Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Nakar, it makes me extremely happy to see that you can play the game at last. You were pretty (rightfully) mad at it, and I'm just glad you can join in with the new maps at last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I miss Diana talking me through the H3 maps :(

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Convex posted:

I miss Diana talking me through the H3 maps :(
I thought it was actually kind of funny that Diana will have her little deal in Mendoza if you're standing near her after a kill, and also that the mission story prompts are narrated by 47 himself since he has no one to give him the ideas.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Nakar posted:

There are challenges for doing a certain number of escalations, but the tracks for them seem to just unlock items and suits from the first two games that I already have unlocked from transfers.

Individual escalations give challenges for completion though so technically you can't fully complete an area without them. Maxing mastery isn't difficult though, you don't need them for that.
I'm only seeing challenges for escalations on H1 & H2 maps - the lurgy grenade and the bedtime gun are in the latter track, cementing hitman 2 as providing the best items of the series lol. Sucks that epic haven't given an eta on when we can get at those.

Are there no escalations (other than the deluxe ones) for H3 maps? I would've expected to see challenges for them even if they weren't in yet.

Edit: don't watch this if you don't want spoilers for some of the coolest kill methods in Mendoza, otherwise enjoy 47 relaxing for a change :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiSGj1w7uFo

Pilchenstein fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 26, 2021

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I'm on PS5 and I know I have a non-deluxe escalation on at least Dubai, I don't know the others.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
How many escalations were there even available for 1 and 2 on release? I thought a bunch of them were released over time or for specific events, like the ghost one on Hawke's Bay being released for Halloween.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Since the server patch yesterday, I haven't had any disconnects but now I'm getting occasional softlocks lol.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.pcgamer.com/ios-studio-director-says-its-bond-game-could-be-a-trilogy/

quote:

We have been allowed to make our own digital Bond, which will not lean on a Bond actor,” says Abrak. “We’ve also come up with a completely original story, and you could easily imagine that a trilogy could come out of it.”

Abrak talks about the convoluted process of acquiring the rights to such a mega-franchise, which in this case involved convincing Barbara Broccoli and EON Productions of the studio’s suitability for the task. Apparently Ms. Broccoli believed previous games weren’t “worthy enough” and had too much “violence for the sake of violence.”

Sweet. They are doing exactly what I wanted them to do. Hopefully IOI will be to Bond what Rocksteady was to Batman (Arkham Knight not withstanding).

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The article says they're doubling the size of the studio over the next few years too, from ~200 to ~400 people

I wonder if that means they're taking on bigger projects, or switching to two projects in parallel

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

AceOfFlames posted:

https://www.pcgamer.com/ios-studio-director-says-its-bond-game-could-be-a-trilogy/

Sweet. They are doing exactly what I wanted them to do. Hopefully IOI will be to Bond what Rocksteady was to Batman (Arkham Knight not withstanding).

My hope for a Bond game (and tbh the film franchise!) is that they do away with getting stuck on a single setting and instead just set it in whatever time periods seem fun. So you could have a mission in 1980s Moscow, but then the next one is in 60s Cuba or the modern day. All filling in the blanks of whatever goofy-rear end overarching story is stuck on it. I'm sure that isn't what will happen, but based on this Hitman trilogy, should be an interesting game at least.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
A digital Bond will sound cheap to a lot of people, but long-term it sounds like a good plan to me. Isn't one of the main reasons why Bond games never get re-released down to the near-impossibility of securing the digital likenesses of the actors? Especially in cases like Goldeneye and The World is Not Enough where pretty much the entire main casts of the films were featured in some way?

repiv posted:

The article says they're doubling the size of the studio over the next few years too, from ~200 to ~400 people

I wonder if that means they're taking on bigger projects, or switching to two projects in parallel

Is the studio in Malmo open yet? If so, are they hiring janitors? I've never done it before but I can learn on the job!

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

repiv posted:

Maybe, if H3 sells enough, we'll get some map DLC? Even one map a year would be great to keep the World Of Assassination alive.

Or they'll finally do Freedom Fighters 2 :pray:

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Who's watching Bond films for the story lol

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Danger - Octopus! posted:

My hope for a Bond game (and tbh the film franchise!) is that they do away with getting stuck on a single setting and instead just set it in whatever time periods seem fun. So you could have a mission in 1980s Moscow, but then the next one is in 60s Cuba or the modern day. All filling in the blanks of whatever goofy-rear end overarching story is stuck on it. I'm sure that isn't what will happen, but based on this Hitman trilogy, should be an interesting game at least.

