Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Regular old Conan is an accomplished linguist, world traveler, and competent politician. And hell, he probably spent more time as a pirate than he did as some rando wandering around hacking poo poo.

Swording things in the face and not stringing three words together is least possible Conan you can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
conan likes murdering wizards. conan loves theft!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://ifdb.tads.org/viewgame?id=lb2hf5pqx68wbqhh

Reminds me classic IF game "Conan Kill Everything".

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Vulpes Vulpes posted:

Is Kev Walker the regular artist on Savage Avengers?

Just filling in for this arc. But he is having fun, isn't he?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Even in the movies, he loved both those things.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Has anyone pointed him at Dr. Strange for fun? It seems like something Logan would do.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Kalli posted:

Has anyone pointed him at Dr. Strange for fun? It seems like something Logan would do.

Someone could tell him the old chestnut of sufficiently advancement technology being magic and watch him murder Iron Man.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Giant-Size Defenders #1 (1974)

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Illustration: The after effects of the 2020-2021 pandemic

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Kalli posted:

I am not reading the series, but I believe there has been at least one team up with Strange and Doom. Conan was not happy about the number of wizards not being murdered.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There was in fact a team-up with strange and doom and it was fun

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Kalli posted:

There was a Savage Avengers arc that prominently featured Strange, and it was a lot of fun. The whole series has been, really. This is from #9.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

glitchwraith posted:

I am not reading the series, but I believe there has been at least one team up with Strange and Doom. Conan was not happy about the number of wizards not being murdered.

Conan does appreciate Doom's hospitality, though. Doom is an excellent host.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Just from the public-domain Howard stories I've read - haven't read any of the comics yet - but in those, I don't get the sense he has an inbuilt hatred for wizardssorcerors, so much as that almost every sorceror he meets is either doing extremely evil poo poo or trying to gently caress up Conan's day specifically. He even teams up with an evil sorceror, who admits he's an evil sorceror, to escape the dungeon of a way more evil sorceror.

He does love the poo poo out of theft though.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Yond Cassius posted:

Conan does appreciate Doom's hospitality, though. Doom is an excellent host.

PATHETIC MORTALS! Tremble before the perfectly brewed tea and intricately-laid-out finger foods of DOOM! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

But secretly, he's wondering if his guest had more fun when the guest was visiting Reed Richards the previous weekend.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

site posted:

There was in fact a team-up with strange and doom and it was fun

And the best part is the end where they literally just dump conan thru a portal to south america to be rid of hi..

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Conan the Barbarian and Doctor Doom was the team-up I never knew I needed and I am glad exists.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

TheCenturion posted:

PATHETIC MORTALS! Tremble before the perfectly brewed tea and intricately-laid-out finger foods of DOOM! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

But secretly, he's wondering if his guest had more fun when the guest was visiting Reed Richards the previous weekend.

Zaodai posted:

Conan the Barbarian and Doctor Doom was the team-up I never knew I needed and I am glad exists.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
By Hyborean Age standards, Doom's a pretty decent lord, honestly. Keeps the invaders away from the gates, the peasants are fed and clothed and the laws are pretty clear.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

FF#86

Kangaroo Jerk
Jul 23, 2000
That's just so he can take his people on a trip to space!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I want to make a joke about early drafts for the Age of Ultron movie but that would imply that movie had more than one draft.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Of course there were, there was the original one and then the one Whedon wrote to 'punch up the quippy dialogue' and minimize the roles of any people of color.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Darthemed posted:

Spidey Super Stories #23 (1977)

Weatherman on deck.

The Wild Storm #18 (2018)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Rocky and His Fiendish Friends #3 (1963)

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Darthemed posted:

Man, I dunno if it's just because I'm a dad now but I love this corny poo poo more than I thought I would!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

I think now I understand what vinyl record collectors get from an objectively shittier experience, because sometimes I like seeing comics blapped onto cheap newsprint, with screentone (or Ben-Day dots?? whatever produces that regular pattern in the big splotches of colour) and registration errors and bleed

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Phy posted:

I think now I understand what vinyl record collectors get from an objectively shittier experience, because sometimes I like seeing comics blapped onto cheap newsprint, with screentone (or Ben-Day dots?? whatever produces that regular pattern in the big splotches of colour) and registration errors and bleed

I believe you're thinking of a halftone pattern.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

ManiacClown posted:

I believe you're thinking of a halftone pattern.

Old comics used Ben-day dots.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Phy posted:

When Erik Larsen released Savage Dragon 252, his ode to Sunday funnies, he had it printed with newsstand quality print tones but the dot patterns clashed and created moire patterns. He had it removed completely for the 2nd printing and corrected to how it should look with the proper newsprint dot patterns in the third.

https://twitter.com/erikjlarsen/status/1313691486991470595?s=21

https://twitter.com/erikjlarsen/status/1335029458273619968?s=21

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

The manga this comes from is pure garbage but divorced from its awful context, these pages are very funny.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I have no source for any of these, they were in a contextless dump on imgur. Also no idea which might be edits (Beyond, you know, all being scanlated manga). As usual, read right to left.

(I lied, I know this is from Assassination Classroom)

(And I think this is Junji Ito?)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Dareon posted:

I have no source for any of these, they were in a contextless dump on imgur. Also no idea which might be edits (Beyond, you know, all being scanlated manga). As usual, read right to left.

This is from Parasyte, I think. A monster that takes over people’s heads was used to women’s bodies but took over a dude’s instead and starts pissing himself.

quote:

I think this is from Wasteful Days of High School Girls.

quote:

This is definitely Parasyte

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dareon posted:

(And I think this is Junji Ito?)
Yeah that's Gyo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Ride-on King

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

oriongates posted:

The manga this comes from is pure garbage but divorced from its awful context, these pages are very funny.

WKRP in Cincinnati, the manga!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Fantastic Four #48 (1966)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?