Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Rob Rockley posted:

Wife wants to hop back into Warframe again for a bit. Got a Rhino/Hek/Atomos combo with OK mods, but she started struggling a bit around Uranus and is just up to Second Dream, which is obviously the next priority, but given the difficulty jump I was wondering: is there a good newish beginners guide that can cover what to do around that point in the game to get stronger? Between everything new in the game I’m not sure what the ideal progression and must-have weapons and mods are now in the early game. We both last played around the Venus open world release.

I built a new PC and have a well-modded Excal Umbra so I can carry to a certain extent, but obviously that won’t help in the quest.

Honestly she can get all the frames and weapons she wants she's still gonna struggle. The main thing that makes you overpowered in this game is mods and endo. If she's having a hard time she needs to up her mods. If you want to help her you can trade her endo statues

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Corrupted mods are a big part of that. A fleeting expertise mod that's extra to you is a godsend for new players. Being able to hit that 25% energy cost on like, say, Iron Skin is super useful early.

Endo costs are only prohibitive on gold(or rarer) mods rank 6 and above. Silver are sorta lovely but not that bad.

I think its 10k to max a vitality, twice that for things like serration. Thats a full trade of pineapples.

Basically what I'm saying is a few lovely statues should be enough to max out auras and 5-rank QOL mods (such as key augments) early on.

After that I'd say unranked 60/60 elementals are the big one. early on being able to form combos for 8 drain helps a ton.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Honestly, it was the kuva bramma that stepped me up into the big leagues when I started playing. There is a reason why people want it. Before that I used supra vandal and opticor vandal but there is a cap on how powerful they can be. Frames, it was wukong because his tool set is pretty useful on variety of missions. That twin helps so much. At some point, you gotta put some reactors and catalysis into your gear. I still use wukong for a lot of stuff. The fulmin is another weapon that's a workhorse.

temple fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jan 23, 2021

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
The Arca Plasmor floored me when I saw another player with it. "There's no way that's an easily obtainable weapon," I thought. "That has to be some warframe ability I can't unlock. Motherfucker is throwing Kamehamehas and just wrecking poo poo."

The Arca Plasmor feels so good and looks so cool. Why did DE nerf it so hard?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Screaming Idiot posted:

The Arca Plasmor floored me when I saw another player with it. "There's no way that's an easily obtainable weapon," I thought. "That has to be some warframe ability I can't unlock. Motherfucker is throwing Kamehamehas and just wrecking poo poo."

The Arca Plasmor feels so good and looks so cool. Why did DE nerf it so hard?

DE nerfs everything that is overused

when you could ricochet the Plasmor shots literally everyone was using it (yeah it was awesome *sigh*)

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

its only within the last year or 2 that DE has learned not to correct too hard.

they actually un nerfed it a little. Its riven dispo is/was on the rise. IIRC its from 0.5 to 0.65?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Wukong is probably the best frame to get early. Or as early as possible. Still use him all the time.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
You spelt Nezha wrong. :P

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

temple posted:

Honestly, it was the kuva bramma that stepped me up into the big leagues when I started playing. There is a reason why people want it. Before that I used supra vandal and opticor vandal but there is a cap on how powerful they can be. Frames, it was wukong because his tool set is pretty useful on variety of missions. That twin helps so much. At some point, you gotta put some reactors and catalysis into your gear. I still use wukong for a lot of stuff. The fulmin is another weapon that's a workhorse.

I was a little nooblet when a goon old guard gifted me a boltor prime right as it was first being vaulted. That fucker is still my most used weapon, percentage wise. I know it's been power crept but it still holds aplace in my heart.
edit: i just put primed firestorm on my nightwatch kuva ogris :getin:

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 23, 2021

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Every time I think about interacting with the kuva lich system I look up the wiki page, scroll around until my eyes glaze over, and then resolve to continue not worrying about it. Why do they make things this way?

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Every time I think about interacting with the kuva lich system I look up the wiki page, scroll around until my eyes glaze over, and then resolve to continue not worrying about it. Why do they make things this way?

I HOPE YOU HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ME TENNO

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

BMan posted:

I HOPE YOU HAVEN'T FORGOTTEN ME TENNO

My lich is just a good friend who checks in on me every day to make sure I'm doing all right :)

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Tylana posted:

You spelt Nezha wrong. :P

Nah, Wukong really is the most forgiving frame I can think of.

• Extra DPS with an aimbot and tanking, for a low up front energy cost and no sustain
  • Very very fast mobility skill to keep up if you don't totally get parkour or have trouble, that also heals you significantly and makes you untouchable
  • Three "no actually I didn't die" strikes before you go down
  • Defy and Iron Staff exist I guess

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Fitzy Fitz posted:

In practice it's less intimidating than a wiki page makes it look (stab a larvling with a certain frame when it shows a weapon you want, stab 100s of thralls in basically regular missions, fight invader minibosses a few times), but for a process that can take 2-5 hours depending on how you go about it (and lucky you get) people craft a lot of optimal theory around it. Remember that you can trade or ask for wordmods if you know your words (after stabbing the thralls), that's usually a showstopper if you're just getting started.

