Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Camrath posted:

I’ll admit to being a hotdog addict, much to my wife’s despair. The only real sticking point I’ve had about moving from London to the sticks is that I cannot find Gilbert’s kosher hotdogs anywhere for love nor money.

Not even Ocado? That's where I get them. Given they're precooked, worst case maybe I could do you a care package ;p

Edit: 156 is the number of hotdogs I feel I could eat right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

feedmegin posted:

Not even Ocado? That's where I get them. Given they're precooked, worst case maybe I could do you a care package ;p

Edit: 156 is the number of hotdogs I feel I could eat right now

Fudge for hotdogs. And so trade continues as the economy dissolves.

Edit: I never actually used Ocado before.. holy poo poo, they have them. Also kosher Viennas, which are the same but better..

My wife is going to hate you ;)

Camrath fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Jan 26, 2021

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Richmond sausages are the only acceptable sausages not sold by goons in vans.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

The Question IRL posted:

(Since she's currently a diabetic dinners have to be eaten at specific times.)

therattle posted:

My son is also diabetic. Fun, isn't it?

Are you guys posting from the year 1958?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Even though the answer is an extremely clear no they literally cannot help themselves with the headline. They are unable to stop doing this.

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1354043479115100161

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Switzerland has IGP protected status hot dogs. they are not particularly better than other hotdogs. Culinary wasteland.

https://www.sg-bratwurst.ch/ueber-die-bratwurst/

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

peanut- posted:

Is there any proof of the arbitrage profit thing (other than lol pharma companies)? I thought they said the manufacturing yields at their EU plant were just lower than expected.

Proof? No.

But AZ basically led with a public statement of "sorry not enough vaccine becauseause reasons". Then refused to elaborate satisfactorily in at least 2 separate meetings.

So I'm willing to go out on a limb that the primary factor here is AZ looking beyond the scope of their "non-profit" EU deal. Even if some of the EU response is performative outrage for the onlookers, they are clearly freaked out and AZ has colossally hosed up either its reputation management, its supply chain, or its shady dealmaking, possibly all three

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Jan 26, 2021

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

peanut- posted:

Even though the answer is an extremely clear no they literally cannot help themselves with the headline. They are unable to stop doing this.

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1354043479115100161

It's gone. What was it?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It's gone. What was it?

Is the AZ vaccine only 8% effective in over-65s? (No, this is FW:FW:FW:Bollocks)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It's really glaring how obsessed with race science the British ruling class still are

On burgerchat:
The only good beef burger I've had in the last decade was a hard Rock Cafe one in Sweden.

I will eat t'gently caress out of a chicken burg though. But living in Scotland its the only thing they won't batter for some reason they just give you these dreadful grilled chicken sandwiches.

The main food I miss under lockdown is the hipster pub near me and their Korean kimchi chicken burger and onion rings. gently caress.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Also gently caress me I miss a draught pint

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Some grim reading here for Starmer stans

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1354052295919603712?s=19

sebzilla fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Jan 26, 2021

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Flexitarian-to-veggism is going ok for the last while, but man a Korean fried chicken burger would be real good

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

I mean, it's understandable that EU is mad. AZ (and also Pfizer) reduced deliveries to EU countries, in part for vaccines produced in the EU and in facilities supported by EU taxpayers - in order to fulfill deliveries in other countries without delay (notably the UK). Not unlikely this has to do with profit, given that for some reason those countries end up paying more. Hmmmmmm.

So, to make up for that injustice, the EU naturally chooses the worst take. In a time-honored tradition, the suffering will eventually fall upon poor countries - not only when export controls are in place - but purely because they will probably pay even less.

I mean, gotta make sure nobody forgets what paragons of virtue we Europeans truly are.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Is the AZ vaccine only 8% effective in over-65s? (No, this is FW:FW:FW:Bollocks)

To add to this.

A newspaper in Germany was reporting the EMA was only going to recommend the Oxford vaccine for under 65s as it was only 8% effective.

Turns out the 8% was the number of people over 65 in the test groups.

But in these frought times some thought this might be a bit of geopolitical shenanigans from the EU.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They've started doing some sort of minibus service around the tees valley which has tees valley mayor stickers all over it. Apparently it's pretty popular though I've not had cause to use it, wonder if that's got anything to do with mayoral results :v:

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

knox_harrington posted:

Switzerland has IGP protected status hot dogs. they are not particularly better than other hotdogs. Culinary wasteland.

https://www.sg-bratwurst.ch/ueber-die-bratwurst/

This is not a hotdog wurst though? I'm pretty sure there's plenty of other sausages also protected.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Lmao

https://twitter.com/LeftieStats/status/1354068708273102849?s=19

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

ThomasPaine posted:

Are you guys posting from the year 1958?

I don’t understand the question.
Diabetes is still a problem, and those living with it have to be regimented with meal times due to the timing in taking insulin.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

how are there people who think Kieth is doing well, smdh

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

The Question IRL posted:

I don’t understand the question.
Diabetes is still a problem, and those living with it have to be regimented with meal times due to the timing in taking insulin.

That's a very old fashioned style of treatment that hasn't been standard practice (in the UK at least) for around 20 years and arguably longer. I have had Type 1 for about 15 and have never once kept to a meal timetable. Genuinely would recommend your partner speak to the docs about alternative approaches, ad hoc insulin/diet adjustment to allow more dietary and lifestyle freedom is commonplace now, and if this hasn't even been discussed that's very much not good practice.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Haramstufe Rot posted:

I mean, it's understandable that EU is mad. AZ (and also Pfizer) reduced deliveries to EU countries, in part for vaccines produced in the EU and in facilities supported by EU taxpayers - in order to fulfill deliveries in other countries without delay (notably the UK). Not unlikely this has to do with profit, given that for some reason those countries end up paying more. Hmmmmmm.

