Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Ok Comboomer posted:

I never declared anything dude, I just said I’d fallen out of listening to various podcasts after years of getting bored and finding other poo poo to listen to and generally changing my media habits and Friendly Fire was the last one at the moment. It genuinely felt kinda strange that after a decade+ of listening to MaxFun shows I didn’t have any that I was currently following.

Ok Comboomer posted:

welp, I guess I’m totally done listening to MaxFun shows then. Friendly Fire was my last holdout

maybe find a thread where you can discuss your interests, which do not include the topic of this thread at all, instead of posting poo poo like

Ok Comboomer posted:

do you think the brothers fight over who gets to play a woman every time there’s a new Adventure Zone season?

or your multiple long screeds about liberals 'cancelling' people that unironically sound like chud poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it's amazing this thread has held on to a rating of 3

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

eke out posted:

or your multiple long screeds about liberals 'cancelling' people that unironically sound like chud poo poo

Calling Twitter shitbirds 'liberals' is a borderline ad hominem attack on actual liberals.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

eke out posted:

maybe find a thread where you can discuss your interests, which do not include the topic of this thread at all, instead of posting poo poo like

:chloe:

which screeds are those? Notice that I’ve been participating in the thread and talking with other posters and having discourse about the thread topic while you’ve been doing literally fuckall besides going after me and accusing me of ‘making GBS threads up the thread’.

If you don’t like the topic of conversation then maybe that’s on you.

Currently there seem to be more people here who want to talk to me than to you, so why don’t you go someplace else?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol you came to this thread to make your first ever post 500 words about how the 'liberals' cancelling beandad are proof cancel culture exists

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I can't believe this thread is actively getting worse than the Giant Bomb thread

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

At this point the thread no longer discusses the podcast, it only discusses discussions about the podcast.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I can't believe this thread is actively getting worse than the Giant Bomb thread

i don't believe that for a single second

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Can we just talk for a second about how insanely uptight the family in that Yahoo is though? Like you can disallow certain words in Scrabble, it's not that hard. So it's wild that grandma thinks she HAS to play 'dirty' words if it's anywhere within her letter arrangement, like there's absolutely nothing else you can do with those letters to the point where the whole family can't play the game because that circumstance might potentially come up. That's not just conservative/religious, that's some "we live on a compound" poo poo right there.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
There are still people on this forum performatively competing to be the most annoyed at 'woke' culture? Could have sworn people would have grown out of that like five years ago.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Alaois posted:

i don't believe that for a single second

It's been over a year since I heard anyone in the GB thread complain about cancel culture or misattribute performative wokeness or brag about their ability to spot a sex pest like it's a spectator sport

Granted the bizarre vitriol aimed towards the people they're allegedly fans of is thicker over there (though I've never heard anyone suggest Brad Shoemaker has sexually assaulted anyone because of "creeper vibes" so maybe this thread is worse there too)

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
We're just doin' a goof, guys. It's a bit. Stop being all Griffin about it.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
The McElroy Family Podcasting Empire: Whining about cancel culture, as a goof

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

Colonel Whitey posted:

The McElroy Family Podcasting Empire: Whining about cancel culture, as a goof

It has at least as much merit as SadLibs.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Play Along at Home is somehow more entertaining than Sad Libs, may it rest in piss

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I hear Sad Libs come up a lot when discussing awful Travis bits, but I've never heard them. Is it a live show thing? I've listened to most of the podcast other than live shows and I don't recall Sad Libs ever coming up.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

It's a really old bit that Travis did around the time MBMBaM joined Max Fun. He kept it up for live shows for a while, but he dropped it years ago.

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4rFzcF-LZVo

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
This book event is off to a great start-it started 20 minutes late and Travis had to disconnect and reconnect four times before he could hear anything.

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

The only good mbmbam segment is haunted doll watch and it had enough self respect not to continue to haunt the podcast past its expectation date

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Reaverbot posted:

The only good mbmbam segment is haunted doll watch and it had enough self respect not to continue to haunt the podcast past its expectation date

Justin will occasionally pull one out and every time I'm all "Oh yeah this bit exists."

Bring back farm wisdom IMO

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Riddle me piss was the best segment the show ever had, and that's including answering questions

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

flavor.flv posted:

Riddle me piss was the best segment the show ever had, and that's including answering questions

Ok, now we’ve found the sex pest.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Previa_fun posted:

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't really. On one hand you have the scenario you outlined, on the other hand McElroy fans lose their mind over green skin and glass shark.

Also Lup is Chalupa. :colbert:

:hmmyes:

T'Chaluup'a

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

There are still people on this forum performatively competing to be the most annoyed at 'woke' culture? Could have sworn people would have grown out of that like five years ago.

