Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I tried playing Mahjong Soul and it was too hard to understand....wish the visual tutorial training wheels existed as an option for real matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

anyone who's played rummikub might get a head start with understanding mahjong but you also might focus too much on getting melds

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i just started watching mahjong streamers and that worked

it's also how i can read all the man tiles without numbers

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yakuza forced me to learn the man tiles

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

sb hermit posted:

Seeing this again... I ignored it the first time but I think I get it now.

Is this a reference to Bernie's awesome mittens in the inauguration?

probably. that was his entire pose during the inauguration.

Watching Kuroko's Basketball on Netflix and am I just imagining more than just a bromance between the main protagonists?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yakuza is a nice place to practice since you have no time limit.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

TV Zombie posted:

Watching Kuroko's Basketball on Netflix and am I just imagining more than just a bromance between the main protagonists?

welcome to sports anime :getin:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

sb hermit posted:

Seeing this again... I ignored it the first time but I think I get it now.

Is this a reference to Bernie's awesome mittens in the inauguration?
Yes. Apparently the lady who made him those mittens has been getting tons of requests about them.

TV Zombie posted:

Sports manga/anime has done this since Star of the Giants and Ashita no Joe (hell, probably since way earlier, but my knowledge of old-rear end manga is admittedly limited), and some of the most well remembered characters (Tsubasa Oozora & Taro Misaki from Captain Tsubasa, Takanori Akagi & Kiminobu Kogure and Hanamichi Sakuragi with like three different members of the Shohoku team in Slam Dunk and almost everyone with Tetsuya Kuroko in Kuroko's Basketball) display those dynamics. My fave ones are usually the ones that do not start that way.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Wark Say posted:

Yes. Apparently the lady who made him those mittens has been getting tons of requests about them.

Sports manga/anime has done this since Star of the Giants and Ashita no Joe (hell, probably since way earlier, but my knowledge of old-rear end manga is admittedly limited), and some of the most well remembered characters (Tsubasa Oozora & Taro Misaki from Captain Tsubasa, Takanori Akagi & Kiminobu Kogure and Hanamichi Sakuragi with like three different members of the Shohoku team in Slam Dunk and almost everyone with Tetsuya Kuroko in Kuroko's Basketball) display those dynamics. My fave ones are usually the ones that do not start that way.

No wonder fujos love them

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Colonel posted:

i finally beat chibi robo clean sweep. my thoguhts are that it's a way better written game than chibi robo 1 and it would be great if it didnt have some of the worst combat and most obtuse progression i've ever seen in a video game

it has a final boss against a bgi ghost guy and i absolutely hate it cause it's not like hard or anything it's just. there. and it's long. and it's boring. and it has no connection to the plot really. i would not care if it wasn't there at all and it's one of many things that made me appreciate moon more

Did you play Park Patrol? How'd it compare to that?

I only ever played the first one and I loved it, at the time at least.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

TV Zombie posted:

probably. that was his entire pose during the inauguration.

Wark Say posted:

Thank you. I've always wanted to go to Vermont for the breweries, but I might as well shop for some winter coats and accessories too.

Hopefully I won't have to wait until 2022 to do so.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:whatup:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1353022759232651264

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

:drat:
thats some high level gamin'

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Congrats.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

WE KNOW IF YOU'VE BEEN BAD OR GOOD

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/rpgfancom/status/1353386022667739136

who likes weird samples

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

90s tracks with vocal samples is very much my poo poo.

And newer stuff too.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I can't say I was expecting abusive parenting in the cute hokkaido girls manga, but here we are

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

DoubleDonut posted:

I can't say I was expecting abusive parenting in the cute hokkaido girls manga, but here we are
I thought for an instant you were talking about the maiko manga

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I have to wonder if it was a part of a larger compilation of voice sample clips, especially since that same voice clip sample was also used in a command and conquer games years later as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8RIGpACLFE

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Julias posted:

I have to wonder if it was a part of a larger compilation of voice sample clips, especially since that same voice clip sample was also used in a command and conquer games years later as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8RIGpACLFE

It even has the added reverb, too.

I think you can hear it in the Einhander music too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AldIERbaoE

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 25, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

That's nothing compared to when Giftpia, a first party Nintendo game, used voice samples from South Park of all shows (Specifically Mecha-Streisand)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtolVl-mVJ4

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
south park had a degree of popularity in japan and giftpia is less a first party nintendo game than it is a game from weird ps1 adventure game devs who struck a publishing deal with nintendo that led to nintendo owning everything they made under them, hirofumi taniguchi is pretty far out of the regular nintendo sphere and works with sound sampling on occasion so it's easy to figure how a guy with him would end up making something that weird. it's about par for the course really

e; actually that song's not even taniguchi, just remembered that giftpia had lots of guest tracks by indie artists for its in-game radio and that's one of em

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jan 25, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoubleDonut posted:

You're not talking about the hokkaido gyaru one are you? that'd be quite a turn.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Acerbatus posted:

You're not talking about the hokkaido gyaru one are you? that'd be quite a turn.

Guess what

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLEg3wuLGQI

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sweet, the Deca-Dence dub finally finished. I know people say it peaks with the fifth episode but I'm still gonna give the rest a shot.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/MartinWDoodles/status/1353487236759769088

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Suddenly, more Gal-Cleaning

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
showing my friend FLCL for the first time

eng dub obvs

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

:nice:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Grouchio posted:

Suddenly, more Gal-Cleaning
its just the dude's mom being psychologically manipulative dude, chill out.

its seriously not over the top enough to deserve handwringy vague posting lol. dudes mom presses him about talking to girls, goes 'oh while i was in the hospital you were off gallivanting around,' and talks about how he needs to take relationships seriously so she can have grandkids before she croaks. its lovely parenting and a more dramatic turn for the story, not belladonna of sadness

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG

Arist posted:

Sweet, the Deca-Dence dub finally finished. I know people say it peaks with the fifth episode but I'm still gonna give the rest a shot.

The whole show is pretty solid so it's definitely worth a shot

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

its just the dude's mom being psychologically manipulative dude, chill out.

its seriously not over the top enough to deserve handwringy vague posting lol. dudes mom presses him about talking to girls, goes 'oh while i was in the hospital you were off gallivanting around,' and talks about how he needs to take relationships seriously so she can have grandkids before she croaks. its lovely parenting and a more dramatic turn for the story, not belladonna of sadness

Yeah, it's totally fine, just little bit of a turn after the last few chapters. But that's fine, that's what good drama does. Absolutely nothing close to gal cleaning.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uszwsPae4BM

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

don't quit your dayjob eitaso
https://twitter.com/dempagumi/status/1353538730196410370
*squints at title of manga* ah, nevertheless,

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, it's totally fine, just little bit of a turn after the last few chapters. But that's fine, that's what good drama does. Absolutely nothing close to gal cleaning.
you wouldn't think so reading mangadex comments

so reason #265809698709843 to never read mangadex comments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I got drunk last night and now i have a sub to hidive so i can finish Kokkuri-san