I just finished one pretty casually in an afternoon (was my 40th or so) and used a few frames i hadn't touched in a bit, so that was fun. But it's not something i'd do daily.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 23, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
as a relatively new player the last time I considered interacting with the lich was the first time I found myself actually reading the part of the wiki page where it turned out i needed to farm up a bunch of things first to actually have the possibility of taking down the lich

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Requiem relics are pretty ez. Do murmurs to get a few then the trick is to run a long kuva survival and you get most of the requiem mods.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
I've been operating on the assumption that toxic was the best element to force on lich weapons, but I think heat might be better? I forget my reasoning why, it's just something stuck in my Warframe brain.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
heat is a single element armor remover, toxin could combine with electricity? to make corrosion, another armor remover

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Orb Crabmelt posted:

I've been operating on the assumption that toxic was the best element to force on lich weapons, but I think heat might be better? I forget my reasoning why, it's just something stuck in my Warframe brain.

They're both good, but you may want one over the other depending on the weapon and what you're doing with it.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

flatluigi posted:

as a relatively new player the last time I considered interacting with the lich was the first time I found myself actually reading the part of the wiki page where it turned out i needed to farm up a bunch of things first to actually have the possibility of taking down the lich

They're tradable btw. you can just like, bum spares from goons.

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Both are valid. It comes down to how much you want a given status to proc and if you plan to add that mod on or if you want free damage.

Toxin and heat are great. Radiation is the only available combo element worth a drat.

It doesn't SUPER matter, but basically the thought is that viral caps out at 10 stacks and heat stacks indefinitely. Obviously the amount of status you put out with a given gun matters, so like, you might want heat on a kuva kohm or hind, maybe a nukor?

I would pick up a magnetic shildeg if I wasn't so lazy about liches, just for the novelty of having the only melee with innate magnetic.

The flipside is just stacking up damage vs annoying armors and not caring about damage, ie you can always turn a toxic kuva weapon into 'more corossive' for annoying high level grineer missions.

TheParadigm fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 23, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

temple posted:

Requiem relics are pretty ez. Do murmurs to get a few then the trick is to run a long kuva survival and you get most of the requiem mods.

i haven't actually bothered to do it, i just kind of was amused that it took me four or five visits of that page to actually grasp that somewhere in that mess of description of mechanics was an entire preliminary layer that i had been missing the whole time

TheParadigm posted:

They're tradable btw. you can just like, bum spares from goons.

yeah, I also figured that was the case but I also haven't bothered to go ask

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

hazardousmouse posted:

heat is a single element armor remover, toxin could combine with electricity? to make corrosion, another armor remover

this is technically accurate but not (usually) why you'd want toxic, under the current damage system

toxic combines with cold to make viral which is the biggest raw damage boost out of any of the damage types. heat is also fine because it lets you build viral with normal mods and then also get heat as a bonus, which is good on guns that fire quickly enough and have a high enough status chance that they'll trivially reach the cap on viral stacks.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Pure toxin also completely bypasses shields, so is handy for corpus, especially on enhanced shield sorties.

Any recommended builds / loadouts for steel path zealoid? Nezha is the only frame I've found that can survive while doing more than gentle kiting, and this already looks like it's gonna be tedious af to solo.

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Pipski posted:

Pure toxin also completely bypasses shields, so is handy for corpus, especially on enhanced shield sorties.

Any recommended builds / loadouts for steel path zealoid? Nezha is the only frame I've found that can survive while doing more than gentle kiting, and this already looks like it's gonna be tedious af to solo.

From what I remember he's weak to gas (???!)

Its an incredibly lovely boss overall. There's a trick to it, which I forget off hand, maybe hit the googles. (i think it had something to do with revenant or nyx and mind control to skip invul phases?)

I think you want an invulnerabiltiy frame like valkyrn to just wail on him constantly.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Skipping the invulnerability phases would make it much quicker, for sure. I'll have a hunt on YouTube for some one weird tricks, ta.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Pipski posted:

Nezha's a alright choice, but yeah he's a bit annoying. Build Nezha with some extra power strength, toss your chakram at him for the damage vuln (which benefits from the power str), and make sure your melee is using gas instead of viral (iirc he's immune to the procs).

I think I used Revenant. Couldn't reave him, but I was also unkillable. It took a while.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jan 24, 2021

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I did SP emissary solo with nezha (for the halo damage doubler previously mentioned). It took a little bit, but the trickiest part was dodging his triple slash combo which would eat through a 60k+ halo with the first and instakill with the last hits if you got caught. Probably the closest this game has ever felt to an actual bossfight. Revs cheat-armor works better if you're worried about running out of revives.

