Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

Quackles posted:

House Daucus is throwing in our lot with everyone else.

Agenda: So who did put the bomp in the bomp-de-bomp-de-bomp?
Confidence: # _ _ _ _

The mostly quiet senator from House Daucus starts tapping on his desk and muttering something under his breath. His fellow Olwynians close enough to hear him aren't certain what a "Buck Bumble" is, but all in the room feel more wary of him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

C... posted:

I'm a bit wary here. Why would there be an unambiguous good choice and an unambiguous bad choice? There must be either hidden consequences, or envelopes getting opened. Given how we've displeased the City of Tents, I still don't want to send any Ankist citizens their way... I'm just pre-heating an I told you so.

Just to point out, OOCly, there are houses and secret agendas that want things to go poorly in the Kingdom. I don't know what the houses currently in the game have as goals, but I played a house that's not when I played and I was constantly cheerleading for ruin. It was great.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

malkav11 posted:

Just to point out, OOCly, there are houses and secret agendas that want things to go poorly in the Kingdom. I don't know what the houses currently in the game have as goals, but I played a house that's not when I played and I was constantly cheerleading for ruin. It was great.

Yeah, I'm guessing that if we'd chosen the Marquises of Tiryll or Crann, we'd be looking at some serious backstabbery. From the backstories alone, those territories seem like they'd be down with making folks miserable all the time.

Senator

Honestly, the major point of contention is not whether to vote Aye or Nay, but how much power to play for it. If everyone wants to be the signer, that means that we could be looking at a situation where multiple houses end up losing big for no reason.

What I'm saying is that it's possible to agree too hard. Might be worth considering whether it's worth fighting for this.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Bizarro Ankist senator

If everyone passes the moderator decides and becomes leader.
Of course, the opportunist could take the indecision to strike, but I think I was the only one pushing for a Nay? Considering the good faith rule, assume Gambol is either Aye or passing unless Jossar comes out and says otherwise, as he's the sitting councilmember.

All other houses expressed unanimous preference for the Aye, right? No holdouts saying nothing.

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019
As someone who's recently taken an interest in the sorts of mindgames in games similar to Werewolf (namely from a visual novel death game operating on those sorts of rules)... it seems I've found something that scratches that itch rather specifically.

I'd be willing to sign up, though for now whether or not I'll have the time for one of the more attentive positions is up in the air. Preferences are House Gambol, House Daucus, and House Cyfoeth.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

LPFinale posted:

As someone who's recently taken an interest in the sorts of mindgames in games similar to Werewolf (namely from a visual novel death game operating on those sorts of rules)... it seems I've found something that scratches that itch rather specifically.

I'd be willing to sign up, though for now whether or not I'll have the time for one of the more attentive positions is up in the air. Preferences are House Gambol, House Daucus, and House Cyfoeth.

Welcome to House Gambol! Please send an email from your preferred contact to gloomhavenlp@gmail.com. In the meantime, feel free to join the discord server here https://discord.gg/jc9GRvpG and I'll add you to your House's channel (a link the House Sheet is available over there).

For the next signup, the preferred Houses are Cyfoeth and Lethe, although we don't have a total imbalance yet so every House is game if you prefer another one :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Reign of King Blythe I, Dilemma 2, Resolution

Vote Results posted:

Votes Aye, spends 3 Power (current: 5), gains 0 Coins (current: 10).

Votes Aye, spends 7 Power (current: 4), gains 0 Coins (current: 11).

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 2 Power (current: 10), gains 1 Coins (current: 11).

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 2 Power (current: 9), gains 1 Coins (current: 14).

Votes Pass and gather Power, gains 2 Power (current: 4), gains 1 Coins (current: 8).

The Ayes have it!

Vote Outcome posted:

Envelope opened: 43

Resources and Stability change:

We got a +4 Stability shift due to Momentum on Morale.

Chronicle stickers:

No changes.

Reign of King Blythe I, Dilemma 3

History of the Kingdom of Ankist posted:

Hall of Kings

Storyline:

Storyline:

- Foreman/Sitting Councilmember: grandalt (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: C...
- Treasurer/Navigator: Nea

- Sitting Councilmember: scavy131 (also Treasurer)

- High Scholar/Sitting Councilmember: Quackles (also Treasurer)

- Sitting Councilmember: SporkChan
- Treasurer/Negotiator: Covski

It was brought to my attention that the Leader token is not really useful due to the changes to the voting system we are using in the LP...so I've removed it. This should make things easier to read, especially once more Open Agendas start popping around.

