Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kalli posted:

When one of your kids is too old to hug, and another one is a dud, has she got the product for you.

It's also, just, like read a book on child psychology, wanting physical distance from your parents is a healthy and normal part of childhood development and if you have a good relationship with your kids, they like hugging you again pretty quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

That's worse than every single joke recipe I've ever posted in the chat thread

lol when she starts flattening the bread by crushing it with her forearms

Skwirl posted:

It's also, just, like read a book on child psychology, wanting physical distance from your parents is a healthy and normal part of childhood development and if you have a good relationship with your kids, they like hugging you again pretty quick.

I have one kid who still openly loves to hug and the older one who says no, then when I say fine you don't have to he does the "Ok fine" and runs over for a hug

Pretty good, yo

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Skwirl posted:

and until then, she's got yarn-son who never talks back or wants to borrow the car.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ends too soon, I wanted to see the stunning awful final product

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm gonna hate a lot of his policy stuff, but it looks like the Biden administration is at least acting very swiftly to purge Trump cronies, so that's good.

https://twitter.com/davidfolkenflik/status/1353059803149398018?s=20

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Qwijib0 posted:

Ends too soon, I wanted to see the stunning awful final product
https://twitter.com/runchrvnda/status/1352756780741308416?s=09

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Should I know who they are?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Skwirl posted:

Should I know who they are?

one of them is jay cutler but then I'm lost

edit oh I think that is his ex Kristin Cavallari or whatever

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

If you're posting in the TFF Chat thread and have been registered since 2007? Probably, yeah.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Jay Cutler and I think his ex-wife who I guess may not be his ex anymore based on the tweet?

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It’s Jay Cutler and I’m not sure if that’s his wife or not. I thought they were getting divorced.

Beaten a lot.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I got two double yolkers when I made eggs this morning.

Good start to the day.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

If you're posting in the TFF Chat thread and have been registered since 2007? Probably, yeah.

I registered because of the LP forum, didn't get into football until after people said Cutler sucked.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Skwirl posted:

I registered because of the LP forum, didn't get into football until after people said Cutler sucked.

Cutler always sucked.

He rules

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Skwirl posted:

People have always said Cutler sucked.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

He never played for a division rival or someone we faced in the playoffs, so I knew who he was but never cared enough that I could pick him out of a police line-up.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'll always remember that game against the Pats when he was a dolphin and just carved the patriots up on Monday night. I was home sick with the flu and expected the Pats to just poo poo house them and Cutler suddenly looked like an all pro that game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

BlindSite posted:

I got two double yolkers when I made eggs this morning.

Good start to the day.

Guess the yolks on you! :haw:

Jay Cutler is Bears Good, which is not the same thing as Regular Good.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

a neat cape posted:

Cutler always sucked.

He rules

That one season in Chicago where he had like the worst offensive line imaginable, but still hucked a million jump balls to Alshon and BMarsh was so dreamy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/amconmag/status/1353070957728944132?s=20

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Goddamn it, I'm back in the hospital. Four days of GI issues and then yesterday I noticed I was getting ghastly pale. Cue overnight abdominal pain in the extreme and I finally called the nurse line, who told me to go to the ED.

Now I'm getting a blood transfusion because my hemoglobin count was 5.2. :suicide:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Timby posted:

Goddamn it, I'm back in the hospital. Four days of GI issues and then yesterday I noticed I was getting ghastly pale. Cue overnight abdominal pain in the extreme and I finally called the nurse line, who told me to go to the ED.

Now I'm getting a blood transfusion because my hemoglobin count was 5.2. :suicide:

That's extremely low, good luck man.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Sorry for the poo poo quality

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

If that was a more recent post I'd say it's to blame for the recent bubble.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Oh word, let's lionize the guy who kept one of the most brutal African colonial regimes going well into the 1970s, a decade after anybody else.

Hey, what else did he get up to in Africa?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant%C3%B3nio_de_Oliveira_Salazar#Aid_to_Rhodesia

"Salazar was a close friend of Rhodesian Prime Minister Ian Smith. After Rhodesia proclaimed its Unilateral Declaration of Independence from Britain in 1965, Portugal supported it economically and militarily through neighbouring Portuguese Mozambique until 1975, even though it never officially recognised the new Rhodesian state, which was governed by a white minority elite. In 1975, the Mozambican Liberation Front took over the rule of Mozambique following negotiations with the new Portuguese regime installed by the Carnation Revolution. Ian Smith later wrote in his biography The Great Betrayal that had Salazar lasted longer than he did, the Rhodesian government would have survived to the present day, ruled by a black majority government under the name of Zimbabwe Rhodesia."

