Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Haulin Oates posted:

Lol, Scott Adams is such a piece of poo poo

I think the News Radio episode about Dilbert is very on point. All the non-idiots are like "yeah it's mildly amusing sometimes, we've heard of it" then the spaz won't shut up about how amazing Dilbert is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

Haulin Oates posted:

Lol, Scott Adams is such a piece of poo poo

Yeah, and his fall from grace has been remarkable, but his shenanigans made for a decent GBS thread!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Bring back Dilbert's boner tie.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Since we appreciate deep cuts in the The Garfield Eats App thread, Adams uses "Elbonia" as a stand-in for third world nations:

Wikipedia posted:

Elbonia is a fictional non-specific under-developed country used when Adams wants "to involve a foreign country without hurting overseas sales". He says "People think I have some specific country in mind when I write about Elbonia, but I don't. It represents the view that Americans have of any country that doesn't have cable television—we think they all wear fur hats and wallow around waist-deep in mud". The entire country wears the same clothing and hats, and all men have full beards. They are occasionally bitter towards their wealthier western neighbors, but are quite happy to trade with them. The whole country is covered in mud, and has limited technology.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

So it's a racist caricature so it won't offend people. Got it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Drink-Mix Man posted:

So it's a racist caricature so it won't offend people. Got it.

It's okay. Scott Adams said "Elbonia is not offensive." 1,000 times into a mirror so tje world changed and it isn't offensive.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
The elbonians are white whenever they get colored, so I think it's supposed to be in the eastern bloc. At least, those are the poorest cultures you can mock without getting called racist.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
IIRC, the TV series had everyone doing Yakov Smirnoff impressions for the Elbonians.

I know too loving much about the Dilbert TV series. Maybe I should become the youngest Dilbert licensee!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I thought Nathen said he was DONE with the cat and on to the dog. He's switching back and forth between his outfits and pitchman personas like Mick Foley. Picturing a sitcom-esque launch of Garfield Eats Lasagna and Scooby Eats at separate grocery stores at the same time, requiring Nathen to run back and forth between then while switching suits.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Just received this gem:

So apparently Nathen has subcontracted distribution of his lasagnas. This is a little weird since Nathen is a distributor himself.
Someone please buy Nathen's lasagnas.

Edit: Visited PenguinPickup's webpage and uh, they also specialize in "Clothing Rental, Luggage storage and Dry cleaning"

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Just received this gem:

So apparently Nathen has subcontracted distribution of his lasagnas. This is a little weird since Nathen is a distributor himself.

Edit: Visited PenguinPickup's webpage and uh, they also specialize in "Clothing Rental, Luggage storage and Dry cleaning"

Does this mean I could rent one of Nathen's suits?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

Just received this gem:

holy poo poo this is perfect

penguin pickup loving SUCKS

this guy is presidential in his decision making

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Is this like how he "partnered with Simple Plan" using the high-level business school secret of "paying for a Cameo"?

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Oh but you didn't include the statement from penguin pickup about how dudes eldest son loves garfield

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Does this mean I can order a signed lasagna to PA yet?

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Killingyouguy! posted:

Oh but you didn't include the statement from penguin pickup about how dudes eldest son loves garfield

You are correct. I had stopped reading the email and had not scrolled down to find...whatever this is:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
new offsite: Garfield and Lasagna

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Frank Frank posted:

You are correct. I had stopped reading the email and had not scrolled down to find...whatever this is:

I didn't realize there was so much subtext to Garfield.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I didn't realize there was so much subtext to Garfield.

DISRUPTIVE INDEED

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Frank Frank posted:

The Big Cow Lasagna is going to be like the pineapples of the Georgian Era, rented rather than sold, and intended not to be eaten, but rather so the clients can show off their wealth and good taste.

It already is priced accordingly.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Frank Frank posted:

Nathen must be overjoyed he's found someone he can communicate with in his unique brand of English.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

I think I have bubbles in my brain

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Nothing quite as disruptive as a frozen food entree with cartoon branding.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nothing quite as disruptive as a frozen food entree with cartoon branding.

