Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

That's....actually awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Knormal posted:

There was an official Bumblebee movie Soundwave?

It was an Energon Igniters toy. I think it might actually be more of an homage to Shattered Glass Soundwave that was designed as an Ironhide repaint.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
HOLY poo poo WIZARD VAN SOUNDWAVE

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
What does the boom box turn into?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The most important feature of Soundwave is his ability to store other robots in his chest, followed by the fact that he was a plain old appliance. The tech industry's war against physical media makes that hard to deal with, but I guess you can try with USB drives and SD cards. One incarnation tried doing cybertronian minidisks.

Cybertron Soundwave had an interesting take where he was a stealth jet and Laserbeak and his guns transformed into hexagonal bombs.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

banned from Starbucks posted:

Rattrap a tiny dude

What do you two think you are, Decepticons??

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

It could be interesting (though completely impractical for a toy) to have a version of Soundwave that incorporates his minions into his character more - maybe something like Reedman from TF2 where he's actually the gestalt of a bunch of smaller robots that turn into different consumer electronics.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Robot Style posted:

It could be interesting (though completely impractical for a toy) to have a version of Soundwave that incorporates his minions into his character more - maybe something like Reedman from TF2 where he's actually the gestalt of a bunch of smaller robots that turn into different consumer electronics.

Oh that could be extremely hype. He could still have something like The Voice but it'd be the voices of all his individual components going "WE ARE SOUNDWAVE"

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Stop coming up with novel concepts guys this brand is for repeating things you remember from childhood

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
What you really need to do is have Soundwave just wear all of his buddies as armor like Prime did. Ravage would make a killer backpack, Rumble and Frenzy would pair well as shoulder pads, lazerbeak is the chest piece

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Burkion posted:

What you really need to do is have Soundwave just wear all of his buddies as armor like Prime did. Ravage would make a killer backpack, Rumble and Frenzy would pair well as shoulder pads, lazerbeak is the chest piece

This is a fun idea. We already have weaponizers. Swords, hammers, shields etc. Why not a few armor pieces too.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The MSJ posted:

There's apparently a 3rd party Bumblebee Movie Soundwave that transforms coming, but the alt mode is yet unrevealed.

Edit:

The details on the crotch look a lot like the grill of the FoC Soundwave's van/truck mode. My guess is that with maybe a kludged boom box/tape player mode as a bonus.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

DisposableHero posted:

This is a fun idea. We already have weaponizers. Swords, hammers, shields etc. Why not a few armor pieces too.
I was wondering why they never did that with Junkions, like, a few peg holes for armor and you could sell them as army builders via swapping pieces around.

Then again maybe that's like Junkion DLC or something

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Spiderdrake posted:

I was wondering why they never did that with Junkions, like, a few peg holes for armor and you could sell them as army builders via swapping pieces around.

Then again maybe that's like Junkion DLC or something

I'd buy it!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Soundwave as a hivemind/combiner would be amazing.

So; Rattrap, Kingdom Baby Prime, Vertebreak, and Cheetor arrived from Pulse.

Rattrap is good. You hardly notice he needs a little fiddling to get his arms above his head, on a figure that tiny and posable it's completely forgivable.

Baby Prime's hip skirts annoy me way less in person, guess what, Hasbro Clancy mis-transformed that one's butt a little bit. It's tiny, though, so I can see that happening! Makes a cool robot but gappy truck.

Vertebreak is... good. I don't understand whay she's classified as a Fossilizer, she has a weapon for her tail but so does Cheetor. Just a zombie whatever it is she is.

Cheetor is pretty good, I like him. I snapped his ankle at the Achilles heel while tilting it the first time though, so be careful. I was able to squirt a little superglue in the crack and there is no visible damage despite the pin being totally clear of the plastic due to the snap before the mend.

Pretty good tolerances on all the Kingdom figures so far, I did have to work Vertie's mouth open and thought I was going to break it like Cheetor's ankle, but I think carefully working it open the first time avoided the problem I could have avoided with Cheetor.

