Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Groovelord Neato posted:

He also blatantly cheated in some speedruns (lol cheating in minecraft speedruns) I believe.

Indeed, Karl Jobst covered it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8TlTaTHgzo
In short he had a collection of speedrunning sessions (not just one) that combined had computationally impossible RNG and couldn't even be recreated by brute force.

Rocket Pan fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Apparently Contrapoints new feature length movie vid is on J.K. Rowling. It's only up for Paetrons right now, but that's just because Youtube is takeing forever to process that runtime.

Edit: Runtime: 1 hour 29 minutes. Pour youself something nice and keep the bottle.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 26, 2021

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Twincityhacker posted:

Apparently Contrapoints new feature length movie vid is on J.K. Rowling. It's only up for Paetrons right now, but that's just because Youtube is takeing forever to process that runtime.

Edit: Runtime: 1 hour 29 minutes. Pour youself something nice and keep the bottle.

This thread next week:
https://youtu.be/HUX_hrZ5mls

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That's too spicy, that's some California Reaper type of poo poo, man.

Also if you guys haven't watched Patrick's video on The O.C (which is pretty good), the end credits with an extended rambling sequence by his dad on lacrosse is awesome.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Rocket Pan posted:

Indeed, Karl Jobst covered it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8TlTaTHgzo
In short he had a collection of speedrunning sessions (not just one) that combined had computationally impossible RNG and couldn't even be recreated by brute force.

Karl Jobst is a crypto-fascist, just as an FYI.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

DoctorWhat posted:

It's come up in this thread before, and as I recall, he's been caught saying and agreeing with some horrifically racist poo poo on some fash-infested Discord servers.

Bingo:

TheFlyingLlama posted:

short answer, yes.

Long answer is that he was in the goldeneye speedrunning discord with rwhitegoose that was super loving nazi. Imgur link here, but it is pretty vile

https://imgur.com/a/X7qLRXa

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Twincityhacker posted:

Yeah, that’s too much for me. There’s like 28 minutes max to say about JK Rowling. Contrapoints had some smart things to say in her last video about cringe, but it was three times longer than it needed to be. I don’t want to spend more than half an hour thinking about JK Rowling.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

i will watch any length of video and enjoy it.

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

Vagabundo posted:

It's come up in this thread before, and as I recall, he's been caught saying and agreeing with some horrifically racist poo poo on some fash-infested Discord servers.

Bingo:

Well that sucks. Thanks for letting me know.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dias posted:

Also if you guys haven't watched Patrick's video on The O.C (which is pretty good), the end credits with an extended rambling sequence by his dad on lacrosse is awesome.

It was fantastic, yeah.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Farm Frenzy posted:

i will watch any length of video and enjoy it.
you can't skimp when it comes to results of the garfield sex survey.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

you can't skimp when it comes to results of the garfield sex survey.

There were some amazing ones buried in the middle, I’ll admit. Also the guy playing Jon seemed to do a new take for each one, which is madness but wonderful.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

For all content creators who want more viewers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej0Kijd4_4Q

I'm annoyed at this guy for figuring this out because my YouTube has started being spammed with these community update things

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Twincityhacker posted:

Just finished watching and it was one hour and fifteen minutes presenting a very compelling, methodical breakdown explaining why Rowling's tweets (and subsequent activity) were bigoted, for those who may not have really looked into it and/or not understood the dog whistles she used. It presented a detailed review of the fact that there are underlying currents of transphobia in the culture Rowling called upon, the common nature of many arguments from bigots, and how even though the abuse Rowling endured in her past may fuel her bigotry, it's still bigotry.

So I predict the internet will get set on fire over the last ten minutes where the discussion turns to the lovely trans-twitter mobs and Natalie states that they are often comprised of hurt people who need validation.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

LanceHunter posted:

Just finished watching and it was one hour and fifteen minutes presenting a very compelling, methodical breakdown explaining why Rowling's tweets (and subsequent activity) were bigoted, for those who may not have really looked into it and/or not understood the dog whistles she used. It presented a detailed review of the fact that there are underlying currents of transphobia in the culture Rowling called upon, the common nature of many arguments from bigots, and how even though the abuse Rowling endured in her past may fuel her bigotry, it's still bigotry.

So I predict the internet will get set on fire over the last ten minutes where the discussion turns to the lovely trans-twitter mobs and Natalie states that they are often comprised of hurt people who need validation.

sounds interesting. i'll have to give it a watch when it goes public.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

sounds interesting. i'll have to give it a watch when it goes public.

it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gDKbT_l2us

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Despite it being the length of a feature-length film, I really liked that ContraPoints video.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

The real drama is watching Natalie gesticulate with her iPhone in the bath. The constant tension of whether she is about to drop it into the water is agony.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I'm setting up for the video like it's movie night. Wine is open to breath, waiting for the kids to go to bed, snacks picked out.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

FFFFFFUUUUCCCCKKK.

