Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Pope Guilty posted:

This is a silly thing to complaina bout I guess but I'm farming up the JRPG set in NGU and I'm alternating between idling JRPGville and the ITOPOD (I want to get the advantage of those stats ASAP, you see) and at this point even 5K boosts (with all boosts maxed and with all the upgrades except the ones that are 20K PP per level and 600QP per level) still take forever to actually fill up the items. 20K is a LOT of ITOPOD time for me right now (I'm currently on floor 910 getting 193K progress per kill) but 600 QP is like 2-3 quests; should I stop farming for a bit, knock out some quests, and spend the QP on boosts? Is that worth my time at this point?

I waited until after v1 of the next Titan to go after the last beasted boost, but I also had the QP hacks going constantly so each level was a little less than a quest at that point. I used to farm 2-3 quests right after rebirthing.

The next Titan's gear you will switch to as soon as you get it so you probably won't really need to max the JRPG set (I didn't until after I got a full set from the Titan) Max the Anime Wig though as the yield means more exp!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

drat i was expecting evil challenge rewards to be cooler. laser sword doesn't even have anything

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Aurora posted:

drat i was expecting evil challenge rewards to be cooler. laser sword doesn't even have anything

Dw it doesnt really get better, but they're slowly being filled out with time so sad might be mostly done when you get to it

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The best is Troll challenge of course, you get a bunch of new shinies from that.

Though I do like the bonus hack speed from No NGU, that's a real nice bonus that's hard to come by. Though it will take you a long, long while before you can start doing those.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Aurora posted:

To be fair, "not anything" also reflects the level of effort required to complete the laser sword challenge. But yeah, challenge rewards above Normal and excluding Trolls, range from "eh, I dunno have this I guess" to "4G can't be bothered"

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

give me bigger numbers as rewards in the higher difficulty not smaller or none!!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

agreed, making numbers smaller seems contrary to the express purpose of the game

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I've been running this blue-barred (and with the Best NGU Perk) long enough with no improvement that I think I've hit a point where each level is worth actually 0.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Pope Guilty posted:

I've been running this blue-barred (and with the Best NGU Perk) long enough with no improvement that I think I've hit a point where each level is worth actually 0.

You can more or less stop that now. It asymptotes at 60/90/90 for normal/hard/sad.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

aw balls i'm nowhere near bluebarring it and i've got it at 60.01 * 90% as well.

27 million Evil NGU levels... how many wasted... :negative:

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Bedurndurn posted:

You can more or less stop that now. It asymptotes at 60/90/90 for normal/hard/sad.

That's helpful to know, thank you!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

headfake posted:

Well yeah, that was the entire game until the final prestige level at the end. And then it went to 1 day, then hours, then eventually only a few seconds, as these things go...

Ok i thought you meant it took 14 days to get back to where you were after the first time you got there.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Idle loop hero looks really fuckin cool but it’s not a traditional idle game I guess

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

DariusLikewise posted:

I just grabbed the 2nd blood pill perk and I can make 500k-800k blood pills within an hour or so of saving blood

I guess I've just never really managed to figure out how that impacts over all stats.

Like I thought it was just an addition to your total rather than an increase to your base which then influences the total you get via the multipliers.

So an extra 800k is kinda nothing when my total stats are already in the 30 septquadgintillions or whatever.

If it increases base which then gets multiplied it might be better but I dunno 6 if that's the case, but I also dunno what my base stats are offhand just now so it might be a similar thing where I have an equally stupid high base stat number already.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Kin posted:

I guess I've just never really managed to figure out how that impacts over all stats.

Like I thought it was just an addition to your total rather than an increase to your base which then influences the total you get via the multipliers.

So an extra 800k is kinda nothing when my total stats are already in the 30 septquadgintillions or whatever.