Come on Pulse, just ship already.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Is it worth it to buy one of those big honking IDW collections if I want to try reading the comics? Maybe the phase one collection one. They’re kinda pricy, but I can get some decent discounts at my work.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I would normally recommend starting with Phase 2 but honestly, the non-James Roberts side of Phase 2+3 gets insanely good and draws on a lot of phase 1 continuity in sicknasty ways, so why not start from the beginning? it's only 13+ years of comics.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The Humble Bundle has the whole thing for like $15 or whatever the "get everything" amount is every so often if you keep your eye out.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The MSJ posted:

It was an Energon Igniters toy. I think it might actually be more of an homage to Shattered Glass Soundwave that was designed as an Ironhide repaint.

God drat that is awesome. I wish we got a better version of that design somewhere, that would be a much better Cyberverse Soundwave than the kind of generic armored van thing we got.

Lodin posted:

What does the boom box turn into?
I think it's a simplified version of this guy, that's a deep cut.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The Humble Bundle has the whole thing for like $15 or whatever the "get everything" amount is every so often if you keep your eye out.

Yeah, just wait for another Humble Bundle. Either that or just pirate the poo poo. Nobody cares and the creators aren't getting any of the money.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, this one was good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wZX0YlMbIc

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Looks like Unicron will start shipping out on Monday.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/TFsource/status/1354122706363576321

Oh nice. I didn't know Dinobot came with the Golden Discs. Time to get all Shakespearean up on my toy shelf.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Looks like Unicron will start shipping out on Monday.

I'm prepared.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Today I learned that tfwiki has a section on Animorphs.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Category:Animorphs_franchise

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Dawgstar posted:

Oh nice. I didn't know Dinobot came with the Golden Discs. Time to get all Shakespearean up on my toy shelf.
Loving the Kenner Jurassic Park throwback

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Dawgstar posted:

oh my goodness he's gorgeous and I pray I get a Grimlock repaint

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dawgstar posted:

That dino-butt looks a lot better than the stock photography. Maybe it's the angle.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sto0kBeExmY

I'm sure I passed up a chance to get this guy, or maybe I'm thinking of Lugnut. Hope someone listens about TP support for Animated, especially since Prime's anniversary was marked and Animated's wasn't.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BizarroAzrael posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sto0kBeExmY

I'm sure I passed up a chance to get this guy, or maybe I'm thinking of Lugnut. Hope someone listens about TP support for Animated, especially since Prime's anniversary was marked and Animated's wasn't.

It was never available in the US and sells for stupid money. Repugnus is right.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Yeah that was a Takara exclusive, it was always a couple hundred when I looked.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw a loose one missing a piece sell for $190 a few years ago at the peak of my Animated collecting.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sockser posted:

oh my goodness he's gorgeous and I pray I get a Grimlock repaint

We are apparently getting one for Selects.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dawgstar posted:

I'm not fond of the little nub of purple sword sticking out the end of his tail... pretty friggin spectacular otherwise though

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Dawgstar posted:

I don't think he does, those look like actual metal. I could be wrong.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Would be sweet as hell if he did tho. Otherwise I'm diggin out some Sacagawea dollars from 20 years ago

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Oh hey, someone made an a MP Arcee fix that smooths her chest a little bit and another that gets rid of most of her backpack. I'd take just the chest filler, personally, though I will be just fine if one is never made available. Not to brag, but one time I saw a lady with no bra in a tank top.

https://tformers.com/transformers-masterpiece-mp-51-arcee-fixed-chest-custom/39856/news.html

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Finally got these two together.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

SlothfulCobra posted:

Today I learned that tfwiki has a section on Animorphs.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Category:Animorphs_franchise

The most recent Generations Book that covers from Beast Wars through the CR/RID era also has a few pages on Animorphs and it turns out the books also got translated into Japanese, or at the least the first one did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

Finally got these two together.

It's a drama for the ages!