Much like edgy 2000's era humor, amirite? :v:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

sticklefifer posted:

Can we just talk for a second about how insanely uptight the family in that Yahoo is though? Like you can disallow certain words in Scrabble, it's not that hard. So it's wild that grandma thinks she HAS to play 'dirty' words if it's anywhere within her letter arrangement, like there's absolutely nothing else you can do with those letters to the point where the whole family can't play the game because that circumstance might potentially come up. That's not just conservative/religious, that's some "we live on a compound" poo poo right there.
First thought I had was Mormons because it seems like a thing they would do in hating gambling and swearing

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Part of the problem with Munch Squad over the last year is that it turned into Justin's Covid Anxiety Corner, where he yells at people for bringing up the pandemic and then spends 15 minutes talking about the pandemic.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Nameless Pete posted:

Part of the problem with Munch Squad over the last year is that it turned into Justin's Covid Anxiety Corner, where he yells at people for bringing up the pandemic and then spends 15 minutes talking about the pandemic.

It's yelling at brands for being like "In a year that has been so unprecedented, we're proud to introduce the new line of Bacon Jalapeño Popper Chicken Slammers, because you deserve it after the challenges of this year" which is terrible poo poo that deserves every ounce of ire Justin throws at it

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Yeah, the problem is that there needs to be editorializing that, on its own, would merit the segment. I think they've hit that mark maybe ... 5 times.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Marsupial Ape posted:

Ok, now we’ve found the sex pest.

Nah, the bit is actually really good and they usually have fun with it after groaning through the Riddlemaster intro. Mining the internet for dumb poo poo people say on contributor websites is totally on brand, and pretty close to Yahoo Answers.

Now I kind of wish they had a Genius lyrical analysis segment, because that's an untapped goldmine. "guys in this one song he says 'rear end' now let me tell you why that actually means donkey and how it relates to this obscure Old Testament passage"

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
“After a year of unprecedented hardship and tribulation, in the face of never-before-seen threats to our nation’s constitutional democracy and the long-term health of our republic, as the global siblinghood of humankind dances on the knife’s edge of oblivion, Restaurant Brands International, LLC invites you to Remain on the Smooth Tip

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

Nah, the bit is actually really good and they usually have fun with it after groaning through the Riddlemaster intro. Mining the internet for dumb poo poo people say on contributor websites is totally on brand, and pretty close to Yahoo Answers.

Now I kind of wish they had a Genius lyrical analysis segment, because that's an untapped goldmine. "guys in this one song he says 'rear end' now let me tell you why that actually means donkey and how it relates to this obscure Old Testament passage"

BRB, starting this podcast.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

QuoProQuid posted:

is the dave matthews band or phish game funny if you are familiar with the dave matthews band and/or phish?

Yeah, I gotta imagine the only two people who enjoy the bit are me and Travis but I respect that he's out there making that kind of narrow-focused content.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
Isn’t the joke just that Dave Matthews Band is “Phish, but horny”?

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020
It's more generally making fun of the class of lyric-writing where you sing something that kinda works in the moment with the music but doesn't actually make any goddamn sense, which both of those bands do and DMB does hornily.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Grunch Worldflower posted:

It's more generally making fun of the class of lyric-writing where you sing something that kinda works in the moment with the music but doesn't actually make any goddamn sense, which both of those bands do and DMB does hornily.

So, the answer is “yes” then.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Finally got around to listening to the Besties, and I gotta say that I'm pretty stoked to hear Justin and Griffin talking without Travis. It seems like they're usually trying to match Travis' energy, so it's cool hearing them riff off of two other chill guys, one of whom can be a little pessimistic, as opposed to how optimistic and cheery McElroy content can be these days. I don't hate Trav like some people do, but the personality that he's been cultivating over the past few years (including his louder, squeakier voice) is just kind of exhausting.

I will say that one of my biggest peeves is hearing how badly people who talk about games are at actually describing games.

"Hades I guess is like if you took Doom Eternal, pulled it out of first person, added in Baldur's Gate mechanics, then took out those mechanics, and I guess uh it's completely impossible to describe."

That's obviously not a quote, but it's just nutty how professional game-talkers can't really find good points of reference for these sorts of things.

Grunch Worldflower
Nov 16, 2020

Ok Comboomer posted:

So, the answer is “yes” then.

I mean, yeah, whatever get you through your weird obsessive hatred of this podcast you can't stop posting about.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Over Christmas I subscribed to a podcast called Escape This Podcast, because British comedian and creator of Taskmaster Alex Horne was on it. I forgot to unsubscribe, and it just refreshed to show that Travis and Justin are the latest guests.

It's basically a one hour audio escape room.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
That's just made me realise, I would love to see the McElroy brothers and Clint be on Taskmaster. There's no reality in which that happens obviously but goddamn that would be absolute carnage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Grunch Worldflower posted:

I mean, yeah, whatever get you through your weird obsessive hatred of this podcast you can't stop posting about.

Completely undeserved venom coming from my dude here, but ok. Thanks for the totally unnecessary extra clarification at the end.