Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

RoyalScion posted:

Book grinding is the worst part of LoR and I'm desperately hoping they get rid of it.

I did the first fight on the second line and intentionally left the leader alive so she could boost her emotion level.

I got one book out of it.

I did not get a key page from that book.

I still need 2 key pages.

God help me once I start nearing end game and fights start getting drawn out. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
New day 49 strategy that was SO CLOSE to working last time and now I'm gonna struggle to reproduce. Pause phase 1, assign works, remaining deathball heads over to beat up An Arbiter. Phase 2 trigger, use backwards clock. Continue beatdown. Phase 3, assign works, wait for disciplinary works to arrive and release the rabbits.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
just to let you know, the special meltdowns never spawn in architecture so if she goes down you can just UNLEASH BUN HELL and it's basically free.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

TeeQueue posted:

just to let you know, the special meltdowns never spawn in architecture so if she goes down you can just UNLEASH BUN HELL and it's basically free.

I've literally never seen her go down there. Now staggering in the middle of a room transition, that I've seen. So many times.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I’m not sure what the odds of it are, but I’ve seen it roughly half the time fwiw?

Her AI is on the list of things I don’t know.

But hey another freebie-that phase 3 pillar circle, she can do that in a room transition too. If she does the pillars don’t spawn, but when she fires them the hitboxes do. Lost a run to that once, it was hilarious.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Well I hit Urban Nightmare.

Christ and here I thought the Dawn Office was bad.

Kurokumo and Bremen weren't so bad, but holy poo poo EGO Phillip and Tomerry are genuine shitwreckers.

I was able to squeeze out a win vs Phillip, (and then had to refight the Wedge Office because the generic book didn't loving drop :argh:) and somehow managed to skip past Tomerry's phase change by panicking on their windup card, throwing everything I had to stagger/knock them below 50%, then blitzing her down before I could see how she acted.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

BisbyWorl posted:

Well I hit Urban Nightmare.

Christ and here I thought the Dawn Office was bad.

Kurokumo and Bremen weren't so bad, but holy poo poo EGO Phillip and Tomerry are genuine shitwreckers.

I was able to squeeze out a win vs Phillip, (and then had to refight the Wedge Office because the generic book didn't loving drop :argh:) and somehow managed to skip past Tomerry's phase change by panicking on their windup card, throwing everything I had to stagger/knock them below 50%, then blitzing her down before I could see how she acted.

As someone that's up to date with the content I enjoy these posts immensely :allears:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

TeeQueue posted:

I’m not sure what the odds of it are, but I’ve seen it roughly half the time fwiw?

Her AI is on the list of things I don’t know.

But hey another freebie-that phase 3 pillar circle, she can do that in a room transition too. If she does the pillars don’t spawn, but when she fires them the hitboxes do. Lost a run to that once, it was hilarious.

When I was doing it a while back I barely saw her go down there - the majority of the time she went up to disciplinary. Maybe it's influenced by something in the facility.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
GOT IT. Goddamn, this is easily one of my proudest gaming achievements. Now to close out the abnormality codex for that 100% ending.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Congrats!

Any day 49 you can walk away from is a good one. :shepface:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

TeeQueue posted:

Congrats!

Any day 49 you can walk away from is a good one. :shepface:

No kidding. I think half my abnormalities were breaching (drat you Shelter and my inability to remember people in it) but the bunnies just kept firing.

On to Ruina! I don't understand this game but I'm having fun :yayclod:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Projmoon is bad at tutorials and Ruina has a learning curve but when you get it, AH MAN, it clicks and you feel great when you make crazy plays.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

A lot of Ruina really falls into place once you realize that a bad clash is worse than just taking the hit outright and using that card in a one-side.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Varinn posted:

A lot of Ruina really falls into place once you realize that a bad clash is worse than just taking the hit outright and using that card in a one-side.

Arguably worse-depending on playstyle. Usually I'd rather have the emotion coins than the extra damage, personally. :v:

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Yeah it tilts back again once you have like, floor specific playstyles, but I spent way too long in the midgame just getting blown out on clashes that I could've easily taken to the chin and getting not much in return.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TeeQueue posted:

Projmoon is bad at tutorials and Ruina has a learning curve but when you get it, AH MAN, it clicks and you feel great when you make crazy plays.

Absolutely.

One of my favorite games ever, died to rats like 5 times before I figured out how to attack 10/10 goty

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Acerbatus posted:

Absolutely.

One of my favorite games ever, died to rats like 5 times before I figured out how to attack 10/10 goty

I still haven't legitimately beaten Finn.

