Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/ToddMikeEllis/status/1354886931239198722?s=19

Somehow not a parody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Recruiter told me they're holding off on sending the offer until Q2

:negative:

Booo. Like Fartknocker said, it sucks to be actively trying to get out of a job and get so close. Sorry for the delay, hopefully they're knocking on your door (socially distanced wearing a mask) on April 1.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LeeMajors posted:

God I loving hate Elon Musk.

Living proof that most Americans are complete susceptible morons.

https://twitter.com/TheEpicDept/status/1354906129952894977?s=19

Edit

Blowjob Overtime posted:

It's the same disgusting poo poo that comes up every time the minimum wage is discussed when people who still think it's 1960 lose their minds at the idea of someone getting paid a fair wage to "flip burgers".

Ify Nwadiwe was on The Daily Zeitgeist and said "it started as the minimum wage...necessary to survive and has become the minimum wage... that we can get away with paying" and that's stuck with me all week

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 29, 2021

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

D-LINK posted:

3) money is no object until it comes to labor costs.

This has been knocking around in my brain since you posted it. I really don't have any deep new insight to add, it just really clicked that wealthy people will gladly pay a huge sum to someone else who already owns something they see as valuable, but lose their minds at the idea of "over-paying" someone to do manual labor. It's the same disgusting poo poo that comes up every time the minimum wage is discussed when people who still think it's 1960 lose their minds at the idea of someone getting paid a fair wage to "flip burgers".

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I don’t care for Weeds, but man Kevin Nealon is my jam in that show

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol what a poo poo movie

You don't hear about serial killers these days. Do you guys think it's just not possible for serial killers to go undetected for very long these days? Is there just too much technology for them to get away with a string of murders? You've got cell phones, cameras all over the place, DNA and other forensic techniques...

It seems almost impossible to go out on a murder spree nowadays!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Blowjob Overtime posted:

This has been knocking around in my brain since you posted it. I really don't have any deep new insight to add, it just really clicked that wealthy people will gladly pay a huge sum to someone else who already owns something they see as valuable, but lose their minds at the idea of "over-paying" someone to do manual labor. It's the same disgusting poo poo that comes up every time the minimum wage is discussed when people who still think it's 1960 lose their minds at the idea of someone getting paid a fair wage to "flip burgers".

Not paying a fair wage for their own employees is how they got and stay wealthy, so it completely makes sense they would apply it to another company's employees.

D Link would know better than me, but I think you'd probably get away with way overcharging for materials than you could for labor. Overpaying for your marble floor would probably be a status symbol to them.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Ehud posted:

lol what a poo poo movie

You don't hear about serial killers these days. Do you guys think it's just not possible for serial killers to go undetected for very long these days? Is there just too much technology for them to get away with a string of murders? You've got cell phones, cameras all over the place, DNA and other forensic techniques...

Look it's a pandemic we're just not going out okay?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

Spree or mass killings seem to be going way up?

I don't know this for a certainty, but I'd guess you rarely hear about serial killers until they are caught or unless they want to mess around with the press. And the press has been fairly busy with other things recently. Hard time to break in with your manifesto about why you are killing sex workers or random old people or whatever.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jan 29, 2021

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I just finished working out for the fifth day this week, and I haven't lifted weights since last march and haven't worked out since April when corona hosed up my lungs

I am so sore and so happy, even though my lifts are all in the shitter lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm glad I'm having a daughter because it seems like just about all the serial killers are men.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Bird in a Blender posted:

Not paying a fair wage for their own employees is how they got and stay wealthy, so it completely makes sense they would apply it to another company's employees.

D Link would know better than me, but I think you'd probably get away with way overcharging for materials than you could for labor. Overpaying for your marble floor would probably be a status symbol to them.

Yeah, it makes sense, I just think of the wage outrage coming from coworkers who are middle-aged white guys living in the suburbs and are mediocre as hell at their jobs. For them it's "gently caress you, got mine", but they are still like a serious illness away from losing most of their financial stability or having to change their retirement plans. The thought of a billionaire looking at a quote for a five or six figure remodel and commenting on the hourly rate for labor without even giving materials a second glance just hits different.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ehud posted:

I'm glad I'm having a daughter because it seems like just about all the serial killers are men.

Guess who they mainly target

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Spoeank posted:

I just finished working out for the fifth day this week, and I haven't lifted weights since last march and haven't worked out since April when corona hosed up my lungs

I am so sore and so happy, even though my lifts are all in the shitter lol

We are in the process of getting a workout area setup in the basement, and getting very close to the point where there are now zero excuses for me not to be using it regularly again. Will report back when I do squats for the first time in a few years and can't go down the stairs comfortably for the next week.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Ehud posted:

Time to name her Aileen Báthory Ehud.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

1) is that Chuck Bass?

