Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Edit: already posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Would Miami not just draft that Sewell guy? I think they'd like to protect Tua, and their running game looks like it has potential

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Would Miami not just draft that Sewell guy? I think they'd like to protect Tua, and their running game looks like it has potential

No we called dibbs.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
With apologies to Bengals fans, they might well

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

I wouldn't rule it out, but they drafted a LT in the 1st and RT in the 2nd last year.

The LT looked typical rookie bad, so there's a potential decision to be made there, but he isn't the logical guy to switch to Guard- it's the RT who looked like he might be really good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

can i have whatever one of them you don't want

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

The good news is that we already have a ton of early draft capital and can address the lack of skill talent and the lovely running game early in this draft.

We could double down on pass catchers, grab our favorite OL and a RB all by the second round lol

And we might have even more picks if somebody wants to trade up to 3 for a QB :haw:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

I wouldn't rule it out, but they drafted a LT in the 1st and RT in the 2nd last year.

The LT looked typical rookie bad, so there's a potential decision to be made there, but he isn't the logical guy to switch to Guard- it's the RT who looked like he might be really good.

We’re somewhat stuck and it’s why we can’t justify drafting him. Only last case scenario and you’re stuck at 3.

And the problem there is it almost assuredly means you’re benching either a promising rookie OR your highest graded lineman from last year who costs 10mm a year and you can’t feasibly cut him
Until 2022

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ehud posted:

The good news is that we already have a ton of early draft capital and can address the lack of skill talent and the lovely running game early in this draft.

We could double down on pass catchers, grab our favorite OL and a RB all by the second round lol

And we might have even more picks if somebody wants to trade up to 3 for a QB :haw:

I thought Gaskin looked good, I assume you feel its a case of small sample size or that he's more suited to be a 3rd down back?

Amy Pole Her posted:

We’re somewhat stuck and it’s why we can’t justify drafting him. Only last case scenario and you’re stuck at 3.

And the problem there is it almost assuredly means you’re benching either a promising rookie OR your highest graded lineman from last year who costs 10mm a year and you can’t feasibly cut him
Until 2022

I guess you could trade down if someone really needs OL help, lord knows there's plenty of teams who do.

Gonna be weird to watch the Pats pick high.

I wonder if the Niners aren't also thinking QB. Jimmy is....not worth the money.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jan 24, 2021

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

I thought Gaskin looked good, I assume you feel its a case of small sample size or that he's more suited to beva 3rd down back?

He's fine, but it's a position we could get better at and have no one under contract beyond next year.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I think you've got an interesting dynamic w/ OL in this draft where so much of the league is trying to run outside zone as their bread and butter, but there's really a limited number of prospects early in the draft who support that kind of stuff. You've got a couple of tackles(and a lot of those guys are just lean and athletic and not particularly powerful more than genuinely good OZ guys), and the interior is pretty much just Vera-Tucker. You might very well have a situation where the bulk of the early talent in the draft(Sewell, Darrisaw, Slater, Vera-Tucker, Mayfield???) is gone before the playoff teams even start picking. A lot of these teams are gonna be interested in finding a Center who can take advantage of how often they're uncovered, and I'm not even sure you've got one there, most of the smaller guys are typical "eh he's a good technician" levels of undersized and unathletic.

Conversely, you might end up having a lot of value for the handful of teams that are really driven by downhill power concepts and condensed pass protection splits. Maybe someone like Deonte Brown ends up getting some cross-scheme attention and convince someone he can be like Brandon Brooks, but a lot of these guys are just pure phone booth guys.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Wyatt Davis owns

Then again OSU linemen have underwhelmed in the pros for a while now

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Offensive line might have 3 or 4 of the most talent poor positions in the entire NFL.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wyatt Davis owns

Then again OSU linemen have underwhelmed in the pros for a while now

He fits my mold for every interior linemen OSU has put out for a while of "murderous bastard when pulling/run blocking, forgets what he's doing on 20% of pass sets but is so big/fast he got away with it". Price was the same way. It's part of why Elflein, Mewhort, and Jordan were relative bargains because they were the same dude but cheaper and have had time to work on passing technique because they're not blowing their bench press muscles out every other week. Decker was a solid T prospect, but we really haven't had a fantastic T prospect since, with Jamarco projecting at a RT/G.

