Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

cr0y posted:

AMC just started it's insanity today. GME might be running out of gas but AMC and NOK just got to the party (in my opinion)

(Neither of these will squeeze like GME but I think they are still gonna run)

I tried to buy 15 AMC last night but of course the loving market is east coast based. If it went through I'd be nearly 200 bucks richer :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Quote me to mock me tomorrow of course, but this is the top of this bullshit and it's time to get out.

GME is never touching $400 and AMC is never touching $25

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Despite the deluge of trades happening, AMC hasn't yet climbed back to the price it opened the day at ($20.30). I wonder if it'll go crazy again after hours.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

elon tweet about amc

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

cr0y posted:

AMC just started it's insanity today. GME might be running out of gas but AMC and NOK just got to the party (in my opinion)

(Neither of these will squeeze like GME but I think they are still gonna run)

AMC started late yesterday, it was flying in after hours.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Is the broader downturn in the market linked to the meme stock frenzy? 2.5% drop seems pretty bad

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

billionaire man make the tweet

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

GME has people freaked out because you can literally double your tendies from today by Friday. I don’t think these people are mad because they care about retail traders holding the bag. They don’t care about them.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

So what's going to happen on Friday after RobinHood's servers melt down?

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Quote me to mock me tomorrow of course, but this is the top of this bullshit and it's time to get out.

I bet AMC will easily clear $25, it's supposedly the next "primary target."

I don't own any though, so I'm not actually betting.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Vox Nihili posted:

Is the broader downturn in the market linked to the meme stock frenzy? 2.5% drop seems pretty bad

Would *you* want to be sensible while people are throwing money at Gamestop and a theater chain that can't show any loving movies and making bank?

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Inner Light posted:

billionaire man make the tweet

emperorpalpatinedoit.gif

He's worth so much now he could literally not give a flying gently caress if the SEC fines him.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 days!

Teeter posted:

So what's going to happen on Friday after RobinHood's servers melt down?

If you bought GME and have reddit in your browser history you will go to jail.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Shammypants posted:

GME has people freaked out because you can literally double your tendies from today by Friday. I don’t think these people are mad because they care about retail traders holding the bag. They don’t care about them.

Do the options and/or shorts expire end of day on Friday or at the start? Like what the gently caress is going to happen. I have GME and I don't know what to do with this.

Grem posted:

Free meals and boarding

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

BB dropping. Boo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Vox Nihili posted:

I bet AMC will easily clear $25, it's supposedly the next "primary target."

I don't own any though, so I'm not actually betting.

Honestly that's a big part of why I view the WSB thing as a brazen pump and dump (big shocker there of course). Claiming that there's a next move, trust the plan, you won't be left holding the bag, is some Cult Programming 101 stuff

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Vox Nihili posted:

Yah here we go, and I'm way too loving long.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Vox Nihili posted:

the broad market is "how certain rich people are about things going good" and given what's going on, the market is Very Uncertain which is basically the only thing that's actually bad for number

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Bedlam posted:

BB dropping. Boo

People want in on other action, BB is a long play

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug
I'm just another idiot lurker, but if I understand right, a lot of the GME stocks that were shorted have to be returned by Friday, but is that Friday morning or close of trade?

The guys who are short selling can decide to "move out of their positions" (is that proper degenerate speak?) and buy GME stocks now if they think the stock is going to go even higher, but they haven't yet.

Assuming that the short sellers hold out until Friday, are they basically forced to buy the stock, and if so, what happens if they don't have the liquidity to cover it?

orange sky
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/miakhalifa/status/1354524728958963712?s=19

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I could see it going up more, there are randos pouring into the thread to ask about buying gme even now lol

sim
Sep 24, 2003

I had a limit order to sell AMC@$20. Changed it to $19 as the stock bounced between 18 and 19 for the power hour. The order never seemed to have executed. Tried to cancel; now it says my cancel was rejected. Vanguard is not handling the traffic very well. Also, just looked at AMC's volume for today: 1.13b :stonk:

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

Grem posted:

I'm in Canada, good luck SEC

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Yeah people who normally trade are kinda out classed at the moment by sheer, unreasonable, momentum.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

The general market is kinda poo poo as well because the fed didn't move rates.

Kal Torak
Jul 17, 2003

When Giles sends me on a mission, he says "please". And afterwards I get a cookie.

Puppy Galaxy posted:

elon tweet about amc

Elon is a tad busy today.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Inept posted:

I could see it going up more, there are randos pouring into the thread to ask about buying gme even now lol

it's been "stable" at the $330 range all day, people are quietly exiting just as quickly as latecomers are showing up

e: also I don't know which trading platforms are banning being able to buy/sell the meme stocks lol

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Enigma89 posted:

Like what the gently caress is going to happen. I have GME and I don't know what to do with this.

Is it way the gently caress more than you bought it for? Sell it.

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

sim posted:

I had a limit order to sell AMC@$20. Changed it to $19 as the stock bounced between 18 and 19 for the power hour. The order never seemed to have executed. Tried to cancel; now it says my cancel was rejected. Vanguard is not handling the traffic very well. Also, just looked at AMC's volume for today: 1.13b :stonk:

You and me both.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I think some people just got out on AMC and NOK as they dropped close to the end of day but they are picking back up so I wouldn't be surprised to see them both go up quite a bit after hours.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

GME is never touching $400

I'll mock you now, and then you can mock me tomorrow if it turns out you were right!

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Chamath's full interview on CNBC in case it hasn't been posted yet:
https://youtu.be/z7WbU9NekvI

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
One man's mock is another man's got 'em

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I'm still unsure why NOK is suddenly part of this. I'm not complaining because I have many hundreds of shares of it for some time now but I didn't expect this sudden gain in one day.

I think I bought at around 3 USD if I'm not mistaken, after the March crash. Don't think I'll be selling anyway.

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

I’m dumb: Can anyone explain why AMC would short/gamma squeeze as well? GME I get, there’s more shares shorted than exist so a squeeze would happen. But while AMC is also very shorted, it is not near the level of GME

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
I'm up 4k usd today on meme stocks. I sold my 100@$38 gme at $140 yesterday so sucks to be me I guess.

God bless the reddidiots

Gambling fund literally up 40k over the last 3 days what a world.

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

One man's mock is another man's got 'em

I'm shorting your ego.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I imagine a dip at the end and then a flood of FOMO surge after hours as news spreads and the couple people that still have jobs get home and play on their phones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone