Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
124 lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

oxsnard posted:

https://www.highshortinterest.com/

not allegedly, these numbers are public record

I'm curious why Virgin Galactic isn't getting memed, looking at those numbers. Is it the larger mount of outstanding stocks compared to AMC? (If I'm reading that right?)

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

how do i buy stonks what app im ready to buy buy buy!!!! i got stonk fever!!!

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

jfc it's shooting up at $2 a minute

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

human behavior changed forever. you not wanting to eat out basically killed America

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/cameron/status/1354115442546192386?s=20

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

lmao

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

oxsnard posted:

the problem is that consumer demand is falling off. Lower interest rates ain't gonna do poo poo this time. Totally different scenario from 2008-09. That was a financial systems crash, we're seeing society as we know it fall apart

lmao

You're implying that the stock market is in any way tethered to reality. What you're seeing here is what the stock market is. Maybe back in the day it was tied to company performance or real world items, but here it's just the screaming id of the investor class.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

and here comes all of the $120 sell triggers

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

and now it's back down to 115. this is amazing

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

it was 76 yesterday. lol ppl buying it today.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Nonsense posted:

human behavior changed forever. you not wanting to eat out basically killed America

If only we had killed it sooner.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Woof Blitzer posted:

lolling at how this thread went from "owning stock = hitler" to "go up aaaaaa." You're giving me severe whiplash.

Billionaires driving the economy for more money than they can ever use is different from people trying to live with minimum wage by gambling.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nonsense posted:

they are our brave soldiers.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Gio posted:

how do i buy stonks what app im ready to buy buy buy!!!! i got stonk fever!!!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I hope you goons who put your entire retirement in this do well. I'd be making GBS threads myself if I threw more than a couple hundred bucks into the meme machine.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I almost bought it at 66 yesterday, I should’ve. Got in at 88 today for 1 share

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
its back down to 110. day traitors

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nonsense posted:

Tomorrow:
it was 120 yesterday. lol ppl buying it today.

The next day:
it was 200 yesterday. lol ppl buying it today.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

buy stocks to own the rich is extremely in character for cspam actually, I love it

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

number blew it's load and is going flaccid

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/stockmonitorapp/status/1354138303214268419?s=20

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
i bought some shares, but not gme. time to get my hands dirty, why not.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how does robin hood deal with selling, does it just transfer right back to your account?

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
The MMs are trying so hard to shut this down lol.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I saw a guy get bashed so hard against the front doors of BestBuy after arguing with the guy behind him that blood ran down the glass on first Black Friday I worked there.

That was scary. This ain't scary.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

The South Memes Bubble.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Grapplejack posted:

You're implying that the stock market is in any way tethered to reality. What you're seeing here is what the stock market is. Maybe back in the day it was tied to company performance or real world items, but here it's just the screaming id of the investor class.

no but it sort of is. Not quantitatively, but directionally it sure does. If top line revenues go down that will have a cascading impact on where money goes. As long as revenues are going up even a tiny bit, you can sell 10% annual stock growth. If that number goes negative it does all sorts of weird poo poo to corporate bond markets

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Dosen't look like anything to me

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Empress Brosephine posted:

how does robin hood deal with selling, does it just transfer right back to your account?

It goes into your portfolio and you have to keep the money there for 3 business days before you can transfer it back to your bank account.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
my coworkers who are younger twenties, one put a significant of his savings into gamestop, and he made like 3k. just saying zoomers are defs using their savings

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Ice Phisherman posted:

The South Memes Bubble.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DoomTrainPhD posted:

It goes into your portfolio and you have to keep the money there for 3 business days before you can transfer it back to your bank account.

Rip ok thanks

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Agean90 posted:

buy stocks to own the rich is extremely in character for cspam actually, I love it

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
I didn't sell at $120.

Why would I? It was $150 yesterday.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

dammit I was gonna get in on the fun this morning when it was at $90/s but it was halted then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i love when goons think they’re better than redactors and end up with egg on their face lol it owns although redactors do suck so does that mean….goons suck????