Factor costumes, but that could just be a flashback.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Keep mixing up the costume closet I say, for sure. The Marvel Girl outfit is a bit more retro than I dig, give it more belts and some laser etched lines. Call me crazy. Maybe a Gambit style "tube belt" etc.

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Pusha t voice "you are wielding a child"

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014

Gaz-L posted:

Am I the only one who hates the Marvel Girl costume? It makes Jean look like she's 14

I hate it because the costume feels like it symbolizes Jeans "demotion" from being a plot devices/Cosmic bird lady to now just a regular in the Krakoa Krew. And I think that was the point, wanting to separate Jean from all the phoenix bullshit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Now Jean is co-leading the X-Men which is where she should be.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
The idea that she has to leave the Council to do that is a lil' silly though. Storm, Kitty, Emma, Sinister, Mystique, even Magneto...all of them went on missions all the time. Jean herself was on X-Force missions!

I think the idea is supposed to be that the "X-Men" is separate from the Council and doesn't answer to them, but Cyclops is still a Great Captain so that's not super consistent either. And even if it were, it'd still make sense for the Council to have a representative on an extrajudicial team, if only so that the two sides aren't completely in the dark about what the other is doing.

In other words...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
I think it was pretty explicitly stated that "X-Men" was a taboo word and that Jean and Scott's decision to use it was the problem.