Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Larry Parrish posted:

Explain to me in your own words why retard would be offensive and smooth brain would not.

I don't really consider either words offensive in the context of a poo poo posting internet forum as long as they are not explicitly aimed at disabled people. Also I'm pretty sure the smooth brain catchphrase started on this forum as a reference to an anime on adult swim and that most people were not trying to make fun of disabled people when they said smoothbrain anymore than when they would use donkey brain. That being said I'm not really here to demand the ability to call people retards, Im probably not going to do so either way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

samantonio posted:

I sleep in the middle of womyn's lib protests so I can awake each morning ashamed of my past properly.

smdh you're supposed to ritually renounce your privilege before and after sleep.

the head of the faithless dog samantonio is to be brought before an LGBT bipoc by dawn. its polite to knock first. remember it is not your place to object to the lived experience of those who receive your oblation. present the offering sincerely and silently withdraw from the scene if you are unable to humbly accept the blows/bullets/long jail sentences with which you are blessed.

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Hodgepodge posted:

smdh you're supposed to ritually renounce your privilege before and after sleep.

the head of the faithless dog samantonio is to be brought before an LGBT bipoc by dawn. its polite to knock first. remember it is not your place to object to the lived experience of those who receive your oblation. present the offering sincerely and silently withdraw from the scene if you are unable to humbly accept the blows/bullets/long jail sentences with which you are blessed.

I feel I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body. Now what?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

samantonio posted:

I feel I'm a lesbian trapped in a man's body. Now what?

weed friend. weed.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Populon posted:

I don't really consider either words offensive in the context of a poo poo posting internet forum as long as they are not explicitly aimed at disabled people. Also I'm pretty sure the smooth brain catchphrase started on this forum as a reference to an anime on adult swim and that most people were not trying to make fun of disabled people when they said smoothbrain anymore than when they would use donkey brain. That being said I'm not really here to demand the ability to call people retards, Im probably not going to do so either way
Does this mean ESL goons are allowed to use retard? The ESL meaning is referencing online use, not mediealderen terminology.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Grevling posted:

It's hard to believe nowadays but "cspam mod" used to mean someone who moderates cspam.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!
if you think about it, if we made a French language cspam you could use the use the word retard and several variants in most posts with a little effort

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
mods go oui oui in their pants

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Showtime's The R Word

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hodgepodge posted:

if you think about it, if we made a French language cspam you could use the use the word retard and several variants in most posts with a little effort

Don’t give Australians ideas.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

Platystemon posted:

Don’t give Australians ideas.

french australia strikes me as somehow as accursed as british australia, against all odds

Flunky
Jan 2, 2014

retarding bread makes it taste better so who's to say if the word is bad or not

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Hodgepodge posted:

A non-English cspam, to deny the hegemon power over our thoughts.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Is retarded bread what you get when you stick your dick in the breadmaker?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

Flunky posted:

pfft look at this retardataire :2014: :rolleyes:

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Flunky posted:

The intent lol

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

je suis un retard

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
when I took french in high school I turned something in late and I got it back with half the points taken off and at the top of the page in all caps and underlined was the word RETARD. I was like 'wtf is this bitch's problem???" and i was going to raise a stink until my friend pointed out that she was saying my homework was late

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

carefully smoothing out the bubbles from my confederate flag bumper sticker. there. i'm not even racist, i just want everyone to think i'm an rear end in a top hat

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

TheSlutPit posted:

je suis un retard

well I'm seeing the post so i guess not anymore you made it, the post has arrived :cheerdoge: :hfive: :parrot:

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
the people who say you cant say a word also say you shouldnt give money to homeless people because theyll spend it on drugs

those people also love to put metal spikes on concrete ledges to "protect their property"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Bubble wrap but it's a confederate flag lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

when I took french in high school I turned something in late and I got it back with half the points taken off and at the top of the page in all caps and underlined was the word RETARD. I was like 'wtf is this bitch's problem???" and i was going to raise a stink until my friend pointed out that she was saying my homework was late

lmfao

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Homeless Friend posted:

Bubble wrap but it's a confederate flag lol

lmao

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

spacemang_spliff posted:

rules

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
is ableism so rooted in settler-colonial capitalist ideas of productivity and thus inextricably linked with whiteness to the point that bipoc get an r-word pass

speng31b
May 8, 2010

spacemang_spliff posted:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacemang_spliff posted:

this happened to me too, but in social studies

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
If you have a space and allow the bad word it will keep out the worst most sanctimonious scolds, it’s like magic. Got to have a strat for the inevitable shitheads it will attract of course but that’s just modding.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

um, sweetie, im sorry but we dont use that word anymore

anyways, our snooping software says that you werent at your computer for the full 8 hours of your shift. says you had multiple times of inactivity well over 20 seconds or more.

this is your final warning, your next warning will be job termination.

also please make sure to only take 30 minute lunches!

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Zurtilik posted:

I guess there's an argument to be made if we ban the r we gotta ban goofy, crazy, nuts, wacko, etc.

To that I say. Eh.

You're all goobers.

I quit saying "gay" to mean bad ages ago, so I'm sure you'll all live.

if we ban the "r" we get e-tards

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

one time a coworker screamed at me that i was a retard in the middle of a meeting for having a certain opinion on video game development and HR didnt do anything

anyways, its true. and he was real mad lol

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I prefer the term cromulent gently caress-waffle. It's much more cutting :)

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

rear end cobra posted:

If you have a space and allow the bad word it will keep out the worst most sanctimonious scolds, it’s like magic. Got to have a strat for the inevitable shitheads it will attract of course but that’s just modding.

what if i want to keep out people who think calling people retard is some sort of great moral stand against someone who isn't even their real dad

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

love to be scolded online by people for saying a word while they rant about bernie sander's giving them domestic violence for speaking about healthcare for all.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
You should only use it if you truly believe in your heart that it will be funny

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

Bideo James posted:

love to be scolded online by people for saying a word while they rant about bernie sander's giving them domestic violence for speaking about healthcare for all.

they mad because bernie has meme privilege

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

"oof yikes you cant say that, it makes you an ableist"

*raises the rent three times as much on disabled peoples, just because*

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Bideo James posted:

If you call your Uber Eats™ Presents Medicare For All doctor the R-Word then he might put a notation on your file to shortchange you when he sends your blood to Peter Thiel for compensatory adjudication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

in the medicare 4 all future liberals envision, they get to deny healthcare rights to ableists.