2) Todd Michael Ellis sounds like a name I'd make up for my scathing parody of Brett Easton Ellis's worst writing habits.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

a neat cape posted:

Guess who they mainly target

Imagine messing with Daniel Marino Ehud and getting body slammed into the ground so hard you leave a you shaped hole going down 4 ft

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ehud posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aileen_Wuornos

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Its Rinaldo posted:

I guess I'm going to play Breath of the Wild if this game sucks I blame the chat thread
I never played any of the 3D Zeldae, will BotW be too much of a jump? This is also to the rest of y'all

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Thaddius the Large posted:

The house always wins

Pretty much, yeah.

What's going to be wild is seeing if there are anymore 13Gs / 13Ds get filed than usual to see exactly how much bank larger investment firms are pulling in and how many more got involved. A 13G is a filing that must be submitted to the SEC no later than 45 days after quarter end indicating that a company or individual has passed an ownership threshold of over 5% of a particular share class.

For example, here's one that BlackRock just published for their ownership in GameStop: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1326380/000083423721001340/us36467w1099_012621.txt. Here's another for State Street for their Q4 2019 holdings: https://sec.report/Document/0000093751-20-000500/

Keep in mind, this is reporting their holdings in GameStop as of December 31st, 2020 (and 2019 for State Street) and NOT current day. A better picture of all the movement will be available in May, when the Q1 13Gs / 13Ds are filed.

BlackRock reported ownership of just over 13% of the shares in GameStop. If BlackRock did not change their holdings at all in GameStop, their holdings value went from ~$170 million in December to ~$3 billion these past few days.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
BotW is way different from the other 3D Zelda games, you can jump right to it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

CannonFodder posted:

I never played any of the 3D Zeldae, will BotW be too much of a jump? This is also to the rest of y'all

BotW is the closest thing to Zelda 1 of any 3D zelda

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Cool, I'll look into borrowing it.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Thaddius the Large posted:

The house always wins

Always, and Robinhood's getting a bag man in DC just to make sure

https://twitter.com/DaybookJobs/status/1355158613665300482

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Wait...

That’s Mnuchin’s wife

We’re never going to be rid of these people

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Freaquency posted:

Wait...

That’s Mnuchin’s wife

We’re never going to be rid of these people

Written and directed by her and fully funded by Steve Mnuchin, and I don't even want to know how much of it is taxpayer funded

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I don't know if I'd love BotW as much as I do if I hadn't been so massively disappointed by Skyward Sword (not a waggle issue, the formula had just worn thin). I went full dark on botw and didn't see or read anything until I picked it up on launch day. I love it and think it's incredible, doubly so if you're a longtime Zelda fan and recognize the references to other games, but it's not perfect.

Botw2 is my most anticipated game by a huge margin but we've gotten nothing outside the first teaser in the last 18 months.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

wait do you guys not know about Steve Mnuchin and Hollywood

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6518391/

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I can't/won't begin to keep up with the entire Trump Expanded Universe

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He was a producer on a movie where I got to watch Tom Cruise die over and over and over again?

I guess he can't be *all* bad.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

He was a producer on a movie where I got to watch Tom Cruise die over and over and over again?

That movies amazing and dammit if Im mad to know Im helping him everytime I watch it

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If you haven't seen it yet, Monster is a good movie.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Didn't he also EP Into the Spiderverse?

Edit: nope, but he did do a lot of DC stuff which I am choosing thr believe is the main reason for the difference in quality between MCU and DCEU.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

General Dog posted:

I can't/won't begin to keep up with the entire Trump Expanded Universe

Mnuchin isn't even DJTEU. He was the Secretary of the Treasury for four years!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

The property that it's based on has a hilarious name, it's called All You Need Is Kill

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That was great movie, it's too bad the studio couldn't even figure out it's name let alone how to market it properly.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

The property that it's based on has a hilarious name, it's called All You Need Is Kill

Yeah, I dug up the manga at one point....

They made some good changes for the movie, and Tom Cruise was an inspired choice for the main character.

There's a brief period of time where I thought everyone talking about the movie Parasite was about an adaptation of the Manga series Parasyte and boy let me tell you that was confusing. That series is about a guy who has his arm replaced with an invading alien parasite that gets along with him and they team up to stop the rest of his race who are there to do some freaky body horror stuff with everyone.

Kalli fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 29, 2021

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Spoeank posted:

wait do you guys not know about Steve Mnuchin and Hollywood

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm6518391/

I was aware that he was a movie producer (and lolled when I watched Thank You For Smoking the other night and saw his name in the credits; boy was that on the nose) but I had no clue that his wife was an actress. Not a very good one at that; it seemed like she was going for a Patrick Bateman inner monologue thing in the trailer but she just sounds like a dipshit instead.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I dug up the manga at one point....

They made some good changes for the movie, and Tom Cruise was an inspired choice for the main character.

There's a brief period of time where I thought everyone talking about the movie Parasite was about an adaptation of the Manga series Parasyte and boy let me tell you that was confusing. That series is about a guy who has his arm replaced with an invading alien parasite that gets along with him and they team up to stop the rest of his race who are there to do some freaky body horror stuff with everyone.

If the guy masturbates with the arm parasite does that count as sex???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Spoeank posted:

Mnuchin isn't even DJTEU. He was the Secretary of the Treasury for four years!

Yeah but that’s how they rope you in!