Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
For anyone with Fidelity, how long did it take to open up options trading? I applied yesterday, but my account is empty at the moment since I will be transferring. Not sure how that would affect things or if it would be easier to start the transfer and hope they have my options enabled within 15 days so they don't get sold in the interim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

java posted:

I still think the real action will be afterhours.

Everything I made was afterhours. Really big dips and jumps the nights I watched. I guess it makes sense with the RH/home investor impact being pretty much nullified that maybe you'd see some crazy poo poo from commercial investors.

I was tempted to put in a buy at $100 or $200 but I worried that I'd just accidentally end up buying a bag on the way down while I was not paying attention.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

LibCrusher posted:

Who has that link on “has the squeeze happened yet” ?

https://isthesqueezesquoze.com/

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
JnJ deflating a bit on news that its 1-shot vaxx is ~70% effective. It is literally good for their bottom life if they don't pivot into mass covid vaccine production so might be worth a pickup here

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

JnJ deflating a bit on news that its 1-shot vaxx is ~70% effective. It is literally good for their bottom life if they don't pivot into mass covid vaccine production so might be worth a pickup here

drat. I was hoping to get that one because I'm terrified of needles and only wanted to do it once. :(

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Lol look at this fool talking non-memes in the meme thread.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Axel Serenity posted:

drat. I was hoping to get that one because I'm terrified of needles and only wanted to do it once. :(

Modern day needles are as close to painless as you can get. I got the DTAP vaccine and legit didn't even feel it.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Sound_man posted:

I've been whittling away my last few shares of GME. The sell limit for my last share is $420.69 because why not. I played it safe/dumb but can't be mad at 175% gains.

I bought a AAPL Mar 05 '21 $133 Call so don't expect it to do anything until the secound week of March.

If you're gonna sell around there anyways I recommend you do it at like 418. I know the memes won't be fulfilled but you have a much better chance of getting your money:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l7v39c/please_remove_your_42069_limit_sells_i_know_its/

A lot of people have a sell at 420, essentially.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Superrodan posted:

If you're gonna sell around there anyways I recommend you do it at like 418. I know the memes won't be fulfilled but you have a much better chance of getting your money:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/l7v39c/please_remove_your_42069_limit_sells_i_know_its/

I think "420.69 is the meme sell" has been spread around with enough people "smartly" going under that that the real cap is going to be closer to sub 400 at this point, but I don't know if the existing limit buy/sell numbers are in a place where I don't need a terminal to look at them

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Axel Serenity posted:

Honestly I think this is still going to be a major player since it's entirely different tech than the mRNA vaccines, easy to distribute, easy to administer, and apparently was ~85% effective in preventing hospitalization!

I have a totally baseless theory that vaccine effectiveness trials are going to be slightly lower for this generation of candidates since the variants are out in the wild now. I suspect Moderna and Pfizer would put up lower numbers if their phase 3 were occurring now instead of last fall.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

LibCrusher posted:

Who has that link on “has the squeeze happened yet” ?

Edit: Found it

http://isthesqueezesquoze.com/

For the others

e:
so drat late, this thread is moving fast

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

"The hedges have to fold by friday" was repeated so much that I suspect the after hours action will be "a slaughter" and a lot of CNBC talking heads saying "We told you so"

Can you explain what you mean by this to someone who knows nothing about stock trading (and who isn't in on this GME stuff at all, just curious)

I guess specifically what would happen to everyone who owns stocks before closing today if these hedge funds started trying to purchase their GME shares after closing?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

PoopShipDestroyer posted:

Can you explain what you mean by this to someone who knows nothing about stock trading (and who isn't in on this GME stuff at all, just curious)

I guess specifically what would happen to everyone who owns stocks before closing today if these hedge funds started trying to purchase their GME shares after closing?

The hedge funds bet that GME would decrease in value. How much they are wrong on that prediction increases the amount of money said hedgefund has to pay.

It's safe to say that they were very wrong and owe a lot of money now.

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

punk rebel ecks posted:

The hedge funds bet that GME would decrease in value. How much they are wrong on that prediction increases the amount of money said hedgefund has to pay.

It's safe to say that they were very wrong and owe a lot of money now.

But they have to buy those stocks they shorted, right? So if GME closes today at, say, $350, what happens if they place the order to purchase all those shares overnight?

