Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Can confirm that every dang youtuber is now making a community poll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Coffin is literally a person who started with the desire to build an online brand and worked backward from there to find an ethic and perspective, as seen in how they started out doing dumb skits and self-ball-kicking for money.

Maybe I’ll give a minuscule amount of credit to Peter for not just being another internet reactionary, but that just means they’re either a little bit canny or draw the line at concentration camps, which isn’t really worth any credit.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I watched Contra's new video today and it was very good.

Yeah, that's the post.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I feel conflicted about Karl Jobst because I love his commentary and presentation but god drat does he go in hard with the "why do they get to say it but I can't???" rhetoric. At least JonTron had the decency to apologize and admit he had no idea what he was talking about.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

At least JonTron had the decency to apologize and admit he had no idea what he was talking about.

I don't remember this.

To my understanding the only thing that really stops him from spewing junk is whoever advises him telling him to shut the gently caress up about politics and even then he still can't help but say that he just wants to grill

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

There's a new Monster Factory!

https://youtu.be/bs0zhMCul5Q

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I feel conflicted about Karl Jobst because I love his commentary and presentation but god drat does he go in hard with the "why do they get to say it but I can't???" rhetoric. At least JonTron had the decency to apologize and admit he had no idea what he was talking about.

He literally hangs out in private servers with open neonazis and white supremacists.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Kim Justice posted:

I don't remember this.

To my understanding the only thing that really stops him from spewing junk is whoever advises him telling him to shut the gently caress up about politics and even then he still can't help but say that he just wants to grill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIFf7qwlnSc

I guess I must have badly misremembered because it reads less like an apology and more of a "I just wanna have an honest conversation" weaseling.

DoctorWhat posted:

He literally hangs out in private servers with open neonazis and white supremacists.

drat there's really no defending that. Unsubbed.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 27, 2021

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
JonTron only apologized for phrasing his arguments poorly, but his arguments were that the white gene pool was being contaminated and black people commit more crimes. He didn't apologize for what he believes.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I don't know what the hell this is, but it starts in five minutes and Jamie Loftus is the comedian who spent a year in MENSA documenting how psychotic and racist all the members of her local chapter were, which caused them to declare a nerd vendetta against her.

https://twitter.com/MaggieMaeFish/status/1354139269913210882?s=20

I AM GRANDO fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 27, 2021

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

This is the channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz5qf0xNIL7ER18QHx3hdQ

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Ague Proof posted:

JonTron only apologized for phrasing his arguments poorly, but his arguments were that the white gene pool was being contaminated and black people commit more crimes. He didn't apologize for what he believes.

Yeah I definitely caught that this time around as opposed to when the video first came out ~4 years ago.

What baffles my mind is how people like this don't realize that you NEED diverse gene pools to, you know, avoid birth defects.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Non-white White Supremacists like JonTron will always baffle the gently caress out of me.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Yeah I definitely caught that this time around as opposed to when the video first came out ~4 years ago.

What baffles my mind is how people like this don't realize that you NEED diverse gene pools to, you know, avoid birth defects.

Sure, but you also need to keep out the evil criminal genes that make people into bad people. I’m a very scientific thinker, you see.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Vanderdeath posted:

Non-white White Supremacists like JonTron will always baffle the gently caress out of me.

Nazis like to keep nonwhite nazis around until they're not necessary any more, for cover and help with their stuff. From Jon's perspective, he's probably guessing that he's one of the good ones and will eventually be accepted or spared. (He won't)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Jamie Faith posted:

I was going to post something snarky about Contra Points, but I realized that would get some people mad and it would start a big dumb slap fight, so instead, let's dunk on someone everyone here agrees is a dumbass :thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/ThoughtSlime/status/1354191643356901376

i am curious how long it will be until folks like coffin and dore go full strasser because branding or some lovely other reason. Coffin has always been a weird scammer dipshit and them going full strasser/alt light seems like the most probable course to me. dore seems to just be pissed that FTV flopped and him getting mad AOC and the squad about it didnt take off either.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Coffin is literally a person who started with the desire to build an online brand and worked backward from there to find an ethic and perspective, as seen in how they started out doing dumb skits and self-ball-kicking for money.

Maybe I’ll give a minuscule amount of credit to Peter for not just being another internet reactionary, but that just means they’re either a little bit canny or draw the line at concentration camps, which isn’t really worth any credit.

ehh. your giving them do much credit. they never had ethics and while i don't think coffin is some evil secret bigot, i think they would go strasser/alt light in a heart beat if they sensed they were too damaged in the left or if some strasserite said the right words to them.

JordanKai posted:

Peter Coffin really gets on my nerves because they love to play leftier-than-thou games, but as far as I know they don't actually engage in any leftist/progressive activities outside of producing Content. I feel like if you call other people "breadlets" and don't at least work at a soup kitchen or something you're a massive hypocrite.

its because its just funny hat they wear to make money.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 27, 2021

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
On the subject of the YT algo, I never suffered terrible recommendations for the longest time. Occasional spurts of dumb bullshit I had to meticulously prune out - oh you watched one funny Korone clip, that means you want literally every single piece of Vtuber content ever produced right? right?? - but for some reason this week the dam finally broke and I'm getting every last terrible channel recommended to me. Max loving Landis? SCOTT loving ADAMS? Fuuuuck oooooffff, Youtube.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/AllisonPregler/status/1354544220644765696

Aw! Congrats to those two!