Project 007: Black Ops

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Is the studio in Malmo open yet? If so, are they hiring janitors? I've never done it before but I can learn on the job!

They’re full up, but you can coin one over to a dumpster in the garage.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Anyone else getting a weird graphical glitch where certain lights will suddenly blow out to the point where it looks like you're staring at the sun? I have latest drivers.

Also, is there some way to turn off or turn down bloom? Playing Hitman 2 and the first mission, when you are in the garage for instance, the headlight reflection from the garage door and floor blows out the entire screen. It's nuts.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Oldstench posted:

Anyone else getting a weird graphical glitch where certain lights will suddenly blow out to the point where it looks like you're staring at the sun? I have latest drivers.

Also, is there some way to turn off or turn down bloom? Playing Hitman 2 and the first mission, when you are in the garage for instance, the headlight reflection from the garage door and floor blows out the entire screen. It's nuts.

Yeah this happens to me in this game and cyberpunk 2077. I assumed the reason for CP77 doing it was raytracing being baked into the lighting effects and not having an RTX gpu but it's doing it with H3 as well.

Tiny little candles and things like the dim lanterns in Chongqing sometimes appear like headlights blasting bloom light into the camera.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Is your GPU overclocked? If it's happening on two distinct engines it's more likely to be VRAM corruption than a bug in the games

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Pirate Jet posted:

:mmmhmm:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Nakar posted:

I thought it was actually kind of funny that Diana will have her little deal in Mendoza if you're standing near her after a kill, and also that the mission story prompts are narrated by 47 himself since he has no one to give him the ideas.

"Maybe I could use some drums again? No, no..."

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Yeah this happens to me in this game and cyberpunk 2077. I assumed the reason for CP77 doing it was raytracing being baked into the lighting effects and not having an RTX gpu but it's doing it with H3 as well.

Tiny little candles and things like the dim lanterns in Chongqing sometimes appear like headlights blasting bloom light into the camera.

Nah if you don't have RTX you don't get ray tracing in 2077 full stop. It isn't baked in.

That's some lighting glitch, I've seen similar things yeaaaars ago. But the bloom here looks normal to me.

Just in case, update your graphics drivers.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

Zaphod42 posted:

Just in case, update your graphics drivers.

Thanks for the reminder. Looks like I was using 460.89 and they're out with 461.40 this month.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

repiv posted:

Is your GPU overclocked? If it's happening on two distinct engines it's more likely to be VRAM corruption than a bug in the games

Nope. It's the only game this is happening on.

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Here comes the hurdy gurdy man.
Played through Hitman 1 and 2 before launching into this one, including the bonus missions from 2 that I hadn't done. Situs Inversus and Freedom Fighters are still my favs from 1, but I found myself enjoying World of Tomorrow more than I had previously. Lots of fun ways to pull that one off, and the map is pretty fun to explore. Still can't stand Club 27 for some reason. Dunno it just never feels all that fun?

The missions in 2 still stand out as being mostly great. I hadn't done the Kashmirian before (or indeed knew it existed) so that was super fun to explore and develop. Golden Handshake was superb, and getting access to the vault was definitely a highlight in the series. But wow Haven is just not fun IMO. Feels just kind of big and empty, although quite nice to look at. Also SUPER COCAINE always cracks me up lol.

Finally started playing 3 last night, and the missions seem more free-form the stories more discovery-oriented, which is different and fun after playing through 1 and 2 in which you basically have the option to follow the stories. Apex Predator was loving rad as hell. Walking around that big industrial nightclub searching for these dudes who are apparently as badass as you was great, and I also really digged how the narration switched to 47. Really looking forward to finishing the rest of the game!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Pirate Jet posted:

Tried this and now I'm sitting in a Swedish prison because they found the body I hid in the dumpster, which is bullshit because I didn't think they could do that.

They're not even letting me use the sauna yet, wth.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

A digital Bond will sound cheap to a lot of people, but long-term it sounds like a good plan to me. Isn't one of the main reasons why Bond games never get re-released down to the near-impossibility of securing the digital likenesses of the actors? Especially in cases like Goldeneye and The World is Not Enough where pretty much the entire main casts of the films were featured in some way?