What a cool guy!

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Skwirl posted:

If that was a more recent post I'd say it's to blame for the recent bubble.

Finding these images is like finding internet lore

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well just found out a retired coworker just died from Covid-19. He was a pipe fitter foreman and was probably retired less than two years. This is actually the first person I actually knew to die.

I just hope this gets some more people at my job to take this more seriously. A lot of people are really bad about wearing their masks and tend to downplay the disease a lot.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Bird in a Blender posted:

Well just found out a retired coworker just died from Covid-19. He was a pipe fitter foreman and was probably retired less than two years. This is actually the first person I actually knew to die.

I just hope this gets some more people at my job to take this more seriously. A lot of people are really bad about wearing their masks and tend to downplay the disease a lot.

Actually, you will find that he was old and had many comorbidities and the alphas you with with would never have such an outcome.

*looks on smugly as I poo poo my pants*

E: Sorry, in all sincerity sorry for your loss. If there's anything I've learned over the last year though is that people aren't going to learn anything if it's someone else. Maybe, maybe they'll learn if it's them, but guaranteed you'll hear the above unironically at least once and it's infuriating.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jan 24, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Timby posted:

goddammit dude im sorry

how you holding up?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FizFashizzle posted:

goddammit dude im sorry

how you holding up?

Eh. Surviving. They're stingy with the pain meds right now and I'm strict NPO, so I'm not in the best of moods.

It's also just lonely. Madison's hospitals actually take COVID seriously, which is a good thing, but it means absolutely no visitors except for minors, people considered not competent to make healthcare decisions, and people in end-of-life situations.

At least I have a nice view of the Wisconsin State Capitol from my room. That's one perk of being at Meriter Hospital instead of the University hospital, where the views are of ... brick walls. Although the UW doctors are nicer.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Timby posted:

Eh. Surviving. They're stingy with the pain meds right now and I'm strict NPO, so I'm not in the best of moods.

It's also just lonely. Madison's hospitals actually take COVID seriously, which is a good thing, but it means absolutely no visitors except for minors, people considered not competent to make healthcare decisions, and people in end-of-life situations.

At least I have a nice view of the Wisconsin State Capitol from my room. That's one perk of being at Meriter Hospital instead of the University hospital, where the views are of ... brick walls. Although the UW doctors are nicer.

well man, the chat thread's here. let us know if you want pictures of bbq or divorce chat

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Or weight lifting and star war

In cooking chat:

Im being a lazy oval office and making fries in my oven im gonna smother them in instant gravy and shredded cheese from a bag.

Youre free to judge me.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BlindSite posted:

Or weight lifting and star war

In cooking chat:

Im being a lazy oval office and making fries in my oven im gonna smother them in instant gravy and shredded cheese from a bag.

Youre free to judge me.

gently caress yeah we call them disco fries around here, usually the cheese is mozzarella

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Alaois posted:

gently caress yeah we call them disco fries around here, usually the cheese is mozzarella

Theyre called that in this house from this day forward too.

I have some blend of mozzarella and cheddar and parmesean.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Timby posted:

Meriter's cafe is excellent too, when you're able to take advantage of it 😕

If there's anything ya need, feel free to drop a PM.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/deapoirierbooks/status/1352753463755747331?s=20

I love the teapot that's on the part I would say was the normal staircase part.

Edit, it's not a teapot, it's like a porcelain robot or something, the white thing directly above the plant.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Skwirl posted:

Edit, it's not a teapot, it's like a porcelain robot or something, the white thing directly above the plant.

The vertical space between each step is ridiculous

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Skwirl posted:

As a man who likes an alcoholic beverage or 10 this seems ill advised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

BlindSite posted:

As a man who likes an alcoholic beverage or 10 this seems ill advised.

I would die the first time I didn't have to get up for work in the morning.

I have a friend who lived in an illegal squat that burned down and they would be horrified by the safety standards.