That sucks, anyway to block him on twitter as gently caress giving him views even by accident.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm not usually gonna post Grump Out clips cause there's like 500 of them, but I will post this one because it's one of my favorite moments in the entire run of Game Grumps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QARi73k8HLg

Just constantly loving up getting the music scroll in this one Shovel Knight stage. I also love "We have a video game show that we do FOR A LIVING"

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

I was going to post something snarky about Contra Points, but I realized that would get some people mad and it would start a big dumb slap fight, so instead, let's dunk on someone everyone here agrees is a dumbass :thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/ThoughtSlime/status/1354191643356901376

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Oh it's the guy CSPAM loves because yelling impotently about M4A will get M4A done instead of organizing (Dore if people have been saved from that discourse)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Eh a lot of people hate adore there to

I know I’m one of them.
Dore the definition of a grifter

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

CharlestheHammer posted:

Eh a lot of people hate adore there to

I know I’m one of them.
Dore the definition of a grifter

No wonder Peter Coffin is defending them because Coffin is a soulless grifter too. They literally went on the Steve Harvey show to kick themself in the nuts because that's how much they're willing to embarrass themselves in order to get even the smallest bit of fame :lol:

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Also, is everyone from the Young Turks a morally bankrupt grifter? There's Dore, Dave Ruben, and even Cenk himself who refuses to let his staff unionize and dabbles in Armenian genocide denialism.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

I'm not usually gonna post Grump Out clips cause there's like 500 of them, but I will post this one because it's one of my favorite moments in the entire run of Game Grumps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QARi73k8HLg

Just constantly loving up getting the music scroll in this one Shovel Knight stage. I also love "We have a video game show that we do FOR A LIVING"

You'd think that after the 13th time I'd stop laughing at this, but you'd be wrong.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jamie Faith posted:

Also, is everyone from the Young Turks a morally bankrupt grifter? There's Dore, Dave Ruben, and even Cenk himself who refuses to let his staff unionize and dabbles in Armenian genocide denialism.

Don't forget Michael Tracey.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Jamie Faith posted:

Way back when, I remember catching a TYT livestream where the topic of the Armenian Genocide came up and Cenk kept trying to dance around it while Ana Kasparian was actively getting more and more pissed. I wish there were more active Leftist news outfits that didn't have such crummy people at the helm.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Vanderdeath posted:

Way back when, I remember catching a TYT livestream where the topic of the Armenian Genocide came up and Cenk kept trying to dance around it while Ana Kasparian was actively getting more and more pissed. I wish there were more active Leftist news outfits that didn't have such crummy people at the helm.
It feels like by the nature of the news media that it just attracts the shittiest grifters known to man

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Jamie Faith posted:

Hasan is the only one I have heard anyone actualyl like.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
geoff talks about anime fashion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh2w0dNqq-s&hd=1

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
That is easily one of the worst videos he's done, behind the Anime Meta and the Rick and Morty videos.

Jesus Christ stop staying drip.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Dore isn't a grifter, he's a dumbass. He's not smart enough to be a grifter.

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh it's the guy CSPAM loves because yelling impotently about M4A will get M4A done instead of organizing (Dore if people have been saved from that discourse)

Lol, CSPAM doesn't give a poo poo about Dore, it's dumb D&D rear end in a top hat who keep bringing him up because they don't actually have any argument against stuff like FTV. They just want an excuse for why people will keep dying and the democrats will do nothing to help them.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alacron posted:

That is easily one of the worst videos he's done, behind the Anime Meta and the Rick and Morty videos.

Jesus Christ stop staying drip.

language evolves grampa

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

swagnen drop

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

notaspy posted:

FFFFFFUUUUCCCCKKK.

That sucks, anyway to block him on twitter as gently caress giving him views even by accident.

If you like speedrun content from good people, check out Bismuth and Lowest Percent.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Anyone got good channels like Spiffing Brit and ymfah all about breaking games?

(some of the humor in ymfah's videos is a bit too 4chan for my taste so he might be a dick I don't know maybe I'm being paranoid)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

MonsieurChoc posted:

Anyone got good channels like Spiffing Brit and ymfah all about breaking games?

(some of the humor in ymfah's videos is a bit too 4chan for my taste so he might be a dick I don't know maybe I'm being paranoid)

you're gonna wanna watch every single skate 3 video on Helixsnake's channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaUR6u8nHoM&hd=1

he occasionally "bugtests" other games too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Is there anything wrong with the dude from Let's Game it Out because those are prime "let's destroy this sim game" videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCuz0pqBKb0&hd=1