Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Discord is Bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Counterpoint: this thread is also bad

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Countercounterpoint: this thread doesn’t automatically scroll me randomly while I’m trying catch up because someone posted a new Bernie meme.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Okay, I figured that's what happened.

I dip in to the discord now and then, but it ends up being too much to catch up on.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Had we turned left instead, we may have encountered something like this...
Simple. Make lots of individual channels and name them obscurely. Then the conversation will diffuse and everybody’s just confused all the time

And never scroll up

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
We need a third discord to serve as a peace conference between med and legal

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Can I find expert witnesses in the med discord

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Popero posted:

Can I find expert witnesses in the med discord

The med discord is iffy about any lawyers being involved generally. Lawyers involved in med mal would probably be a big nope.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This is why we need some JD/MDs to bridge the gap.

There I go loving things up by going JD/PhD instead.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

There is no loving way I’d let any of my MD/JD friends into our discord. Entirely because of the deafening chorus of pigshitballs and cumchat

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Look Sir Droids posted:

Okay, I figured that's what happened.

I dip in to the discord now and then, but it ends up being too much to catch up on.

Nothing to catch up on, we purge constantly so there's no huge backlog. Discord-user privilege. Or something.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Ratatozsk posted:

Simple. Make lots of individual channels and name them obscurely. Then the conversation will diffuse and everybody’s just confused all the time

And never scroll up

Done and done!

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Zwabu posted:

The med discord is iffy about any lawyers being involved generally. Lawyers involved in med mal would probably be a big nope.

Med discord sucks, I've had an alt in there for a while and all the talk is about favourite drugs to steal, golf and how nurses are bad at your jobs.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Look Sir Droids posted:

Has the discord basically murdered this thread?

I can only assume Discord is the reason my Kafka post didn't get the accolades it loving deserved.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Vox Nihili posted:

I can only assume Discord is the reason my Kafka post didn't get the accolades it loving deserved.

Text only order: Too much to read to get to the punch line. Edit and resubmit within 48 hours.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Hello how do I access discord.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

gvibes posted:

Pm sent

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Are you constantly changing channel names on a whim?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

gvibes posted:

very carefully

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Ratatozsk posted:

Are you constantly changing channel names on a whim?

And the names of the users! It's fun fun fun to try and identify folks by their shitposts.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

This is why we need some JD/MDs to bridge the gap.

There I go loving things up by going JD/PhD instead.

More of a lateral gently caress up imo

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i am upset you didn't link this because it is the rare sequel that is even better than the original: https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.txwd.1120287/gov.uscourts.txwd.1120287.10.0.pdf

perhaps my favorite is this footnote

quote:

6 Further complicating this process is Counsel’s intense amount of sleep-deprivation, having to do the work of
several attorneys, mostly alone, with a skeleton staff while being plagued with threats to his safety and an
apparent act of vandalism at his home where someone stuffed bundles of wood and garbage into the drain sewer
at his home causing a massive sewage backup. Indeed, it is now 5:21 A.M. and counsel has not slept in an attempt
to get more reasonable relief in front of the Court prior to the court opening at 9:00 A.M.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Lol the guy is delirious

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Phil Moscowitz posted:

Lol the guy is delirious

Which is weird because when I was unemployed, I had plenty of time to work on my elaborate LOTR/USPOL fanfic opus.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

evilweasel posted:

i am upset you didn't link this because it is the rare sequel that is even better than the original: https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.txwd.1120287/gov.uscourts.txwd.1120287.10.0.pdf

perhaps my favorite is this footnote

Its way cool that ~technically~ you are allowed to put insane poo poo like this in your filings.

Ratatozsk
Mar 6, 2007

Nice piece of fish posted:

And the names of the users! It's fun fun fun to try and identify folks by their shitposts.

A mod after my own heart

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
What is with these footnotes in unjustified calibri

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Alexeythegreat posted:

What is with these footnotes in unjustified calibri

People too lazy to change from the default word style.

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp
I want to invent a timemachine, travel back in time and assassinate whoever it is that invented Trebuchet MS.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Can I get a discord invite? I have it on desktop but for some reason it’s not available on the Discord app.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Look Sir Droids posted:

Can I get a discord invite? I have it on desktop but for some reason it’s not available on the Discord app.

I’ll PM you

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I also think the "elite strike force" thread title may be a little too vague, i tend to forget this is the lawyers thread now

*blorp*

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jan 30, 2021

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I also think the "elite strike force" thread title may be a little too vague, i tend to forget this is the lawyers thread now

So anyway TIL that in my state, solicitors count as "law enforcement" and are all currently therefore eligible to be vaccinated

Public defenders, on the other hand, do not, and therefore are not

guess who has to talk to the general public and who doesn't?

guess who is requesting summons and bench warrants and who isn't?

arrrg

What the gently caress?

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
I am an extreme lurker for years but I would appreciate a discord invite. I greatly prefer forums posting than the never-ending discord chat streams but I am an attorney and gotta do something while on the toilet besides crossword puzzles.

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

So anyway TIL that in my state, solicitors count as "law enforcement" and are all currently therefore eligible to be vaccinated

Public defenders, on the other hand, do not, and therefore are not

guess who has to talk to the general public and who doesn't?

guess who is requesting summons and bench warrants and who isn't?

arrrg

lol what the actual gently caress

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
*blep*

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 30, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey could I get an invite to the discord?

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Hey could I get an invite to the discord?

Check your PMs.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Toona the Cat posted:

Check your PMs.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Slammu
May 31, 2010

JAWSOMEEE
Does anyone in here have experience taking the UK QLTS and want to spare some pointers via PM? I’m a long time lurker that would be greatly appreciative of any honest advice on the process.