Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He must have pleased the Youtube gods in some way because his subscriber count has shot up quite a bit since I watched the video earlier (I mean, it went from 1.9k to 3.99k which isn't a ton but when you have so few it does mean something.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

If anyone is keeping track, Ryan Haywood, who got outed as a massive sex-pest and got fired from Rooster Teeth, just got permanently banned from Twitch.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

He could probably have lasted a lot longer if he had kept his head down and just started streaming again. Instead he made a lot of noise about how he's totally better now and ready for his big comeback and got the hammer brought down on himself. Dumbass.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BizarroAzrael posted:

I thought he was doing a "standup" bit at the start, but nope, no mic stand.

I watched an older video of his (the one on Master Chef Jr) and he had a mic stand there so it must have broken sometime.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ariong posted:

He could probably have lasted a lot longer if he had kept his head down and just started streaming again. Instead he made a lot of noise about how he's totally better now and ready for his big comeback and got the hammer brought down on himself. Dumbass.

That's fairly likely, considering that Twitch hadn't even bothered to ban him until now. loving took long enough.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKfdls1fqJE
Video almost nobody has watched but is about my pet peeve from the Now You See Me series, they like to claim that the characters are just stage magicians but they frequently are just straight up wizards.

Leo was formerly the video producer for Game Informer but left to join their patreon funded offshoot MinnMax as well as do his own videos. This is an absolute must watch if you've ever thought about what could have been.

https://youtu.be/_jaWvHVMGik

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

I watched an older video of his (the one on Master Chef Jr) and he had a mic stand there so it must have broken sometime.

His video essay before that was about Heckling videos and he was doing a standup bit for it where he held the mic, so he either never set up again or it was broken the whole time. Leo also used to do a channel called Games Are Dumb And For Kids and you may know him from the famous "Comedy Police" Vine, may it rest in peace.

He also did a video on the Trump SNL episode from 2015 that I did not know existed and wish I still didn't.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Giant Bomb did their Game of the Year 2020 stuff a bit late, because 2020 was bad. But I want to highly, highly recommend folks read Alex Navarro's list, specifically his #1, Spiritfarer, a game about taking the reigns from Charon, ferryman of the dead, and guiding a group of souls to their final resting place. It's a personal and incredibly touching piece about what the game meant for him, and made me go buy it, even if I probably won't be able to play it right at the moment. Strong, strong stuff. Alex is an amazing writer.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Video almost nobody has watched but is about my pet peeve from the Now You See Me series, they like to claim that the characters are just stage magicians but they frequently are just straight up wizards.

I'd like to watch, but it was hit by a copy right strike here in Germany, the Tele München GmbH has it blocked, because apparently the video uses stuff from this German company? Weird.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Video was fun, though I was surprised the extremely bullshit bubbles didn't get mentioned.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Great stuff :five:,

Was Now You See Me 2 a bomb? I never remember anyone talking about it even thought the first one was a modest hit.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MiddleOne posted:

Was Now You See Me 2 a bomb? I never remember anyone talking about it even thought the first one was a modest hit.

Did about as well as the first one apparently.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

MiddleOne posted:

Great stuff :five:,

Now you don't.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

Giant Bomb did their Game of the Year 2020 stuff a bit late, because 2020 was bad. But I want to highly, highly recommend folks read Alex Navarro's list, specifically his #1, Spiritfarer, a game about taking the reigns from Charon, ferryman of the dead, and guiding a group of souls to their final resting place. It's a personal and incredibly touching piece about what the game meant for him, and made me go buy it, even if I probably won't be able to play it right at the moment. Strong, strong stuff. Alex is an amazing writer.

I finished Spiritfarer last year, and while it can get grindy at times and the last section before the end drags on, it is overall an excellent game and it's one of the games like Undertale and Outer Wilds I wish I could forget about so I could play it again for the first time.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

James Rolfe plays his 3 year old's Mario Maker levels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxAp6aFUbiI

He should have done this as AVGN.

I'm thankful for this thread. Last time I tried I watched a Youtube video on my on, the guys first video was using science to debunk a solar powered kickstarter, and his next video was "Watch how I pwn'd these SJW Feminists!" leading me to figure out how to purge my Youtube History so my recommendations didn't turn to poo poo.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llrebUD0pk0

drat dunkey has bad taste

e: he's beaten rdr2 three times

this is not a shock if you've been paying attention to his videos. His bad taste has been actively documented

E: I think he's hilarious but lmao at his taste

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jan 24, 2021

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

GigaPeon posted:

He should have done this as AVGN.

