Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

SteelMentor posted:

https://twitter.com/RationalDis/status/1354463463003848705?s=20

https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1354633025540259843?s=20

Shaun owns, and it's extremely cool how since the US election he's managed to get so many Libs playing at being Left to show their rear end in a worryingly pathological way through basic sarcasm and no poo poo takes.

Unless he's joking about this being his real opinion, it looks like the one showing his rear end here is Shaun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

fatherboxx posted:

Shaun is a ridiculous clout-chasing idiot on twitter which was a real disappointment after his excellent videos

no he isn't? he's just a troll, always has been

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Archer666 posted:

Unless he's joking about this being his real opinion, it looks like the one showing his rear end here is Shaun.
one cheek is tattooed with a six, the other a nine. there is a half-circle around the anus which reads "nice" in cursive.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

fatherboxx posted:

clout-chasing
How so?

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I just found out Jontron's real name is Jonathan Aryan Jafari. Holy poo poo.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Lotta clout to farm through shitposting and retweeting vtuber clips.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

fatherboxx posted:

Shaun is a ridiculous clout-chasing idiot on twitter which was a real disappointment after his excellent videos

Lol what the gently caress do you think Twitter is for long form rants no one reads

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If you do anything but shitpost on Twitter your wasting your time

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Idiotic snippy hot takes fishing for likes and RTs from kids on their fourth marxist book club splitting
i get that it is explicit purpose of the bird app and anyone who posts there with regularity gets brain damage (especially leftists in a doomer spiral from all the lost -gasp- elections) but it is tiresome

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Oh so you don’t like him for being actually leftist it has nothing to do with shitposting.

Which is funny because he’s still pretty Sodem on Twitter nowhere near a Marxist.

Though how you can like his videos as well is beyond me, it’s the same poo poo

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jan 28, 2021

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
I honestly don't understand what is supposed to be so awful about his tweet. Is he so insanely different on twitter compared to his dry jokey videos that I'm supposed to read something nefarious into that? Am I supposed to agree with the dude who's a libertarian instead or what am I missing here?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Considering he seems to use Marxist as an insult I’m gonna guess he is into the libertarian stuff.

This argument is just cultural Marxism....but on Twitter

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

If you read any of his tweets in his voice, they're clearly jokes.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

I have no idea how people still manage to take Shaun's tweets at face value 2021. I can't recall the last time he tweeted something that wasn't either a goof or bait.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to agree with Kyle Rittenhouse defender guy

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

JordanKai posted:

I have no idea how people still manage to take Shaun's tweets at face value 2021. I can't recall the last time he tweeted something that wasn't either a goof or bait.

His vtuber love is genuine

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

he's joking but in a way that's supposed to make a salient point about the absurd degree to how stagnant minimum wage is especially when compared to both cost of living and productivity rising. if minimum wage was actually representative of the value people provide to their workplaces $50 min wage is not beyond the realm of possibility and is nowhere near as absurd as the actual, real inconceivably disparate wealth of the working and owning class today.

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jan 28, 2021

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The minimum wage should unironically be $69, hth.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

JordanKai posted:

Plus a bunch that are just "loving hell things are hosed".

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I've watched about a hundred of this guy's videos over the last couple of weeks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tVF_tPZH6U

18th century cooking is fascinating and looks delicious a lot of the time.

He also occasionally brings in other people for specific subjects.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwkRWIwZ43A

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

josh04 posted:

The minimum wage should unironically be $69, hth.

not to be contrary but it should NEVER be 69 because then we'd never want it to change again

it should always be $X.69, where X >=50

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

CharlestheHammer posted:

Considering he seems to use Marxist as an insult I’m gonna guess he is into the libertarian stuff.

This argument is just cultural Marxism....but on Twitter

oh you're intentionally misreading his tweet to troll us now, how tiresome

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's always funny that Shaun's tweets I see get passed around as bad takes are the good ones and his true shitposts just pass by with no notice.

Samovar posted:

Isn't Coffin the guy who made up a Japanese girlfriend?

This'll always be funny to me because they then got married to someone incredibly out of their league.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

fatherboxx posted:

Idiotic snippy hot takes fishing for likes and RTs from kids on their fourth marxist book club splitting
i get that it is explicit purpose of the bird app and anyone who posts there with regularity gets brain damage (especially leftists in a doomer spiral from all the lost -gasp- elections) but it is tiresome

You seem like you suck and dont get jokes.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I just found out Jontron's real name is Jonathan Aryan Jafari. Holy poo poo.

he's Iranian right? It's a funny coincidence but not that surprising.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

he is making fun of reactionary idiots like Vaush who started ranting about “pie-in-the-sky Twitter leftists” because Briahna Joy Grey correctly pointed out that the minimum wage should be $25 by now. to great effect, by the way, because it is making them insanely angry

Augus fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 28, 2021

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's always funny that Shaun's tweets I see get passed around as bad takes are the good ones and his true shitposts just pass by with no notice.

