Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

It's really stupid that companionship XP gets wasted if you run with the drat main character. Make it so they can transfer whatever XP they get to someone else or something.

I put Jean in the Genshin equivalent of "bond jail" now unless I'm doing something that I know will be difficult (she's the only character I currently have at 10). I've been using Bennet in the healer spot. Once he gets maxed (which won't be for quite a while; I think he's only 6 or something now) I might try Diona or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Crud, 20 rep points away from getting the portable teleporter and Mondstadt treasure finder. Gotta hope I finally unlock the Equivalent Exchange quest sometime this week or I'm SOL until next week.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

S.J. posted:

C15 Beidou what's up

Speaking of Beidou, I was messing around with some characters I haven't used before and noticed that Beidou appears to be the only 4* claymore user whose charge attack isn't spinning.

I also noticed that she has the coolest claymore auto-attacks.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

What’s the fastest easiest way to get up on this cliff because I’m going to have an aneurysm if I have to climb and fall again. God gently caress this bounty location.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Climb up from the side.

I'm done with all reputation rewards and stuff, is there any point in doing requests and bounties anymore outside of getting BP?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's a nice little chunk of mora

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Boris Galerkin posted:

What’s the fastest easiest way to get up on this cliff because I’m going to have an aneurysm if I have to climb and fall again. God gently caress this bounty location.

The cliffs are designed that there's always a shorter climb on one side. Just keep running to the right of it until you see shorter cliffs.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Boris Galerkin posted:

I've seen an updraft in the vicinity sometimes, but I think it only appears if you get a daily commission there. I feel you on the bounty thing; IIRC there was one day where I got three in a row there and it was the absolute worst.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Oh boy. Finally found a Cryo goblet to replace my mediocre one! Didn't get the best rolls, but still a significant DPS bump. Unfortunately, I lose a noticeable bit of ER and the ironic flavor.

I also realized I'd been sitting on an unleveled gladiator plume that could potentially be better than my current one. Its substats turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.

I think this 4-piece set is gonna be as good as it gets for quite a while. Not that I'm complaining.

:getin:

That perfect 100 EM is also pretty satisfying.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

I think this 4-piece set is gonna be as good as it gets for quite a while. Not that I'm complaining.
Nice to see the beneficence of our lord and savior RNGesus, that flower is just :eyepop:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

And for a DPS test, my cleanest 4-golem clear ever

https://i.imgur.com/p6wAptW.mp4
Still haven't leveled anything past 80 :smug:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Republicans posted:

Crud, 20 rep points away from getting the portable teleporter and Mondstadt treasure finder. Gotta hope I finally unlock the Equivalent Exchange quest sometime this week or I'm SOL until next week.

I have maxed out rep, 100% exploration, and every quest except that one completed. I looked it up and it's supposed to start it in the monstadt cathedral, but the fatui npc doesn't offer it. is there a commission tied to it or something?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yes, you need to get a commission from him before the quest unlocks

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gandlethorpe posted:

And for a DPS test, my cleanest 4-golem clear ever

https://i.imgur.com/p6wAptW.mp4
Still haven't leveled anything past 80 :smug:

Why'd you run by that butterfly without picking it up

I can't cope with videos where people run by things without picking them up

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

gandlethorpe posted:

So I finally got a good Chongyun going, I was running Melt with Xiangling instead of Vaporize. I think the big thing I should do is use Qiqi or Diona for energy, resonance, and another ice applicator for swirl. I use XQ with Diluc in Abyss but everything else I use him with Chongus instead of Xiang because XQ owns.

I'm running lvl 90 R1 Serpent Spine, I also have an R3 Prototype Animus and an R1 Skyward Pride.

I recently switched to 2 glad/2 noblesse because in Abyss I wasn't autoattacking as much but after seeing your animation I may run 4 glad for overworld. My weak artifact is the circlet, I just have had no luck there.

If I can figure out how to make those imgur videos from PS5 I may post one but here are my stats atm:

Not sure what I should improve, if I swap off Serpent Spine I have to go with a crit rate circlet atm and that puts me at 78% crit damage. Both the gladiator pieces are weak, if I could get some more crit there I really feel like this guy could take off.

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 25, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

fwiw Qiqi doesn't generate any energy so you'd want Diona as your resonance/battery

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I’m trying to finish up Dragonspine and found a floating light thing on the side of the mountain around here:

It just disappeared when I touched it and I have no idea what to google for. Anyone know what this was?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Well poo poo, that explains why you're critting so much and so hard in all of your videos. And tangentially why my Diluc's attacks are so mediocre as well. 23.4% CR and 73.8% CDMG

Hopefully I'll see a CDMG hat sometime in February.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’m trying to finish up Dragonspine and found a floating light thing on the side of the mountain around here:

It just disappeared when I touched it and I have no idea what to google for. Anyone know what this was?

