Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Adder Moray posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mymonsterischic/status/1354408978248298496

Might not want to snark when you're uninformed about something.

So she'll still be in the book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Endless Mike posted:

She won't be dunking racist cops in the mud though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Diet Poison posted:

Semi off topic but is it just me or is there no way to actually vote if you're using Chrome? I was totally confused by their website until I opened it in lovely ol' Internet Explorer and all of a sudden there was the poll at the top of the page. Or UBlock Origin decided it was an advertisement or something. So I don't actually have a problem because I voted, just wondering if anyone else gets the same thing or letting anyone with the same confusion know there actually IS a poll but maybe ad-blockers block it.

Anyway vote Roberto.

I had to turn off Ublock to get the vote option to sow.

I imagine that Hickman has ideas for all of the characters, or else they wouldn't be in the poll. But they probably won't be a big part of the group for a few months. But yeah, I would rather someone who isn't on a team be included instead of Polaris who is great in X-Factor.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

She won't be dunking racist cops in the mud though.

That's fine, most of the rest of the team can do that.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

She'll be cameoing in the book. Not a regular. It literally says that.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
See, this notion that someone can't be an X-Men if they're in something else is real weird. Would Forge get taken off X-Force if he wins? More to the point, loving up a writer's plans for a character they're mostly doing good work with is pretty meh. Unless it's a writer I hate.

:colbert: Well, I did my part to vote for Armor. Wait, does that mean she'd be off SWORD? This is a dumb rule.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Don't even get me started on the 3 Wolverines theory!

Geoff Johns firing up the typewriter...

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

See, this notion that someone can't be an X-Men if they're in something else is real weird. Would Forge get taken off X-Force if he wins? More to the point, loving up a writer's plans for a character they're mostly doing good work with is pretty meh. Unless it's a writer I hate.

:colbert: Well, I did my part to vote for Armor. Wait, does that mean she'd be off SWORD? This is a dumb rule.

It is. Yes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BrianWilly posted:

I'm betting this is something the writer of X-Factor and the writer of X-Men have discussed with each other, so if the writer of X-Factor says it would mean she's limited to cameos, Leah Williams probably knows what she's talking about.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

see this is why i voted for Banshee

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Adder Moray posted:

She'll be cameoing in the book. Not a regular. It literally says that.

Yes. So she will be in the book, the opposite of what you said would happen.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

She will be in the book less, which I don't like.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I voted for Roberto because frankly I can't tell what team or book he's supposed to be on/in anyway, so having him show up in another just means more berto

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Don't even get me started on the 3 Wolverines theory!
The Criminal
The Comedian
The Canucklehead

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

OnimaruXLR posted:

I voted for Roberto because frankly I can't tell what team or book he's supposed to be on/in anyway, so having him show up in another just means more berto

I voted Boom Boom because they aren't using her in New Mutants at the moment and basically what you just said.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It takes real strength to vote for Strong Guy, a character who hasn't had a single line since before Dawn of X.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Voted Boom Boom because Nextwave is forever. Probably shouldda voted Tempo though. Ah well!

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

I like how you were clearly wrong and decided "well, if I'm super pedantic about it I'll save face".

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Probably Magic posted:

Voted Boom Boom because Nextwave is forever. Probably shouldda voted Tempo though. Ah well!

:hmmyes:

About the only way I would have voted for someone else would have been if there was an X-Statix member included.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Polaris is literally the only option I don't want, because I knew even before Leah Williams said anything it would gently caress with X-Factor. If I'd have waited until after the first results to come in before I voted I would have voted for Banshee.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/status/1354951469833875462

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Adder Moray posted:

I like how you were clearly wrong and decided "well, if I'm super pedantic about it I'll save face".
Are you trying to gaslight me? Here is your post saying she's "gonna be out of that book":

Adder Moray posted:

I need y'all with actual social media to tell Polaris fans to stop voting for Polaris in this poll and read X-Factor instead, cause she's gonna be out of that book if she becomes an X-Man and Hickman is clearly not planning anything specific to whoever gets this slot yet.
Here is your post showing a tweet from the writer saying she will be off the team, but will be in the book:

Adder Moray posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/mymonsterischic/status/1354408978248298496

Might not want to snark when you're uninformed about something.
Might want to try reading the things you post.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Team Tempo, because someone that can manipulate time being put on a Hickman book sounds like fun.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Grain of salt because Leah Williams seems to be kind of shitposting/trolling about the poll (and maybe is genuinely annoyed at fans of the show The Gifted? I don't know) and the level of joking from X-Office twitter people in general is usually pretty high but

https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/status/1354958918745808909

If this (or anything on Twitter) is sincere, this was something Williams had agency over, not the sort of perception of Mommy Dearest editors/creators coming in and beating poor writers with coathangers until they tearfully ruin their own scripts to do a crossover with Excalibur or something.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I wanna know who's plans would've been hosed up by Marrow or Tempo winning?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Skwirl posted:

I wanna know who's plans would've been hosed up by Marrow or Tempo winning?

