Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

TV Zombie posted:

Any AEW/ ESPN dealing with each other would be cool just to make AEW more visible

Not too likely, they're under different media conglomerate umbrellas. ESPN under Disney, and AEW under ATT(Warner)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Did anyone actually watch the 205 live debuts or we all just guessing they happened

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The God of This poo poo

https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1354987624201654272

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/ibushi_kota/status/1355053470491926529?s=19

"I haven't forgotten when you challenged me to a match on YouTube in 2008. Back then, you were desperate to get the word out about your wrestling.

Now the situation is reversed, but I'm finally getting my chance.

I want all-out war.

This will raise the reputation of pro wrestling and bring in new fans.

Right now, pro wrestling needs stimulation"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Boy, if there's nothing official happening between the promotions, the wrestlers are just really trying to will this into existence.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Who is he talking about?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Will Kota and Kenny forcibly open the forbidden door and allow New Japan talent on Impact again

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Who is he talking about?

Kenny Omega

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I agree with the incredibly handsome man, Kenny and Ibushi should wrestle!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Swerve, he actually means Yoshihiko

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity posted:

Swerve, he actually means Master Wato

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Swerve, he means his own neck.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Rarity posted:

Swerve, he actually means Yoshihiko

When Yoshihiko showed up on the Tron at Wrestle Kingdom I popped so huge

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lance Storm is offering video coaching for wrestlers. He gives an example of the written critique he gives to people (they also get a 1 hour Zoom call) and I can only hope for ever getting critique this thoughtful and constructive and helpful for anything I ever do.

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1354879298956496899

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
https://twitter.com/taichi0319/status/1355163773649047557
Taichi no

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Holy poo poo those are the 0.5 l cans. Our boy has downed four liters worth of highballs alone.

My hero

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I support Taichi in living his best life

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

He added another picture with 11(!) cans in them, that's 5.5 liters. That's a disturbing amount.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I call it a good start.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

he is just pouring them out

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

He's opening them and then stacking the open cans undrunk. They could spill at any time.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Old man Taz developing a sense of humor and grounded perspective on his career and legacy is not something I expected to see, and man is it great.

Lamuella posted:

Lance Storm is offering video coaching for wrestlers. He gives an example of the written critique he gives to people (they also get a 1 hour Zoom call) and I can only hope for ever getting critique this thoughtful and constructive and helpful for anything I ever do.

Compare this to the really lovely post-mortem emails that Quack used to send out after Chikara shows, thinking they were helpful and professional. It's night and day.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

Compare this to the really lovely post-mortem emails that Quack used to send out after Chikara shows, thinking they were helpful and professional. It's night and day.

Where can I read these

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
lol if you think Taichi is cheating for clout when he hangs out with Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i said he is pouring them out, not that misguided crap. getting disgustingly drunk and proud of it brings negative clout and is also the only "cheating" you could be doing. cheating yourself

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Lamuella posted:

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/1354879298956496899

This is so cool. I feel like I understand wrestling as a fan more reading through this, I can only imagine how helpful this would be to a wrestler.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

CombineThresher posted:

Old man Taz developing a sense of humor and grounded perspective on his career and legacy is not something I expected to see, and man is it great.

It helps that Taz is surrounded by a positive work environment and people who are legit happy to be there to ply their craft. Has to be good for morale/personal happiness.

Companies and corporations aren't families, but AEW seems to be closer than most.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/starkmanjones/status/1355217167130775553?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

a cyborg mug posted:

Where can I read these

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908818&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post506018032

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Sheamus and Miro are adorably geeky dorks.
https://twitter.com/WWESheamus/status/1354874870681784324

I love when wrestlers I like are friends with each other. And give each other cool stuff.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

"The Sea Donsters came on, and looked like they could barely do their own material. If Lince Dorado came out and was sloppy like this, the marks would burn him in effigy and tear the Arena down brick by brick. But, Philly likes whatever is cool on the boards, and luckily for Hydra, that includes him. When Donst saved Hydra from the suplex, it worked, but when Hydra had to save Donst, he showed up late, and missed it entirely. Hydra almost killed himself doing a pescado plancha. When the Donsters did their double-team on Mantis, Hydra got more Donst than he did Mantis, and it looked terrible. Felt like a slopfest. This was the only appearance by the Donsters all weekend, and as this is probably the most watched CHIKARA event of the year, what a terrible place to be inaccurate and sloppy. Casual fans will watch this 4 - 5 minute segment and wonder "how the hell are those guys over?"