Sound_man
Aug 25, 2004
Rocking to the 80s

Superrodan posted:

It's a single share so so the laugh is worth at least a $100 gamble

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

"The hedges have to fold by friday" was repeated so much that I suspect the after hours action will be "a slaughter" and a lot of CNBC talking heads saying "We told you so"

To no one's surprise this has shifted to "the real squeeze is going to happen on Monday or Tuesday, just hold over the weekend!"

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

If I figure that at some point in the next week or two that the GME bubble is gonna burst and we're gonna decline to like, sub 50, what date put do I pick to not get crucified by theta? (asking because on these sort of bets I somehow always get destroyed by theta so I've clearly not figured this out yet)

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
E*TRADE just closed my 275/270 bear put spread on GME at a loss overriding a limit order, total potential loss was 5000 and I had $17k cash on deposit

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Finally VXX calls paying off. In light of not having a real exit strategy (a mistake) I’ll probably close out this afternoon with some profit just so o don’t have to see my one winning bet to date evaporate.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

But they have to buy those stocks they shorted, right? So if GME closes today at, say, $350, what happens if they place the order to purchase all those shares overnight?

The short answer is no, the hedge funds dont all have to buy all the GME to cover their positions today.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

E*TRADE just closed my 275/270 bear put spread on GME at a loss overriding a limit order, total potential loss was 5000 and I had $17k cash on deposit

Lol what the gently caress

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

The general thought here is that the options are all expected to expire on 1/29 and the shorts will have to make good on them by EOD in 3 hours, but rules are a lie and nothing matters except number so who knows for sure

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

I bought 63 shares in AMC because I’m dumb and hate money.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Seems like AMC getting a little skittish

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kraftwerk posted:

I bought 63 shares in AMC because I’m dumb and hate money.
Well not that much for me, but same and lol it's dropping now.

naughty joystick
Jun 6, 2011
The rest of the market is on sale, stock up :rimshot:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

thats not candy posted:

1 dogecoin will always be 1 dogecoin and you cant take that away from any of us

Once it has physical delivery I'll buy some. The dog is cute.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Is AMC a decent buy if I actually plan on holding it till people are vaccinated?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I bought a bunch of stuff on Wednesday at basically the peaks, AMC for 15, NOK for 6.6, and BB for 22. I didn't tie up that much money in them but I'm lolling at my great timing. My GME at 330 isn't so bad in comparison.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

naughty joystick posted:

Yeah, I dunno what's up but to be expected with the craziness this week. Decided to bulk up some of my fractional holds into full shares while the getting's good.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Got out of GME at $398 this morning, if the hedge funds are pulling the kind of poo poo we've been seeing it's clear there's no way to rely on the squeeze actually happening.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

naughty joystick posted:

I picked up some AAPL since it dropped so much after what was otherwise really good news for them.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

naughty joystick posted:

I did, thanks everyone!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Is there any logical reason for AAPL to have dropped 5% today?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

ranbo das posted:

To no one's surprise this has shifted to "the real squeeze is going to happen on Monday or Tuesday, just hold over the weekend!"

Good to see Q Anon chuds refocusing their stick it to the man energy to something more tangible than a pedophilic cabal.

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.
Is buying AAL a stupid thing to buy now? Not looking at a quick turnaround but also don't wanna buy at 17 if it'll keep dropping down a ways lower in the next week.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Bardeh posted:

Is there any logical reason for AAPL to have dropped 5% today?

Market volatility because of Gamestonks?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Considering that the year range low of GME was $2:57 and its around $330:00 at the moment, plus marv's somehow managed to bend time and space to hold 129% of the stonk, even if it looses half its value to $165, marv's going to be eviscerated.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Atoramos posted:

Got out of GME at $398 this morning, if the hedge funds are pulling the kind of poo poo we've been seeing it's clear there's no way to rely on the squeeze actually happening.

Seriously, it is so much in the public conscious now that I can only imagine behind closed doors Wall Street is laying down plans to not get completely hosed over, and instead make an amicable exit over the next few days.

Also watch what happens when dfv finally tells Reddit he pulls out...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Shorts are being slaughtered, not sure why the squeeze failing to come today says otherwise. Explain?