It turns into a napkin dispenser, motherfucker

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

steinrokkan posted:

Wait does it? I thought that was the pizza box turning into a tissue box?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

pseudanonymous posted:

Wait does it? I thought that was the pizza box turning into a tissue box?

No, the pizza box turns into scraps of cardboard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhOx60xg9j4

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That son of a bitch.
As a goon, NOTHING is more disruptive to the frozen food aisle than I am. NOTHING.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Big Beef City posted:

As a goon, NOTHING is more disruptive to the frozen food aisle than I am. NOTHING.

:lol:

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Oh God. What have I become?

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Does this imply they're finally selling lasagna to places that are more than a 10 minute panicked drive from the freezer in Nathen's garage?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I hope someone orders one with the assumption that it’s cooked and ready to eat, and gets a frozen solid lasagne that isn’t going to thaw for at least a day.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Oh God. What have I become?

a napkin dispenser

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Feline Mind Meld posted:

a napkin dispenser

Foreverial dispenserized

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

I hope someone orders one with the assumption that it’s cooked and ready to eat, and gets a frozen solid lasagne that isn’t going to thaw for at least a day.

Actually, pre-cooked frozen foods can be, and ideally should be (for food handling reasons) heated straight from frozen.

I still can't see how frozen meals can be mailed or even couriered with consistent food safety. What if delivery's delayed? What if it's a particularly hot day and it gets super hot in the back of the delivery truck and the food thaws? What if you're not home when the package comes and it's left on your doorstep in the hot sun?

Garfield? More like Barf-yield.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

BigBadSteve posted:

Actually, pre-cooked frozen foods can be, and ideally should be (for food handling reasons) heated straight from frozen.

I still can't see how frozen meals can be mailed or even couriered with consistent food safety. What if delivery's delayed? What if it's a particularly hot day and it gets super hot in the back of the delivery truck and the food thaws? What if you're not home when the package comes and it's left on your doorstep in the hot sun?

Usually they're shipped in styrofoam with dry ice.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

BigBadSteve posted:

What if a lazy orange cat is motivated to steal the lasagne from the truck/doorstep?

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Usually they're shipped in styrofoam with dry ice.

OK. But dry ice melts over time at room etc. temperature, and styrofoam isn't a perfect insulator.

Disco Pope posted:

What if a lazy orange cat is motivated to steal the lasagne from the truck/doorstep?

Yet another reason why Nathen should sell dog cum as well as giant lasagnas. A hungry customer, cheated of his Big Cow lasagna, could nonetheless feel sated after guzzling a gallon of "Big Dog Balls" cum. It's good business, and would be a disciplined mental preparation for Nathen prior to becoming active with his new Scooby Doo franchise, which everyone knows is the horniest franchise.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

BigBadSteve posted:

OK. But dry ice melts over time at room etc. temperature, and styrofoam isn't a perfect insulator.

It's expensive, and super wasteful, but 1-3 day delivery for frozen items is common. It doesn't need to be perfect, just good enough to take advantage of the fact that almost all express packages are delivered on time.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

BigBadSteve posted:

Yet another reason why Nathen should sell dog cum as well as giant lasagnas. A hungry customer, cheated of his Big Cow lasagna, could nonetheless feel sated after guzzling a gallon of "Big Dog Balls" cum. It's good business, and would be a disciplined mental preparation for Nathen prior to becoming active with his new Scooby Doo franchise, which everyone knows is the horniest franchise.

It's been going on for a while I think. Got frozen Chicago pizza shipped to New Mexico when I was younger. There are guidelines for it depending on the company I guess. Our favorite president sold mail order steaks, so you know it's quality.
https://www.easyship.com/blog/how-to-ship-frozen-foods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

BigBadSteve posted:

...new Scooby Doo franchise, which everyone knows is the horniest franchise.

drat, you're right. I think it might be Nathen's biggest business mistake yet, to licence Scooby Doo and not use that to launch an all-Velma strip club.