Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Made sure to move my Dyson bladeless fan today so that I don't melt overnight, the Mrs has hers on her side the bed which is the only power outlet (convenient) so I had to do some extension cords and a power board. Bloody stinker last night, v oppressed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

The Mrs sister and friends want to hike this grade 4 (of 5) track at wottamalla on Tuesday when it's supposed to be like 40 degrees or so and no beaches around. I'm sure that'll end well

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pro click this month, couple of real :stare: moments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39fC1EzAhbQ

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jan 24, 2021

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Infinitum posted:

Pro click this mount, couple of real :stare: moments.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39fC1EzAhbQ

Treadly Mullet vs Tarago LOL

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Cockhead on his phone in Brisbane CBD is the reason they need to bring cyber bullying back

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I kind of love how overrepresented poo poo suburban and rural driving is in those vids because while I think there is a higher number of poo poo drivers in the city and inner suburbs the kind of poo poo you see further out is always the most 'wtf how is this person even still loving alive' sort of stuff that makes you consider buying a dash cam in the first place

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Rurals tend to freak out when driving anywhere there's actual other cars on the road because they're used to being able to miss the road by a couple meters and not notice, yes.

Update on Adelaide: tis raining.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Driving a lot in the CBD I reckon I could get a clip every time I went out if I had a dash cam. I've seen 2 people drive the wrong way down Ann St. In the last month

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Rurals tend to freak out when driving anywhere there's actual other cars on the road because they're used to being able to miss the road by a couple meters and not notice, yes.

Update on Adelaide: tis raining.

This seems like you're just describing how poorly policed drink driving is outside the city tbh

Rain is nice if it's near the fire tbough

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

Driving a lot in the CBD I reckon I could get a clip every time I went out if I had a dash cam. I've seen 2 people drive the wrong way down Ann St. In the last month

no, when you install a dashcam nothing exciting ever happens again.

at least that is my dashcam experience.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Yesterday I saw a landrover fail to give way to a bus then immediately cruise through a t intersection without stopping. Surprised there wasnt a crash

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Yesterday I saw a landrover fail to give way to a bus then immediately cruise through a t intersection without stopping. Surprised there wasnt a crash

probably forgot to pump up the brakes and therefore couldn't stop

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
My grandson had his first driving lesson yesterday. The instructor had him doing three point turns and reverse parallel parking as well as driving in traffic. Very different from when my daughter was learning.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Just put the laundry out

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I think Melbourne is the city to have a dash cam, I've only driven down there a few times and I can't say the tram poo poo made sense to me but I don't think I did anything illegal or dangerous which is more than I can say about many of the other out of state platers I saw around the place

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

the concept of a "hook turn" is seemingly an inside job to justify sales of dash cams

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

hook turns make plenty of sense when there is tram lines to avoid.

everywhere else you just creep into the centre of the intersection and wait til you can go.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Airstream Driver posted:

don't get caught driving on cbd mate

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73V2g1tYVqk

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Laserface posted:

hook turns make plenty of sense when there is tram lines to avoid.

everywhere else you just creep into the centre of the intersection and wait til you can go.

Also if you ride a bike sometimes you have to hook turn on normal intersections when you want to turn right and cant get to the right lane

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

reckon i could make a video every time i'm driving on the cbt

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Look at this oval office with the sticky fingers

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jestery posted:

Look at this oval office with the sticky fingers

?

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Little reno job done

Before:

After:

We're gonna re-wallpaper the cavity to the right (needed to dig out some nails to get the arched cover off) and the top bit, at the end of the day we're planning on removing the kitchen from the space and into another room next to it (currently a "dining" room), so for 12-18 months this will do

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Also at some point soon I'm gonna replace the switch at the back there because it's hosed. Gotta cut power to the whole house to do it but which kinda sucks

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

whats the switch for?

how anyone thought that archway was practical or even aesthetically pleasing is a bit of a mystery

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Laserface posted:

whats the switch for?

how anyone thought that archway was practical or even aesthetically pleasing is a bit of a mystery

It reminds me of the cavities for wood stoves which were common in houses when I was a kid.

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

Laserface posted:

no, when you install a dashcam nothing exciting ever happens again.

at least that is my dashcam experience.

I got my dashcam after a junkie keyed the whole side of my car, he was washing windscreens and was pissed that I said no (and I didn't have coins anyway)

The only tragic stuff I've caught on the dashcam has been a guy dropping a six pack off his bike on the way out of Dan Murphy's

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jumpsuit posted:

The only tragic stuff I've caught on the dashcam has been a guy dropping a six pack off his bike on the way out of Dan Murphy's

Post the clip

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jumpsuit posted:

I got my dashcam after a junkie keyed the whole side of my car, he was washing windscreens and was pissed that I said no (and I didn't have coins anyway)

poo poo did you get out and have a go at him?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Laserface posted:

whats the switch for?

1950 - 1970 had a lot of opinions w/r/t brick and archways

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Laserface posted:

whats the switch for?

It's just the switch for the light up the back of the cavity

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

well why not posted:

1950 - 1970 had a lot of opinions w/r/t brick and archways

also beaten copper ~EVERYWHERE~

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Jumpsuit
Jan 1, 2007

BurgerQuest posted:

poo poo did you get out and have a go at him?

gently caress no, he was methed up and bashing on the windscreen and my window while screaming IT'S A FUCKEN DOLLAR BITCH, no way would that have ended well for me. I didn't know he'd scratched it until I got home, was more worried about the rear view mirror that he smashed.

Cops did nothing and my insurance premiums went up too, yay

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Infinitum posted:

also beaten copper ~EVERYWHERE~

The old wallpaper on the weird arch was some sort of copper look poo poo. The fuckin nails they used to hold the wallpaper down (apparently the glue wasn't enough!?) also looked like copper when I ripped them out.

We're considering a matte copper wallpaper in some parts as an accent because it kinda fits the aesthetic

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
could do with more beaten coppers in the world imo

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

not guilty for whatever charges - parents are 100% at fault

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

yeah thats some real boy named sue poo poo right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008