Agent Under Fire used a generic fake likeness for Bond but its been Brosnan and Craig's faces (not necessarily voices) since then. But they remade Goldeneye for the Wii with Daniel Craig replacing Brosnan because they just had to keep milking those nostalgia bucks.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Dartmoor: I'm pretty sure the undertaker never drinks from his bottle of water. I'm sure there's a bunch or drinks that are never used in Dubai as well. It's neat that there's a lot to interact with but IMO it's a waste of your poisons if nobody ever interacts with them.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cacator posted:

Agent Under Fire used a generic fake likeness for Bond but its been Brosnan and Craig's faces (not necessarily voices) since then. But they remade Goldeneye for the Wii with Daniel Craig replacing Brosnan because they just had to keep milking those nostalgia bucks.

In all fairness that was a true remake, it's a totally new game and maps and the story is reworked to fit the Craig films' continuity instead of just plugging him into the original. Helps that Judi Dench was still around for that one.

Also god this wine tour in Mendoza is killing me. Every single step is begging you to take out the target but i know you need to let it play out to the end to get one of the challenges.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jan 26, 2021

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I actually liked the Craig Goldeneye. They put effort into it.

Didn't feel like milking the cash cow like their followup game, 007 Legends.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Bond games don't tend to get re-released because the game rights keep moving around. Nintendo published Goldeneye, EA had the Bond rights for some time and then they moved over to Activision.
Activision may have had the rights to make new Bond games for a while, but that didn't give them the rights to re-print the games put out by EA or anyone else over the years.

I believe at one point they were trying to do a Goldeneye remaster but the rights were split between Nintendo (who published the game), Microsoft (who owned Rare) and Activision (who had the Bond license at the time). Instead they just made a Perfect Dark remaster since Microsoft acquired the rights to all Rare's games that aren't Donkey Kong or Goldeneye.

Activision was able to make a Goldeneye remake as it was a completely new game based on the movie with Craig instead of Bronson.

Veotax fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 26, 2021

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

nexus6 posted:

Dartmoor: I'm pretty sure the undertaker never drinks from his bottle of water. I'm sure there's a bunch or drinks that are never used in Dubai as well. It's neat that there's a lot to interact with but IMO it's a waste of your poisons if nobody ever interacts with them.

Its too easy and gamey if there's only drinks around that targets drink from. Having some spare glasses feels realistic to me and rewards you observing instead of guessing.

Veotax posted:

Activision was able to make a Goldeneye remake as it was a completely new game based on the movie with Craig instead of Bronson.

The name's Bronson. Charles Bronson.

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 26, 2021

Veotax
May 16, 2006

That was a dumb mistake. I'll leave that.

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Just finished China. Am I going to have to do that whole last segment again every time I play it? That’s gonna get repetitive quick. Also kind of seems like you’d want to get the targets in the same order every time, too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

AdmiralViscen posted:

Just finished China. Am I going to have to do that whole last segment again every time I play it? That’s gonna get repetitive quick. Also kind of seems like you’d want to get the targets in the same order every time, too.

Only from the original starting location, so only the first time. If you pick a different starting location, you don't even have to do the last objective, so the order doesn't matter.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

AdmiralViscen posted:

The last objective becomes optional after the first time you complete it. But if you start the sequence the same thing happens.

e: The post above is more accurate.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Not if you select a different start position.

thewizardofshoe
Feb 24, 2013

Speaking of poisons and Dubai it drives me nuts that the glass of red wine the artist drinks from is doubled up on the same spot with a cocktail glass instead of 2 of the same drink model type that usually happens.

thewizardofshoe fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 26, 2021

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

I actually liked the Craig Goldeneye. They put effort into it.

Didn't feel like milking the cash cow like their followup game, 007 Legends.

It says a lot about that game that most of the original film actors they managed to get for that fiasco were the ones who were in Moonraker and Die Another Day.

Somehow they got Judi Dench. Guess she needed the money.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

thewizardofshoe posted:

Speaking of poisons and Dubai it drives me nuts that the glass of red wine the artist drinks from is doubled up on the same spot with a cocktail glass instead of 2 of the same drink model type that usually happens.

At least this time, you can tell by the highlight when you have the right one selected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Arist posted:

Only from the original starting location, so only the first time. If you pick a different starting location, you don't even have to do the last objective, so the order doesn't matter.

Wow, that’s awesome! I wish they’d backport that into Sapienza