Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Freaquency posted:

I was aware that he was a movie producer (and lolled when I watched Thank You For Smoking the other night and saw his name in the credits; boy was that on the nose) but I had no clue that his wife was an actress. Not a very good one at that; it seemed like she was going for a Patrick Bateman inner monologue thing in the trailer but she just sounds like a dipshit instead.

His wife isn't an actress, she wants to be an actress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

General Dog posted:

Yeah but that’s how they rope you in!

While you're here about Steve Mnuchin do you want to know about Jerome Corsi and Jim Watkins and Stan Chera

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Spoeank posted:

While you're here about Steve Mnuchin do you want to know about Jerome Corsi and Jim Watkins and Stan Chera

Steve Bannon being involved in World of Warcraft gold selling schemes is my favorite random thing from the Trump administration.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Just got told a story about a neighbor of a friend who does this, and their goats are always escaping. Last time they had to call the sheriff because they got out and started chasing people at the bar across the street from the goat property.

Small town life!

CannonFodder posted:

I never played any of the 3D Zeldae, will BotW be too much of a jump? This is also to the rest of y'all

I'll give you status updates but if you have ever played a 3d adventure game you will know what to do the puzzles seem way more involved though

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

This has been knocking around in my brain since you posted it. I really don't have any deep new insight to add, it just really clicked that wealthy people will gladly pay a huge sum to someone else who already owns something they see as valuable, but lose their minds at the idea of "over-paying" someone to do manual labor. It's the same disgusting poo poo that comes up every time the minimum wage is discussed when people who still think it's 1960 lose their minds at the idea of someone getting paid a fair wage to "flip burgers".

Everyone should read The Political Aspects of Full Employment. Low wages and unemployment are not entirely, or even mostly, about maximizing profit per se

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Biden thirsting on main

https://twitter.com/PUNISHEDASH/status/1355186663107031043?s=20

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Ornery and Hornery posted:

If the guy masturbates with the arm parasite does that count as sex???

I'm 99% sure the arm parasite could turn into a vagina if it tried so maybe

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Unsurprisingly, it comes up

Its Rinaldo posted:

Just got told a story about a neighbor of a friend who does this, and their goats are always escaping. Last time they had to call the sheriff because they got out and started chasing people at the bar across the street from the goat property.

Small town life!

I'll give you status updates but if you have ever played a 3d adventure game you will know what to do the puzzles seem way more involved though

Yeah, they're herd animals, so they'll absolutely escape if you only have a couple, but the easiest way to keep them from wandering too far is to have fencing that some can't escape. Like an adult goat can jump a 6-8 ft fence no issue, but if you have babies or pregnant females or weaker ones that can't, they won't wander that far away from them.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Get that man some corn flakes, stat

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Whenever I wonder if my shitposting is leaving me with an unserious view of the world...

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1355229363982229504

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

That 30 for 30 on Chad Pennington looks...a little off the beaten path

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

Unless you think folks are photoshopping poo poo, nope.

Yeah I think folks are photoshopping poo poo, for sure. Not all of them, probably not even a lot of them, but a few who are 100% cynically going for the extremely obvious pump and dump strategy (and not just once, they're pumping, dumping, buying the dip, pumping again), and photoshopping poo poo now and again to "prove" they're DIAMOND HANDSing it with the proles is not a serious challenge.

There's far, far, far less diamond-hands holding going on than the wallstreebets regulars want the enthusiastic newbies to realize.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

You guys ever work somewhere that gets really into DISC or Myers-Briggs?

what a bunch of stupid horseshit lol

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Soon it’s going to be the Enneagram Test

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ehud posted:

Widespread psychological testing at my place of work would probably just raise the alarm at how dangerously unhinged so many people in this place are, we’re best just pretending everything’s fine

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

We had to do Myers-Briggs stuff in High school, I've never heard of DiSC but from a quick google, I immediately hate it.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grittybeard posted:

Steve Bannon being involved in World of Warcraft gold selling schemes is my favorite random thing from the Trump administration.
Steve Bannon was the "Finance guru" brought in to save the science project BioSphere 2 back in the 90s, and his finance advice was to cut all corners until it could go bankrupt and be bought by a University.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ehud posted:

my intro-level speech class at college was taught by this lady who was suuuper into meyers-briggs. Our first two assignments (of six speeches total) were to make a speech "about meyers-briggs." Of course she had us all take a meyers-briggs on the first day of class, and then share our results too.

It was such horseshit. I made mine entirely about how meyers-briggs was utter bullshit. I mean not in those terms of course, I went to the goddamn library and researched the history, attacked the methodology, the history, the people involved, compared to the (also totally bankrupt) stanford-binet intelligence tests, etc. etc.

She was not happy with me but it was a speech class so we were being graded on speechifying rather than the content so I passed anyway. lol. I think about half the class dropped by the fourth or fifth week but it was one of my first classes and I was too :ohdear: to drop classes that first year.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
lol well yall know how I was asking about TV's saying I think mines about to die?