I'm thankful for this thread. Last time I tried I watched a Youtube video on my on, the guys first video was using science to debunk a solar powered kickstarter, and his next video was "Watch how I pwn'd these SJW Feminists!" leading me to figure out how to purge my Youtube History so my recommendations didn't turn to poo poo.

lol was that thunderf00t? I bet it was.

goldenninjawarrior
Jul 21, 2017

Ninja is supreme and you have double-crossed it!
Why did you do that?
Grimey Drawer
Oh good I'm glad it's not just me that had that thunderf00t experience.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think he even predates gamergate with that poo poo. He was one of the “skeptics” who went full-bore after Rebecca Watson for telling people not to corner women in closed elevators and ask them to sleep with you.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

goldenninjawarrior posted:

Oh good I'm glad it's not just me that had that thunderf00t experience.

I think everyone goes through the same thing with him. YT recommends one of his debunking videos and then you start getting his "Feminazi DESTROYED by logic" crap.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I remember one of his videos came up in my recommendations, and luckily I recognised his name from either a previous incarnation of this thread or the Internet Culture Warriors thread in C-Spam, and blocked that poo poo.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

yep, had the same thing happen. was his hyperloop video for me.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

He must be doing the rounds because I got a suggested video from him yesterday and had to add him back onto the Don't Recommend Channel list that never seems to do its job for very long.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

this is not a shock if you've been paying attention to his videos. His bad taste has been actively documented

E: I think he's hilarious but lmao at his taste

He's got great taste :confused:

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

dunkey's been suspect imo ever since he made that GAME CRITICS video. he came out with a part 2, never watched it because his opinions in the first were so incredibly stupid

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

sleepwalkers posted:

dunkey's been suspect imo ever since he made that GAME CRITICS video. he came out with a part 2, never watched it because his opinions in the first were so incredibly stupid

Ah, but you see, all the times you thought "this opinion makes no sense," those are all the times when he was actually joking! That's the genius behind never letting anyone know when you're serious.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Thunderf00t is an odd one, isn't he? I don't think he has all that many fans on the right nowadays as he's long fallen out with most any creator on that side, and lots of people outside that certainly ain't going to watch his poo poo ever again. Not after, y'know, the 20 million videos about how FEMINISM IS BAD and ANITA SARKEESIAN GRRR. Before he went full bore on all that (and yes, this was indeed pre-GamerGate) most would happily cheer him on in his owning of creationists and so forth. Even when he then managed to somehow gently caress up debating a creationist in a live arena (I mean for gently caress's sake, Phil)

I just took a look at his channel and I don't see anything that immediately stands out as politics/anti-feminism stuff in recent times but considering his inability to stay on a topic I wouldn't be shocked if he decided to suddenly start talking about how some FemFreq tweet was bad in a video ostensibly about debunking some pseudoscience kickstarter or whatever.

There are a bunch of creators out there who seem to have made a move away from anti-SJW stuff or even politics in general in recent months, as the genre now limps along miserably with only the biggest and most dedicated names really getting much traction (and really those are people who tied their flags to a particular mast long ago). And it's like whatever really. There's plenty of people who aren't going to watch or care and are still going to think these creators should piss of and...well, gee whiz, that's just a pickle isn't it? Too bad, how sad, never mind, as Windsor Davies might say.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Occasionally I wonder what became of Laci Green and her nazi boyfriend after she went right-wing, but then I realize that I don’t care and don’t want to be reminded of them. Chasing clicks can be dangerous business.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kim Justice posted:

Thunderf00t is an odd one, isn't he? I don't think he has all that many fans on the right nowadays as he's long fallen out with most any creator on that side, and lots of people outside that certainly ain't going to watch his poo poo ever again. Not after, y'know, the 20 million videos about how FEMINISM IS BAD and ANITA SARKEESIAN GRRR. Before he went full bore on all that (and yes, this was indeed pre-GamerGate) most would happily cheer him on in his owning of creationists and so forth. Even when he then managed to somehow gently caress up debating a creationist in a live arena (I mean for gently caress's sake, Phil)

I just took a look at his channel and I don't see anything that immediately stands out as politics/anti-feminism stuff in recent times but considering his inability to stay on a topic I wouldn't be shocked if he decided to suddenly start talking about how some FemFreq tweet was bad in a video ostensibly about debunking some pseudoscience kickstarter or whatever.

There are a bunch of creators out there who seem to have made a move away from anti-SJW stuff or even politics in general in recent months, as the genre now limps along miserably with only the biggest and most dedicated names really getting much traction (and really those are people who tied their flags to a particular mast long ago). And it's like whatever really. There's plenty of people who aren't going to watch or care and are still going to think these creators should piss of and...well, gee whiz, that's just a pickle isn't it? Too bad, how sad, never mind, as Windsor Davies might say.