He's the single biggest wall in the entire game. :v:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

New general invite pages seem great for people in urban plague

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
the new star of the city voice acting is great, i especially like hearing how 얀샋ㄷ요무 sounds like a wet typewriter when he talks.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
The two biggest barriers I've into LoR so far were Wedge Office and Queen of Hatred.

At least the latter doesn't need to be repeatedly farmed.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
I kinda hit a big wall with Forsaken Murderer but eventually squeaked through. Still don't really know how to evaluate the actual quality of cards.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

Did my first couple of Realizations and, uh, wow.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Bringing this up here so that I can avoid posting a big block of spoiler text in the lp. So if I understand the change in mechanics correctly TeeQueue if you reverse time like that then you get to fight White Night by itself without having to worry about any of its apostles and will be able to grab the gear without much issue.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
The apostles will always spawn, even after a day 1 reset

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Lesson learned: Do not fight the Knight of Despair with someone running Yujin's keypage.

Turns out % based damage really hurts when you're running at 25% HP, who knew? :v:

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
Though with the change to the rest of the Shi pages, running Valentine's key page with single dice pages to deal with Knight of Despair is viable.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BisbyWorl posted:

Lesson learned: Do not fight the Knight of Despair with someone running Yujin's keypage.

Turns out % based damage really hurts when you're running at 25% HP, who knew? :v:

Yujin is insanely badass but a realllly bad idea against any abno fights since if they target her broken die you might be hosed.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The more I listen to the intro the more I'm convinced Carmen will be in some capacity the final boss.

"In the mirror do you see, somebody else in that body"

"If you're gonna replace me, at least have the audacity to kill me thoroughly"

Or maybe it's all nonsense.

e: Unrelated, Children of the City is my favorite boss theme.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Feb 2, 2021

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

VTuber Ninomae Ina'nis has been continuing her Lobotomy corp playthrough. In response, the game offered her Melting Love on day 13, and has offered the Train to her on both day 10 and day 15. Chat stopped her from taking them, but that would have been a quick reset right there. Oh, and she has been offered Nameless Fetus twice by day 16.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 4, 2021

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

Unrelated note, I have just had a crash course in Hokma being balls. :v:

No-pause violet midnight at ~2x speed? Theoretically possible. No-pause violet midnight at ~2x speed where the game lags and does the thing where your selection box never clears and you have to make another one but it doesn't let you do that so you can't control your units for ~45 seconds?

That would be a wipe. Enjoy having to redo the last half hour of 1x speed play! :lobcorp:

I'm absolutely making a video of that, because in hindsight it was really funny.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

TeeQueue posted:

Unrelated note, I have just had a crash course in Hokma being balls. :v:

No-pause violet midnight at ~2x speed? Theoretically possible. No-pause violet midnight at ~2x speed where the game lags and does the thing where your selection box never clears and you have to make another one but it doesn't let you do that so you can't control your units for ~45 seconds?

That would be a wipe. Enjoy having to redo the last half hour of 1x speed play! :lobcorp:

I'm absolutely making a video of that, because in hindsight it was really funny.

So do you roll Violet Midnights on purpose for the LP or are you just really unlucky?

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

I have no control over what midnights I get, even with my secret debug console powers I haven’t mentioned yet.

My luck is just that bad.

I realistically only have one more chance to hit green midnight too, so here’s hoping I get lucky. If not I’ll just describe it real quick and grab a couple shots from when it showed up in Tiph’s suppression.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
I think the only Midnight I didn't suppress was Amber. Only time I saw it was during a Hokma run and I was not ready for it.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I rolled a violet midnight when I did Hokma and decided to just cheese it by eating a pause and ordering everyone to work whatever the hell was available to force the day to end.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

LoR Star of the City:

The second fight with R-Corp is downright brutal, especially the part when Maxim starts dropping the hammer on me.

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 5, 2021

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
spoiler I guess for Binah in LoR

Does Binah have slits cut in her dress? Are those her hands? I can't tell

on that note: binah is such a theatre kid.

...I really hope she gets something because man is she not impressive.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Feb 5, 2021

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Well I hit my first Floor Realization.

That was certainly a thing.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

BisbyWorl posted:

Well I hit my first Floor Realization.

That was certainly a thing.

YEAH THEY'RE GREAT.

Also latest update spoilers Black Silence is back, baby.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

So the patch dropped, and I glanced at the patch notes.

Key points, we now have 9 passive slots, up from 7, the stagger resist recover passive from Sweepers got a cost boost, and two pages got buffed.

Also:

I don't even have this floor yet and I'm already scared shitless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

that's actually to fix a kind-of exploit?

spoilers for hokma realization You could use Xiao's page to permanently stagger all the apostles and give everyone roughly 3-4000 burn over the course of a few turns.

it was loving hilarious.