Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

2 year old nephew putting a book over his face while being changed: I'm wearing a (covid) mask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Very responsible, I hope you praised him.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

of course :)

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
My five year old daughter told me a joke today.

Why did the apple cross the road?

It wanted to get to the poop.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

My five year old daughter told me a joke today.

Why did the apple cross the road?

It wanted to get to the poop.

My 3yo niece:

:sparkles: Knock knock
:) Who's there?
:sparkles: Poop
:) Poop who?
:sparkles: Poop or no poop, I'm going swimming!

No one knows where this came from.

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

While falling asleep: "I was very brave. I want a helicopter as a present."

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
4 year old son:
Blippi says Raphael is radical but that's Splinter not Raphael!

...I'll be really loving happy when youtube stops shoving POLITICAL ADS in kids videos.
At least he knows his Ninja Turtle lore.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Stairs posted:

...I'll be really loving happy when youtube stops shoving POLITICAL ADS in kids videos.

uBlock Origin works on YouTube.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Today during our walk

"Hey Dad, what if trees had butts? Like people butts"

Then a bit later "I'd go spanking through that forest " while pounding her fist into her palm

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Tiggum posted:

uBlock Origin works on YouTube.

its never too early to teach them about communism sharing!!!!!!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Today during our walk

Then a bit later "I'd go spanking through that forest " while pounding her fist into her palm

Robin Hood and Little John, spanking through the forest...

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
I'm going to have hemherroid surgery in the next few week and was explaining it to my kids.

My daughter's takeaway is that they are going to cut out my butthole and give me a robot butt.

I wish real life was this cool.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

space station 13 thread is thataway

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

kids make everything sound way cooler than it is. o to live in that world again

also good luck w the surgery

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

"Jupiter is my favorite planet. I love its secrets."

"What kind of secrets?"

"The biggest."

I think my son is conspiring with Jupiter.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Jupiter will teach your son The Terrible Secret of Space

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Today I told the kids they could pick their own topic to write about and if they were stuck adn couldn't come up with something they could write about me instead.

Some choice quotes:

"She is very good at typing and she likes explaining things." :3:

"Sometimes she washes the dishes." :kiddo:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Only sometimes? I hope there's someone else who washes the dishes the rest of the time.

But kidding aside, that's adorable. My mother is a kindergarten teacher and here stories are always a joy to hear. For example, she is really goddamn bad at cutting bread, as in off of a loaf, so her Butterbrot usually ends up being like an inch and a half thick. It's a real event in her Kindergarten whenever she makes some and they all stand around staring in amazement at how anyone could possibly eat those! They're practically as large as their heads!

This is and will always be the best thread.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Today during our walk

Just want to say that my girlfrind and I have been saying "I'd go spanking through that forest" at each other for the past couple days. Magnificent piece of the English language.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Cardiovorax posted:

Only sometimes? I hope there's someone else who washes the dishes the rest of the time.

But kidding aside, that's adorable. My mother is a kindergarten teacher and here stories are always a joy to hear. For example, she is really goddamn bad at cutting bread, as in off of a loaf, so her Butterbrot usually ends up being like an inch and a half thick. It's a real event in her Kindergarten whenever she makes some and they all stand around staring in amazement at how anyone could possibly eat those! They're practically as large as their heads!

This is and will always be the best thread.

that's too cute omg

I love working with the age group I work with (6-7) because they're at a point where they're able to share some really solid and thought provoking questions and opinions and have a proper discussion with you for a few minutes, but young enough that you still get the occasional line that sounds like it was generated by a neural network.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

My son is nine, and learning what he likes about girls and how to express his attractions.

"When I see her butt, it gives me butt anxiety."

"Butt anxiety?"

"Yeah, it makes my penis fly away."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:same:, kiddo

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Beachcomber posted:

My 3yo niece:

:sparkles: Knock knock
:) Who's there?
:sparkles: Poop
:) Poop who?
:sparkles: Poop or no poop, I'm going swimming!

No one knows where this came from.

I bet I know! She was excited to go swimming but someone pooped in the pool and they had to clean it.

I took swimming lessons all through elementary school and this happened at least once a month.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I remember my son was watching a nature show segment about Cape buffalo, he must've been 8 or so.

He said, "They have those horns, but if there are lions coming it can use beef vision."

Beef vision?

"Yeah, it shoots steaks out of it's eyes and they slap the lion so hard it goes away."

:3:

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

My 4yo in Target today, eyeing the nitrile gloves
:sparkles:: "I wish they made these in my size so I could touch dead animals!"

left_unattended
Apr 13, 2009

"The person who seeks all their applause from outside has their happiness in another's keeping."
Dale Carnegie
:black101:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

My sister asked her son (2yo) if he wanted to watch a cartoon

:colbert: No, I wanna watch the evening news!
:confused: You sure? What about Shawn the Sheep or something?
:colbert: No, the evening news.

So she put the news on, and he got on the sofa & pulled on a blanket and sat there for the whole thing, occasionally chuckling or asking what "the old man" was saying

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
One of the reporters on the PBS NewsHour (now broadcasting mostly from her home, because the US has bungled the pandemic) has a really cute cat, and apparently children now watch just to see Lisa’s cat :kimchi:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

omg :3:

Danish news is still in studio, so no cats :(

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

On Youtube there is a suprising amount of videos of cats photobombing live news reports and such, like by climbing up a reporter's body to perch on their shoulder. I heartily recommend looking those up sometime, it's very funny and adorable.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Four year old
"My great-grandma has become a skeleton. Skeletons love to dance..."
Delivered suddenly following a lecture about how zombies bite brains, are green, and live in churches.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Oh, I think I get that one. Churches are often next to graveyards and zombies are dead, so by transitive property they would also live in a church.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

Four year old
"My great-grandma has become a skeleton. Skeletons love to dance..."
Delivered suddenly following a lecture about how zombies bite brains, are green, and live in churches.

I just find it so weird that kids are now pretending to be zombies.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

There was also a spirited debate amongst the four year olds about whether vampires æ, and by extension bats, count as ghosts.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

They can't time-travel, so they're not ghosts.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Alhazred posted:

I just find it so weird that kids are now pretending to be zombies.

Growing up zombies were terrifying to me because, you know, all the zombie movies and poo poo that showed them to be really gross and scary. When I thought about zombies I pictured Romero style undead.

Kids growing up now are exposed to zombies through things like minecraft. Still the same basic concept, but a lot less terrifying. They're almost cute!

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Taeke posted:

Kids growing up now are exposed to zombies through things like minecraft.

Plants Vs.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Taeke posted:

Growing up zombies were terrifying to me because, you know, all the zombie movies and poo poo that showed them to be really gross and scary. When I thought about zombies I pictured Romero style undead.

Kids growing up now are exposed to zombies through things like minecraft. Still the same basic concept, but a lot less terrifying. They're almost cute!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Children's television really isn't what it used to be.