I ran into the same thing, some people in discord said it was supposed to make a new one spawn further down the mountain and you go follow the trail to a chest or something but it didn't work for me after a bunch of tries so I gave up, probably bugged (or not actually supposed to be in the game, since ive seen nothing like it anywhere else)

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Your artifacts are great for melt burst, but not so much for autoattacking. Honestly, your setup probably works just fine in overworld because your burst should be strong enough to kill most things easily. If you really want to run attack-focused gladiator's, though, you should probably try to get more CRIT stats and less ER/EM.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

So this weekend I logged in to find that someone had hacked my account and blown all my saved gems/stardust on standard banner rolls. Googling shows this is apparently a pretty prevalent issue with this game right now, since there's no actual security around anyone just logging into your account with an email/password from anywhere. Lots of posts on Reddit about the same thing happening to people, and some claims of hackers messing with their display name/signatures as well. Supposedly if you have an email account/any other account linked that they can't get access to then they can't actually steal the account but will gently caress with things just for the hell of it. Or maybe there is some way to steal the account and the hacker does rolls to see if they get anything sellable? But that seems unlikely here because I have a pretty advanced account at AR 48 with multiple developed 5*s.

I contacted Mihoyo support and they gave me a nothing answer saying I can't get refunded (which I don't even care about, that's not the point of me contacting them about getting hacked), and changed my password. But ehhhhh it's hard for me to want to keep playing at this point. It's not even about the resources that were lost or anything, just the idea that someone could just hack the account and destroy all my items or something.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ultima66 posted:

So this weekend I logged in to find that someone had hacked my account and blown all my saved gems/stardust on standard banner rolls. Googling shows this is apparently a pretty prevalent issue with this game right now, since there's no actual security around anyone just logging into your account with an email/password from anywhere. Lots of posts on Reddit about the same thing happening to people, and some claims of hackers messing with their display name/signatures as well. Supposedly if you have an email account/any other account linked that they can't get access to then they can't actually steal the account but will gently caress with things just for the hell of it. Or maybe there is some way to steal the account and the hacker does rolls to see if they get anything sellable? But that seems unlikely here because I have a pretty advanced account at AR 48 with multiple developed 5*s.

I contacted Mihoyo support and they gave me a nothing answer saying I can't get refunded (which I don't even care about, that's not the point of me contacting them about getting hacked), and changed my password. But ehhhhh it's hard for me to want to keep playing at this point. It's not even about the resources that were lost or anything, just the idea that someone could just hack the account and destroy all my items or something.

Do you sign in with your email address? Have you ever used that password anywhere else?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Do you sign in with your email address? Have you ever used that password anywhere else?

My account is linked to my email address/phone number and the password was previously my password I use for random unimportant poo poo.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Ultima66 posted:

My account is linked to my email address/phone number and the password was previously my password I use for random unimportant poo poo.

That's how they got your password. If you've ever used that email address for random unimportant poo poo, then they now have your email and password for everywhere you've used that password/email address. They got into my ebay account because I did the same thing, and forgot that I even had an ebay account when I started securing my passwords.

There is a huge lists of sites where they will automate a program to see if they can gain access. Online accounts are popular because they can screw around with them, and law enforcement doesn't really care.

Also, don't be surprised if they sign you up for every junk mail site from every language in the world. The spam helps them cover their tracks for notifications of what they do.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I set my Genshin account up with a Genshin specific gmail that's only used for that and run my password as randomly generated through bitwarden.

Got tired of seeing stories like these so I swapped everything over. I dunno if it works or is safer, but it's not attached to literally anything else I do.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Saxophone posted:

I set my Genshin account up with a Genshin specific gmail that's only used for that and run my password as randomly generated through bitwarden.

Got tired of seeing stories like these so I swapped everything over. I dunno if it works or is safer, but it's not attached to literally anything else I do.

I used a username (not email) and a password unique to genshin impact only

(same with SA :thumbsup:)

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009

Saxophone posted:

Yes, this works and is much safer than reusing passwords. Password reuse is actually one of the worst things you can do for your security, because it just means one service has to get breached for all of your accounts to be compromised. It doesn't matter how strong the password is if a random forum is storing it in plaintext.

