Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

JT Jag posted:

Urban is slammed as an old man who is out of touch and with health issues and he's 9 years younger than Culley

Haha I didn’t realize that. Hilarious. Urban is still gonna be out here preaching about character and also bringing back telvin smith to menace the panhandle boys and girls club or something though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Elephanthead posted:

It will be ok Texans fans. Gonna trade Watson for NVP Trubs!

Honestly? Please gently caress off with these takes - it's already worst case scenario for Texans fans.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

PrinceRandom posted:

I sure am glad I'm leaving this stupid state and city.
For DC :smith:

Made the same move a couple of years ago (to Arlington, specifically) and I love it, we can be Ravens fans together

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Come to the PNW - we need more Houston representation up here.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Watson officially put in his trade request. I am going to be very excited if he moves out of division but like I said on page one I will freak out if this ends with him in Pittsburgh.

I think they'd bench him the entire year over trading him IN division.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
It's going to come out that Cal had a huge crisis of faith when his dad died and became majorly born again and he and Easterby pray together daily or some poo poo

This is going to be the league's first team run entirely by god

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Has any city had a worse sports year involving all of its major teams than Houston in 2020

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Technically they are all still there so I'd put any year a team moved above our 2020 in the bad category

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

fast cars loose anus posted:

Technically they are all still there so I'd put any year a team moved above our 2020 in the bad category

The Roughnecks teasing us with a flash of a competent team and then disappearing was just about as bad.

But yeah 1996 was the worst sports year in Houston history with the Oilers leaving, the Southwest Conference dying, and the Rockets' inter-Jordan championship run suddenly collapsing.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

All I have is a 2017 World Series that is mired in controversy and I still clutch to it preciously because it's only loving championship I've known as a Houston sports fan.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sports have been 100 percent miserable to me since Kawhi forced his way out of SA and they aren't getting better. I'm not going to start rooting for the loving Cowboys that's for sure.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

zoux posted:

Sports have been 100 percent miserable to me since Kawhi forced his way out of SA and they aren't getting better. I'm not going to start rooting for the loving Cowboys that's for sure.

Kawhi rules

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I will never attend a greater game than g7 vs the Sixers, pandemonium is the only way to describe it.

I don't even like basketball that much!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Texans will still win the south next year. What a spoiled franchise filled with babies, lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Texans will still win the south next year. What a spoiled franchise filled with babies, lol

*looks at Houston sports history* hmm yes, extremely spoiled fandom

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

7-9 and a first round exit, the pinnacle of achievement

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Texans will be lucky if they get a QB good enough to beat out the Jags for third place.

The AFC South is going to be a two-team race between the Colts and the Titans the next few years unless Lawrence kicks rear end because of/despite Meyer and/or the NFL forces the McNairs to sell by the command of God.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

zoux posted:

7-9 and a first round exit, the pinnacle of achievement

You can migrate to the Chargers. Get in on Herbie low

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mega64 posted:

Texans will be lucky if they get a QB good enough to beat out the Jags for third place.

The AFC South is going to be a two-team race between the Colts and the Titans the next few years unless Lawrence kicks rear end because of/despite Meyer and/or the NFL forces the McNairs to sell by the command of God.

I mean I think that depends on who the Colts get to replace Rivers.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Love the xans baby

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

So a blogger/Colts scout was at the Senior Bowl and sat near some agents. So the gist is that Easterby sent some super critical text to a player, got no response, and then texted back that he was sorry, because "he cared so much."

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

CharlestheHammer posted:

How old is his oldest kid?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

How old is his oldest kid?

Oldest daughter? 17 or 18.