If it increases base which then gets multiplied it might be better but I dunno 6 if that's the case, but I also dunno what my base stats are offhand just now so it might be a similar thing where I have an equally stupid high base stat number already.

blood pill raises your base score

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
The oracle in FE00000000 is a really great feature. I wish more idlers had something similar, if they keep having mechanics where your choices can have wildly varying effectiveness and you mostly end up fumbling around with trial and error.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

blood pill raises your base score

Cool, that's good to know, though i guess my point is that if an hour of iron pill (with the evil perks to increase it's effectiveness) gives me 1.25 million for my base stats, but my current base attack and defence are 12 trillion, then that gain is pretty insignificant. It would take me hundreds of days to even significantly shift those base stats with Iron Pill now, even if i was doing it twice a day wouldn't it?

Adeptus
May 1, 2009

Kin posted:

Cool, that's good to know, though i guess my point is that if an hour of iron pill (with the evil perks to increase it's effectiveness) gives me 1.25 million for my base stats, but my current base attack and defence are 12 trillion, then that gain is pretty insignificant. It would take me hundreds of days to even significantly shift those base stats with Iron Pill now, even if i was doing it twice a day wouldn't it?

What's your base adventure power/toughness? That's what blood pill is raising. You can see it on the Adventure Stats page of the EXP section.

I'm towards the tail end of evil, working my way towards Titan 8v3 and get ~6 million adventure stats a day with the blood pill. Current base p/t are around 600 million, so that's a 1% increase a day. Feels pretty significant when all the other methods to improve are starting to drop off.

I'm also not sure what else I'd be spending blood on. Drop chance increases and Macguffin levels seem to fall off really quickly after a fairly small amount of blood put in, number is pointless whenever your progress is limited by adv stats, and gold is only really good for raising digger levels, which has really tiny gains at this point. I might be under-valueing something, though.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Aha, i see, i was looking at the wrong stats there, Yeah my power and toughness are much lower (186 million) so that makes more sense now.

I'm assuming if i can cap all the spells and have the perks to improve the pill, then 6 million is about the max you get per day yeah? I might see some significant adventure gains in the next week or two i guess if i can get that.

Edit: Though i guess i've bene pretty neglectful of my base stats. I get 1.5 Billion EXP a day, but it looks like i could by 100 Million power/toughness for just 300 Million exp.

If i'm reading that right could pretty much triple my current base adventure stats in a couple of days :/

Kin fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jan 23, 2021

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

FE00000 is a pretty bipolar experience.

The first few stages are great, even all the way towards the end of complexity, but «powers» is actively unfun. No one ever said «lets take random loot mechanics from gacha games and put them into an idler»

It also resets a bit too much when you get to a new layer. Having to manually redo normal challenges on every infinity when you are in complexity blows.

Im about to unlock galaxies. A bit undecided if ill continue playing.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Ineptitude posted:

The first few stages are great, even all the way towards the end of complexity, but «powers» is actively unfun. No one ever said «lets take random loot mechanics from gacha games and put them into an idler»

It also resets a bit too much when you get to a new layer. Having to manually redo normal challenges on every infinity when you are in complexity blows.

I thought powers were okay. At first the randomness is annoying, but eventually you’re getting them so fast that it doesn’t really matter.

If you don’t like full resets, I have bad news for you about finality. The new multipliers are strong though, and I was able to get from nothing to farming eternities in an hour or two.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Ineptitude posted:

My least favorite part was eternity -> complexity and the first dozen or so complexities, when you still have to manage eternity challenges.

Powers aren't so bad because like someone else said they eventually get so fast it doesn't matter. You just have a few presets for various scenarios. Eventually they auto-load without resetting when you get a new power that's better than what you have equipped, and you get a new power every couple of seconds. That's what I like about the game: It's slow at first, gets faster, then says "hey remember all the early stuff? Go do it again but it's a lot easier this time", over and over.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

My least favorite part was eternity -> complexity and the first dozen or so complexities, when you still have to manage eternity challenges.