Everyone should use a password manager and use it to make unique & strong passwords for every account they care even slightly about.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Yeah it'd be cool if Mihoyo supported proper 2FA in some fashion considering how much real world money is tied up in some of these accounts, but "use a unique, random, strong password" is a completely sufficient strategy to not get hacked.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Ytlaya posted:

Speaking of Beidou, I was messing around with some characters I haven't used before and noticed that Beidou appears to be the only 4* claymore user whose charge attack isn't spinning.

I also noticed that she has the coolest claymore auto-attacks.

Yeah, hitting a max parry into her charge attack, with or without ult, is a lot of damage and looks baller as gently caress

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Ultima66 posted:

https://haveibeenpwned.com

If you reuse your passwords then what happened is one of the sites you signed up for got breached and there’s a zip file floating around somewhere for free/sale containing emails and known passwords that you’re in. They plugged in an email/password on the list and managed to log in.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

So as long as you have 2 factor on your phone or something reusing passwords is fine right?

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

So as long as you have 2 factor on your phone or something reusing passwords is fine right?

This game doesn't have proper 2FA which is why this is happening to people. You don't need 2FA to log in to the account and roll and do whatever you would while logged in normally. You probably do need 2FA to actually change the password/linked accounts.

Also yes I know I'm supposed to use a password manager and the preaching is not saying anything that people don't already know.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i noticed the other day when i had my VPN on while playing they were rejecting my credit card until i turned it off, which im guessing was me tripping whatever protection they have against people buying stolen accounts and then whaling on them (presumably people losing the account and then charging back.)

it didn't seem to work very well though if that is the case though, since my VPN is only putting me one city over from where i currently live. i pretty regularly play with in on, but i haven't had it on when making a purchase before.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
If you want to be super paranoid about password safety, you can use unique correct horse battery staple passwords (with caps/numbers/symbols substituted in, of course) for everything and keep password hints in the manager instead. I use hints that look like real passwords, but are written to remind me of the real phrase and what my substitutions are.

If you want to be super-super paranoid (like me) you can keep these hints written down on a little piece of paper instead of in a digital manager. :v:

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Slime Garden:

- Very cute.
- Geo slime wouldn't use the trampoline until I got the anemo slime to watch.
- Good music.
- Runs well in Chrome on Android.
- Don't need to run it in-game.
- A+ cuter than last web event.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
Will Jean as a support burst / VV res shredder get more mileage out of a festering desire more than my Bennet (ult bot / heals / atk buff)? The other will just get a favonius sword.

The desire’s weapon effect should go well with Jeans ATK scaling kit I think but still building her up.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Heran Bago posted:

Slime Garden:

- Very cute.
- Geo slime wouldn't use the trampoline until I got the anemo slime to watch.
- Good music.
- Runs well in Chrome on Android.
- Don't need to run it in-game.
- A+ cuter than last web event.

Does this actually have rewards? I've never gotten any ingame notifications about it and forgot to follow the link when it got posted in the thread.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Cattail Prophet posted:

Does this actually have rewards? I've never gotten any ingame notifications about it and forgot to follow the link when it got posted in the thread.

Yeah, the usual stuff. If you can clean out the shop (I haven't done the math) it's like 90 primos, 5 hero books, 25 weapon crystals, and 100k mora. You have to visit a few mihoyo community sites and log into the actual game, but otherwise it's just clicking around in menus for a few minutes.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Mang Tomas posted:

Will Jean as a support burst / VV res shredder get more mileage out of a festering desire more than my Bennet (ult bot / heals / atk buff)? The other will just get a favonius sword.

The desire’s weapon effect should go well with Jeans ATK scaling kit I think but still building her up.

I build my Bennet as pure support with all energy recharge and hp stats and Noblesse four piece so I run him with Favonius. Jean gets better use out of festering desire for me since I run her with lots of attack so her e hits hard and buffing it is bonus.

But if you build Bennet more as a support dps then festering desire is great on him since he can do some good dps with his E.

So kind of depends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mang Tomas posted:

personally i'd give Bennett whatever has highest atk, so in this case Festering.

Cattail Prophet posted:

yes, you purchase the rewards with the tickets you earn (slime present button) and it gets mailed to you in-game. you have to somewhat tediously claim each individual item/stack they send you though, no option for multi-buying the stacks of primos/mora/etc.

e: kinda made that read weirdly, you have to buy each thing individually (maybe mora is different, i haven't tried that yet) but ofc in-game you can Claim All on the flood of mails you get that have the individual stacks

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jan 26, 2021