If you can, bring a max slowva friend - he starts doing a TON of annoying far range teleports towards the end and slowing him down between those cuts the time of chasing him around dramatically (as long as you don't slow him during his invuln phases).

For context i think it was like 14 minutes solo and around 8-9 (mission total runtime) with a casual goon squad.

e: I think there was a charm/thrall skip for the first intro encounter? not sure if that works in the main fight tho.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jan 24, 2021

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Okay, Revenant plus a gas Redeemer Prime got the job done in 22 mins. Cheers for the tips! :-)

e; gd it, this SP Derelict trophy is massive compared to the others. can't fit it in my little orrery I've got going.

Pipski fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 24, 2021

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Pipski posted:

Okay, Revenant plus a gas Redeemer Prime got the job done in 22 mins. Cheers for the tips! :-)

e; gd it, this SP Derelict trophy is massive compared to the others. can't fit it in my little orrery I've got going.

Congrats. I tried to rush Derelict to get the trophy before it was announced Deimos would give it too. Deeply underprepared and got a group that was, too. Over an hour long.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Should I be holding off on doing anything with the PoE? Im MR 4.

I want to wait for my Rhino to be done building before moving through the rest of the star chart so I can rank it up and figured grinding for Gara would be a good thing to do in the meantime. I see some people saying its more of an endgame thing tho?

Whats the easiest/earliest second frame to obtain?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Technically the dojo frames - Zephyr, Wukong and Banshee - which require only a dojo key and 60k credits a pop for the full blueprints, materials aside.

Other quick to get to frames would be Frost, Mag, Hydroid (I love Hydroid but it is undeserved do not strive for him) and arguably Titania depending on your tolerance for some hot hot bullshit.

As for the PoE question, you can do the low level bounties without too much trouble but the meat of its content is gonna be a pain at your MR and probably mod status, yeah. That's really a you call, if you enjoy doing it now, go for it.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

You should check your dojo, if you are in GOON, everything is there. Many good frames are in the tenno lab. I and many here recommend Wukong.

You should do Venus's quest (Vox Solaris) prior to PoE. It gives a vehicle to navigate landscapes like PoE. IMO Fortuna has superior rewards in general than PoE. Vigilante mods from PoE are the only standout rewards.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

AccountSupervisor posted:

I want to wait for my Rhino to be done building before moving through the rest of the star chart so I can rank it up and figured grinding for Gara would be a good thing to do in the meantime. I see some people saying its more of an endgame thing tho?

I would recommend against focusing a lot of resources on Gara at mr4. She'll get the job done but she won't shine until you've got tons of extra gear, weapons and mods. Rhino does well with very little, and wukong also. I find Wukong to be the best because he seems to do everything in this game, plus the clone and cloudwalk makes it so you can speed run nearly every mission. Ask around too because sometimes people give away wk primes

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

figured grinding for Gara would be a good thing to do in the meantime.
You can probably ride shotgun for bounties to get garas parts after a while, but to actually build her you need some materials that require higher ranks, so i'd advice putting everything else on hold while getting fixated on doing a single thing (also just in general). Some of those materials are trade/giftable, but it still took me a long time to finally build her (as in, months of doing other stuff), and like others have mentioned, while powerful if fully decked out, she's not the best beginner frame.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jan 24, 2021

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I loving hate protea, that loving fight is terrible(if you are like me and really bad with the glaive)

Orv
May 4, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

I loving hate protea, that loving fight is terrible(if you are like me and really bad with the glaive)

My solve for that was Octavia, no glaive necessary for any of the tiers. There's a bunch of other viable options as well. Some strength, I think about 140 or 170 range because too much sort of breaks how the ghosts work/attack and maximum duration.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

They aren't the 'easiest' but, Loki's invisibility help you cheese overcome a number of challenges. And a loot frame (nekros or khora, maybe atlas) is always helpful as your 3rd or 4th warframe.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Guilty posted:

I would recommend against focusing a lot of resources on Gara at mr4. She'll get the job done but she won't shine until you've got tons of energy. Rhino does well with very little energy, and wukong also.

BMan fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 24, 2021

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Orv posted:

My solve for that was Octavia, no glaive necessary for any of the tiers. There's a bunch of other viable options as well. Some strength, I think about 140 or 170 range because too much sort of breaks how the ghosts work/attack and maximum duration.

wait, how did you break her temporal shift thing without Xoris? I could break her health pretty easily with my kohmak, but her invulnerable period seems so short and I can't hit her with Xoris during it because I am bad :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

Regrinding Protea for the helmith is when I learned how to throw and explode glaives properly.