Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/POTUS/status/1354849916124860419?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Populon posted:

It's big right now with the guys who were overusing the word "malding" a few months ago. I think it's twitch lib vernacular

its twitch

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cope / seethe / etc were 4chan meme words iirc but have spread out, as they do

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Grapplejack posted:

Cope / seethe / etc were 4chan meme words iirc but have spread out, as they do

Like cancer

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

"Access" to "affordable", etc. etc.

Now the word "quality" is starting to freak me out.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Organ Fiend posted:

The establishment Dems and Republicans knew that the 1/6 riots were coming. The capitol police, almost certainly on orders, allowed the rioters into the capitol (as has been observed on video) to make this seem more dangerous than it actually was, giving the Dems, Republicans, and their allies in Tech and the Media pretext to enact Patriot Act 2.0 and purge Trump supporters, the actual Left, and another other opponents of the American political establishment.

AOC is going along with this because she is and always has been part of the establishment. She was a Kennedy intern. Her dispute with Pelosi is because she unseated her chosen heir (i.e. she didn't wait her turn), not because of policy differences. She is the new sheepdog for the youth left in the US, and she will be there sheepdogging along for a long time to come.

I think the capitol police allowed the rioters into the capitol because like all police in America they are an instrument of white supremacy. I think the 1/6 riot was plenty dangerous. Any legislator captured would have been murdered by the mob.

It's irritating that it will be used as a pretext for another Patriot Act because everything about the 1/6 riots was already illegal in many ways. The problem is that it was a white supremacist insurrection and there's no effective law enforcement mechanism against white supremacy in America.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JakeTho67367665/status/1354657072944615424?s=19

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

weve negotiated down from from "access to healthcare" to "strengthening access" lol

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

punk rebel ecks posted:

So this whole GME, AMC, and NOK fiasco just proved that the stock market is just imaginary bullshit right?

have you seen TSLA

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

thats why im taking bold action to reduce the rate at which americans are losing access to healthcare

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Vim Fuego posted:

I wonder what happened to her on 1/6 that she's not saying for 'national security reasons' or whatever. It's been alluded to that she feared she was about to be killed, but she's just what, keeping it quiet on the orders of pelosi? Is it an arrow in the quiver? Really the democrats are going to sit on this so long all the republicans are gonna skate

I mean we're also talking about, to my knowledge, a perfectly healthy 31 year old who was extremely comfortable jumping the line for a covid vaccination despite being in perhaps the most not-at-risk group possible. I don't think it has to be anything additional at all.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Pryor on Fire posted:

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1354759232407613442

The Biden administration is going to reopen the health insurance marketplace and spend big on advertising to try and get people to sign up as their main strategy to improve healthcare during the pandemic just beyond parody again

especially bc those who lost jobs, or who moved, or who changed family status have always been allowed to purchase crap plans outside of open enrollment.

this is targeted toward the longterm unemployed who spurned getting a crap plan in november, as if they can afford a crap plan several months later.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

Why does the health insurance marketplace ever close

because people "would wait till they got sick then buy a plan to game the system"

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

why is there a health insurance marketplace

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mind_Taker posted:

because gently caress you

that isn't an insult, that's the answer

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

If you've got a better way to gently caress over sick people, I'd love to hear it.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mind_Taker posted:

the democrats' vision of problem solving is to create a new problem that doesn't actually solve the original problem and thus distract you from how hosed the problem is and how relatively simple it is to actually solve.

problem: people can't get healthcare and are being bankrupted when they try to get it

solution: make buying health insurance a fulltime job, which can still bankrupt you. brag about people having health insurance they can't use instead of instituting a single payer system or a national health service.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

https://twitter.com/RachelBitecofer/status/1354846872993726468?s=20

i know how to change politics!

lets find a random Latino child to groom and put in a place of power!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bideo James posted:

https://twitter.com/RachelBitecofer/status/1354848028973092865

lmao "the election whisperer" is the worst account on twitter

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Cpt_Obvious posted:

If you've got a better way to gently caress over sick people, I'd love to hear it.

