Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I assume the original statement was the lilo and Stitch was racist as was said in the post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Jamie Faith posted:

https://twitter.com/sophie__goose/status/1352646835119255557

The "the Lilo and Stitch movie is racist against white people!!!1! " person is back and theyre very mad about cancel culture! :lol:

The who is back?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Jamie Faith posted:

The "the Lilo and Stitch movie is racist against white people!!!1! :qq: " person is back and theyre very mad about cancel culture! :lol:

the text posted:

being publicly denounced by the very people who employed me on a project I poured years of love into … despite me having given it to them absolutely free

:thunk:

For those who want a tl;dr

quote:

arguments about shipping preferences

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Actually gonna add this too

quote:

because the director of the project was willing to turn on someone who animated as many of the money shots as I did, nobody else on that project is safe, either.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Inceltown posted:

For those who want a tl;dr

quote:

arguments about shipping preferences

I want to know more about their Lilo&Stitch opinions, but if there are shipping wars here I can't care less.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's one of those things where someone says "Of course X is bad, obviously, BUT" which is invariably followed by something lovely and you can ignore everything up to the BUT

(in this case it's "bullying")

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

toanoradian posted:

I want to know more about their Lilo&Stitch opinions, but if there are shipping wars here I can't care less.

e: this is apparently only part of the post. i don't know how to steal an image from an instagram so i will just link the rest of the screencaps, i found this via google https://www.instagram.com/p/B-95eAZBoll/?utm_source=ig_embed

InediblePenguin has a new favorite as of 04:05 on Jan 23, 2021

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

We talked about this whole thing in this very thread all the way back in page 27. Click the quote for the link

Splash Attack posted:

i really like how the twitter rant ends with “if you disagree with me well OBVIOUSLY you’re either a psychopathic spoiled brat who ruins lives or an enabler”

edit: oh my god

https://twitter.com/benedict_rs/status/1249014335319482370?s=21

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Claiming her Parler account was an attempt to move Parler away from politics is a low key best part of that mess

Jamie Faith posted:

The "the Lilo and Stitch movie is racist against white people!!!1! :qq: " person is back and theyre very mad about cancel culture! :lol:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/ZeroSuitCamus/status/1305261058685272065?s=20

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Forget it, they're rolling.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I probably wouldn't want to live in George Orwell's Animal House, either. Though it might make a very interesting movie.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

That lead me to https://twitter.com/animalfarmhouse

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Puppy Time posted:

I probably wouldn't want to live in George Orwell's Animal House, either. Though it might make a very interesting movie.

I just had this horrid, horrid thought of a sequel/spin-off from the point of view of the pigs when they begin enjoying the house's luxuries.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
[Cw: squigglydigg]

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Puppy Time posted:

Without John Belushi it just wouldn't work.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/Scot_Blog/status/1352996376519585794?s=20

OP is not the idiot

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
A good way to ruin your career and lose your child. NSFL

https://mobile.twitter.com/nicholasdeorio/status/1352480233987964929

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Ok this ruined my night :( What an rear end in a top hat.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

The comments are... extremely depressing. So many people justifying his incredibly horrid actions.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

toanoradian posted:

The who is back?

I think the person's original argument (though there could be several Disney-obsessed white girls mad about Lilo and Stitch) was that the movie was racist because it depicted a flawed, imperfect, very poor family. I wouldn't say Lilo's older sister is abusive or anything, but they do have some problems (which are reconciled over the course of the film) and they have a few huge meltdowns at each other.

The show is told from the perspective of a native Hawaiian girl, and white people are depicted as kinda disinterested and touristy (which is pretty generous to them, tbh), plus the younger sister gets into a fight with a (white) bully at school. There is no racism against whites (not that that exists, but you get the idea), but someone had a meltdown about this.

At some point in the movie, the younger sister pulls a hurricane alarm as a joke and causes a beach to be evacuated. Someone had a meltdown about this being racist, but I don't know if it's the same person.

I have three older, Disney-obsessed stepsisters. I hear about a lot of Disney fandom drama.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

seiferguy posted:

The comments are... extremely depressing. So many people justifying his incredibly horrid actions.

They were probably raised that way

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

xtal posted:

Boys will be boys.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

xtal posted:

and they turned out fine!!

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

GreenMetalSun posted:

I have three older, Disney-obsessed stepsisters.

Do your magic mice pals only make fancy clothes for you, or can i give them my dress size?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

seiferguy posted:

I couldn't find any of that, thankfully

This might have something to do with it:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

seiferguy posted:

I liked this exchange

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

GreenMetalSun posted:

I think the person's original argument (though there could be several Disney-obsessed white girls mad about Lilo and Stitch) was that the movie was racist because it depicted a flawed, imperfect, very poor family.
no the person's original arguments were 1. lilo is abusing her older sister & 2. movie was inaccurate bc in the 70s (this person thinks the film is set in the 70s fsr btw) there was no problem with native hawaiians facing any racial issues wrt white tourists, in fact it's the native hawaiians who were constantly racist against white people and Disney is perpetuating anti-white racism. yes, virginia, there are racist conservatives in fandoms and they're not all even trying to be woke

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah the original argument said the six year old protagonist was a racist bullying the white girl

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What’s funny is there is a deleted scene in lilo and Stitch that goes much further in making GBS threads on white tourist and the commodification of Hawaiians. The movie held back a bit

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I don't really want to click it. Can anyone give a transcript?

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Samovar posted:

I don't really want to click it. Can anyone give a transcript?

He breaks his controller on the desk, and screams. This upsets his kid, so he shouts at his kid, while trying to pause the game. He puts the kid down on the beanbag to the right, the kid starts to cry so he screams "SHUT THE gently caress UP" in the kids face. Not watching it is honestly the smart play, its unpleasant.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Holy poo poo, I’m glad I didn’t watch it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There was a russian streamer who locked his pregnant girlfriend outside in the winter "as a prank." She died and he continued to stream as he dragged in her corpse and waited around before calling paramedics. Some people do not deserve a webcam.

He's in prison at least. Lesson: don't livestream your murders?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Do we really need child abuse videos itt

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I think "what a horrible parent" might be underselling it.

Dude should lose the kid.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

zakharov posted:

Do we really need child abuse videos itt

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There was a russian streamer who locked his pregnant girlfriend outside in the winter "as a prank." She died and he continued to stream as he dragged in her corpse and waited around before calling paramedics. Some people do not deserve a webcam.

He's in prison at least. Lesson: don't livestream your murders?

If i remember right this was just the end of a long long series of videos of him abusing her but I really don't want to Google up that horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Eh, he posted it under a fake name and that actually might be. If his intention was impersonating someone else for the purpose of making that person a target of cops then that might qualify as harassment of that person.