Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Fiz I hope Addie is okay :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/KizzyPhD/status/1353703580679761922?s=19

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

oh yeah. happy as a clam.

My only concern is that there is string all up and down her small intestine/colon, in which case the only real solution would be to go in with a colonoscopy. she hasn't thrown up at all so whatever she got is past the stomach.

That's really good that she's eating and drinking.

I hope the vet calls you and says "hey she just shat out a sock"

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Pouf one time licked a dead worm on our sidewalk and spent the next week with tons of vomiting and diarrhea, vet couldn't find anything and she was fine eventually.

Also, I think the hardest part of owning a puppy so far is trying to clip her nails. The dremel style clipper is better than a traditional blade/scissor type, right?

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Pron on VHS posted:

Pouf one time licked a dead worm on our sidewalk and spent the next week with tons of vomiting and diarrhea, vet couldn't find anything and she was fine eventually.

Also, I think the hardest part of owning a puppy so far is trying to clip her nails. The dremel style clipper is better than a traditional blade/scissor type, right?

I assume any dog nail trimming has to be done like this.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Last night my cat took a poo poo, and when he came out of the litter box and there was still something on his butt. I grabbed a paper towel and wiped it up. It looked like... hair? It was extremely long and he was not happy about it. He must have been eating some strands of my girlfriend's hair that had fallen off.

Anyway he's fine now, so I hope Addie turns out fine too, fiz!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

And I got woken up today by my roommates Dog throwing up on my bed :v:

I cleaned it up, and she was running around the house happy as can be and begging for breakfast which she has now ate with no trouble at all.

Pets are weird.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Pron on VHS posted:

The trick to doggy maintenance is to warm them up to it. Finn used to hate having his ears cleaned. I got so sick of struggling with him so I resolved to figure out some way to make him okay with the process.

So one day I spent 2 hours working with him. I got a bunch of treats and I kept introducing new parts of the process as I treated him.

- Touch his ears while giving him a treat
- Hold the bottle of cleaning solution while giving him a treat
- Touch his ear while holding the bottle of cleaning solution while giving him a treat
- etc.

Now I can clean his ears on command and he doesn't fight me at all. I imagine the same thing could be done for nail clipping!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Pron on VHS posted:

Yeah, the “pawdicure”. It’s tough and eventually zero dogs like having it done, but if you do it calmly with treats they don’t go apeshit. The clippers scissors are violent sounding and kinda shock the dogs I’ve had, so I avoid em

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

My dogs are cool with their paws being touched but I also wipe their cute lil paws every time they come in from outside. They're probably used to it I suppose

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

How have we been in locked for 10 months, and people still can't figure out to keep themselves on mute when they're not talking.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bird in a Blender posted:

How have we been in locked for 10 months, and people still can't figure out to keep themselves on mute when they're not talking.

I don't understand how this keeps happening even outside the pandemic, it's maddening

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Tired: Bitcoin price watching

Wired: Gamestop price watching

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1353730868242763778

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah, the “pawdicure”. It’s tough and eventually zero dogs like having it done, but if you do it calmly with treats they don’t go apeshit. The clippers scissors are violent sounding and kinda shock the dogs I’ve had, so I avoid em

I went with the dremel trimmer but it sounds like a little motor whirring and when I bring it close to her nails its like Princess Leia and that interrogation droid

I'm gonna use your guys advice and just have a ton of treats and spend like an hour on pampering her

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Had a meeting the other week and some people were getting confused with the new Teams update and someone was like "You'd think a bunch of code monkeys could figure out how to join a meeting"

You'd think people would wear a mask in a pandemic. People are dumb.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Everyone's stories make me realize I'm probably okay not having a dog cause I'm not sure I could handle the messes they regularly make

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

ZuluDashOne posted:

Had a meeting the other week and some people were getting confused with the new Teams update and someone was like "You'd think a bunch of code monkeys could figure out how to join a meeting"

You'd think people would wear a mask in a pandemic. People are dumb.

I hate using Teams. We have a Go2Meeting license, let's freaking use it yeesh

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Our dog has a complete disinterest in non-food objects and I'm grateful for it every day. He won't even try to get up on a table to eat food that's left out (because he knows that if he stares at us long enough we'll just give him some).

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Tired: Bitcoin price watching

Wired: Gamestop price watching

https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1353730868242763778

It was funny when the market dumped and it dropped to like $80 after being at $150. It's back to up $95 now.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

wandler20 posted:

It was funny when the market dumped and it dropped to like $80 after being at $150. It's back to up $95 now.