Oldest son? 12

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Jesus are houston fans always this whiny

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Oberst posted:

Jesus are houston fans always this whiny

Well let's be fair:

- Until the Astros, the city was on a hell of a losing streak
- The owners have been universal shitheads
- Had a NFL team with cool rear end colors and theme move, then replace it with...this
- Constantly owned by rival southern city Indianapolis
- But most importantly, have seen a parade of great players they love come through town and be ruined or traded away. Trading a franchise QB that could be really fun to watch on a good team really sucks

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

To be fair Houston fans were whiny when the Astros were going to World Series', the Rockets were routinely making deep playoff runs, and the Texans were also routinely making the playoffs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fan of LA teams is gonna talk about whininess :colbert:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

Fan of LA teams is gonna talk about whininess :colbert:

Yeah I whine because they're all bad

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

a neat cape posted:

To be fair Houston fans were whiny when the Astros were going to World Series', the Rockets were routinely making deep playoff runs, and the Texans were also routinely making the playoffs

As a fan of a fraud team, its because Houstonians knew deep down those teams were also frauds built on a house of lies.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Go Stros

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
My masterful revenge on Kirios for talking poo poo about Mariota is now complete.

But honestly, this is the biggest shitshow since Jim Harbaugh got forced out of San Fran, so I can sympathize.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Eltoasto posted:

Well let's be fair:

- Until the Astros, the city was on a hell of a losing streak
- The owners have been universal shitheads
- Had a NFL team with cool rear end colors and theme move, then replace it with...this
- Constantly owned by rival southern city Indianapolis
- But most importantly, have seen a parade of great players they love come through town and be ruined or traded away. Trading a franchise QB that could be really fun to watch on a good team really sucks

Nah, sounds like they're just whiny rear end babies

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

They should just pounce on Stafford while everyone else sees what it takes to get Watson.

I say this because I think the Texans wouldn't ever take any deal to send Watson to the Colts, but the Texans seem to be run by morons, so I could be wrong.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Codependent Poster posted:

They should just pounce on Stafford while everyone else sees what it takes to get Watson.

I say this because I think the Texans wouldn't ever take any deal to send Watson to the Colts, but the Texans seem to be run by morons, so I could be wrong.

Agreed. I just love that the Texans went against their franchise QB's wishes to hire a guy who was the Passing Game Coordinator for the worst passing game in the league, and whom previously worked as the WR Coach in KC the year they had 0 TDs go to WR.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

EvilBeard posted:

Agreed. I just love that the Texans went against their franchise QB's wishes to hire a guy who was the Passing Game Coordinator for the worst passing game in the league, and whom previously worked as the WR Coach in KC the year they had 0 TDs go to WR.

This is all part of McNair's ploy to get the team reclassified as a church to avoid paying taxes

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Word coming out of the Senior Bowl is the 49ers are close to a deal for Stafford. Sticking point is the 12th pick this year. Compensation is a first and a second.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 29, 2021

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

EvilBeard posted:

Word coming out of the Senior Bowl is the 49ers are close to a deal for Stafford. Sticking point is the 12th pick this year. Compensation is a first and a second.

Honestly if they pay that I'm fine letting him go. I'd be willing to give up our first-rounder, but nothing more.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Just roll Eason out there it don’t matter

We did the washed up loser thing already

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Pretty interesting article on potential landing spots for Watson

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...paign=editorial

For some reason they list Miami as the #1 landing spot, which I'm not really seeing. NE, DET, DEN and WAS make the make most sense. Maybe Chicago.

It's honestly something how many top tier big name players the Texans have had with so little to show for it. Watson, Hopkins, Watt, Mercilus, Clowney, Foster, Mario WIlliams, Brian Cushing...

I'm probably forgetting a few guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

BiggerBoat posted:

Pretty interesting article on potential landing spots for Watson

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...paign=editorial

For some reason they list Miami as the #1 landing spot, which I'm not really seeing. NE, DET, DEN and WAS make the make most sense. Maybe Chicago.

It's honestly something how many top tier big name players the Texans have had with so little to show for it. Watson, Hopkins, Watt, Mercilus, Clowney, Foster, Mario WIlliams, Brian Cushing...

I'm probably forgetting a few guys

NE, DET, DEN and WAS do not have top draft capital.

Miami and NYJ are really the teams with the best draft picks and of those two Miami would most likely be the more desirable from Watson's perspective.