Dilemma3 posted:

Stakes:

1 Power has been left in the pot from the previous round, for a total of 11 Power tokens.

:siren::siren::siren:
A 48h voting window is now open!
- Sitting Councilmembers can send me a PM/Email with their final decision. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Treasurers can now start bribing. Please consult the OP if you need a refresher on the rules!
- Senators are free to discuss the Dilemma and provide their feedback. Don't forget that every choice could have consequences that are not spelled out outright on the front of the card! Also, please remember that the thread is the main discussion platform for your vote intention - the Sheet is only to be used when discussing high level strategy, bargaining strategies and items on the sheet itself.
:siren::siren::siren:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Well.

As is our wont and also our Open Agenda, there's only one possible choice on this one: to vote Aye, of course.

Who's with us?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

House Cyfoeth, Dukes of Coden
Senator

Personally, I don't care much about all this theological nonsense, I don't think this is going to influence the common man of the Kingdom a bit. I'm more of a practical man.

Of course, if some other House is really sure a particular decision is better for the Kingdom, I'm willing to be "persuaded". I guess the ones interested would be House Lethe, Daucus and Gambol.

OOC: "accidentaly gave birth to a cursed black eclipse". This must be the Old Testament Mother.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.

Senator

I believe that ultimately, it should be the decision of House Lethe whether we pry into secrets concerning The Mother. It may end up being compromising to her reputation, and I don't know if our fellow countrymen are willing to take the risk of uncovering this knowledge.

Sometimes it's better to have an idealized memory of someone than to know the truth.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Fat Samurai posted:

Senator

Of course, if some other House is really sure a particular decision is better for the Kingdom, I'm willing to be "persuaded". I guess the ones interested would be House Lethe, Daucus and Gambol.

Sitting Councilmember

We at House Lethe of course oppose this heretical knowledge being allowed to spread. It would be best if it dies out in the desert where it belongs. However we know that not all of our fellow houses are as well acquainted with The Mother as we are, and may not recognize this for the obvious falsehood it is.

To that end, we would be willing to offer a modest sum to those who wish join us on this most righteous cause.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Senator

Heresy shmeresy. How can the truth be heretical if the Mother herself is truth? House Gambol will always support the search for truth.

Aye

Fat Samurai posted:

Senator

Personally, I don't care much about all this theological nonsense, I don't think this is going to influence the common man of the Kingdom a bit. I'm more of a practical man.

OOC: "accidentaly gave birth to a cursed black eclipse". This must be the Old Testament Mother.

Duchess Nea is currently in charge of our treasury, kindly listen and consider her offer* before accepting anything.

*[ooc] I don't think she's in an EU time zone though

Quackles posted:

Well.

As is our wont and also our Open Agenda, there's only one possible choice on this one: to vote Aye, of course.

Who's with us?

You have my compass.

Well, C...'s compass but I'm sure I'm not in Bizarro Ankist this time.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The Sand Priestesses worshipped The Great Mother in name only. Their opulent lifestyle went against the balance The Great Mother and her Saint Daughters preached. We recommend not making the same mistakes. The stability of the realm might be at stake.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Second Cousin Thrice Removed

Nay, the stability of the realm is at stake. Imagine what the people would think if the learned nobles allowed such ancient heresy to spread. Search for the map and perform the hard work of excavation so that we find material rewards to enrich our lands. We are not here to lose our souls for our pockets gain

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012

Senator

No strong feelings on the matter, though personally I think it was a waste of time and effort digging into the drat thing in the first place. No need to waste more of it following a trail that can only result in upsetting the people.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Treasurer

Hey, Pinchay, Cyfoeth, but especially Cyfoeth, 6 coins for 3 votes on aye , eh? This is a wonderful thing, new information for us to spread, house Daucus is absolutely right, though house Gambol personally needs to spend some time recuperating our capital .

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Senator

It is high time we put the superstitions of the past behind us and look forward to the future. We owe it to Sera, who gave her life for this endeavor (though I note none before me spared a moment for her passing) to discover the truth here.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Nea posted:

Treasurer

Hey, Pinchay, Cyfoeth, but especially Cyfoeth, 6 coins for 3 votes on aye , eh? This is a wonderful thing, new information for us to spread, house Daucus is absolutely right, though house Gambol personally needs to spend some time recuperating our capital .

