Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

i think that only happens if you have a margin account

Nope!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

So what are people using to make trades?

currently using robinhood though it's been real annoying to use today. trying to use ally but the account is still pending. heard good things about td ameritrade so might check that out too.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Omnicarus posted:

So there's another tab on this trading app that is called Forex is that something worth looking into?

Yes.

But like everything else, read read read a lot about it first.

Foreign currency stuff is fun because you can feel like you're somewhat in control by reading a lot of news.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Jon Irenicus posted:

lmao they are going to attempt to make talking about trading stocks while being a prole illegal.

yep

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

OhFunny posted:

Imagine if they bail out hedge funds and cancel the 2,000 checks, because people would use them "irresponsibly"

Sounds like an extremely good way for Biden to instantly hit 2007 Dubbya levels of approval ratings lol

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

The Alpha Centauri posted:

:wtc: how is that allowed

It's costing rich people money.

Rich people make the rules, and change the rules if they are not to their benefit.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

oxsnard posted:

nope, it's a 25k account liquidation balance. If you trigger the day trader rule you can't buy any new positions for like 90 days

aw boo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dreylad posted:

"look at the posts"
i've got some posts i'm willing to trade for $5/post. they're going to the moon 🚀

^ just look at the value in this post

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Jellidelic posted:

if i had 50k id give it to cumshitter

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

drat koss up 200%

I should have just went all in on that yesterday instead of messing with BB

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Jon Irenicus posted:

lmao they are going to attempt to make talking about trading stocks while being a prole illegal.

“Thoughts on BB?” I say as I get arrested for alleged stock manipulation when I was talking about Breaking Bad in retrospect.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

why is NOK going DOWN?

i want it to go UP!

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Bought an equal amount of puts on Nokia as my calls.

Am I dumb?

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

mila kunis posted:

i hope this is over by next week so i can come back to this thread to read about the shipping industry

gently caress thats my industry and i come here for news lmao

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean this is a result of student loan deferment is it not these people now have money

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Horny is prohibited

coked up traders: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

DesertIslandHermit posted:

“Thoughts on BB?” I say as I get arrested for alleged stock manipulation when I was talking about Breaking Bad in retrospect.

Sam Porter Bridges black bagged and sent to Gitmo

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Stop right there criminal scum! I heard you say lol remember Jncos?

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

get ready for some Catholic dogma poo poo. its illegal for the common peasants to translate the Bible into native languages. it's illegal for you to look at the Dow Jones Index. you have to come to our houses of worship.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

if the FEC determines this isn't blatantly illegal manipulation, could investors who got frozen out on the assumption they were behaving illegally sue?

It's their market, they make the rules. I assume the SEC can step in if something blatant went on.

NASDAQ isn't going to halt trading for someone posting HODL.

NASDAQ could easily halt trading if someone hacked GameStop's social media and started putting out bogus press releases about imminent share buybacks.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

robinhood still hasnt approved my account!!!

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

DesertIslandHermit posted:

could still get you if you bought the wrong AMC

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

wolfs posted:

drat koss up 200%

I should have just went all in on that yesterday instead of messing with BB

I cashed my koss at 200% around $33, my buddy bought in at that level and whoops lmao

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

you arent supposed to tell them you're unemployed

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

someone make NOK go up

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I just made more money pooping than most Americans have gotten from either their government or a job in like 7 months

Capitalism is broken

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oil! posted:

It's their market, they make the rules. I assume the SEC can step in if something blatant went on.

NASDAQ could easily halt trading if someone hacked GameStop's social media and started putting out bogus press releases about imminent share buybacks.

considering this is what they're saying they're planning on doing now and the first case is 100% of what is going on, it sounds like they're moving into a position to defend rich criminals against the poor who found a gotcha in the "gently caress over poor people" contracts

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Oil! posted:

The problem with the tweet is that the mere threat of action scares people off. Markets run on perception not reality.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

PawParole posted:

Am I dumb?

nope you are not

really always remind yourselves that there is no such thing as clairvoyance and you can't predict poo poo

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

BY GOD IS THAT YELLEN'S MUSIC?

https://twitter.com/Marketplace/status/1352386787700781058?s=20

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

PawParole posted:

Am I dumb?

that’s a covered call, right...? I dunno

I read puts can be infinite losses and said no thanks

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Dr. VooDoo posted:

someone make NOK go up

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://youtube/HLMXMTFtCHo

SEC's même police.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its NOK or the highway

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Epic High Five posted:

it's absolutely the accelerationist stance

I know they're framing this as basically just Melvin being hosed but there's no chance there isn't some massively complex and extremely illegal interconnectedness going on between them and tons of others that can't stand to have one just fail outright and suddenly

Yeah thats why I don't buy that any squeeze is happening. I hope that a bunch of goons make money though.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

why is NOK going DOWN?

i want it to go UP!

Big swings on meme stocks are after hours and market open. Just hold.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

they never filled my order pieces of poo poo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
where there's NOK, there's fire

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Senator Mcmurder posted:

Bought BB on Friday, just sold now for 10$ more per share. Made over 1000$ in profit for clicking a button twice, all in a tax free account.

uhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Dr. VooDoo posted:

someone make NOK go up

it was me i put in so much money it went to the moon