Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

mila kunis posted:

trash future on liberal dead enders and the radical centre

https://trashfuturepodcast.podbean.com/e/the-labradoodle-fedayeen-feat-patrick-wyman/

Our friend Patrick Wyman is back! And this week, after a brief jaunt down start up lane, we discuss the rapid radicalisation of the Anglo-American upper-middle class liberal, as they all seem to have gotten too much news recently. We've talked for ages in the past about your aggro conservative uncle, now it's time for the history, sociology, and economy of your aggro centrist uncle!

This was a fun episode, Wyman on TF is always a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AShamefulDisplay
Jun 30, 2013

Goast posted:

why does everyone keep talking about jimmy dore no one loving gives a poo poo shut up

Have you not seen taintrunners post history. He never shuts the gently caress up about Dore.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

The Potential of Posting About Podcasts

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

AShamefulDisplay posted:

Have you not seen taintrunners post history. He never shuts the gently caress up about Dore.

huh thats weird why hasnt he been talking about him for the last few days

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

jimmy dore owns. he is the most effective lib demasking agent

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

AOC did a twitch stream with a rich guy who wants 0% taxes because she needed to outdo Jimmy Dore interviewing a fash boogaloo

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

gh0stpinballa posted:

are you on trashfuture, and 2, who do you play on trash furture

im not a podcaster

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

gh0stpinballa posted:

release 👏🏾 more 👏🏾 ghost 👏🏾 stories

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
i forgot i was the op of this thread. gimme recommendations to update the OP with

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Xaris posted:

release 👏🏾 more 👏🏾 ghost 👏🏾 stories

I think he just did today actually. My podcast app has a new one at least lol

xerxus
Apr 24, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Atrocious Joe posted:

AOC did a twitch stream with a rich guy who wants 0% taxes because she needed to outdo Jimmy Dore interviewing a fash boogaloo

The guy actually bailed, which is good because he wants to run for Governor of California, and giving him clout would be a bad idea.
https://twitter.com/chamath/status/1354974006990958593?s=20

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

mila kunis posted:

i forgot i was the op of this thread. gimme recommendations to update the OP with
Here yo go. I'm gunna link the RSS feeds and the premium RSS feeds for anyone poor or don't want to contribute to nick mullen's cocaine fund

I mostly throw $5 a month to them all and use personally patreon feed directly, so i didn't try the feed links out in pocketcasts or whatever, but it looks like they work on desktop just fine. maybe some people will appreciate it idk

i'm dogshit about summarizing things but i think its all self-explanatory

e: a few of those are in the OP but im repeating them bc gently caress it and gently caress u OP. make me OP. shameful OP trhat doesnt have trueanon and cumtown in it

if you want me to format it more like the OP let me know and ill put in some :effort:

Xaris has issued a correction as of 07:45 on Jan 29, 2021

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Populon posted:

I think he just did today actually. My podcast app has a new one at least lol

ah i havent checked it today, i only looked last night. neato

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

change the OP to only have trueanon and ballin out super

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

5-4 - A more intellectual left leaning law podcast. They go over cases/historic cases that were tried in the supreme court and how almost every justice is a dipshit.
ALAB - The people's law podcast.
Moderate Rebels - Run by the people who run the greyzone. They do a lot of good on the ground coverage on the effects of US imperialism.
QAnonAnonymous - A podcast that mostly does good coverage of the the QAnon conspiracy. They also venture outside to cover general conspiracy stuff. One of their hosts is currently threatening legal action vs Marjorie Taylor Greene because she blocked him on twitter.
What a hell of a way to die - This has been very hit or miss for me but it's 2 lefty ex military dudes talking about mostly military subjects.

AnimeIsTrash has issued a correction as of 04:40 on Jan 29, 2021

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Atrocious Joe posted:

It's funny cuz Dore immediately followed this up with an interview with Daryl Davis, a black musician who got to convince KKK members to leave the group and denounce the organization. I don't know if he had planned it in advance or was reacting to people calling him a fascist sympathizer, but the point was almost definitely trying to counter those accusations.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

AnimeIsTrash posted:

One of their hosts is currently threatening legal action vs Marjorie Taylor Greene because she blocked him on twitter.

He won.

https://twitter.com/travis_view/status/1354490444906946563

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lmao, finally a win for the left.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gh0stpinballa posted:

It's-a me, milo

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

AShamefulDisplay posted:

a classic turn on ur monitor setup

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Surprised he found a lawyer that accepts ZIM bonds

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

a classic turn on ur monitor setup

turn on your monitor

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Shipon posted:

what if they made a vr sequel to descent where you shrink into a tiny ship and fly inside a billionaires head

What if it was his rear end and there were controls to pilot him like a mech

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

i say swears online posted:

change the OP to only have trueanon and ballin out super

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Xaris posted:

Here yo go. I'm gunna link the RSS feeds and the premium RSS feeds for anyone poor or don't want to contribute to nick mullen's cocaine fund

This turned out fully unlistenable to me, precisely because it turns out I remember all that poo poo with perfect clarity the moment anything prods my memory at all. And it is not good stuff to remember.

Which is pretty high praise, anyone who has actually forgotten or didn't for one reason or another pay cspam-on-trump-levels of attention at the time should have a listen. Also good advice for the year 2033, when I suggest all of CSPAM should refrain from listening to whatever historical Trump retrospective podcast is then released.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

seeking derangements is a podcast about two gay men bullying a gay cajun

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Felix did a guest segment on Jacobin Radio about remembering the Bush years; it was pretty good, by which I mean infuriating.

The worst things about the Bush years aren't the stuff you remember and go "Wasn't that crazy?" like freedom fries or people burning Dixie Chicks albums. It's the stuff that was crazy in 1999, became normal, and is still normal now. Like liberals worshiping creepy executive branch agencies.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I got to disagree with Chapo today, Knives Out was good regardless of whatever social message was there. Which is weird to not like because it's a family of rich fail kids getting owned

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

THS posted:

seeking derangements is a podcast about two gay men bullying a gay cajun

they need to make more than like three episodes a year

KomradeX posted:

I got to disagree with Chapo today, Knives Out was good regardless of whatever social message was there. Which is weird to not like because it's a family of rich fail kids getting owned
I liked the movie, no idea why it's a particular target for making GBS threads on since 2019

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

It also gave us the Dartmoor mission on Hitman 3.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

i say swears online posted:

I liked the movie, no idea why it's a particular target for making GBS threads on since 2019

The Chapo premium this week is about movies of the Trump era and this was one if the "bad liberal message movies"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my mom got me into "murder by death" so I've always had a soft spot for the genre

THS
Sep 15, 2017

knives out was thoroughly mediocre imo, aside from anything one might read into it message wise

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Felix's description of Rust as "you play as a bald woman who is immediately beaten to death with rocks" was the best I've ever heard

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Knives Out was a fun murder mystery and its portrayal of white supremacy perpetuating itself even among the "woke" was pretty good (it even basically posits that it happens by virtue of material relations!), but ultimately its social viewpoint falls short of suggesting anything but meritocratic reform.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

its just a fun murder mystery movie with the same mild social satire you find in the average agatha christie novel

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I want more movies with Daniel Craig doing a bad regional accent for no reason.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Is Miss Marple a class traitor? In this five hour video I will

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I would unironically read a series featuring Marx and Engels solving Capitalism Crimes.

(Honestly that's not that far off what Stephen Brust and Emma Bull's Freedom and Necessity is, I guess.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Knives Out was the best movie Rian Johnson made since Brick but that's not saying much.