Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Oh my.

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1352779665694470144?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Thought I clicked on D&D for a moment.

Seltzer posted:

Get this twitter poo poo out of here lol

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

So Xbox truly is the console of choice for white supremacists then?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

D1E posted:

The Series S and One S, at least.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

D1E posted:

No console is for supremacists

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if youre gonna be the white supremacist console you could at least have some new games for launch

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It can't be the white supremacist console. Some of its most successful games are

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

American History Xbox

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

kecske posted:

American History Xbox

lol

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

kecske posted:

American History Xbox

New thread title

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

kecske posted:

American History Xbox

drunkill posted:

New thread title

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

kecske posted:

American History Xbox

Oh poo poo hahahaha

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Its a crime that the title hasnt changed yet

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

univbee posted:

It can't be the white supremacist console. Some of its most successful games are

kecske posted:

American History Xbox

:mmmsmug:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is the video codec still crushing blacks?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

RCarr posted:

Hey guess what it didn’t matter. There’s not a single person who’s going to not keep playing whatever they were playing because the price rose and dropped back to what it was in the same day.

You’re an idiot

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Seltzer posted:

Get this twitter poo poo out of here lol

This.

kecske posted:

American History Xbox

But also this lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I find the hyrb stomping scene difficult to watch

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Did you just try to spell “hype stomping scene”? Because that’s what this launch is lol

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Blind Rasputin posted:

Did you just try to spell “hype stomping scene”? Because that’s what this launch is lol

idk if you actually don't know so

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Hryb

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Didn't that guy used to be a mod here?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I enjoyed the Kinect on the 360. I did yoga and stuff.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

John F Bennett posted:

I enjoyed the Kinect on the 360. I did yoga and stuff.

I busted it and Kinect Adventures out for my kids last summer and they had a great time

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Anyone else going to be checking out The Medium? I just watched some gameplay and it looks pretty interesting. Getting some Murdered Soul Suspect vibes, mostly in the fact that it's a paranormal game coming out early in the next-gen cycle.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Only because it's free, otherwise I probably wouldn't even know it existed.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

Only because it's free, otherwise I probably wouldn't even know it existed.

I mean its not free but yeah, its why Im playing it

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

BisterdDave posted:

Anyone else going to be checking out The Medium? I just watched some gameplay and it looks pretty interesting. Getting some Murdered Soul Suspect vibes, mostly in the fact that it's a paranormal game coming out early in the next-gen cycle.

Yes, mainly because Akira Yamaoka is involved with the soundtrack. This automatically puts it above The Evil Within as a worst case scenario.

Yacht Club Games' new game, Cyber Shadow, just stealth dropped on Game Pass (for PC, at least!) This service is so much better than PS+, it's insane.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

enojy posted:

Yes, mainly because Akira Yamaoka is involved with the soundtrack. This automatically puts it above The Evil Within as a worst case scenario.

Yacht Club Games' new game, Cyber Shadow, just stealth dropped on Game Pass (for PC, at least!) This service is so much better than PS+, it's insane.

Yacht Club is the publisher, not the developer, fwiw. Good to hear, I was thinking about buying it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

enojy posted:

Ps+ is the xblg analog, not the gamepass analog

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

live gold - ps+
game pass - ps now

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Downloading a game to play locally = good
Streaming a game = bad

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I just did a month of streaming and it was actually pretty great but i live in a major city

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

My experience with xCloud is mostly the same as with OnLive. At first I'm like "wow this is pretty cool tech" then I play the same game on local hardware and am like "yeah streaming still kinda sucks." Things definitely have improved since OnLive though

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Roman posted:

My experience with xCloud is mostly the same as with OnLive. At first I'm like "wow this is pretty cool tech" then I play the same game on local hardware and am like "yeah streaming still kinda sucks." Things definitely have improved since OnLive though

It's a nice thing to have away from home for a few days but yeah there is no reason to do it in your own house.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
So, thanks to some luck I have properly entered the newest generation of consoles. Or will, in a few weeks. Can I just unplug my external from my XBONE and plug it into the X? Is there *any* reason to keep the XBONE around?

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Barudak posted:

Downloading a game to play locally = good
Streaming a game = bad

ps now lets you download games and play them locally as well if you're on a ps4/5 console

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Bad Parenting posted:

ps now lets you download games and play them locally as well if you're on a ps4/5 console

though it should be noted I think this only works for PS4 games, unless they've changed that

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

morallyobjected posted:

though it should be noted I think this only works for PS4 games, unless they've changed that

Yah

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

morallyobjected posted:

Yes, although that's the bulk of the service offerings (the PS3 library has been static for years now I think).

graventy posted:

So, thanks to some luck I have properly entered the newest generation of consoles. Or will, in a few weeks. Can I just unplug my external from my XBONE and plug it into the X? Is there *any* reason to keep the XBONE around?

Yes you can just unplug/replug your external without having to do anything else. If your old machine isn't an Xbox One X there may be some additional patches downloaded for some games for the XB1X boosts (assuming you're getting a Series X).

The Series consoles have no support for Kinect whatsoever but everything else works, so if you don't want a spare console for another TV or some similar arrangement than no you don't need your old one around.

univbee fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bad Parenting posted:

Yeah, that was the best upgrade to PSNow in my opinion since it went from "service Ill never use" to "ok, sure"