Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

What's terrible about punishing sedition?

who gives a gently caress about the legitimacy of a failed state that slaughters the poor and prints infinite money for the rich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

theyre sabotaging bidens agenda to do it

not that he actually has agenda mind you but they like to pretend he does

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

who gives a gently caress about the legitimacy of a failed state that slaughters the poor and prints infinite money for the rich

Sure, why do anything then?

I mean, if you want to codify the idea that the president is a king and can do anything he wants up to and including attempting to get legislators killed then don't do anything, but a successful fascist coup would make things infinitely worse for everyone.

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Some Guy TT posted:

theyre sabotaging bidens agenda to do it

not that he actually has agenda mind you but they like to pretend he does

That would be cool af if impeaching trump distracted from the next venezuela coup attempt

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

They won't convict him so what do you envision the punishment being?

Apr 7, 2003

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

They won't convict him so what do you envision the punishment being?

You try to do the right thing whether it's going to be successful or not.

And people call me a doomer, jesus christ.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

I mean, if you want to codify the idea that the president is a king and can do anything he wants up to and including attempting to get legislators killed then don't do anything, but a successful fascist coup would make things infinitely worse for everyone.

lol you have a completely warped and hysterical view of the events of jan 6th if that is the overblown narrative you are spouting

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A chud convention is not a fascist coup. It was a police guided tour of the capitol building, and the opposition party upon taking power has decided to refuse to do anything which would shore up their own legitimacy and give people a reason to support them, thus ensuring a fascist leadership by 2024 at the very latest.

Joe Biden championed the mass slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent Muslims. Pelosi covered up torture. They're nothing but a bunch of hard right ghouls that do not deserve your effort, much less your loyalty in any meaningful way, unless you're a liberal white supremacist freak that demands the poors know their place.

Apr 7, 2003

THS posted:

lol you have a completely warped and hysterical view of the events of jan 6th if that is the overblown narrative you are spouting

The president deliberately incited violence in an attempt to get the certification of the election results stopped and overturned, that isn't really subject to dispute.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Now that's some fine succ this morning.

Apr 7, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

A chud convention is not a fascist coup. It was a police guided tour of the capitol building, and the opposition party upon taking power has decided to refuse to do anything which would shore up their own legitimacy and give people a reason to support them, thus ensuring a fascist leadership by 2024 at the very latest.

Joe Biden championed the mass slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent Muslims. Pelosi covered up torture. They're nothing but a bunch of hard right ghouls that do not deserve your effort, much less your loyalty in any meaningful way, unless you're a liberal white supremacist freak that demands the poors know their place.

The president deliberately incited violence in an attempt to get the certification of the election results stopped and overturned, that isn't really subject to dispute.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Seems like it is since the prevailing thought is nothing is going to happen in the second impeachment in the senate.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

right on cue just as soon as we were done with dore chat

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

So when Biden pledged to support the neo-Nazi fascists in the Ukraine and a fascist coup in Venezuela, as well as immediately abandoned basic proposals like a $15/hr minimum wage, the $2k emergency checks on day 1 of his presidency, and so on, is that not an incitement of violence by pissing in the face of the people that voted for him in the hopes of doing the things he promised to do?

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

We're all just vessels for God's divine plan so I don't see how crime should be punished

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

So you care more about the legitimacy of a white supremacist state that exists solely to slaughter the poor and print free money for Wall Street than working class politics. Got it, thanks. Back to D&D with you!

Apr 7, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

So when Biden pledged to support the neo-Nazi fascists in the Ukraine and a fascist coup in Venezuela, as well as immediately abandoned basic proposals like a $15/hr minimum wage, the $2k emergency checks on day 1 of his presidency, and so on, is that not an incitement of violence by pissing in the face of the people that voted for him in the hopes of doing the things he promised to do?

You'd prefer that the legislature de facto endorses what Alan Dershowitz argued, that nothing the president does should be actionable if he thinks it's good for the country, then?

It should be pretty clear by now that accelerationism doesn't work.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

It's so dumb. This person in power needs your support, you offer your support in exchange for something good. Why is this bad for so many people

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You'd prefer that the legislature de facto endorses what Alan Dershowitz argued, that nothing the president does should be actionable if he thinks it's good for the country, then?

Biden was the accelerationist option, dumbass. Enjoy your Christian fascist one party state in 2024.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Just to make sure, this isn't a bit right? I am not reading d&d posts being pasted in here again am I?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

He's gone. Impeaching won't do a thing

Apr 7, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

Biden was the accelerationist option, dumbass. Enjoy your Christian fascist one party state in 2024.

So you agree with Alan Dershowitz, then? The president is a de facto king?

Didn't expect to see someone endorsing Dershowitz here, but hey.

Terror Sweat posted:

He's gone. Impeaching won't do a thing

You either punish people for transgressions or you admit before 330 million people that laws don't matter.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i dispute it, because it wasn’t an attempt at a coup. an “attempt” doesn’t qualify as the q shaman chanting in the capitol building. you’re buying into this hysterical fairy tale that is only going to be used against domestic dissent, and not the kind where only the people you dont like get arrested by federal cops. the purpose of the narrative is increasing secret police activity and surveillance because an unorganized mob spooked nancy pelosi and the whol thing made for great tv. maybe you like that kind of poo poo lol

Adjectivist Philosophy
Oct 6, 2003

When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.