Considering that Daucus also wants the aye, maybe they could help with the bribes generous donations to other houses a bit?

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Nea posted:

Treasurer

Senator
May your purse be matched only by your wisdom.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Nea posted:

Treasurer

Rooty-Tooty Sitting Councilmember Booty

House Cyfoeth has always been for knowledge that helps the common people, the people of Ankhist. While this particular search is one that seems more esoteric in nature, much like the Crimson Tide being a modern symbol for our kingdom to rally around, nothing builds nations better than a shared history. House Cyfoeth accepts the offer from House Gambol.

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Sitting Council Member

Aye is clearly the right choice. We did not work this hard and come this far to not learn something fascinating about the Sand Priestess offshoot of the Cult of the Mother, and perhaps something of pre-Ankist history.

Blastinus posted:

Senator

I believe that ultimately, it should be the decision of House Lethe whether we pry into secrets concerning The Mother. It may end up being compromising to her reputation, and I don't know if our fellow countrymen are willing to take the risk of uncovering this knowledge.

Sometimes it's better to have an idealized memory of someone than to know the truth.

House Lethe is pious, brother, but they do not own the Cult of the Mother. It is the state religion, and all of us follow its precepts to greater or lesser extents.

Truth is all. Nea is correct to bring Councilmember Booty onside, and I hope that Daucus would help persuade Pinchay to a similar sensibility.

quote:

misc. crowing about stability

This was not sufficiently concerning during the reign of Harald; why should it direct our actions in the reign of Blythe? If this insight leads to a golden age of prosperity and Blythe retires a young man, who is harmed?

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!

Treasurer

Nay, of course! There can be no doubt there are only heretical lies to be found here, ideas threatening the stability of Ankist! After all, if any of the stories were true, they would be mentioned in the holy scriptures, would they not? And they are not, ergo they are heretical falsehoods! Even a child could follow this simple logic.

With this in mind:

Proposal
We offer any house 1 coin for a public commitment of 1 power on Nay or 4 coins for 3+ power on Nay.

A very fair price to be on the right side of history, and not suffering the people's wrath as apostates, wouldn't you say?

Blessed be the Mother.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Senator

I told you this expedition was a bad idea. These obscene lies must be buried back beneath the sand before they poison the minds of our people.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

scavy131 posted:

Rooty-Tooty Sitting Councilmember Booty

House Cyfoeth has always been for knowledge that helps the common people, the people of Ankhist. While this particular search is one that seems more esoteric in nature, much like the Crimson Tide being a modern symbol for our kingdom to rally around, nothing builds nations better than a shared history. House Cyfoeth accepts the offer from House Gambol.

Witnessed!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Senator

I feel it pertinent to determine the veracity of a curse! Be it Sierra Madre, Sara Madre, or anything in between. I beseech our High Scholar to spare no expense!

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

C... posted:

Sitting Council Member

It is the state religion, and all of us follow its precepts to greater or lesser extents.

Senator

The lean senator chuckles quietly as he leafs idly through a slim volume bound in blue leather. On its cover, in faded silver ink, are the words Ego ­Video Liber Deorum.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The king spending so much of his interest in this folly may allow the other houses to consolidate their power and force him to abdicate. King Blythe the Curious should be enough of a damning moniker for this misadventure.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Bellmaker posted:

The king spending so much of his interest in this folly may allow the other houses to consolidate their power and force him to abdicate. King Blythe the Curious should be enough of a damning moniker for this misadventure.

One could just as easily call His Most Royal Majesty King Blythe the Pilgrim, or King Blythe the Pious for his search for greater understanding of The Mother's workings on the world.

Blessed be the Mother.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Blastinus posted:

Senator

And sometimes it's better to know for certain.

