Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
TV's proper shite today :mad:

why are all the people on 4 in a bed such petty, curtain twitching snobs. I'd like to watch a programme about squatters reviewing each other's places instead I think. Ideally presented by Richard Madeley

or just watch Richard Madeley squatting (in the property sense of course :/ )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Did anyone see The Chase Roadtrip? It was the strangest programme I have seen in a long time. It's like The Chase meets Love Island meets The Learning Zone (:rip:)

Shaun is sixty and looks like that :stare:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I assume none of the other Chasers wanted to spend any more time in Labbett's company than they absolutely had to

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Julio Cruz posted:

I assume none of the other Chasers wanted to spend any more time in Labbett's company than they absolutely had to

I’m curious how much of him being insufferable is part of his chaser persona

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I remember a goon who went on the show saying he is a complete dickhead and apparently once went several days on the set without washing just to piss off the crew :barf:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
there's been several posts ITT from people who've been/worked on the Chase all about how everyone on set absolutely loathes him on camera and off

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Is he the one that the crew hid his refreshments so he had to go a whole show without them because he couldn’t come down from the room? Because you’ve got to be quite a bit of a dick for that.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

with much relief can say that It's A Sin is every bit as good as it's been hyped up to be.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Cerv posted:

with much relief can say that It's A Sin is every bit as good as it's been hyped up to be.

Oh drat I'd seen people talking about this and just thought they'd all suddenly got really into Depeche Mode.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Taear posted:

Oh drat I'd seen people talking about this and just thought they'd all suddenly got really into Depeche Mode.

Pet Shop Boys?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Pet Shop Boys?

Or that

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

not a bot posted:

Second series of Back starting on Thursday was a nice bit of news.

I was not expecting this show to come ba.....to return after so long, so finding out that it’s all on All4 or whatever it’s called now has been a very good surprise. I didn’t love season 1 but I’m definitely happy to see more.

Also I am very sad about Year of the Rabbit getting un-renewed. loving COVID

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I keep meaning to watch Year of the Rabbit and only now realized while reading up on it that two of the Black Books writers wrote it. Now I'm definitely gonna see it, I absolutely adore Black Books.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

My Lovely Horse posted:

I keep meaning to watch Year of the Rabbit and only now realized while reading up on it that two of the Black Books writers wrote it. Now I'm definitely gonna see it, I absolutely adore Black Books.

They're mercenary writers that have done loads of poo poo on loads of comedy. Including dross like Little Britain. And Gnomeo And Juliet!
I wouldn't say they're REALLY black books writers, it's not like if it was Dylan Moran or Arthur Matthews.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Escobarbarian posted:

Also I am very sad about Year of the Rabbit getting un-renewed. loving COVID

Aww, that’s a shame. They’re trying to find a new partner, it seems. So hopefully it’s not gone for good.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
It had potential. Matt Berry will be sad, he loves hammy over the top Victorian stuff.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They both wrote for Veep for a couple seasons too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The_Doctor posted:

Aww, that’s a shame. They’re trying to find a new partner, it seems. So hopefully it’s not gone for good.

With Berry getting more international recognition due to Shadows, it's not impossible a streaming platform like Prime or Netflix might bite if the $ is right.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Cerv posted:

I'm trying to be disciplined and only watch one episode a night, but I am definitely hooked after the first one!

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Potterychat:
I don't know how alon survived. He clearly has some technical skill but every build so far has been a car-crash of aiming too high and falling flat on his face. Suz was robbed..

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

EL BROMANCE posted:

With Berry getting more international recognition due to Shadows, it's not impossible a streaming platform like Prime or Netflix might bite if the $ is right.

He's also good in Disenchantment, the new eps I've seen might be the best the show's been so far.

"Remember the wankers!"

RadicalTranslation
Jan 26, 2021

Struggling to get the appeal of Google Box. I've been watching old seasons just to see glimpses of what was on during the relative air dates and then finding those original programs to watch lol

Do people really like certain people on the program?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

RadicalTranslation posted:

Struggling to get the appeal of Google Box. I've been watching old seasons just to see glimpses of what was on during the relative air dates and then finding those original programs to watch lol

Do people really like certain people on the program?