Anti-SJW/Status Quo Warrior/alt-right courting channels are still fairly big, they've simply borrowed themselves into nerd/pop culture and nested there like a tick instead of out and out explicit political channels. These folks are wave riders, they're on top, then they fade and a new wave of folks crop up to take their place. I imagine in five years time the current crop of folks who I'm going "how do these asswipes even have an audience?" to will in fact no longer have audiences, and I will have to be reminded that they even exist like Thunderf00t and Davis Arooni, while saying the same thing about the wave that supplanted them--who will all be screaming and crying about the same poo poo their forebears did as well, because this poo poo never changes. Only this this time one of them will spring for wearing an actual toilet on their head instead of a plastic thing that merely looks suspiciously like a urinal.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The whole “sjw” category isn’t super coherent any more, but most of the people who made their name complaining about feminism now complain about blm and related dog whistles like “lawlessness” and “riots.”

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The whole “sjw” category isn’t super coherent any more, but most of the people who made their name complaining about feminism now complain about blm and related dog whistles like “lawlessness” and “riots.”

And the nerd subset of that is basically people going "Does a non-white and/or non-male person say something or exist in a media property I allegedly love? I will scream endlessly about on YouTube in my urinal helmet for click money."

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I forgot all about the Disney culture war. Putting Marvel and Star Wars under a single corporation really streamlined youtube scream production.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off
Used to watch thunderf00t back in the day when that new atheism thing was all the rage, I got sucked into that circle a bit until I realized how boring watching smarmy assholes keep repeating the same arguments over and over again dunking on creationists pretending to be smart like it requires any intelligence to debunk creationism.

I just realized that was over 12 years ago, gently caress...

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

thunderf00t's problem even before all the sexism was that he's just the irate gamer knock off of potholer.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Famethrowa posted:

He's got great taste :confused:

hey man people are free to enjoy whatever they want but as my friend groovelord neato posted:

Groovelord Neato posted:

Deranged.

edit: LMAO heroes of the storm

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

nine-gear crow posted:

Anti-SJW/Status Quo Warrior/alt-right courting channels are still fairly big, they've simply borrowed themselves into nerd/pop culture and nested there like a tick instead of out and out explicit political channels. These folks are wave riders, they're on top, then they fade and a new wave of folks crop up to take their place. I imagine in five years time the current crop of folks who I'm going "how do these asswipes even have an audience?" to will in fact no longer have audiences, and I will have to be reminded that they even exist like Thunderf00t and Davis Arooni, while saying the same thing about the wave that supplanted them--who will all be screaming and crying about the same poo poo their forebears did as well, because this poo poo never changes. Only this this time one of them will spring for wearing an actual toilet on their head instead of a plastic thing that merely looks suspiciously like a urinal.

Man I look forward to the day I never get another Mauler vid in my recommended tab :barf:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jamie Faith posted:

Man I look forward to the day I never get another Mauler vid in my recommended tab :barf:

I comfort myself with the knowledge that one day Mauler is going to be in his mid-40s or mid-50s long after his e-fame star has faded and he will remember that he once made an 11 hour long video about how mad he was that a woman he'd never met before didn't like a sad clown comic book movie as much as he did. And it will hopefully send a twinge of embarrassment shivering through his ostensibly middle aged adult body.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I fell asleep in front of the TV a while ago with a Noah Gervais video and when I woke up YouTube was halfway through autoplaying a loving Mauler video. It's sort of impressive how the algorithm can just go "these two videos are long and have a dude talking over some footage, must be the same thing" and come out so loving wrong.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

nine-gear crow posted:

I comfort myself with the knowledge that one day Mauler is going to be in his mid-40s or mid-50s long after his e-fame star has faded and he will remember that he once made an 11 hour long video about how mad he was that a woman he'd never met before didn't like a sad clown comic book movie as much as he did. And it will hopefully send a twinge of embarrassment shivering through his ostensibly middle aged adult body.

:discourse:

Fil5000 posted:

I fell asleep in front of the TV a while ago with a Noah Gervais video and when I woke up YouTube was halfway through autoplaying a loving Mauler video. It's sort of impressive how the algorithm can just go "these two videos are long and have a dude talking over some footage, must be the same thing" and come out so loving wrong.

Ive fallen asleep while watching youtube and have woken up to some pretty weird random things but thankfully, never anything chudy like that :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Jesus Christ, turn autoplay off. What are you, amateurs?