Heard a pop, image went black and now it wont turn on. The power light comes on and then slowly fades out, won't do anything else

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

This guy will make more money next year than I will probably see in my lifetime

https://twitter.com/AdamLefkoe/status/1355234085870956553?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ehud posted:

Myers-Briggs is astrology for people who claim to be too smart for astrology.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah I think folks are photoshopping poo poo, for sure. Not all of them, probably not even a lot of them, but a few who are 100% cynically going for the extremely obvious pump and dump strategy (and not just once, they're pumping, dumping, buying the dip, pumping again), and photoshopping poo poo now and again to "prove" they're DIAMOND HANDSing it with the proles is not a serious challenge.

I completely get this, and I had the same issues, but it really appears as if the main 7-8 guys who started the whole thing are still saving. One dudes like 19 and has 1000 to his name and he’s still in at like 2.5 million. It’s insanity.

I’d love to see someone break down if it’s photoshop or not. Lord knows I’m not the eye to tell.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

Trust the system was too easy, now we've moved on to trust the systems.

Seems rather tone deaf to take that PR approach in Philly but at least it's slightly different.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1355229576205623301

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sRuLfr22BE

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

CannonFodder posted:

I never played any of the 3D Zeldae, will BotW be too much of a jump? This is also to the rest of y'all

Nah, if you’ve played any 3rd-person game where you can swing something to hit an enemy you’ve locked on to you’ll pick up the combat. Where BotW really shines is compared to many games that promise an “open world” but only unlock part of the map at a time. BotW starts off on Tutorial Island for about 2 hours, introduces about 80% of the core gameplay mechanics and concepts, then gives you a way to leave it with an idea of where to go next. Instead of following that bread crumb, you could try going to any of the 4 corners of the map instead. You’ll probably get your rear end kicked because of a few different reasons, but you can try.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

I completely get this, and I had the same issues, but it really appears as if the main 7-8 guys who started the whole thing are still saving. One dudes like 19 and has 1000 to his name and he’s still in at like 2.5 million. It’s insanity.

I’d love to see someone break down if it’s photoshop or not. Lord knows I’m not the eye to tell.

Yeah ten dudes with a few million bucks in shares are a tiny minority of the retail holders and I would not be surprised if they're all being honest. Their livelihoods are a combo of their actual investments, and their popularity as social media stars in their particular corner of the world, and probably they're not gonna trash the latter just to fund the former.

There's a ton of other people dumping screenies into the thousand-posts-a-second chatrooms and at least some of those are company shills working for investment banks, and a bunch more are dotcom sit at home bored STEMlords happily egging everyone on while they make sure they lock in profits and do not become one of the inevitable bagholders.

e. also it's sometimes possible to tell photoshops of actual photos, but when you're "photoshopping" a screenshot, you're not stuck with like jpeg artifacts or whatever. You can literally open the HTML code for your online broker browser tab and change the numbers and then take a screeny and that would not be detectible at all. Or you can just cut & paste numbers in a screenshot of an app and it'd be completely seamless, there's no visually-undetectable color variations from one pixel of a perfectly uniform app background to the next.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 29, 2021

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Had to go into the office today since we are shuffling our offices around. Packing gave me quite an appetite, so I took advantage of being back in the city for once!

Glory glory hallelujah.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I'm rewatching Justified, is it an actual thing in the south for loving bad-rear end men to still refer to their fathers as "daddy"?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

shirts and skins posted:

Had to go into the office today since we are shuffling our offices around. Packing gave me quite an appetite, so I took advantage of being back in the city for once!

Glory glory hallelujah.

Wow looks great

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Skwirl posted:

I'm rewatching Justified, is it an actual thing in the south for loving bad-rear end men to still refer to their fathers as "daddy"?

The historical documentary Red Dawn (the first time around) taught me that this is a thing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Leperflesh posted:

There's far, far, far less diamond-hands holding going on than the wallstreebets regulars want the enthusiastic newbies to realize.

This means that when the big money people holding the majority of stocks decides it’s time to cash out the whole thing is going to collapse in the blink of an eye and WSB is gonna lose it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

The historical documentary Red Dawn (the first time around) taught me that this is a thing.

So loving weird. I call my dad "dad" or if I'm angry at him or dissapointed "father."

If I'm really loving pissed off I use his name.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I just say Dad.

I dont think I've ever actually used his name

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

bobjr posted:

Soon it’s going to be the Enneagram Test

One of our HR people really tries to get you to take an Enneagram and have your directs do so, so you can know how to motivate and communicate with them. lmao. Or I could, uh, talk with them weekly and get to know them and how to work with them.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Robinhood making sure it never happens again I guess

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1355240966102396930

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail

Skwirl posted:

This is a guy who has what he wants to say buried somewhere in his brain but hasnt spoken to a public audience in 20 years

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Master Stur posted:

This is a guy who has what he wants to say buried somewhere in his brain but hasnt spoken to a public audience in 20 years

I mean, I guess it's unfair to expect people hired to be good at sports to also be media spokespeople, but I've watched press interviews with athletes that had a concussion hours earlier that were more concise and insightful.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Intruder posted:

Robinhood making sure it never happens again I guess

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1355240966102396930

https://twitter.com/bespokeinvest/status/1354936237904322567

This is why. This has been regular trading volume plus a massive loving explosion of action on meme stocks. It's not really a nefarious action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Skwirl posted:

LaFluer's introductory presser was a nightmare too and he's a good coach so who knows