The depth at O-line right now though at OSU is going to be fascinating to watch the next few drafts. They might put Bama levels of O-line into the league if they develop.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1353824970435162112?s=19

No come on, that's not a real name

What's the real name

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1353824970435162112?s=19

No come on, that's not a real name

What's the real name

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That's a loving football name.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Which obscure Harry Potter character is he named for?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Eifert Posting posted:

That's a loving football name.

No this is a goddamn football name

https://twitter.com/Tuf_Borland/status/1338224841988730887?s=20

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Eh.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ok how about

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

owner of the deommodore deommadome

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Smoke Monday is pretty good

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kiper released his first mock and lol.

quote:

1. Jacksonville - Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
2. NY Jets - DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama
3. Miami - Ja'Marr Chase, WR, LSU
4. Atlanta - Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
5. Cincinnati - Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
6. Philadelphia - Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama
7. Detroit - Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State
8. Carolina - Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State
9. Denver - Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
10. Dallas - Rashawn Slater, OL, Northwestern
11. NY Giants - Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida
12. San Francisco - Patrick Surtain, CB, Alabama
13. LA Chargers - Christian Darrisaw, OT, Virginia Tech
14. Minnesota - Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC
15. New England - Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
16. Arizona - Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech
17. Las Vegas - Jaelan Phillips, DE, Miami (FL)
18. Miami - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, ND
19. Washington - Kadarius Toney, WR, Florida
20. Chicago - Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State
21. Indianapolis - Kwity Paye, DE, Michigan
22. Tennessee - Gregory Rousseau, DE, Miami (FL)
23. NY Jets - Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina
24. Pittsburgh - Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa
25. Jacksonville - Christian Barmore, DT, Alabama
26. Cleveland - Aaron Robinson, DB, UCF
27. Baltimore - Terrace Marshall, WR, LSU
28. New Orleans - Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU
29. Green Bay - Tyson Campbell, CB, Georgia
30. Buffalo - Najee Harris, RB, Alabama
31. Tampa Bay - Joe Tryon, DE, Washington
32. Kansas City - Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I gotta say it would be really funny if the Eagles ended up with their third pick at WR in the draft despite being pick 6 this year

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Go home Mel you're drunk

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

who the hell wants to draft a LB in the first round in the year of our lord 2021

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
What are you talking about who doesn't want a star linebacker and household name like

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ehud posted:

who the hell wants to draft a LB in the first round in the year of our lord 2021

Maybe I'm talking myself into him because he feels like a Berry/Depodesta pick but Owusu looks like a modern nearly positionless LB/Big Safety. This years Isiah Simmons

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I don't think the Packers will draft CB in the first even with Kevin King likely to depart. CB seems like a position Gutekunst will address in free agency. Jaire Alexander is so good at his job that the 2CB absolutely has to be someone canny and experienced because they're going to get thrown at every other snap. Drafting a rookie, even a rookie with high potential and athletic ability, just means another 2-3 seasons of them getting up to speed.

With Rodgers getting close to the end of his career holes like these will need to be filled with quality veterans on short-term contracts.

From what I see, the Packers are more likely to draft defensive line or linebacker with their first than any other position aside from offensive tackle.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I just hope the Packers invest in DL players that aren't scrubs from Northwestern

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Micah would get 10+ sacks a year in Flores’ system he’d just be blitzing like a sheer mad man

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ehud posted:

My team does pretty much every single year :shrug:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
DeVonta Smith didn't get measured at the senior bowl which...well would have been interesting I guess.

https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/status/1354080073649950721

I mean I don't blame the guy, there seems to be exactly one knock on him and you might as well game the system as much as you can.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rectal Placenta posted:

I just hope the Packers invest in DL players that aren't scrubs from Northwestern

mods????????

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

A couple months ago I hoped DeVonta Smith would fall to the Chiefs.

A couple weeks ago I hoped Alijah Vera-Tucker would fall to the Chiefs.

#2, #14 lol

brb gonna hype Wyatt Davis into the top ten

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Fields below Trey Lance, Wilson at #4. Could give an indication of where Joe Douglas' head is at if they keep their picks.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1354106455587135488

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Fields below Trey Lance, Wilson at #4. Could give an indication of where Joe Douglas' head is at if they keep their picks.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1354106455587135488

Kyle Pitts ranked at 3 :getin:

I’ve been banging that drum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Wouldn't be surprised to see DeVonta at Miami and Chase at Philly