Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Hello, we interrupt the current libs-are-poo poo fest to bring you, my new goddaughter Letizia! She was born last night in Italy and sadly I wasn't able to visit this year thanks to covid. :smith:

congratulations! so what aspect of climate change do you think will claim her in the end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

platzapS posted:

Peaceful transfer of power prevents civil war, which at this point the left would not win.

the left isn’t winning now, no reason to jump in front of bullets meant for dems.

if the libs wanna avoid the fasc putting them against the wall they can send out the 2k they promised

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is the Section 3 of Article 1 of the US Constitution:

the bolded part is the Senate's role in trying impeachments

the underlined part is the specific section of the penalties associated with a conviction of an impeached official

there is a school of thought in interpreting that final paragraph that the requirement of a two-third concurrence only applies to removal from office, but that the disqualification to hold office can be implemented with a simple majority vote

this specific interpretation has been used three times: 1862 against judge West Humphreys, 1913 against Robert Archibald, and 2010 against Thomas Porteous

that said, in these three cases, there were always enough Senate votes both to pass the two-thirds threshold for removal from office, AND for the simple majority supposedly needed for a permanent ban from holding public office. It's never put to the test in a scenario where an impeached official's trial would result in a Senate that doesn't have the two-thirds vote, but does have a simple majority, though I suppose in the case of Trump it also wouldn't matter that the former couldn't pass

This ambiguity is absolutely the backstory to a future armed civil conflict.

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

I know we all hate him now but I can't stop lol'ing over how Sanders has done more direct good by capitalizing on slouching in a chair than the entirety of the democratic party has done since the election

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1353750473686331393

sam seder is perhaps the whiniest dude ever born

lol you try winning a debate against someone that from a physical appearance is 90% mouth

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

zegermans posted:

lol you try winning a debate against someone that from a physical appearance is 90% mouth
:chloe:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

not giving small, likely immigrant run grocery stores my money because uhhh i’m being ANTI racist

don't racistly support the korean market down the road by buying their really good kimchi, instead send the Waltons more money by buying the bad kimchi at walmart at grossly inflated prices

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

zegermans posted:

Non joke answer here: shut the gently caress up zegermans

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

This is the Section 3 of Article 1 of the US Constitution:

the bolded part is the Senate's role in trying impeachments

the underlined part is the specific section of the penalties associated with a conviction of an impeached official

there is a school of thought in interpreting that final paragraph that the requirement of a two-third concurrence only applies to removal from office, but that the disqualification to hold office can be implemented with a simple majority vote

this specific interpretation has been used three times: 1862 against judge West Humphreys, 1913 against Robert Archibald, and 2010 against Thomas Porteous

that said, in these three cases, there were always enough Senate votes both to pass the two-thirds threshold for removal from office, AND for the simple majority supposedly needed for a permanent ban from holding public office. It's never put to the test in a scenario where an impeached official's trial would result in a Senate that doesn't have the two-thirds vote, but does have a simple majority, though I suppose in the case of Trump it also wouldn't matter that the former couldn't pass

I can't read that Article as requiring less than 2/3s for the conviction of Impeachments, which include 1) actions for removal, and 2) actions for disbarment.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

shut the gently caress up zegermans bjg is easily the second most attractive host of bad faith podcast

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I will go KHive cultist but for BJG, I get it now, I love Big Brother, I love Slay Queen.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Cerebral Bore posted:

it's almost like the dogged insistence from the elites that the us election system is perfect and infallible because their old austerity rapist beat the other old austerity rapist by the narrowest of margins is extremely loving dangerous and shortsighted

There is an argument that austerity rapists running the US have been reduced by half by weight.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Post Ironic Cereal posted:

I know we all hate him now but I can't stop lol'ing over how Sanders has done more direct good by capitalizing on slouching in a chair than the entirety of the democratic party has done since the election

charity does little more than prop up a horrific and corrupt system that brutalizes human life for profit

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

President of the DSA Nick Mullen, President of FTV Jimmy Dore.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Taintrunner posted:

charity does little more than prop up a horrific and corrupt system that brutalizes human life for profit

dont you loving think about doing charity!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

dont you loving think about doing charity!

https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/1041774778439352320?lang=en

(spoiler alert: he died soon after)

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

hey so why the gently caress haven’t those clowns in congress loving paid me yet?

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

zegermans posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/leslieleeiii/status/1353758945849061396

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I feel like the takes from this cat account got incredibly lovely over the past few months

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

i did meals on wheels for a while when i still could. sorry if i propped up the corrupt system.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

There are, in fact, many paths to activism.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I wish I was as powerful as Dore or Glen in breaking liberal brains

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Hello, we interrupt the current libs-are-poo poo fest to bring you, my new goddaughter Letizia! She was born last night in Italy and sadly I wasn't able to visit this year thanks to covid. :smith:

It's important to celebrate small bundles of joy in such :smith: times.

Congrats!

Cpt_Obvious has issued a correction as of 19:15 on Jan 25, 2021

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

World War Mammories posted:

I feel like the takes from this cat account got incredibly lovely over the past few months

Animal name twitter accounts, historically, tend towards centrism for some reason

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

really queer Christmas posted:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Congratulations!

We fight for a better world

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Once these freaks decided voting for biden was okay everything inside them broke

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

I followed them during the primary but FTV broke their brain hard.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

giving puerto rico statehood might be a hosed up thing to do, itd make it way harder for them to make a clean break for independence once america collapses

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Does anyone have the AOC tweet where she argues for symbolic votes?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Animal name twitter accounts, historically, tend towards centrism for some reason

Weirdly I thought that particular cat was a Sanders partisan in the before covid times.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Dolphin posted:

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1349186664502087680?s=19

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Dolphin posted:

https://twitter.com/dianebullock/status/1338192429921529856

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoomTrainPhD posted:

she’s adorable, congratulations! :cheersbird:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1353774179556990976?s=19

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

i didn't care for dore or bri that much before but the amount of lib brain destruction they have wrought leaves me no choice but to stan

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

DoomTrainPhD posted:

wanna boop that snoot op

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/TwitterSupport/status/1353766523664531459?s=20

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
reports but we swear we'll actually pay attention to them this time