Speaking of, on finality 2 I felt like progress slowed down a ton as I was getting into eternity challenges. Figured it was meant to be slow again, but still much faster than the first time. Just now realized that I had auto-EC completions turned off and turning them back on completed all of the rest of them instantly :doh:

filthychimp
Jan 2, 2006
Damned dirty ape

Kin posted:

If i'm reading that right could pretty much triple my current base adventure stats in a couple of days :/

Yes, you're supposed to buy P/T with XP to progress once you get to the end of evil/beginning of sadistic. I hit a wall because I forgot you could even do that. The rule of thumb is you need to buy P/T when you softcap your infinity cube.

Missing out on the iron pill doesn't matter now, your ability to generate XP totally obsoletes it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

filthychimp posted:

Yes, you're supposed to buy P/T with XP to progress once you get to the end of evil/beginning of sadistic. I hit a wall because I forgot you could even do that. The rule of thumb is you need to buy P/T when you softcap your infinity cube.

Missing out on the iron pill doesn't matter now, your ability to generate XP totally obsoletes it.

I read up on it in the wiki and it mentioned the soft cap being when the cube exceeds your base + equipment stats. If i'm reading my cube right it says P/T from it are just 888 million but my combined base/equipment stats are up in the 3-5 Billion stages.

Do boosts still go into the cube if you're idling offline? Also, when I am online and dont need the boosts i usually have them set as inactive in the item list (a habit from a while back to make sure my inventory didn't get clogged up). Does the cube still get stats from the boosts if they don't go into your inventory?

edit: Also, i'm at the point where i'm getting way more cards than i have mayo to cast them all. I've been keeping everything ok and above and yeeting the rest (not quite sure what to do with the golden cards) but i've still got the perks and quirks to buy that increase the quality of cards.

Am i right in thinking i should start yeeting everything okay and below unless it relates to a specific thing i'm trying to boost like wishes, or are the meh/crappy cards never worth casting?

Kin fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Jan 24, 2021

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

Kin posted:

Do boosts still go into the cube if you're idling offline? Also, when I am online and dont need the boosts i usually have them set as inactive in the item list (a habit from a while back to make sure my inventory didn't get clogged up). Does the cube still get stats from the boosts if they don't go into your inventory?

I don't think you get any item drops when offline, boosts included. I don't think filtering boosts is ever worth it unless my cube is already capped and it's even then it's questionable.

Kin posted:

edit: Also, i'm at the point where i'm getting way more cards than i have mayo to cast them all. I've been keeping everything ok and above and yeeting the rest (not quite sure what to do with the golden cards) but i've still got the perks and quirks to buy that increase the quality of cards.

Am i right in thinking i should start yeeting everything okay and below unless it relates to a specific thing i'm trying to boost like wishes, or are the meh/crappy cards never worth casting?

Advice I've gotten from Discord is to only focus on ADV/PP/QP/Hack/Wish cards, because those are the biggest things to contribute to progress. I yeet anything that isn't one of those, and anything meh or worse.

Gold cards are purely aesthetic, as a joke on foil/shiny cards from real TCGs.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Thirst Mutilator posted:

I don't think you get any item drops when offline, boosts included. I don't think filtering boosts is ever worth it unless my cube is already capped and it's even then it's questionable.

There was a fairly recent change x many patches ago that offline now tracks roughly how many boosts you would have gotten and puts them in the cube. So you still can't offline boost equipment but you won't be missing out if you can't keep the game running 24/7.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Manyorcas posted:

There was a fairly recent change x many patches ago that offline now tracks roughly how many boosts you would have gotten and puts them in the cube. So you still can't offline boost equipment but you won't be missing out if you can't keep the game running 24/7.

I suppose that explains why my cube stats are so high without me doing too much.

I also overestimated how big an increase there'd be to my total stats after changing my base stats. I.e. I double my power via EXP but my total power only goes from 25 Septaquintillion or whatever to 26. Like it's a 4% increase and all, but I was just expecting it to be much bigger when doubling my base stats.

