Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I have hang out on the RLM thread's for years, whenever the subject of GoT brought up in this thread or the older RLM thread, some posters will always reply their left the show after S3 or S4. I always think, but you missed out on the best moments of the series, which is watching The Battle of The Bastards and The Winds of Winter in real time along with the GoT thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

stephenthinkpad posted:

I have hang out on the RLM thread's for years, whenever the subject of GoT brought up in this thread or the older RLM thread, some posters will always reply their left the show after S3 or S4. I always think, but you missed out on the best moments of the series, which is watching The Battle of The Bastards and The Winds of Winter in real time along with the GoT thread.

those great moments are weged between massive unrelenting mountains of poo poo though, they were enough to keep people engaged but the fact it was clearly going so downhill is probably a big part of why it fell completely out of the zeitgeist when it ended.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

stephenthinkpad posted:

is this what alzheimers is like

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Rememberin those sand snakes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Communist Thoughts posted:

Rememberin those sand snakes

way too little tiddy for how long those scenes were

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

will there be adequate bad pussy

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

That translation is a bit underselling it, he says England is a piece of poo poo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

stonetoss av

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

thats explicitely the point of the book and orwell even sez so in the foreword

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

thats explicitely the point of the book and orwell even sez so in the foreword

look at this posh guy, reading :airquote:forewords:airquote:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
arse-strip one

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

twoday posted:

sex arse-strip one

ftfy

twoday
May 4, 2005

:eyepop:

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

oliwan posted:

is this what alzheimers is like

LOL, I blame the SA app. I was on the RLM thread I swear!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

You do me a great honor sir and/or madam :tipshat:

twoday
May 4, 2005

spankmeister posted:

You do me a great honor sir and/or madam :tipshat:

that may be, but at least I'll be sober in the morning

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

unsalvageable plague isle. set up evacuation points disguised as vaccination centers then wall it off before they infect the rest of the world more than they already have

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

unsalvageable plague isle. set up evacuation points disguised as vaccination centers then wall it off before they infect the rest of the world more than they already have

escape from GB movie when

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Isn't Johnson supposed to do some really in Scotland soon?

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Samovar posted:

He was in Scotland yesterday. Nobody noticed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Samovar posted:

https://twitter.com/NickyZog/status/1353732401009188867?s=19

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

...is this real? :chloe:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

oliwan posted:

...is this real? :chloe:

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17711776.fact-check-boris-johnson-call-scottish-people-verminous-race/

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

The spectator is like top 2 in the most lunatic racist British papers so yeah Boris is a professional

twoday
May 4, 2005

The spectator is like top 2 in the most lunatic racist British papers so yeah Boris is a professional

What’s number 1? The Express?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

twoday posted:

What’s number 1? The Express?

The Mail.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this owns tho

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

:captainpop:

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
perhaps all british deserve extermination

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Call me a sniviling snowflake, but somehow a poem calling for extermination of a people doesn't really seem funny.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

every time i think i have a handle on the depths to which the english can sink in public without any effect on their lives whatsoever, something new comes along to make me re-evaluate. wholesale scots genocide?? oh, but at least he's not anti-semitic

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Samovar posted:

Call me a sniviling snowflake, but somehow a poem calling for extermination of a people doesn't really seem funny.

yeah you're right snowflake

I don't disagree with you just fulfilling your wishes and all that

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Jazerus posted:

every time i think i have a handle on the depths to which the english can sink in public without any effect on their lives whatsoever, something new comes along to make me re-evaluate. wholesale scots genocide?? oh, but at least he's not anti-semitic

I have some bad news about people who rhyme 'extermination' with 'solution', and it ain't that their grasp of the English language is poorly.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Jazerus posted:

when its bojo: ees jus avin a laff. lassic britis umor un wit that

when jormy says "banker": guardian column demanding the ehrc be given the power to execute

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

:britain:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

90s Cringe Rock posted:

perhaps all british deserve extermination

I'm honestly OK with that as long as I get to watch all the Tory heads falling into baskets before you get to me.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R

Jazerus posted:

"you just don't get british humour"

twoday
May 4, 2005

Hmm the mail is bad, but the express always struck me as much worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Jazerus posted:

""Boris Johnson book depicts Jews as controlling the media | The Independent | The Independent" posted:

Boris Johnson depicted Jews as controlling the media and being able to “fiddle” elections in a little-known 2004 novel written while he was a Tory MP, it has emerged.