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Hey all. A few weeks ago I finished my video on the future of Qanon in which I interviewed a cult deprogrammer about the movement. I was very proud of the finished product and was happily surprised it didn't brigaded by believers.

That is, until today. Don't know who posted it where but I've had to delete a bunch of comments the last 24 hours. Stuff I expected - I don't know what I'm talking about, deprogramming someone is worse than letting them be in a cult, that I (or the deprogrammer) have been paid off, etc. I've been deleting comments like that, but is it the right way to go? What do you all recommend?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Yeah I say delete em. What's the alternative, have a reasoned debate with them? Fat chance.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Calico Heart posted:

Hey all. A few weeks ago I finished my video on the future of Qanon in which I interviewed a cult deprogrammer about the movement. I was very proud of the finished product and was happily surprised it didn't brigaded by believers.

That is, until today. Don't know who posted it where but I've had to delete a bunch of comments the last 24 hours. Stuff I expected - I don't know what I'm talking about, deprogramming someone is worse than letting them be in a cult, that I (or the deprogrammer) have been paid off, etc. I've been deleting comments like that, but is it the right way to go? What do you all recommend?

There's no value in keeping comments like those around. Personally I always think it's great when I see a creator who takes the time to keep a basic level of quality control over the comments.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

cool. i thought they broke up or something. still nice.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Congrats, Allison! :buddy:

and phelan i guess

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Congrats Wabuu.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Canadian citizenship is a pretty nice bonus too. You might not need it right now, but why take chances with the future of this lousy country?

She posted a really nice video the night trump won about stepping up and helping others survive that I appreciated, but there comes a point when you’ve gotta go, you know? Plus living long-distance is no fun.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Can confirm that every dang youtuber is now making a community poll

im a big fan of tehsnakerer's obligatory community poll, personally

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Phelous still makes great videos after all this time - it'd be nice seeing him do more horror films, but I guess he wanted to mix it up a bit.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

the tumblr clown discusses the holocaust clown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfr7YLVEsdI

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
the framing of that from the thumbnail is a little annoying to me considering "the day the clown cried" is probably more (allegedly) shockingly inept than disturbing. ill watch it in a minute as it is my solemn duty as a "the day the clown cried" superfan...

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
https://twitter.com/RationalDis/status/1354463463003848705?s=20

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1354633025540259843?s=20

Shaun owns, and it's extremely cool how since the US election he's managed to get so many Libs playing at being Left to show their rear end in a worryingly pathological way through basic sarcasm and no poo poo takes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you could make minimum wage six billion dollars and it wouldn't affect the economy because money is just an abstraction.

actually i take that back, it would affect the american economy because they would bankrupt themselves printing $1 bills.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Calico Heart posted:

thanks for reminding me about your video so I can save it

I don't think you have any obligations to try to argue or fight to deprogram people, because well gestures broadly. I see no reason to keep those kinds of comments around, but also don't think you need to worry about deleting them out.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

fun hater posted:

the framing of that from the thumbnail is a little annoying to me considering "the day the clown cried" is probably more (allegedly) shockingly inept than disturbing. ill watch it in a minute as it is my solemn duty as a "the day the clown cried" superfan...

i had a lot of problems with the accuracy in this and i bristled pretty overtly at the claim that a movie from 1972 was the first movie to depict concentration camps, let alone "one of the first holocaust movies". this could be easily fact-checked with a quick glance on wikipedia. orson welles' "the stranger" uses documentary footage.

the behind the scenes footage is very easy to find:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VFqHCAyv4o

the reason why the movie has bad sound and visuals (allegedly) is because lewis walked off with the rough cut to make sure the film wasn't lost. it's an unfinished print. it's not "shoddy quality", its...not done lol.

anyway. that's me nitpicking. please release the day the clown cried on a free streaming service immediately 2021

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

SteelMentor posted:

Shaun owns, and it's extremely cool how since the US election he's managed to get so many Libs playing at being Left to show their rear end in a worryingly pathological way through basic sarcasm and no poo poo takes.

Russia was paying teachers in vodka during the early 90's. America should use that as an alternative for minimum wage.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Isn't Coffin the guy who made up a Japanese girlfriend?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
You're supposed to take him at face value on the gf thing according to Twitter for some reason. Have no idea why but people seem to think that is the one thing he wasn't lying about because alt right people also made fun of him for it.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

I remember one video blaming the whole thing on an elaborate catfishing scheme by some trolls, but even if that were true, which sounds kind of unlikely, it would just make Coffin look like a complete idiot to have fallen for it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think it was brought up in this thread before but I'm pretty sure that Peter Coffin uses they/them pronouns. Just like Jim Sterling

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

SteelMentor posted:

Shaun is a ridiculous clout-chasing idiot on twitter which was a real disappointment after his excellent videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Samovar posted:

Isn't Coffin the guy who made up a Japanese girlfriend?

Theyre NB and use they/them pronouns but anyway yeah they are lol

SteelMentor posted:

RationalDis is the tool who defended neo nazi mass shooter Rittenhouse.

Also pretty sure Shaun is joking lol All Shaun tweets is half serious shitposts