Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
Do y'all have two slots in shop titans? Haven't played in a few months but got wife into for a few days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jows
May 8, 2002

We have a bunch of slots open in the Raid Boss goon alliance, Raid Goons, y'all should check it out!

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

Jows posted:

We have a bunch of slots open in the Raid Boss goon alliance, Raid Goons, y'all should check it out!

Raid Boss - Google Play

It seems like video and gameplay of this game is sparse on the internet. The game is a lot of fun and captures the feeling of being a raid leader pretty well for a mobile game. You'll train, equip, and give directions to guild members in stages and against raid bosses.

This is the Furnace Mech raid boss. He's a fairly early boss. I replaced the in game sound cause my recording app only captured my screen tapping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuiNxQjbXj0

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
There's a new fresco in hungry cat

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Majik Ninja posted:

Do y'all have two slots in shop titans? Haven't played in a few months but got wife into for a few days

Right now we have one slot open, but if we raise 700 investments for the town hall we can remove one of our inactive players. Less if whoever fills the empty slot has investments into the building

staplegun fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Jan 26, 2021

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Arms_Akimbo posted:

There's a new fresco in hungry cat

And yet again it's not loving showing up for me.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Anyone got a favourite tap-and-wait game that they're currently playing that isn't Shop Titans (just because I've played a lot of that)? You know, games where you jump in, take care of some tasks, buy a new...machine or something, restock shelves and then put it down for another 15 minutes or so.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
applied to raid goons as PORK CHOPS

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

I can be kicked from Diecast.
Getting too tempting to spend money on a dice chucker for my liking!

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Jows posted:

Applied as Friendly Fire

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004

staplegun posted:

Right now we have one slot open, but if we raise 700 investments for the town hall we can remove one of our inactive players. Less if whoever fills the empty slot has investments into the building

I've only got 200 investments and I think she's like level 20. No rush but we'd love to find something more active

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

Majik Ninja posted:

I've only got 200 investments and I think she's like level 20. No rush but we'd love to find something more active

right now we only need to make up a deficit of 325, so if you're at 200 we should make up 125 soon enough. Could you post your IDs?

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
CoryW5#63717 is mine and Brittany#50793

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
dragon quest tact is "out" (you can download the client but the servers aren't up yet)

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Jows posted:

Applied as Blackchamber

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
Has anybody figured out how to get those blue gems for crafting in Dicast?

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Signed up for dicedicebaby

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Morpheus posted:

Anyone got a favourite tap-and-wait game that they're currently playing that isn't Shop Titans (just because I've played a lot of that)? You know, games where you jump in, take care of some tasks, buy a new...machine or something, restock shelves and then put it down for another 15 minutes or so.

Have you played Merchant? It's not new and not the flashiest thing, but it still gets support and it's really good. There's a lot of strategic depth to your parties' class, skill and gear composition as the game progresses. And it's offline, which is nice.

There's a pseudo-sequel called Space Merchant, but I bounced off of it last time I tried it.

Edit: Oh, the dev has a direct sequel out now called Merchant Heroes. Will come back with a trip report after a few days.

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 30, 2021

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
OhNussy of Nussygame, creator of Buriedbornes among other games, has just put out a new semi-idle RPG called B100X on Steam, Android, and iOS.

The basic premise is that you outfit the main character, Holly, with items and skills, and then send her to auto-battle in different dungeons that impose restrictions, similar to Buriedbornes except completely automatic (Holly will use her equipped skills from left to right whenever they are off cooldown, much like Lunatic or the Frenzy condition in BB). The items and experience that enemies drop can get re-invested using a fusion system that combines the statistics of multiple weaker items together, and a branching job system that offers various passive, active, and permanent skills to further tweak your build. There's some kind of main plot with cutscenes revolving around you and Holly being tasked with exploring these endless dungeons at the behest of God (the translation, by the way, is rough around the edges, but mostly very serviceable for gameplay stuff). There seems to be quite a bit of content already with much more coming down the pipeline, planned to be based around season-based gameplay, again similar to Buriedbornes.

Looks promising, easy recommend for anyone who enjoyed Buriedbornes. If you bounced off the latter due to the tedium of actually grinding through thousands and thousands of enemies via turn-based combat, you may find this one more to your tastes (as it distills the actual gameplay loop to being about setting up a build and watching it run). Likewise those who enjoyed some of the more tense moment-to-moment decision-making in Buriedbornes may be a little disappointed. In any case I've been having a good bit of fun with it so far.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

GetDunked posted:

OhNussy of Nussygame, creator of Buriedbornes among other games, has just put out a new semi-idle RPG called B100X on Steam, Android, and iOS.

The basic premise is that you outfit the main character, Holly, with items and skills, and then send her to auto-battle in different dungeons that impose restrictions, similar to Buriedbornes except completely automatic (Holly will use her equipped skills from left to right whenever they are off cooldown, much like Lunatic or the Frenzy condition in BB). The items and experience that enemies drop can get re-invested using a fusion system that combines the statistics of multiple weaker items together, and a branching job system that offers various passive, active, and permanent skills to further tweak your build. There's some kind of main plot with cutscenes revolving around you and Holly being tasked with exploring these endless dungeons at the behest of God (the translation, by the way, is rough around the edges, but mostly very serviceable for gameplay stuff). There seems to be quite a bit of content already with much more coming down the pipeline, planned to be based around season-based gameplay, again similar to Buriedbornes.