I don't get it too.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Here are the guest stars of the new series of Inside No 9:
https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/6183/inside-no-9-series-6/

No word of when it will air, but I had no idea they had shot it, so that's great news.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

BizarroAzrael posted:

He's also good in Disenchantment, the new eps I've seen might be the best the show's been so far.

"Remember the wankers!"

Really?? The consensus is that season 3 has been the absolute worst
Don't get me wrong that's not down to Matt Berry or anything, he's doing fine.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Mickolution posted:

Here are the guest stars of the new series of Inside No 9:
https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/6183/inside-no-9-series-6/

No word of when it will air, but I had no idea they had shot it, so that's great news.

Oooooh Lindsay Duncan! She's amazing.

I adore Inside No 9 but the first watch of any episode is kind of terrifying because they're *demented* and you never know what the gently caress. Which is the point but I find I tend to enjoy my second time through more. I think that show scares me more than a lot of horror that's probably objectively more frightening just because you can't *trust* it. Amazing stuff.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Taear posted:

Really?? The consensus is that season 3 has been the absolute worst
Don't get me wrong that's not down to Matt Berry or anything, he's doing fine.

It’s my favourite one so far although it depends what you liked about the show. The pacing is a lot quicker which I prefer

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

HopperUK posted:

Oooooh Lindsay Duncan! She's amazing.

I adore Inside No 9 but the first watch of any episode is kind of terrifying because they're *demented* and you never know what the gently caress. Which is the point but I find I tend to enjoy my second time through more. I think that show scares me more than a lot of horror that's probably objectively more frightening just because you can't *trust* it. Amazing stuff.

Agree completely. I think I watched all of the last couple of series when they aired and then later that week with some friends. I picked up on a lot more details the second time around. I think it's because when you watch a new episode, you don't even know what the tone or genre will be. It could be relentlessly grim (the kitchen sink style drama) or quite light (the one with David & his mother) with a dark streak.

It shows how good it is that you can watch them again and again while knowing the twist and it's still great.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Pablo Bluth posted:

Potterychat:
I don't know how alon survived. He clearly has some technical skill but every build so far has been a car-crash of aiming too high and falling flat on his face. Suz was robbed..

I think we're ok for no spoilers now, so I will say - Suz's fruit was bad, but an amazing bowl. Alons fruit was amazing, but his.. it wasn't even a bowl.. was, uh.. hmmm.
Since it was more about the fruit than the bowl, the right person left in terms of the brief.
She should have said it was rotten though!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s my favourite one so far although it depends what you liked about the show. The pacing is a lot quicker which I prefer

None of the stories go anywhere!

Please come to the thread and discuss your thoughts

Taear fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jan 29, 2021

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm fully expecting Alon to get to the final after Mr Beaning his way through the competition.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
From here on in I shall refer to him as Alon Partridge.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I know I'm late to the part on this, but we finally finished Taskmaster NZ and it was a delight. I admit it started a little slow, but the contestants and Alex Horne stand-in really grow on you as time goes on.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

fischtick posted:

Taskmaster NZ

I have just started on episode 1 after the recommendations from this thread, and I let out an audible gasp when I first saw them all sat so close together, ha

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

fischtick posted:

I know I'm late to the part on this, but we finally finished Taskmaster NZ and it was a delight. I admit it started a little slow, but the contestants and Alex Horne stand-in really grow on you as time goes on.

Yeah, in particular the eventual winner of the series really became my favourite after a few episodes and kept on shining after that. I also really love it when a series of TM reserves a spectacular task for the very end (like Taskonbury in UK S5) and with Make the best desert the Kiwis absolutely nailed it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Good list of celebs on the new Celeb Bake Off. Anneka Rice!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

The Greg replacement for Taskmaster NZ is distractingly handsome. He looks like a superhero. Enjoying the first ep so far!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I dream of a world where we get all the international Taskmasters competing in an episode to see who the most taskiest master truly is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadicalTranslation
Jan 26, 2021

Anyone know if the early seasons of the great British bake off are worth watching? Trying to figure out where to start with the series.