Hellions or SWORD, maybe? Maaaaybe?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edge & Christian posted:

Grain of salt because Leah Williams seems to be kind of shitposting/trolling about the poll (and maybe is genuinely annoyed at fans of the show The Gifted? I don't know) and the level of joking from X-Office twitter people in general is usually pretty high but

She does say at one point the vote had a chance to be closer which I'm going to imagine she thought would be more interesting.

(Do people care about The Gifted?)

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Maybe she's lying to cover up Hickman's rampant bullying and spiteful stealing of characters, we'll never know until he's behind bars and his victims can be more forthcoming.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Cloks posted:

Hellions or SWORD, maybe? Maaaaybe?

I guess we'll theoretically find out when they show up in a different book.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tempo being elected would severely hinder Sebastian Shaw's distillery operations

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

Tempo being elected would severely hinder Sebastian Shaw's distillery operations

You surely mean Kate Pryde's distillery operation .

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I've been reading Inferno for the first time this evening and wow, this delivers in a way that modern Marvel crossovers really don't by paying off several long running threads simultaneously. It feels like a legitimate moment of growth and change for a lot of characters.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Inferno and X-Tinction Agenda are my favorite X-Men crossovers.

But I also liked X-Cutioner's Song so maybe I'm just a sucker for them.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

Inferno and X-Tinction Agenda are my favorite X-Men crossovers.

But I also liked X-Cutioner's Song so maybe I'm just a sucker for them.

I couldn't get into X-Cutioners song, but I also hadn't read every single issue of X-Men before it, unlike Inferno and X-tinction Agenda.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Cloks posted:

I've been reading Inferno for the first time this evening and wow, this delivers in a way that modern Marvel crossovers really don't by paying off several long running threads simultaneously. It feels like a legitimate moment of growth and change for a lot of characters.

There is a devotion to continuity even during the event that I don't think happens today. Jay and Miles talked about hearing of a whiteboard Bob Harras with Dennis Hallum that had of every N'astirh appearance so he'd never be in the same place twice which a lot of people including myself would love to see.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Cloks posted:

I'm biased because this is my nostalgia-incarnate but Inferno is severely underrated as an x-story. It's maybe not the top of the top but I really think it's just a level below GLMK, DOFP, etc. It pays off so much, resolves (or attempts to resolve) an actual real-world feud with certain characters that works, looks drat good through most of it, and is just fun melodrama.

Also, the Daredevil crossover is Ann Nocenti and JRJR doing some batshit things with vacuum cleaners.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I honestly recall the New Mutants stuff more than the X-Men/X-Factor issues. That was the whole Illyana/Darkchylde thing coming to fruition and I'm not sure they could have found a better artist than Bret Blevins to draw it with a style that I can only describe as a mix of cartoony and demonic.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Are you trying to gaslight me? Here is your post saying she's "gonna be out of that book":

Here is your post showing a tweet from the writer saying she will be off the team, but will be in the book:

Might want to try reading the things you post.

This is the dumbest loving thing.

"Well yes, the writer of the book is saying that her plans for the book would have to change and Polaris would only make cameo appearances going forward, so technically I'm right."

Like, what the gently caress are you even trying to accomplish with this poo poo? Ate you really gonna pretend that by this

Endless Mike posted:

Right, characters are only allowed to be in one book at a time. This is definitely how comics work.

You meant "well, she'll still pop up every now and then, so why are you worried?"

You made a snarky remark without actually looking into things. You got called out on it. And instead of just letting that poo poo go you just have to make sure everyone knows that if you look at the exact particular phrasing of the post you were technically justified in being a dick on the internet.

Congratulations.

Now can we talk about the issue at hand? That being Polaris being out of the drat book if she wins. Thank you.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Dawgstar posted:

I honestly recall the New Mutants stuff more than the X-Men/X-Factor issues. That was the whole Illyana/Darkchylde thing coming to fruition and I'm not sure they could have found a better artist than Bret Blevins to draw it with a style that I can only describe as a mix of cartoony and demonic.

Yes! In retrospect, Blevins' art looks manga-influenced and that definitely was unique for a mainstream US comic.

And Silvestri had similar uniqueness at the time. I know I've said it here before but his Uncanny work (with Dan Green on inks) really hits. They clearly had deadline concerns (some of those issues were shipping twice a month) and the efficiency in the art never looked sloppy. In fact, I greatly prefer that era of his to the Image work and later. His facial work is more expressive, there's excellent humor work, and it always felt dynamic. Specifically during Inferno, it also looked like they turned up the shadow work. Adapting the art to the story!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

I voted tempo in firefox, then i voted tempo in safari, then i voted tempo a couple of times on my phone :colbert: