Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortoiseburger
Mar 27, 2007

The Finest of the Tortoise

Victory Position posted:

wait, why are the Three Wise Men (as bears) there

That's The New Radicals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it doesn't matter. no one is going to question the invasion of venezuela, much less do anything to prevent or end it. making up any random bullshit is good enough.

Yeah, WaPo just needs to claim something and all the same people will declare that you need to believe them unless you have hard proof that they're not telling the truth.

This is why I don't argue with people like that. Their base assumptions about the world are so distorted that they can't really be reasoned with.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

did the $2000 survival checks get passed yet

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Atrocious Joe posted:

Hah you think the biden admins gonna help people.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Kenzo is a Chicago teacher and there's a strike vote happening in his union right now. Why does he still have brain worms about BJG and force the vote.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Atrocious Joe posted:

Uh actually Biden never promised us checks because words have no inherent meaning, he was just making noises with his mouth that you misperceived as a promise. Learn some basic linguistics :rolleyes:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Atrocious Joe posted:

you mean the $1400 that’s now likely to never come?

mystes
May 31, 2006

It's going to be a photocopy of a $20.00 bill.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
dear joe

https://twitter.com/FinancialTimes/status/1352254676943704067?s=20

mystes
May 31, 2006

Using his first name?! How rude!

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

That's PRESIDENT Biden

He didn't sit in his basement while the party stole the election for him to have people call him Joe

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Biden is gonna pass those 2000 dollar checks any day now. As soon as the Senate gets moving they'll vote on it and approve the 1400 dollar checks. I mean, Pelosi even still has a clear House majority so passing the 1000 dollar checks should be easy. And before you know it the 600 dollar checks will be deposited into your account. Aren't you glad you voted Democrat so they can give you 200 dollar checks?

RobotCoupeDetat
Nov 3, 2020
buden where the gently caress is my FUCKEN MONEY

THS
Sep 15, 2017

watching anyone think that the inauguration surrounded by thousands of national guard during a pandemic, to replace president game show host, was anything other than a stunning show of weakness - is gaslighting to me. unity my rear end. this country is hosed

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

what the gently caress, no. they should be disenfranchised

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

FFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKK YYOOOOOUUUUUU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

RobotCoupeDetat posted:

buden where the gently caress is my FUCKEN MONEY

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

Kenzo is a Chicago teacher and there's a strike vote happening in his union right now. Why does he still have brain worms about BJG and force the vote.

I think there's a subset of people who have done actual work towards political goals which causes them to circle the wagons with other "left thought/organizational leaders." Because they have a lot invested in their concept of the left and their position in it, they reflexively push back against "dissent within the ranks." I think there's also a sunk cost of sorts where they don't want to accept that the current path might not be leading anywhere.

The kind of ironic thing is that their attitude is essentially analogous to that of mainstream Democratic/liberal organizations and public figures - in both cases the people in question feel like those who disagree with them are just dumb outsiders who don't understand How Things Work and believe that the work they've done means that their opinions should be given precedence over those of others. It's like that one poster who worked for Ralph Northram's campaign - I think people like that refuse to entertain the idea that their work might not have been worthwhile.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

I too, desperately want people to stop talking about Jimmy Dore.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Quetzadilla posted:

tried listening to that recorded livestream and Sam Seder sure seems to suck poo poo but I laughed my rear end off when BJG said "I'm not jimmy dore I'm BJG!" sandwiched in between her asking Seder to account for both TYT and the 'greater Sam Seder universe.'

Didnt ask

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

tremp currently better than biden on financial relief by $600 as of my mailbox yesterday

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

not to praise tremp or anything more of a "lol what a low bar you failed to clear"

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Soooooooo daaaaaaannnnnnkkkkkkk

I wonder how long before dank finally loses its popularity as an adjective for memes. I hope it's soon.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Listen guys, it's only day 4 of Joe's presidency. Do you really expect him to do everything already? Give him time to settle in. I'm just finally getting to breath now that Trump is out of office

pretend I post this every day for the next four years

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Can't tell if people are getting the ironic humor or it's a bit or if they believe america deserved 9/11

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Atrocious Joe posted:

Lol

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Holy poo poo :barf:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Terror Sweat posted:

Can't tell if people are getting the ironic humor or it's a bit or if they believe america deserved 9/11

Bush did 9/11 but we deserved it

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Is this an unironic tweet? Someone accuse them of antisemitism and Jewish erasure

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Andorra posted:

Listen guys, it's only day 4 of Joe's presidency. Do you really expect him to do everything already? Give him time to settle in. I'm just finally getting to breath now that Trump is out of office

pretend I post this every day for the next four years

i mean....... have you seen the other guys???!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Help in unable to understand online

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

lol the new taint av

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Gods_Butthole posted:

Tough poo poo. Anti FTV wanted to focus on him, so expect to keep hearing about him.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Terror Sweat posted:

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Gods_Butthole posted:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gods_Butthole posted:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jimmy’s right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

jimmy dore being the first person to bring up these contradictions should not really be part of the conversation anymore. i think jimmy dore is a Jimmy Bore, but the people pushing FTV i think clearly won the debate, and trying to circle it back to a discussion on how you feel about jimmy dore is a real indictment on the priorities of people who just treat this stuff as personality-driven twitter drama