So, to make up for that injustice, the EU naturally chooses the worst take. In a time-honored tradition, the suffering will eventually fall upon poor countries - not only when export controls are in place - but purely because they will probably pay even less.

I mean, gotta make sure nobody forgets what paragons of virtue we Europeans truly are.

There's barely any deliveries to poor countries, most of it goes to UK, US and Israel.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if the UK has been involved in bribery of the officials, the UK vaccines are made in the same EU plant but unlike the EU it hasn't suffered any cuts in production (while the eu has had its deliveries cut to about 30%).

Private Speech fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jan 26, 2021

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ThomasPaine posted:

That's a very old fashioned style of treatment that hasn't been standard practice (in the UK at least) for around 20 years and arguably longer. I have had Type 1 for about 15 and have never once kept to a meal timetable.

Nor have I, strictly speaking. But my sugars are definitely higher when I go too long between my morning and evening shot and so I try to eat at fixed times when I can.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Venomous posted:

how are there people who think Kieth is doing well, smdh

If your definition of 'well' is: "Appearing on tv looking concerned and managerial while staunchly supporting the establishment", then Starmer is doing very well indeed.

And for a lot of people, that absolutely is their definition of a Labour leader doing well.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Like when middle-class centrists talk about Starmer being so much more 'electable' than Corbyn when what they really mean is: "Corbyn said and did things that pushed me firmly out of my comfort zone, whereas Starmer makes me feel all warm and cosy."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/BareLeft/status/1354085746093805573?s=20
https://twitter.com/aaronwjohn/status/1354039147837550592?s=20

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Jedit posted:

Nor have I, strictly speaking. But my sugars are definitely higher when I go too long between my morning and evening shot and so I try to eat at fixed times when I can.

You're not on a basal/bolus system?

Granted, even with that you do have to work around things sometimes, but you should have theoretically stable bgs in the absence of food if your background is working as planned.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
https://twitter.com/joannaccherry/status/1354060337318920192

Ugh,

Once upon a time SNP infighting used to be over being in/out of NATO and whether the English were evil or just kind of poo poo. Smdh now a sizeable chunk of support are determined to start a war over their rights to be massive TERFs.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

ThomasPaine posted:

You're not on a basal/bolus system?

Granted, even with that you do have to work around things sometimes, but you should have theoretically stable bgs in the absence of food if your background is working as planned.

I've been on mixtard for the last 22 years plus change and it's kept me stable except when I go too long without a shot. Changing as little as possible is part of good control.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Jedit posted:

I've been on mixtard for the last 22 years plus change and it's kept me stable except when I go too long without a shot. Changing as little as possible is part of good control.

Whatever works for you!

Moving onto basal/bolus does allow you to be a lot more flexible in what you eat and your general lifestyle, which is important to me, so it's good for people to know it is an option.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Mano posted:

This is not a hotdog wurst though? I'm pretty sure there's plenty of other sausages also protected.

Best sausage inna bun (i.e. the one I grew up with): the Thüringer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thuringian_sausage

Of course we can't call it that anymore. It's PC PGI gone mad!

quote:

Prior to Thuringian sausages acquiring PGI status in the EU, a type of Luxembourgish sausage was locally known as a Thüringer. It is now referred to as "Lëtzebuerger Grillwurscht" (Luxembourgish: grill sausage).

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

ThomasPaine posted:

That's a very old fashioned style of treatment that hasn't been standard practice (in the UK at least) for around 20 years and arguably longer. I have had Type 1 for about 15 and have never once kept to a meal timetable. Genuinely would recommend your partner speak to the docs about alternative approaches, ad hoc insulin/diet adjustment to allow more dietary and lifestyle freedom is commonplace now, and if this hasn't even been discussed that's very much not good practice.

She is on insulin due to gestational diabetes.
The doctors have her monitoring her blood sugar level multiple times a day as well as using fast acting and slow release insulin.
It's a pain but given how we lost our last child to what we are sure was complications arising out of the diabetics, we think it's important to follow the advice we have been given.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

keep punching joe posted:

Ugh,

Once upon a time SNP infighting used to be over being in/out of NATO and whether the English were evil or just kind of poo poo. Smdh now a sizeable chunk of support are determined to start a war over their rights to be massive TERFs.

its much worse tbh

https://twitter.com/joannaccherry/status/1354030436146704390?s=20
https://twitter.com/DavidPaisley/status/1354031851455840257?s=20

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

She is on insulin due to gestational diabetes.
The doctors have her monitoring her blood sugar level multiple times a day as well as using fast acting and slow release insulin.
It's a pain but given how we lost our last child to what we are sure was complications arising out of the diabetics, we think it's important to follow the advice we have been given.

That's understandable, for the sake of a few months.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I have just realised that 'John Redwood' spoonerised is 'Ron Jedward'

I am easily amused :downs:

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Oh it's that Joanna Cherry lmao

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Really not buying the idea that QCs are some sort of professional profession, tbh, I think it's just a club for lunatics.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
There's another barrister in the news today for showing their whole (racist) rear end on twitter

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1354075375450648576?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's Jon Holbrook, who is surprisingly also a transphobe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

sinky posted:

There's another barrister in the news today for showing their whole (racist) rear end on twitter

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1354075375450648576?s=20

He is another absolute arsehole.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JonHolb