"health insurance marketplace" but its individuals buying and selling insurance plans and derivatives on robinhood

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

what a heartwarming story, truly america still is the land of opportunity

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1354853005229756417?s=21

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1354871296664993795?s=20

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Pryor on Fire posted:

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1354759232407613442

The Biden administration is going to reopen the health insurance marketplace and spend big on advertising to try and get people to sign up as their main strategy to improve healthcare during the pandemic just beyond parody again

lmao:

quote:

Shares of health insurers and hospitals rose following the announcement, with Anthem Inc., Cigna Corp., and Centene Corp. up more than 3% at 2:00 p.m. in New York, out-pacing the broader market.

Democrats, the health insurance industry and advocates for the Affordable Care Act had repeatedly asked the Trump administration over the past several months to reopen HealthCare.gov enrollment, which is typically restricted to a few weeks in the fall. They were refused.

The Trump administration argued that people who lost their coverage in the pandemic could sign up for Obamacare plans using individual special enrollment periods. Requests for special enrollment have spiked, but the process is more complicated than open enrollment because it requires applicants to prove their eligibility. It’s also not available to people who’ve been uninsured for an extended period of time.

The new enrollment period Biden is creating will be available to “Americans that need health care coverage,” according to the statement, which did not say whether there would be restrictions.

America’s Health Insurance Plans, the trade group for health insurers, welcomed the announcement. The executive order will “create more pathways for Americans to obtain coverage that is so essential to their health, well-being and peace of mind,” AHIP Chief Executive Officer Matt Eyles said in a news release.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Mind_Taker posted:

because selecting profit-based risk pooling without any collective leverage that you need to continue existing is exactly the same as choosing which brand of french fry you want to eat at the food court

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Vim Fuego posted:

edit: Cody endorsed biden lol, he voted for this poo poo

I mean his video endorsing Biden was about all the ways he'd be terrible and he's been pretty clear-eyed on that front, so forgive me if I don't really get anything from rubbing his nose in it? I don't think any of this comes as a surprise.

It's less than he thought Biden was good or even an improvement than he bought into the mass delusion that 4 more years Trump was a much bigger threat than he turned out to be.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Deified Data posted:

I mean his video endorsing Biden was about all the ways he'd be terrible and he's been pretty clear-eyed on that front, so forgive me if I don't really get anything from rubbing his nose in it? I don't think any of this comes as a surprise.

It's less than he thought Biden was good or even an improvement than he bought into the mass delusion that 4 more years Trump was a much bigger threat than he turned out to be.

four more years of trump would be pretty awful

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biden was VP for 8 years already and his decades of horrific politics is why Donald Trump became President in the first place. Now we're gonna get Trump again in 2024 or someone even worse thanks to the cowardice of people like Cody.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Fellatio del Toro posted:

"health insurance marketplace" but its individuals buying and selling insurance plans and derivatives on robinhood

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Deified Data posted:

You rub his nose in it so maybe he doesn't do it again next time

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

lol at people who used to complain about the nanny state

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/shaun_vids/status/1354832541388316678?s=19

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Bideo James posted:

Tbf it's pretty hard threading this needle considering young people want things like "policies" and "relief from hellworld" and the Dems absolutely do not want to do that

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Business Gorillas posted:

Tbf it's pretty hard threading this needle considering young people want things like "policies" and "relief from hellworld" and the Dems absolutely do not want to do that

politics is now about your identity and heritage and culture, not what you could do in power.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Bideo James posted:

Eh, let's just rename the kid something close enough. Robert? You're Beto now!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Bideo James posted:

Get Mark Cuban. He has Cuba in his name. It all fits.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

When are the guard towers and the barbed wire going up?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

from the 26th so may have already been posted, but this is up there for most cursed image I've ever seen

https://twitter.com/KateHydeNY/status/1354636508876181507?s=20

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I like how all the replies are "such a shame but the nasty republicans forced this" or Republicans saying it's utter bullshit mixed with some kind of slur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Deified Data posted:

it’s no different from Bernie endorsing Biden- maybe they did it out of fear of Trump, but the end result was the same: they endorsed the senile austerity rapist.

a sheepdog is still a sheepdog, even if they cover themselves in disclaimers and explanations about the lesser evil, and we can (and should!) give them poo poo every day of the next 4 years while Rapey Joe (who they willingly endorsed! nobody forced them!) kills millions and continues throwing infants in the dog cages he built.

vOtE bLuE nO mAtTeR wHo