The Neo Solar Temple is really hit or miss. Crossbones comes off like a badass bruiser one minute, then looks like an uncoordinated fat guy the next. When Beef and Turtle came on, it was going to be one end of the spectrum or the other. When you consider the challenges he has to work with, it's amazing what Turtle can do. Too bad they turned on his Phillies line, because that should have been gold. Beef Wellington occasionally looks like he knows what he's doing. This is not one of those times. His offense (watch the dropkick, or when he whips someone) is rookie-level, and his strikes and such aren't the least bit believable. Luckily, this segment was short.

Uno and C-A-W came on, fans did not like that the Order was eliminated. For being such a relatively big guy, Player Uno sure is one rotten base for high-flyers. Don't tell dudes you can base for them when you have no strength in your body. Or, perhaps, hit the gym first. I know it's awkward when someone asks you to help base them for a flying move, and in your head you doubt yourself, but you don't want to turn them down because that sets a bad precedent. But that's the safe, smart thing to do if you aren't strong enough to be a good base. Otherwise, you're going to kill somebody.

Pinkie and Mitch made for an interesting combination. Pinkie has an awesome presence, knows how to use his facial expressions, body language and vocals to get the most out of every spot, which is a lot like Mitch. Pinkie knows when to be explosive, and his offense is fresh and original. He also gets the difference between working face and heel - when Pinkie is trying to be a heel, he sells like a douchebag so the crowd can't sympathize with him. That too is like Mitch, who knows how to get the right reaction. My gripe here is that this segment was given 3 minutes on the sheet, and went just short of 7 minutes. There's no excuse for that. Mitch wore some bargain basement gear that totally robs him of his presence - and there was a time that Mitch Ryder had more heel presence than any guy on our roster. Here, he had almost none. The clothes make the man, they say."

So constructive and supportive!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Wazzu posted:

Uno and C-A-W came on, fans did not like that the Order was eliminated. For being such a relatively big guy, Player Uno sure is one rotten base for high-flyers. Don't tell dudes you can base for them when you have no strength in your body. Or, perhaps, hit the gym first. I know it's awkward when someone asks you to help base them for a flying move, and in your head you doubt yourself, but you don't want to turn them down because that sets a bad precedent. But that's the safe, smart thing to do if you aren't strong enough to be a good base. Otherwise, you're going to kill somebody.

Anything in the email is great but reading this considering Uno is on TV in 2021 & Quack has basically blackballed himself, makes you smile.

Quack being mad that Lince isn't over and Hydra is fantastic poo poo too. Hey, maybe it's because Hydra is a lower card comedy act & is good in his role, & Lince was forced down our throats as one of the top guys in a promotion while being extremely green (or that's my memory of it from 12/13 years ago)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

funney about the Order and the Order, nowadays, as well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Also Uno is a great base for fliers now

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/ReneePaquette/status/1355264121952894976

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
I hope she pulls a Gail Kim (I think?) who just rolled the gently caress out of the ring during a battle royale right at the start

e: I think someone else did it that same one, or maybe it was another one

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1355328358901370888

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Hirez posted:

I hope she pulls a Gail Kim (I think?) who just rolled the gently caress out of the ring during a battle royale right at the start

Gail Kim definitely did that, think it was in a women's rumble on RAW

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

WWE is brand new to the wrestling world. Companies like AEW and GCW and Impact have eons of years on this new promotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Hirez posted:

the pregnant lady is being sarcastic.