Still, every little helps in getting to the next gear set I suppose.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Base stats are additive with gear stats, and if you haven't been investing exp yet then your gear stats are probably the bulk of that sum.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Back once again to ask my annual question: what's the latest hotness with an actual ending? Preferably games that take no longer than a week of idling to achieve.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Inadequately posted:

Back once again to ask my annual question: what's the latest hotness with an actual ending? Preferably games that take no longer than a week of idling to achieve.

Incrementreeverse takes a couple of days.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
In Perfect Tower 2, the progression in the factory is just starting to get extremely complex - far past the fun-zone for me. Talking about T5 producers, for example. Is there added automation for building stuff like high-end chips, or is this just not a late-game experience for me?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Cobalt60 posted:

In Perfect Tower 2, the progression in the factory is just starting to get extremely complex - far past the fun-zone for me. Talking about T5 producers, for example. Is there added automation for building stuff like high-end chips, or is this just not a late-game experience for me?

There's probably an ai script for it on the discord but I fell off that bandwagon quite a while ago.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Finalities are getting around 40 mins each now so I will probably finish FE000000 some time over the next few days

It was... okay

Didn't really like powers but up to complexities was nice

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Powers and galaxies feels a bit wasted. They could have been their own layer, or something.

In general FE00000 was an alright game, though i feel that previous layers should be sped up more than they do. Every 2nd run felt almost exactly the same speed as the first, sometimes even slower. Only when you get to the third run does it feel like it speeds up.
There should be much more automation on previous layers earlier, e.g. layer n+2 should fully automate layer n.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Powers and galaxies feels a bit wasted. They could have been their own layer, or something.

In general FE00000 was an alright game, though i feel that previous layers should be sped up more than they do. Every 2nd run felt almost exactly the same speed as the first, sometimes even slower. Only when you get to the third run does it feel like it speeds up.
There should be much more automation on previous layers earlier, e.g. layer n+2 should fully automate layer n.

I disagree, I think the new layers have pretty much perfect pacing. I like doing the previous layers again but A Bit Faster (TM) so they still only take a couple of hours instead of the days they took before, but you can't just blast through them. I find it boring when you get a new layer and it immediately makes everything before utterly obsolete.
I'm also the weird guy who liked the Incrementreeverse resets that put you right back at the start.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me
I like the formula of:

- Do the layer the first time, slowly
- Do the layer again, going through all the steps, but faster, demonstrating the higher layer reward's effect
- Start getting automation for layer, until eventually you can ignore it and focus on higher layer

There were some individual points in FE000000 that could use some tweaking, like I think you have to manually do ECs a few too many times. Overall though I feel it was nearly as good as Antimatter Dimensions, which was one of my favorites.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

And there we go, FE000000 is complete

Overall it took a little less than a month to go from clicking my first star to having 11 second finalities

Nice and tight progression system, the guide says it's incomplete but you really don't need a guide for finalities; it's very self-explanatory

cyrn
Sep 11, 2001

The Man is a harsh mistress.

Nibble posted:

There were some individual points in FE000000 that could use some tweaking, like I think you have to manually do ECs a few too many times.

Agreed, the part from first complexity to getting 'all ECs autocomplete' is what is going to keep me from doing another playthrough. Overall it's a very well thought out and balanced game and clearly a lot of thought and attention went into making it fair and fun to play without needing to look up guides or discord information, which was refreshing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

cyrn posted:

Agreed, the part from first complexity to getting 'all ECs autocomplete' is what is going to keep me from doing another playthrough. Overall it's a very well thought out and balanced game and clearly a lot of thought and attention went into making it fair and fun to play without needing to look up guides or discord information, which was refreshing.

The only piece of info that would have been hard to figure out is the importance of going triple complexity power temporarily to get extra studies from CC6. It’s clear that it should work that way, but I would never have guessed that it made such a huge difference for overall progress.