Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I think the fact that they are going to be 40 and in varying stages of sobriety will be hilarious
40? Johnny Knoxville is turning 50 in March. A couple of them are already in their 50s. Bam Margera is the youngest core member and he's 41.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I can understand why people think the Jackass crew are younger than they are but yeah, Knoxville was either 30 or 29 when they started the show.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

I can understand why people think the Jackass crew are younger than they are but yeah, Knoxville was either 30 or 29 when they started the show.

He was also already a professional stunt man at that point. I think there will be new, younger guys in the movie as well. I wouldn't be shocked if Darby was in it, honestly.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
https://twitter.com/trentylocks/status/1353106852247183363

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ChrisBTY posted:

Wrestling really is The Hurt(ing Yourself) Business. I mean no joke that is the core of the job. And is cutting your forehead any more hosed than say, the table bump Darby took against Cage?

Physically? No. But "throwing yourself through a table" is a much easier thing for a normal person to wrap their head around than taking a blade & slashing your own forehead. Fairly or not, blading is far more shocking than just about anything else in wrestling that isn't sex scandal related to people who don't pay attention. Yes, blading is way safer than bleeding hard-way, but my mum for example just assumed they were using some sort of theatrical blood because the alternative is close to impossible to comprehend.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 23, 2021

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I think I could go through a table with less hesitation than I could cut my own forehead open.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I think I could go through a table with less hesitation than I could cut my own forehead open.

Darby Allin just said "Why not both?" out loud and isn't sure why.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Doesn’t Ric Flair bleed a lot? How does his forehead not look scarred up)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Didn't he spontaneously start bleeding mid-promo on occasion when in TNA?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

TV Zombie posted:

I thought Flair cut like right at his hairline so that the blood would seep into his hair? But then again he probably had the money to pay for cosmetic surgery.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lumbermouth posted:

I thought Flair cut like right at his hairline so that the blood would seep into his hair? But then again he probably had the money to pay for cosmetic surgery.

He probably got the same forehead graft surgery that Terry Funk did. His forehead absolutely looked like poo poo for a while there.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

Didn't he spontaneously start bleeding mid-promo on occasion when in TNA?

Not sure if it happened more than once put there definitely was a point in early 2010 where he got cut badly in a hardcore tag match with AJ against Abyss and Hogan, and during the taping the next day he cut one of his usual insane promos and his forehead started bleeding just from his screaming and rising blood pressure.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

I remember one particular promo during his time in the WWE, i think when he was cutting a promo and elbow dropped mick foleys book, where he punched himself repeatedly in the head and start bleeding hard.

EDIT: Ooh no, actually during a promo on Triple H. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9u0X19zzPc

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/TWrestlingGirls/status/1353137626119892994

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

What godforsaken warehouse are they--ah, probably a crossfit "gym"

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

smikey posted:

What godforsaken warehouse are they--ah, probably a crossfit "gym"

Looks like that's Seth's NXT title belt there.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Pssh who’d that baby ever beat?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

oldpainless posted:

Pssh who’d that baby ever beat?

Probably about 4 million other possible babies in an embryo battle royal.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

Probably about 4 million other possible babies in an embryo battle royal.

Knowing Seth the egg probably had to swim to the sperm

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How does Seth feel about being the 3rd coolest member of his own family

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Benne posted:

How does Seth feel about being the 3rd coolest member of his own family

I don't know I'm getting big Cody Hall vibes from that kid.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I saw this, laughed, retweeted it, laughed. Showed someone, laughed, then thought about it again a few minutes later and laughed again.

https://twitter.com/orinanne/status/1353219860365500416

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

I saw this, laughed, retweeted it, laughed. Showed someone, laughed, then thought about it again a few minutes later and laughed again.

https://twitter.com/orinanne/status/1353219860365500416

In turn, I laughed

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

this is how i found out larry king died

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Tweak posted:

this is how i found out Chris Benoit died

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1352841155604598784?s=21

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Has anyone said @MagaTJP yet

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
maybe it was meant to be a sarcastic golf clap? just kidding TJP is a moron lol

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

he compared working for WWE to slavery when he was giving a big long speech after his main event at a DEFY show and I heckled him relentlessly from the balcony the entire time. gently caress that guy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the escape goat posted:

he compared working for WWE to slavery when he was giving a big long speech after his main event at a DEFY show and I heckled him relentlessly from the balcony the entire time. gently caress that guy.

freed from an oppressed dictator

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

History Comes Inside! posted:

Has anyone said @MagaTJP yet

The Filipino wrestlers who’ve worked with him do.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/mocchy_117/status/1353308535258419200?s=20

Masaaki Mochizuki talking about how he was looking for a photo from his debut match, & here it is, from 1994 against "Pete Tazello" as he was known at the time. (Taz is actually only a couple years older than Mochi despite Mochi still being one of the best wrestlers out there at 51)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

TV Zombie posted:

He said in his book the secret was a ton of Neosphorin but that just prevents infections as far as I'm aware and something every wrestler should be doing anyway after they cut.

forkboy84 posted:

Physically? No. But "throwing yourself through a table" is a much easier thing for a normal person to wrap their head around than taking a blade & slashing your own forehead. Fairly or not, blading is far more shocking than just about anything else in wrestling that isn't sex scandal related to people who don't pay attention. Yes, blading is way safer than bleeding hard-way, but my mum for example just assumed they were using some sort of theatrical blood because the alternative is close to impossible to comprehend.

Oh of course; blood creates such a raw visceral response in people. It's a magnificent storytelling device really.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
They just uploaded the first bunch of episodes of Wrestling Challenge on the Network, and Kamala was managed by Curtis Iaukea as the Wizard at the time-that was one gross forehead as well.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I believe Flair and Triple H also blade on the scalp rather than the forehead so the hair hides the scars.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Lotta forehead chat without Tarzan Goto, IMO

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

https://twitter.com/mocchy_117/status/1353308535258419200?s=20

Masaaki Mochizuki talking about how he was looking for a photo from his debut match, & here it is, from 1994 against "Pete Tazello" as he was known at the time. (Taz is actually only a couple years older than Mochi despite Mochi still being one of the best wrestlers out there at 51)

https://twitter.com/Izzacwrestles/status/1261695216018313216

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Deathlove posted:

Lotta forehead chat without Tarzan Goto, IMO

Missing out on Bruiser Brody and Carlos Colon too

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

no kintaro kanemura? for shame

:nms::nms:

Adbot