Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The early parts of Iruma are definitely the weakest. It takes a while to introduce the entire core cast and it doesn't really hit its stride until they're all there because they're all great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Nitrousoxide posted:

I mean, if it follows the light novels then it’s going to have an awkward pacing event as well when we suddenly stop following the humans for three or four books and you forget everything that’s happened in the human story line.

Yeesh, it sounds like they'll have to run the whole thing through an editing pass with a Cuisinart to try to keep it all together coherently. It kinda sucks, since I like the protagonist so far and there's a definite plot worth following here, but making sense of it all seems a herculean task.

I have to ask: Is there a point in this series (manga or novels) where the protagonist finally gets in touch with her classmates? I know the manga has her discover one reincarnated as a baby vampire, but that's as far as I've gotten.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Iruma is some of the funniest poo poo I've seen, and it also has one of [cast member] Ono Daisuke's best performances.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Skateboarding DIO loving rules. Also Shadow is best boy. Sk8 is good.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ufarn posted:

Iruma is some of the funniest poo poo I've seen, and it also has one of [cast member] Ono Daisuke's best performances.
The barely restrained rage/anger/frustration of the character said VA voices is a sweet, sweet nectar from which I drink to engage in some truly magnificent chortles.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Doodles posted:

Yeesh, it sounds like they'll have to run the whole thing through an editing pass with a Cuisinart to try to keep it all together coherently. It kinda sucks, since I like the protagonist so far and there's a definite plot worth following here, but making sense of it all seems a herculean task.

I have to ask: Is there a point in this series (manga or novels) where the protagonist finally gets in touch with her classmates? I know the manga has her discover one reincarnated as a baby vampire, but that's as far as I've gotten.

Yes though the story has layers of misdirection to it too, so nothing is quite what it seems.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Furnaceface posted:

Wait what? I missed this announcement apparently. Im constantly bouncing between Iruma and Mob as the best anime Ive watched since I started posting here and a second season of that might just seal the deal if its even half as adorable and wholesome.

Behold. Same staff again, too.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

Behold. Same staff again, too.

This is such good news when combined with S2 if Princess Connect. The only way I could possibly get any more excited is with an announcement of more Konosuba or Mob.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the other series by the konosuba author has an anime next season, for whatever thats worth

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Doodles posted:

The classmate "arc" basically ends with them meeting her on a number of occasions... before you know that the character they're meeting is the spider girl. The spider girl perspective catches up but it takes god drat forever.

Given the pace of the anime and it's full double cour length, the anime will probably end right when it becomes clear that they're the same character, which is like volume 7.

Spoder plot is pretty twisty.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 24, 2021

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is that Ex Arm again? Amazing.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

When are they doing s3 of mob...plz...I need it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

this looks like a loving adult swim cartoon

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The best part of Ex-arm is definitely the characters that don't appear long enough to have 3D models

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

When are they doing s3 of mob...plz...I need it

I'm not sure if there's enough content left for a season 3. I know some of the chapters are long but there's not many of them left. Maybe there's enough to just do 10 episodes.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 24, 2021

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
A couple OVAs to cover the remaining arcs would be a fair compromise to me

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's just not going to be much point doing it unless the majority of the staff can come back together, so i'm sure that's a limiting factor

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Iruma's getting an S2 (and maybe an S3) so quickly because there's a bunch of stuff already available to adapt, not to mention official spin-off stuff they might include in to pad things out as necessary. Without enough material, there's no adaptation.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sindai posted:

The best part of Ex-arm is definitely the characters that don't appear long enough to have 3D models

Say what you will about Scard, at least they know how to compose a shot with a blend of 2D and 3D properly.

Also that guy looks like a character out of Tom Goes To The Mayor.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do hope that Reki keeps upgrading and modifying Langa's deck throughout Sk8. I want to see him end up riding some utterly insane bastardisation of a skateboard by the end of the series.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

SK8 is real loving good and the cast is such a lovable bunch of dopes. Its kind of fun to see such a huge age range in the cast too, especially for something like skateboarding which is typically associated with high school and teenagers.

