Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

:lovebird: Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Aceofblue posted:

:lovebird: Thank you!

Good dogs on couches should be the axis upon which new renaissance art revolves.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The below picture is Mr Kitty. I have no idea if Mr Kitty is a boy kitty or a girl kitty.

It's a feral that started hanging out in my shed just after Thanksgiving. Its favorite activity is to sit at the sliding glass door and shoot guilt rays at me. Whenever I open the door it darts to the back of the yard.

I started leaving food out and a heated water bowl after I saw it drinking snowmelt. With the snow that was forecast earlier, I bought a pre-fab shelter and stuffed it full of wheat straw, and it was a big hit. Now it only runs away around the corner of the house peeking at me when open the door.

I *think* it may actually be a stray or abandoned mostly because of how it (sorta) interacts with Little Dog. Little Dog is semi-blind and wholly oblivious and this cat has taken to "stalking" Little Dog's back. It LD notices and turns around the cat darts away. If LD doesn't notice the cat takes what look like kitten hops up to her butt, then boops her butt with a paw and then runs away. At no time am I seeing what I'd consider to be agitated or aggressive body language from the cat (I have two indoor cats who can get quite annoyed at the dog). I think it just wants to play.

I wanted to bring it in, but with two cats already in the house it would be nothing but disharmony.

Anyhow I think I just adopted an outdoor cat, or the cat adopted me. Regardless, come spring I'm going to trap and get it spayed/neutered as appropriate and an overall exam and any shots. I'll also have it scanned for a chip.

This is a pic right after I put the shelter together and snow just started.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Is that cat walleyed

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is that cat walleyed

If it’s a girl please name it Sarah.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is that cat walleyed

It's not, I think that's just light shine. This was taken in the dark and I was backlit by the house.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Not that it isn't blessed, because it very much is, but those videos are from 2014.

You know what's even more blessed, though? The dad is still going at it!

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Here's a snow dog and a lesson in corgi physics

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKhPWR0HjUx/?igshid=hhmpou4fwwrb

Insta link because the gif was huge or ugly so sorry if linking the wife's account for the dog is uncool.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/xi7MYNr.mp4

Fashion show in Mumbai.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

*sits at the front in big sunglasses, holding chin and nodding* yes, very bold choice

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/XkGl9vg.mp4
Sound definitely on

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Cocaine Bear posted:

Here's a snow dog and a lesson in corgi physics

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKhPWR0HjUx/?igshid=hhmpou4fwwrb

Insta link because the gif was huge or ugly so sorry if linking the wife's account for the dog is uncool.

Don't you dare apologize for posting Dizi!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

This is cool as gently caress, but I would rather see the actual looping process, rather than this staged version - because it's gotta be a lot more involved than that.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

This is cool as gently caress, but I would rather see the actual looping process, rather than this staged version - because it's gotta be a lot more involved than that.

Not necessarily, you can do it with pedals. Can't see his feet here but I've seen musicians do it live that make it look easy. I'm sure lots of practice was involved of course.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

What you see is actually basically it. Like the poster above me said, the pedals to control the loop are probably operated by his feet.

Here's a cool song that showcases how it works:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiInBOVHpO8

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Reggie Watts does the same thing for live shows but for singing and beatboxing. poo poo is crazy impressive.

j.peeba
Oct 25, 2010

Almost Human
Nap Ghost
The looping or performing are not the issue. The issue is that half of the things he did on the video couldn’t produce the sounds that were heard.

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

j.peeba posted:

The looping or performing are not the issue. The issue is that half of the things he did on the video couldn’t produce the sounds that were heard.

Yeah lol, these folks explaining how a loop pedal works when the dude makes a bell sound come from a cymbal in the video. He’s just miming to the track.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Maybe he engineered a pedal that makes it do that you don't know.

Can't you just let it be magic? drat.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Is that cat walleyed

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

If it’s a girl please name it Sarah.

:lol:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GUINEA PIGS

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qnjulnXvB21yri6y0.mp4

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Lol, didn't even notice the first decorative status bread ring until the text popped up. All hail the Pigeon King!

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

A real demonstration of what you can do with loops (though he's using a pad and not pedals):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vBwRfQbXkg

Pandaal
Mar 7, 2020

Was supposed to see Marc this year :(

Covid, decidedly not #blessed.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/NehmahlCutie/status/1354814961231437838

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

Proteus Jones posted:

[...] come spring I'm going to trap and get it spayed/neutered as appropriate and an overall exam and any shots. I'll also have it scanned for a chip.

why wait? Get that cat!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Double post, I regret nothing :colbert:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Me, A Fool: "you can't possibly get any blessed content from a seedy looking warehouse loading area"

The Internet: "Blessings come in all forms"

https://i.imgur.com/rj6aKTI.mp4

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:perfect:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Pandaal posted:

Yeah lol, these folks explaining how a loop pedal works when the dude makes a bell sound come from a cymbal in the video. He’s just miming to the track.

He doesn't even hit the cymbal, the triangle also produced 2 different distinct pitches when hit exactly the same.

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

and you can't make that sound with a drinking glass

do anyone actually remember what the instrument making that sound is called? last time i saw it i was a kid, and i can't remember the name

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Frosty Dingo!

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

sigher posted:

He doesn't even hit the cymbal, the triangle also produced 2 different distinct pitches when hit exactly the same.

I hope someone got fired for that blunder

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cute dog.

Frosty Dingo is either the name of a mixed drink or a sex move
It has to be

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Isn't that that show from the folks that made Sealab 2021 and Archer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Memento posted:

Isn't that that show from the folks that made Sealab 2021 and Archer?

Frisky Dingo. It's on the HBO streaming thing if you want to watch it.