It's pretty wild that a bunch of nerds are just literally ruining a bunch of short sellers lives and in the process making a bunch of Funko pops and copies of Madden 18 worth billions.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Speaking of pets eating things that aren't pet food, do all cats and dogs like popcorn? I think every pet with whom I've lived under the same roof loves the stuff. Just poured myself a bowl and my dog jumped up from a nap and is staring at me.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

It's pretty wild that a bunch of nerds are just literally ruining a bunch of short sellers lives and in the process making a bunch of Funko pops and copies of Madden 18 worth billions.

It's nuts. I've been following it pretty closely since my buddy got in. He's up about $75k overall as of right now. Was $100k when it peaked earlier lol.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

C-Euro posted:

Speaking of pets eating things that aren't pet food, do all cats and dogs like popcorn? I think every pet with whom I've lived under the same roof loves the stuff. Just poured myself a bowl and my dog jumped up from a nap and is staring at me.

It's probably the salt and butter they like more than the popcorn itself.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

C-Euro posted:

My dog loves popcorn, but we don't give her a lot. She just likes the crunch and we give her carrots and cucumber and broccoli (and cherry tomatoes, but we have to smush them or else she thinks it's a toy) as an alternative and she's perfectly happy.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

wandler20 posted:

It's nuts. I've been following it pretty closely since my buddy got in. He's up about $75k overall as of right now. Was $100k when it peaked earlier lol.

I hope he sells soon, for his sake. Absolutely can’t predict when this bubble will collapse.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Manoueverable posted:

Everyone's stories make me realize I'm probably okay not having a dog cause I'm not sure I could handle the messes they regularly make

While I've only ever had to deal with puke in the house, it's really not that bad. Plus all the companionship, fun, and proud dog owner moments are totally worth it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Owning a dog is awesome for the companionship, and I don’t mind the messes, the only real downside is being crippled by guilt and sadness when I’m working and not actively playing with or giving attention to my guy.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dogs are easy.

I have no idea how people own cats though.

Literally every cat owner I know tells an endless stream of stories about their cats being unimaginably destructive shitheads.

“Fluffy tore down the curtains, poo poo on my pillow and chewed off my baby’s nose yesterday, what a stinker, I love him!” :swoon:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeeMajors posted:

Dogs are easy.

Literally every cat owner I know tells an endless stream of stories about their cats being unimaginably destructive shitheads.

“Fluffy tore down the curtains, poo poo on my pillow and chewed off my baby’s nose yesterday, what a stinker, I love him!” :swoon:

I've had cats most of my life in some form or another, and only had one who was partially destructive (mainly would just scratch at the carpet or bite hanging things) because she was a feral at one point that got tamed and would get bored easily. The rest usually sleep on the couch, eat, and then jump on my lap for cuddles. Or prowl around in my kitchen looking for any scraps that fell off while I was cooking.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

LeeMajors posted:

Dogs are easy.

I have had at least one cat in my life at any given time for 30 years, and the most one of them has done, destruction-wise, is one cat tore up one particular chair. People just think you can't discipline a cat. You can. It's a $5 squirt bottle between you and peace.

The one we have now doesn't even bite or claw at you.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This discussion reminds me of the hilarious cat training product that was just a bottle with a motion sensor that would shoot some compressed air out if you got close to it.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Sounds more like a cat torture device.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
Cats are nice. Dogs are nice.

I'd love to have a dog but I really would like to have a house with a yard (normal fence or invisible) so that if for what ever reason I can't take the dog out for a long walk I can at least let it run around in the yard / toss a ball around for it to chase.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Dogs make sense and cats do not. For example, our cat has decided that his favorite place to lay is squeezing his body in between the toilet and the all. There is a vent there, so that sort of makes sense. But there are vents all over the apartment and he is terrified of them. So now when pissing or making GBS threads I have a cat staring at me the whole time.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I knew as soon as I hit post there would be an instantaneous notallcats response.

I’m sure privately the relationships are rewarding, it’s just hilarious how the stories are just always endearing to the owner, and horrifying for me, the listener.

Like even on AFV the ‘funny’ cat videos are them scratching the loving poo poo out of people or just knocking tons of poo poo off shelves from up high or falling off things and destroying them.

Dogs can be destructive as poo poo too, but the owners never portray it as cute.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
My friend had a super rear end in a top hat cat who we think died purposefully the morning of his wedding just to gently caress with him

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Lol this exact thought entered my mind this very morning.

I am fascinated.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

Explain this to me like I’m five please.

Did some Reddit dork just make a post saying “lul wouldn’t it be fun if we all invested in GameStop”?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I woke up today with a massive loving headache and started throwing up. I haven’t had alcohol in like a year, so what’s wrong with me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Grittybeard posted:

This discussion reminds me of the hilarious cat training product that was just a bottle with a motion sensor that would shoot some compressed air out if you got close to it.

Thats an ssscat, its more to prevent cats from going into places they shouldn't be. I have one that I've used when my cat was jumping on the kitchen counter at night.