If it's a good take, then it's serious, and you should take it to heart. If it's a bad take, then it's just a shitpost and you shouldn't take it seriously.

CYBEReris posted:

he's joking but in a way that's supposed to make a salient point about the absurd degree to how stagnant minimum wage is especially when compared to both cost of living and productivity rising. if minimum wage was actually representative of the value people provide to their workplaces $50 min wage is not beyond the realm of possibility and is nowhere near as absurd as the actual, real inconceivably disparate wealth of the working and owning class today.

I too would like a $50+ minimum wage, but I'd also want some sort of guarantee that they also won't turn around and raise the cost-of-living/price to absurd levels so that nothing really changes.

In the meantime, I'm content to watch hedge fund managers cry over Redditors and other random people torpedo their fortunes.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Max Wilco posted:

I too would like a $50+ minimum wage, but I'd also want some sort of guarantee that they also won't turn around and raise the cost-of-living/price to absurd levels so that nothing really changes.
This would only be true of the cost of living were primarily driven by labor costs, and if the market was efficient. Both of these are things we know to be completely false. Everywhere in America operates at minimum staffing to function anyways.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
i dont care about arguing this topic, but im confused as to how literally anyone took any of the skull guy's comments seriously when they are so obviously jokes/intended to get a funny response from people who are looking to get mad at the dumbest poo poo and everyone who thought they were serious needs to be laughed outta town like the dumbasses they are lol. just my opinion.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
cats. here are two korean cat owners who i follow on youtube who create funny videos: (remember to turn on captions)

mejoo is a cafe owner with 4 cats of varying degrees of mischief. bongji is my favorite because he is the evil siamese cat who gets into the most mischief.

this video is titled "cat concert every night":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-s-1qdNjL7g

kittisaurus or creamheroes (two channels run by the same woman) features 10 (?!) cats, which in pretty much any other circumstance would be extremely alarming, but it's evident throughout her videos that her cats are living the loving high life. these little dudes have a giant apartment all to themselves that's constantly spotless, are entertained with a wide variety of toys and silly little events that she comes up with for videos and are fed like royalty. these loving cats eat better than i do.

my favorite video, forever, is the national big head contest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-5-d-ib2WA

the ending, may surprise you.

the woman behind this channel originally only ("only") had 7 cats for a long while until very recently when she took in a family of three cats that were going to be euthanized. she originally only intended to foster them for a short while until she could find them a forever home, but then it was discovered the babies have FIP :( the woman running the channel has the funds and time to care for them so i think they are in the best hands right now

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Shaun is a good Twitter tweeter.

I found this tweet from Chris Scullion (a good journo) useful as a simple 101 for the current situation, as someone who doesn't know poo poo about how the stock market works.

https://twitter.com/scully1888/status/1354753279645904898

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

egg tats posted:

not to be contrary but it should NEVER be 69 because then we'd never want it to change again

it should always be $X.69, where X >=50

:hmmyes:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Showns.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The minimum wage should be $420.69. I am not being ironic about this.

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
Why are we talking wages on the main number line. The minimum wage should be increased on the complex plane. $420.69 + 2i

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sarcopenia posted:

I honestly don't understand what is supposed to be so awful about his tweet. Is he so insanely different on twitter compared to his dry jokey videos that I'm supposed to read something nefarious into that? Am I supposed to agree with the dude who's a libertarian instead or what am I missing here?

Shaun semi-regularly catches heat in here for having bad tweets since he doesn't spend 4 and a half months doing research, vetting sources and writing a script between each post unlike his videos.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

Shaun semi-regularly catches heat in here for having bad tweets since he doesn't spend 4 and a half months doing research, vetting sources and writing a script between each post unlike his videos.

Also, his tweets are good and the people who don't get it and think they're bad are dummies.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Glad to see "breadtube" rake in the patreon dollars to uh...oppose minwage increases.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Youtube's official death lady Caitlin Doughty with a horrifying video update about the situation at her funeral home in Los Angeles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpSgEQKVNE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Jeez, I just watched that video. Very sobering and chilling.

And then the ending...I mean, for gently caress'S sake.