Looks promising, easy recommend for anyone who enjoyed Buriedbornes. If you bounced off the latter due to the tedium of actually grinding through thousands and thousands of enemies via turn-based combat, you may find this one more to your tastes (as it distills the actual gameplay loop to being about setting up a build and watching it run). Likewise those who enjoyed some of the more tense moment-to-moment decision-making in Buriedbornes may be a little disappointed. In any case I've been having a good bit of fun with it so far.

thanks! been playing a bunch of this. Buriedbornes was fun and I probably would have skipped this one for how anime the icon is. I started out hunter, added a little monk for healing, but then when I got to where I could do the 2nd tier professions I didnt want to have to mix magic/physical so I started adding warrior too, might add in a few mage levels so I can get the thief passive of 10 junk per kill, seems like a good long term investment. Got up to level 60 pretty easy, but the 60 boss stumped me for a bit until I got a better weapon

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Feel free to remove Nadir from Raid Boss. It just isn't compelling me anymore.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

thanks! been playing a bunch of this. Buriedbornes was fun and I probably would have skipped this one for how anime the icon is. I started out hunter, added a little monk for healing, but then when I got to where I could do the 2nd tier professions I didnt want to have to mix magic/physical so I started adding warrior too, might add in a few mage levels so I can get the thief passive of 10 junk per kill, seems like a good long term investment. Got up to level 60 pretty easy, but the 60 boss stumped me for a bit until I got a better weapon

Always up for Nussy games. I just beat the level 100 boss (thank you, Phoenix Shield) and 200 became the new target, so this should have some long-term legs to it.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Slay the Spire just released on the Play store! $10

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I have been playing a bunch of B100X. It is a ton of fun but the translation is a bit rough. I have made some mistakes do to that or just not used resources that I had. I'm only at floor 70 but here is some stuff I learned

• Early game magic is very powerful. The 2nd area fully restores your mp each turn so go ahead put on all the strongest spells and go nuts.
  • Steel bar can be mixed with equipment that has not been mixed yet. It will enhances all of the stats expect the inherent skills. This works great for unique drops that start with a bunch of skills.
  • Evil essence works similar to steel bars. Except it limits it to 2* items or worse and doesn't work on superior items. This gives the item a ton of random abilities and tend to bump the level up to 100-200 range. This also grants it the can't be mixed tag afterwards. You do get to see what skills you will get before complete the mix.
  • The shop can sell some really powerful equipment so check it often. I managed to grab a shield that gives 30% exp and the time stop ability which is three free turns every cast
  • Void orb only remove a single level when used so respec is a pain in the butt.

I thought void orb would be a full respec so my build is a bit of mess right now. However I am really enjoying the hunter thief route all the way to ninja assassin. My end goal is a ton of attack per round with a huge amount of Final blow and critical hit. Final blow just instantly kills anything once it drops before a certain health threshold. Assassin by itself can give up to 30% Final blow and snakes can drop a amulet that gives even more. I use my steel bars on those amulets and then combine them. I currently have 10% Final blow on it.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Lowness 72 posted:

Holy poo poo, it actually happened.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Shwqa posted:

I have been playing a bunch of B100X. It is a ton of fun but the translation is a bit rough. I have made some mistakes do to that or just not used resources that I had. I'm only at floor 70 but here is some stuff I learned

• Early game magic is very powerful. The 2nd area fully restores your mp each turn so go ahead put on all the strongest spells and go nuts.
  • Steel bar can be mixed with equipment that has not been mixed yet. It will enhances all of the stats expect the inherent skills. This works great for unique drops that start with a bunch of skills.
  • Evil essence works similar to steel bars. Except it limits it to 2* items or worse and doesn't work on superior items. This gives the item a ton of random abilities and tend to bump the level up to 100-200 range. This also grants it the can't be mixed tag afterwards. You do get to see what skills you will get before complete the mix.
  • The shop can sell some really powerful equipment so check it often. I managed to grab a shield that gives 30% exp and the time stop ability which is three free turns every cast
  • Void orb only remove a single level when used so respec is a pain in the butt.

I thought void orb would be a full respec so my build is a bit of mess right now. However I am really enjoying the hunter thief route all the way to ninja assassin. My end goal is a ton of attack per round with a huge amount of Final blow and critical hit. Final blow just instantly kills anything once it drops before a certain health threshold. Assassin by itself can give up to 30% Final blow and snakes can drop a amulet that gives even more. I use my steel bars on those amulets and then combine them. I currently have 10% Final blow on it.

Thanks for that. I am having a hard time figuring out what all the symbols mean on stuff. What are the green and blue diamonds on gear?