Also sometimes, it's better to be rich -

Proposal: House Daucus will pay House Pinchay 3 Coins for 2 Power on an Aye vote, or 2 Coins for 1 Power on Aye.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 25, 2021

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

scavy131 posted:

One could just as easily call His Most Royal Majesty King Blythe the Pilgrim, or King Blythe the Pious

I vote for Pious. I have to make a rhyme at the end of this and both Blythe and Pilgrim are versical disasters.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Can I suggest King Blythe the Farsighted? Trips through the desert often require telescopes and such, I bet.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Perhaps My Assembled Lords get ahead of themselves wishing to bestow the highest honors on our newly crowned Majesty King Blythe, long may he reign. I think we should all wish for his most long and prosperous rule for the kingdom.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Only a few hundred feet away, King Blythe is blissfully unaware of his senators talking about his legacy as if he was dead already :v:

E: beaten.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

scavy131 posted:

Perhaps My Assembled Lords get ahead of themselves wishing to bestow the highest honors on our newly crowned Majesty King Blythe, long may he reign. I think we should all wish for his most long and prosperous rule for the kingdom.

You're aware it's your house that is effectively voting to overthrow him, right?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Technically it's House Gabol's fault :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

That Italian Guy posted:

Only a few hundred feet away, King Blythe is blissfully unaware of his senators talking about his legacy as if he was dead already :v:

E: beaten.

"Sometimes I think I can still hear his voice..." :v:

C...
Jan 22, 2008

Tootin the Doom Flute has led the Kingdom of Ankist into a new age of illumination. Every morning, people wake up and open palm slam a woodwind instrument into their mouth. It is the Doom Flute and right then and there they start playing the notes. They play every note, and they play every note hard

Fat Samurai posted:

Technically it's House Gabol's fault :v:

Sitting Councilmember, Obituary Pre-Writer

Technically, this is usually true.

megane posted:

You're aware it's your house that is effectively voting to overthrow him, right?

The Scroll is white but lacks momentum, and we are four ticks away from Celebratory Retirement. If this event is truly a +3 with no drawbacks then yes, King Blythe the Scythe will have reaped us a nice big field of tasty revelations as his final edict. Perhaps he can retire to this oasis, it seems quite scenic.

...then King Blythe the Lithe will have gracefully crossed deserts of sand and ignorance for his people.

...then King Blythe the Tithe will have paid what is fitting to God, Blessed be the Mother.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017

Sitting Councilmember

I fully stand by my, and by consequence my House's, decision to have our decision very richly bought.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Quackles posted:

And sometimes it's better to know for certain.

Also sometimes, it's better to be rich -

Proposal: House Daucus will pay House Pinchay 3 Coins for 2 Power on an Aye vote, or 2 Coins for 1 Power on Aye.

Sitting Councilmember

The noblewoman bursts into laughter as the proffered deal from House Daucus rings across the hall.

"Oh, yes House Pinchay, take this deal. Then you and Cyforth can do all the work while they get the results they wanted in the first place. House Gambol has already arranged for someone else to do their heavy lifting while they will almost certainly gather power this round. Go ahead Pinchay, allow Daucus to do the exact same thing."

Covski posted:

Treasurer

Proposal
We offer any house 1 coin for a public commitment of 1 power on Nay or 4 coins for 3+ power on Nay.

A very fair price to be on the right side of history, and not suffering the people's wrath as apostates, wouldn't you say?

Blessed be the Mother.

"I am not the Treasurer for our house, but I will include an assertion on my housemates deal. If anyone takes the 4 coins deal I attest right now House Lethe will not only vote Nay, but we will do so with all the power at our disposal."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

SporkChan posted:

"Oh, yes House Pinchay, take this deal. Then you and Cyforth can do all the work while they get the results they wanted in the first place. House Gambol has already arranged for someone else to do their heavy lifting while they will almost certainly gather power this round. Go ahead Pinchay, allow Daucus to do the exact same thing."

I know you're trying to sow discord, and please note that it's not funny. House Daucus really wants this.

Perhaps I should amend what I said earlier.

(edit: updated proposal)

Proposal: House Daucus will pay House Pinchay 5 Coins for 3+ Power on an Aye vote, or 3 Coins for 2 Power on Aye. Additionally, if House Pinchay takes this deal, House Daucus shall vote Aye with at least as much Power as House Pinchay has agreed to within the terms of this deal.

The fine print: If House Pinchay votes Aye 2, House Daucus will vote Aye 2+. If House Pinchay votes Aye 3 or more, House Daucus will vote Aye 3 or more, but may spend more or less power than House Pinchay's vote.

Quackles fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 26, 2021