Taintrunner posted:

Enjoy your Christian fascist one party state in 2024.

Same as it ever was

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Trust Science!

Apr 7, 2003

THS posted:

i dispute it, because it wasn’t an attempt at a coup. an “attempt” doesn’t qualify as the q shaman chanting in the capitol building. you’re buying into this hysterical fairy tale that is only going to be used against domestic dissent, and not the kind where only the people you dont like get arrested by federal cops. the purpose of the narrative is increasing secret police activity and surveillance because an unorganized mob spooked nancy pelosi and the whol thing made for great tv. maybe you like that kind of poo poo lol

There were thousands of useful idiots there and a small group of coordinated people who planned and intended to do violence and brought the means to do so.

You've already got your surveillance state, the framing of what happened on January 6th has zero impact on that.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

So you agree with Alan Dershowitz, then? The president is a de facto king?

Didn't expect to see someone endorsing Dershowitz here, but hey.

You're really, really loving bad at this, considering that Biden endorsed literal crimes against humanity and has proceeded to spit in the face of every single working class American that thought he might actually do something for them for once, in exchange for backing fascist coups in the Middle East and Venezuela. Not to mention the Democrats rigged an entire primary in his favor in order to deny poor people healthcare, making Biden a de-facto king.

Just admit you're a liberal white supremacist already and piss off back to D&D. The warmongering austerity rapist is going to piss in your face as you suck on his toes and wonder why your life gets worse every day for the next 4 years, maybe now is the time to sit in the mirror and reflect on what an embarrassment you've made of yourself.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

You either punish people for transgressions or you admit before 330 million people that laws don't matter.

Correct. They don't.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
where's my loving money joe

where's the loving student loan relief joe

where's the loving kids joe

where's actual climate legislation joe

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THS posted:

politics is nothing but a spectator sport to liberals like this. it's the avengers (2012) all over again

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Well I guess I'm not going to get too worked up because storming the capital was the right thing, it just got done by the wrong people. You think this whole 2000=1400 thing would be going on if legislators understood they could face consequences from the constituents they're letting die in the streets?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lostconfused posted:

Correct. They don't.

Which Joe Biden clearly knows, considering he's spent literal decades championing illegal wars and torture.

Christ, what a dumbass.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

cenotaph posted:

A lot of people ostensibly on the left can't get their heads around the fact that politics is theater and you need to exploit every messaging opportunity and scrap of leverage you have to build a movement. The Republicans understand this and have dominated messaging for my entire life, to the point where people don't even know they're repeating right-wing talking points, but somehow emulating them would be bad.

cenotaph posted:

A lot of people ostensibly on the left can't get their heads around the fact that politics is theater and you need to exploit every messaging opportunity and scrap of leverage you have to build a movement. The Republicans understand this and have dominated messaging for my entire life, to the point where people don't even know they're repeating right-wing talking points, but somehow emulating them would be bad.

cenotaph posted:

cenotaph posted:

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

you might want to sit down for this

THS
Sep 15, 2017

There were thousands of useful idiots there and a small group of coordinated people who planned and intended to do violence and brought the means to do so.

You've already got your surveillance state, the framing of what happened on January 6th has zero impact on that.

heres what really happened: you have liberal hysterics post 9/11 brain and a spectacular event which you failed to process in a sober way has affected your ability to judge a situation in any way outside the context of screaming about Insurrection and Sedition against our Republic. it’s pathetic

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
lol brie learning from virgil.

next bad faith cold open is going to be another triumphant debate victory speexh

edit: oops my app hosed up, I'm pages behind

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

THS posted:

heres what really happened: you have liberal hysterics post 9/11 brain and a spectacular event which you failed to process in a sober way has affected your ability to judge a situation in any way outside the context of screaming about Insurrection and Sedition against our Republic. it’s pathetic

pretty much!

also the patriot act which biden wrote was a clear violation of multiple constitutional amendments. loving lmfao. dumbass!

Apr 7, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

You're really, really loving bad at this, considering that Biden endorsed literal crimes against humanity and has proceeded to spit in the face of every single working class American that thought he might actually do something for them for once, in exchange for backing fascist coups in the Middle East and Venezuela. Not to mention the Democrats rigged an entire primary in his favor in order to deny poor people healthcare, making Biden a de-facto king.

Just admit you're a liberal white supremacist already and piss off back to D&D. The warmongering austerity rapist is going to piss in your face as you suck on his toes and wonder why your life gets worse every day for the next 4 years, maybe now is the time to sit in the mirror and reflect on what an embarrassment you've made of yourself.

"Joe Biden is president and did bad things, therefore we can't punish anything bad any president does" is a weird way to look at things.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

You guys are saying laws don't matter? To the rich and powerful? In America? Absurd!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

THS posted:

Ah, so no one went to the capitol building intending to do violence against legislators?

Populon posted:

You guys are saying laws don't matter? To the rich and powerful? In America? Absurd?!

You either at least pretend laws matter or you just publicly say "gently caress it" and push the country off the edge of the cliff, option two hurts more people than it helps.