I lost all my equipment dying too many time and then dying without hearts because I wasn't paying attention. I have decent gear again but don't know what stats I should use with what classes or abilities.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Trastion posted:

Thanks for that. I am having a hard time figuring out what all the symbols mean on stuff. What are the green and blue diamonds on gear?

I lost all my equipment dying too many time and then dying without hearts because I wasn't paying attention. I have decent gear again but don't know what stats I should use with what classes or abilities.

I'm pretty sure the diamonds mean:
Red - broken whichs slightly worse stats
Green - superior which gives slightly better stats
Blue - mean it has been mixed.

I'm pretty sure you can rebuy lost equipment at the shop. Early game I found shields to be extremely helpful. Shield fully heal between battles so slapping 30+ shields on every piece of equipment increases your chance of survival greatly.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lowness 72 posted:

Do you have a link? Either it won't work with a galaxy s8, or isn't in Canada yet.

Edit: Found it

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Lowness 72 posted:

I've never bought an android game so fast.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Shwqa posted:

I'm pretty sure the diamonds mean:
Red - broken whichs slightly worse stats
Green - superior which gives slightly better stats
Blue - mean it has been mixed.

I'm pretty sure you can rebuy lost equipment at the shop. Early game I found shields to be extremely helpful. Shield fully heal between battles so slapping 30+ shields on every piece of equipment increases your chance of survival greatly.

Yeah, shields definitely help. Eventually (around Endless level 60), you'll need some tankiness to survive the Lindworm, and if you ever see an item with Revivals: on it, grab it. You get booted out if you spend 100 rounds in combat with a single monster, so a little Penetration couldn't hurt, either.

If anyone gets past level 100 and can figure out what they were talking about regarding Runes, let us know. It's some kind of additional power source for gear that they first tell you about after you beat Endless 100, but I can't find any sign of it afterwards.

EDIT: Looks like it's Essences with (Word) after the word "Essense" instead of a level. Like "Heaven," "Dragon," "Power" and "Star." No hints as to what each one does.

delfin fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Feb 3, 2021

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Thief and Hunter are great early game as well. They both grant extra hits on permanent passive abilities. Thief give more item drops and better drops on permanent passive abilities. Hunter gives permentent dodge rate. Thief gives you an a ton of money and hunter can give you a ton of experience with equipped passive abilities.

Those are just nice to have on all builds.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Lowness 72 posted:

Over a year late and sounds like it is a pretty buggy mess. I have pretty much lost all hype I had for this release, especially at a $13 price tag. Going to sit on this a bit and see if they work out some of the issues without taking another year.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I was at one point excited for the prospect of StS on my phone but then I played Monster Train and suddenly forgot all about StS..

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

GB_Sign posted:

Over a year late and sounds like it is a pretty buggy mess. I have pretty much lost all hype I had for this release, especially at a $13 price tag. Going to sit on this a bit and see if they work out some of the issues without taking another year.

I haven't had any bugs? I could see the need for some QOL things, like a Loot All or the ability to see the card you're moving better, but so far it's just like PC.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Lowness 72 posted:

It appears to be region limited .... Can't see it in Australia

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Searching the Play store still doesn't show it for some reason. Try the direct link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.humble.SlayTheSpire

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

New Leaf posted:

I haven't had any bugs? I could see the need for some QOL things, like a Loot All or the ability to see the card you're moving better, but so far it's just like PC.

Most of the issues I have seen so far have been text size, lag/response issues when dragging cards, unable to leave/buy things/trash cards in the shop, unable to view details on the card (card half off screen). I am on a Pixel 2 so along with waiting for some of these issues to be sorted, I am going to wait till some more reviews are out by other people that have this phone since it is getting up there in years and I can see it running this poorly.

Funktor
May 17, 2009

Burnin' down the disco floor...
Fear the wrath of the mighty FUNKTOR!
Been playing B100X and it's great fun. I'm running a Berserker build with backup Hunter/Thief/Samurai. Currently pushing past ~150 depth.

Could do without the weird anime poo poo but the gameplay is fantastic. I'll let y'all know if I figure out any runewords.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Funktor posted:

Been playing B100X and it's great fun. I'm running a Berserker build with backup Hunter/Thief/Samurai. Currently pushing past ~150 depth.

Could do without the weird anime poo poo but the gameplay is fantastic. I'll let y'all know if I figure out any runewords.

I'm running a assassin berserker and it has been a blast. Dealing over 1k with a critical and a 50% chance to critical. And anything dies if it hits 50% health.

I found a shield piercing axe that I'm gonna need to get up to speed and I'm sure I'll be blasting ahead.

Also you can turn off the anime.

Edit: I got my axe and one shot the level 200 boss :stare:

Assassin might be bugged. Hidden body is supposed to give "Invisible" for three turns after a kill, but it gives "Invincible". I'm not sure if there is a difference but stuff like poison won't hurt you for the first three turn.

Edit2: Cool I nearly one shot the floor 300 boss... just to find out reflect works post-mortem and works with final blow damage. I hit myself for nearly 2,000 damage. Literal :suicide:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 4, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I think I spread my skill points too far around just to see what each one does. Im struggling to get past lvl 90.