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug
Either it's just me or somehow Non Non Biyori has devolved into a skit show instead of capturing Daily Life of growing up in fictional-perfect rural Small-Town Japan with admittedly a bunch of adorable doofuses. Either way its still good but no longer excellent

Edit: I am saddend :catbert:

Cantide fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jan 25, 2021

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's been identical in formula to the first two seasons thus far so i dunno what you mean. it was always a comedy skit show

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug

Tales of Woe posted:

it's been identical in formula to the first two seasons thus far so i dunno what you mean. it was always a comedy skit show

Well as I said, it may also just be entirely me but I have the impression that is seems to be jumping around more between scenes and is not as "slow" / coherent(?)

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1353362176875012097

I've read a few chapters of Jigokuraku a while ago and it was pretty but the plot didn't seem like anything special and I wasn't in the mood for gory action so I put it on hold. Has anybody here read it?

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Shows I've watched so far, in approximate order of how much I'm enjoying them:

Non Non Biyori S3 + Yuru Camp S2: Exactly what I expected, both still excellent.

Wonder Egg Priority: First two episodes were great. Not the easiest watch, but great direction and very pretty.

Horimiya: Not exactly groundbreaking, but consistently entertaining romantic comedy, good number of funny faces.

Attack on Titan: The ambitious setup for the final season has got me hooked, plus the OP and the ED are both great.

Re:Zero: All of the setup of the previous half of the season is finally starting to pay off, we'll see if it was worth it.

Urasekai Picnic: Strong start but has felt a bit aimless since then, the two main characters are good though.

Beastars: New OP is a bop, and it looks like they're finally addressing the dead alpaca thing from season 1.

Promised Neverland: The constant tension that made season 1 great is gone, not much left in its place.

Jujutsu Kiasen: OH BOY A TOURNAMENT ARC

------ "probably going to drop" cut-off point ------

Cells at Work: Didn't love season 1, not loving season 2, inoffensive enough that I can't hate it either.

Kemono Jihen: Probably just not for me, plus Jujutsu Kiasen is already filling more or less the same niche.

Gekidol: Might have to keep watching this until they finally acknowledge the giant Ikebukuro-shaped hole.

Cells at Work Black: Turns out that CaW without the wholesomeness is mostly just a miserable experience.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

cave emperor posted:

Gekidol: Might have to keep watching this until they finally acknowledge the giant Ikebukuro-shaped hole.

Also how they just have an android and no one seems to care :shrug:

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

cave emperor posted:

Urasekai Picnic: Strong start but has felt a bit aimless since then, the two main characters are good though.

The third episode was anime-original filler and I'm not sure why since there's easily enough source material to last them the whole season. It was a real step down in quality.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

macabresca posted:

https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1353362176875012097

I've read a few chapters of Jigokuraku a while ago and it was pretty but the plot didn't seem like anything special and I wasn't in the mood for gory action so I put it on hold. Has anybody here read it?

it's basically that, nice looking manga with enjoyable characters after it gets going

they'll need to really make animating the monsters a priority, but i figure that stuff is likely to end up as cg :rip:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I like Jigokuraku. I think it's at its strongest early on when it's kind of a horror series about a bunch of hapless wuxia protagonists stumbling into a xianxia villain's lair.

Later it turns into more of a regular fighting manga so it really depends on how pretty the anime is.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i liked the early stuff with the Tensen, it's really just the big final battle that has dulled my interest so i've dropped it about halfway through that

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/tkmiz/status/1353800342731853830

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, that's basically just the entire show in one picture.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm kind of shocked to realize that this is the first time I've seen Tsukumizu draw Otherside Picnic

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

You can totally see the Girls Last Tour world being a world Sorawao and Toriko run across at some point

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

cave emperor posted:

Cells at Work Black: Turns out that CaW without the wholesomeness is mostly just a miserable experience.

Black has been some of the funnest poo poo I watched this season

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Futaba Anzu posted:

Black has been some of the funnest poo poo I watched this season

The erection 2-parter had me rolling.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Yeesh, all that character is missing is a set of lips projected on the face and it's "Metal Clutch Cargo Solid"

Meanwhile, it looks like "Last Dungeon" has finally settled into its groove, which looks like a harem anime around a young doofus. Fantasy Tenchi Muyo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Good, it can go head to head with actual Tenchi Muyo as it finishes coming out this year to see which series is more Tenchi Muyo.